Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Do You Also Think This ? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Do You Also Think This ? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Do You Also Think This ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Do You Also Think This ? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Do You Also Think This ?

Go down 
+12
Cyberization
Outbreakgirl
Crimson_Wolf
Godzilla90s
SWITCHMYND
Vandal
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
00biohazard
Known_Hero
ChrisRedfieldRE156
MSR
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like Early RE5 or Final Product RE5?
Early RE5 looked scary
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap33%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 8 ]
Final Product RE5 is fine with me
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap29%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
I don't care, I'm a sheep
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap4%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Sheva ruined the Final Product
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap8%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
DC Douglas ruined the Final Product
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap4%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Sheva and DC Douglas Wesker made RE5
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap13%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
RE4 killed this franchise for me
Do You Also Think This ? Vote_lcap8%Do You Also Think This ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Do You Also Think This ? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Resident Evil has been known to be a Survival/Horror series since it first came out. To this day, RE is still known as the “zombie” “horror” game series, but just like with anything else in the world, there is inevitable change. Horror films with tons of comic relief, and horror games with plenty of action. RE5 is a game that from it’s early trailers in 2006 looked to be one intense and scary game. Take a trip with me and let’s look at some of what we unfortunately missed out on in the final product.

Chris was a lone wolf protagonist in unknown territory, for at the time of the trailer, unknown reasons.
Do You Also Think This ? REFscaryCR_zps9fe6549c

The were some cool and scary vibes in this shanty town of Kijuju in the early trailers.
Do You Also Think This ? REFscaryRE5_zpsb88f2651

Do You Also Think This ? REFscaryRE52_zps72be2a82

The enemies were very aggressive and rage filled, ready to take down Chris with arm wrenching holds and kicking him when he's down. They wanted you dead.
Do You Also Think This ? REFscaryRE51_zps9899a59a

But Chris was determined to see his mission through to the end.
Do You Also Think This ? REFscaryRE53_zpse92b4d86

I’m still quite happy with RE5, on the whole, but if it had deviated less from what we saw earlier on, then I think we would’ve had a much more satisfying Resident Evil 5.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Spike Reaver on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Honestly loved the first version of RE it looked awesome and would have gotten much more "Love" from fans than the final product, but i vote for the final version of the game, first its my favorite game, not only among RE series, but among all the games ive played, second that game literally changed my life . . . . (and finally if not final version, the world would have never witnessed juicy bottom of Shevas . . . ) Yes its a radical step apart even from RE4 but admit guys its an awesome game (final version) . . .
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 pm

I think those trailers showed exactly what we got: a juiced up Chris gunning down a bunch of poorly equipped villagers.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
I think those trailers showed exactly what we got: a juiced up Chris gunning down a bunch of poorly equipped villagers.

This comment is kind of mean.

But I agree Spike, RE5 looked way better in the earlier version, it looked intense, the enemies were genuinley SCARY and didn't need to look like nightmare silent hill creatures to do so. Chris was alone, and the isolating feeling was there. The intense sun, the shadow effects, what RE5 shouldv'e been. I agree with you, I still like RE5 as it is, and I have tons of fun with it when I'm not in the mood to play RE6 or REmake, but it could've been so much better. Just as groundbreaking as RE4 if they hadn't decided to fracture the story by integrating Co-op and its features.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Sheva and DC Douglas Wesker made RE5. Deal with it!
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:17 am

NiteKrawler wrote:

Spike cant, Spike wont, Spike will never deal with the fact that DC douglas is an awesome voice actor Twisted Evil

@00bio: Yes it was awesome and scary, but it would have had nothing new in it, no innovations xept of the ass kicking graphics and new Game engine, so it would have literally been the copy of RE4 with much better graphics, im not saying that its wrong, maybe even better, but with the final product RE5 at least introduced co-op to the game series . . .
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

I think you accidentally chose the wrong poll option.

Spoiler:

00biohazard wrote:
But I agree Spike, RE5 looked way better in the earlier version, it looked intense, the enemies were genuinley SCARY and didn't need to look like nightmare silent hill creatures to do so. Chris was alone, and the isolating feeling was there. The intense sun, the shadow effects, what RE5 shouldv'e been. I agree with you, I still like RE5 as it is, and I have tons of fun with it when I'm not in the mood to play RE6 or REmake, but it could've been so much better. Just as groundbreaking as RE4 if they hadn't decided to fracture the story by integrating Co-op and its features.

