Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Ultimate Gaming Controller!

Go down 
+8
ChickenHeart
Industrial Ridden
RaviorStygian
NiteKrawler
will1234562
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
MSR
12 posters

Which Controller?
Super Nintendo
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap10%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
N64
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap10%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Gamecube
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap20%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Wii
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap0%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wii U Gamepad
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap0%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Genesis/Megadrive
 0% [ 0 ]
PlayStation
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap20%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Xbox
 0% [ 0 ]
Keyboard & Mouse
The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_lcap30%The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Dreamcast
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 am

There have been so many video game controllers over the years for so many different consoles. Which one did you like to use the most?

Mine is definately the Nintendo Gamecube Silver Wavebird(wireless) Controller.

Whether it's playing one of the RE games with consistency, or kickin' ass and takin' names in Brawl or SCII, it plays so nicely. I always thought it looked strange, with a large A button and a small B button, and two oddly shapped X and Y buttons, but it's actually really great once you get used to it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 am

WASD+Mouse #1. PC gamers, if there are any on this forum, Back me up.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 am

Why are the PS controllers even different options? They're all basically the same with only minor changes. Same with Xbox and 360. Then, if we're starting from the fourth console generation, there seems to be a certain lack of Wii and Sega Genesis controllers. Mind if I change it up a bit, you know, to be fair and all?

Anyway, I'll go with the PS controller.

EDIT: This does go on to show how much Nintendo likes to change their controllers from console to console.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 am

I prefer Keyboard & Mouse.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

PS controller. Xbox controllers work fine too. All Nintendo controllers have been crap in comparison.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 am

I love the GC controller. So comfortable, and the control stick is amazing.

Another one that I really like the Wii Gamepad Pro. The Wii U gamepad is actually pretty neat, too.

The 360 controller is perfect, aside from the control pad being really lack luster.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:04 pm

I can't seem to feel comfortable with Xbox controllers. I actually had the original Xbox at one point, but sold it. The PS controllers feel smooth and the button placement is right on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 pm

NES Controller was best
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Why are the PS controllers even different options? They're all basically the same with only minor changes. Same with Xbox and 360. Then, if we're starting from the fourth console generation, there seems to be a certain lack of Wii and Sega Genesis controllers.

Sure, but they are different. Like the original PS controllers didn't have duel shock. Later they did, but no Ps2 controller is without this. Also, Ps3 controllers are one of my favs. I like how nice they feel, not the stupid boomerange ones, but the ones that are more like Ps2, except the R2 and L2 buttons feel better.

Quote :
Mind if I change it up a bit, you know, to be fair and all?

Sure, if you want. The only reason I didn't put others, is because I'm not as familar with them. Like I've never owned a Genesis or Saturn, though I've played them, but I don't even remember at all what their controllers look like, so I didn't feel comfortable putting them in the poll.

Quote :
EDIT: This does go on to show how much Nintendo likes to change their controllers from console to console.

For sure. I mean the N64 Trident controller that required 3 arms to play with, to the superb GC controller! I don't mind the Wiimote, but I'm not too fond of it.

RaviorStygian wrote:
The 360 controller is perfect, aside from the control pad being really lack luster.

I agree, I love the current 360 controller. Except for the stupid D-pad. Whenever I press Up, it weights it's options, considers the situation, then goes left. Evil or Very Mad

Well since I've got you here Mr. Stygian, let me aks you somethin' about the Wii-U.

Can you use the GC controller on the Wii-U? Also, can you play Wii games on the Wii-U? This may all dictate whether I decide to get a Wii-U or not.

I like my Wii just fine, although it's stupid when it comes to Brawl, it takes forever for it to read and play. You have to instert the disc in your Wii, then eject it, then re-insert, then eject, insert, eject, insert, eject, it takes forever. It's like having intercourse with your Wii console.

ChickenHeart wrote:
NES Controller was best

Trollers.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Quote :
Mind if I change it up a bit, you know, to be fair and all?

Sure, if you want. The only reason I didn't put others, is because I'm not as familar with them. Like I've never owned a Genesis or Saturn, though I've played them, but I don't even remember at all what their controllers look like, so I didn't feel comfortable putting them in the poll.
I wanted to add that one since some people say it is the best controller ever made Very Happy I have played on a Genesis and I have a Megadrive but I still prefer the PS controller, though.

SpikeCloud wrote:
You have to instert the disc in your Wii, then eject it, then re-insert, then eject, insert, eject, insert, eject, it takes forever. It's like having intercourse with your Wii console.
Just like the good old days, right?
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 am

PS controllers are the best.

Also, I love how Gamecube controllers can come in different sizes, which makes them awesome too.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I wanted to add that one since some people say it is the best controller ever made Very Happy I have played on a Genesis and I have a Megadrive but I still prefer the PS controller, though.

Go for it! You mean the original PS controller? Over Ps2 and Ps3?

Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
You have to instert the disc in your Wii, then eject it, then re-insert, then eject, insert, eject, insert, eject, it takes forever. It's like having intercourse with your Wii console.

I don't know what you mean. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 am

Spike Valentine wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Go for it! You mean the original PS controller? Over Ps2 and Ps3?
The PS controller as in the PS controller, they are all almost identical. If you don't count the original ones that didn't have the analog sticks, the only difference is that the L2 and R2 buttons have gotten bigger over time.

Spike Valentine wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I don't know what you mean. scratch
I can only assume you haven't owned a NES or SNES? I guess even the 64 had times when you had to take the cartridge out, possibly blow in it and put it back in for it to work.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

The PS controller as in the PS controller, they are all almost identical. If you don't count the original ones that didn't have the analog sticks, the only difference is that the L2 and R2 buttons have gotten bigger over time.

Ah yes, I miss those days when controls didn't have analog sticks. Now it's all we use for movement. The D-pad used to be the main Control of the character. I loved it and how simple it was.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Playstation controller. I'll admit however, the 360 controller is good for the right pc games.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Playstation controller. I'll admit however, the 360 controller is good for the right pc games.

I've never played any PC games before due to the fact that my laptop is a piece of shit. I never did try it with any console controller. Does it work on the PS3 controller?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 pm

EVERYONE SHUT UP!......Gamecube is the best, lol. 360 comes 2nd, but it might be #1 if the D-pad wasn't ass
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm

The Gamecube controller lacks the bumpers that come into play so often in games.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
The Gamecube controller lacks the bumpers that come into play so often in games.

Pfft, it's got better, it has the Z button.

Bumpers aren't completely necessary anyway. I mean, GC managed to work MGS the Twin Snakes on their console with the GC controller, and it worked really well.

The GC controller works perfect for RE too. It's very consistent, Z is always Map, Y is always Inventory, A is always Action(including shooting while aiming), B is always Running, R is Aim, etc.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 am

I'm being objective. The PS controller has a better layout. So does the Xbox controller. Very often, games utilize every button on the controller and the Gamecube controller fails to negotiate this problem. I'd like to see someone use a Gamecube controller to play Battlefield 3 or Assassin's Creed or Guardians of Middle-earth, etc. Hell, most games I play make use of every button. The GC controller may only