I think back to RE4, and how it's really cool and scary, and makes you feel all alone at the beginning in the village. I feel like all later parts of the game, especially by the Island section, pale in comparision.

I feel like RE5's beginning could've been just like that, and looking at the early trailers, that's what I think we would've gotten. Intead it just feels like you very quickly and briskly run through that beginning section. I think the real-time and the co-op are factors in that. Just like with a lot of the Outbreak levels, with it being real-time and cooperative, it doesn't really feel like you get to enjoy your time in any given location, like you would with the mansion, or RPD, or the village even.

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Spike will never deal with the fact that DC douglas is an awesome voice actor Twisted Evil

Yeah. I really enjoyed DC Douglas' Wesker impression when he played The Master in Buffy.

Quote :
@00bio: Yes it was awesome and scary, but it would have had nothing new in it, no innovations xept of the ass kicking graphics and new Game engine, so it would have literally been the copy of RE4 with much better graphics, im not saying that its wrong, maybe even better, but with the final product RE5 at least introduced co-op to the game series . . .

RE5 wouldn't necessarily have been a carbon copy of RE4. Any more than RE2 was of RE1. Co-op is great, and no one can deny that RE is a better series for having it, it allows us to play with our friends and have even more fun. I'm sure we all imagined the day when we'd finally be able to do so. Just not at the expense of the story mode.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

This comment is kind of mean.

What was mean about it?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:46 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Chris was a lone wolf protagonist in unknown territory, for at the time of the trailer, unknown reasons.
That isn't entirely true. Barry was with him, remember? They propably just left him out of the trailers to surprise us later on. Then again, they might have gotten seperated at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
That isn't entirely true. Barry was with him, remember? They propably just left him out of the trailers to surprise us later on. Then again, they might have gotten seperated at some point.

But the game was focused on him being alone, they separate later on and he supposedly meets sheva and jll after but separate from them as well. The whole city of the Ndipaya thing, was Chris alone.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm

You know, I have a lot of mixed feelings about Resident Evil 5. I can't decide if I liked it or not, but one thing is for sure, I get the feeling the biggest reason Spike didn't like Resident Evil 5 is only because of DC Douglas. Why do the polls look like that? DC Douglas ruined Resident Evil 5? What the hell is that?
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Mercy wrote:
You know, I have a lot of mixed feelings about Resident Evil 5. I can't decide if I liked it or not, but one thing is for sure, I get the feeling the biggest reason Spike didn't like Resident Evil 5 is only because of DC Douglas. Why do the polls look like that? DC Douglas ruined Resident Evil 5? What the hell is that?

No spike ruined RE5 cs he doesn't like DC Douglas . . .

i really dont get why you dont like RE5, its an awesome game, yes its not as scary as RE1 or 2 was, but neither was RE4, well at least it never scared me, but everybody loves it, there were not that much and tough puzzles, zombies were out, environment was not as dark and scary as in 3 (well not as shiny and happy as in 5 i give you that ), but still all you guys dig it. I love RE4 my self its one of my favorite games, but i cant see that much difference between RE4 and 5, so i dont get why one is loved and the other - not that much . . .
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Mercy wrote:

i really dont get why you dont like RE5, its an awesome game, yes its not as scary as RE1 or 2 was, but neither was RE4, well at least it never scared me, but everybody loves it, there were not that much and tough puzzles, zombies were out, environment was not as dark and scary as in 3 (well not as shiny and happy as in 5 i give you that ), but still all you guys dig it. I love RE4 my self its one of my favorite games, but i cant see that much difference between RE4 and 5, so i dont get why one is loved and the other - not that much . . .

In what universe is RE5 shiny and happy? Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 am

00biohazard wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

But the game was focused on him being alone, they separate later on and he supposedly meets sheva and jll after but separate from them as well. The whole city of the Ndipaya thing, was Chris alone.

Not only that, but the Trailers are what I was focusing on with this thread.

That said, I had heard about Barry being involved, and this was way back in 2006, but I never personally saw a trailer with Barry, or anything personally.

Mercy wrote:

The polls are legit. Even though it seems 3 peeps voted for the obviously ridiculous choice,

And I've explained numerous times my dislike for RE5, irregardless of DC and his poor performance indeed.

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:

In what universe is RE5 shiny and happy? Razz

Do You Also Think This ? Untitled-2_zps6d064ec5
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:25 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Not only that, but the Trailers are what I was focusing on with this thread.

That said, I had heard about Barry being involved, and this was way back in 2006, but I never personally saw a trailer with Barry, or anything personally.
If you haven't read it already, I suggest you do it now: [link] That's the full story of what RE5 was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Spikeface wrote:
The polls are legit. Even though it seems 3 peeps voted for the obviously ridiculous choice,

And I've explained numerous times my dislike for RE5, irregardless of DC and his poor performance indeed.
I know you have. But why the hell would you have something that says Sheva and Wesker ruined Resident Evil 5 when you didn't even mention them in your OP? It seems out of place. You just want to hate on them for the sake of hating on them. They were planned from the very start, how could they ruin the final product if they were meant to be in the original product anyway?

DC worked on Umbrella Chronicles, and they liked him and took him on for RE5. Sheva was going to be in the game if you like her or not. They didn't "ruin" the game by your standards. Capcom "ruined" the game.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 am

im a sheep.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

RE5 looked way better in the earlier version, it looked intense, the enemies were genuinley SCARY and didn't need to look like nightmare silent hill creatures to do so. Chris was alone, and the isolating feeling was there. The intense sun, the shadow effects, what RE5 shouldv'e been.

i cant agree with you more, the more i think about the early RE5 the more i want it but im still perfectly fine with the real RE5
Back to top Go down
Crimson_Wolf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Playstation Network Ketsueki_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Has anyone read some of the developer notes on what RE5 was going to be like before they added Co-Op? There was going to be more large areas, some at night, Barry Burton making an appearance, multiple endings, actual zombies, a gun merchant, among other things. I would have loved it if Capcom made THAT RE5 instead of what we have now.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 am

@00biohazard

Didn't see my question or are you just ignoring me? Either way....

Do You Also Think This ? Zy90k1
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 am

I thought that early trailers were scary and finally getting back to the to the old ways kind of.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Didn't see my question or are you just ignoring me? Either way....

I'm curious too. Razz

Mercyhole wrote:
I know you have. But why the hell would you have something that says Sheva and Wesker ruined Resident Evil 5 when you didn't even mention them in your OP? It seems out of place. You just want to hate on them for the sake of hating on them.

Never assume. It makes an ass out of u and me.

Mercyhole wrote:
They were planned from the very start, how could they ruin the final product if they were meant to be in the original product anyway?

My apologies. I didn't realize you were part of the development team for RE5. My bad.

Oh wait, how would you really know that?

Even if Sheva and Wesker were there from Day 1, which isn't completely true, Sheva surely didn't have a spot-stealing role that got in the way of a storyline that had zip to do with her. Nuff said. Wesker, well he went to hell by UC. Speaking of...

Mercyhole wrote:
DC worked on Umbrella Chronicles, and they liked him and took him on for RE5. Sheva was going to be in the game if you like her or not. They didn't "ruin" the game by your standards. Capcom "ruined" the game.

Douglas did work on UC. Apparently after Waugh, according to an interview I've read. I've event posted it up on here before.

And we could blame everything on "Capcom", but how about make it a little more personal by blaming a specific character, so Capcom knows where there mistake is, rather than just thinking, "Oh, we did wrong? Where?".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:
They were planned from the very start, how could they ruin the final product if they were meant to be in the original product anyway?

My apologies. I didn't realize you were part of the development team for RE5. My bad.

Oh wait, how would you really know that?

Even if Sheva and Wesker were there from Day 1, which isn't completely true
Have you even read the article I've linked multiple times? He is speaking the truth.

I'd also appreciate if you weren't that condescending towards people who disagree with you. You know, like editing their names in your posts and posting that same old joke about assuming time and time again. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Have you even read the article I've linked multiple times? He is speaking the truth.

IDR

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'd also appreciate if you weren't that condescending towards people who disagree with you. You know, like editing their names in your posts and posting that same old joke about assuming time and time again. Just saying.

Condescending?

As I understand it:

con·de·scend·ing (knd-sndng)
adj.
Displaying a patronizingly superior attitude:

Is that like Spikeface or Spikehead?

And my jokes are neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

IDR
Shouldn't you be interested even slightly in the beta version you are constantly fangasming over? You know, other than watching those two trailers on repeat. Strive on education on the things you love, dood!

Btw. Is "being a dick" more valid option? Because I don't want to call you a dick. Pardon my lack of English vocabulary, can't really think of any other fitting terms here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Also Think This ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: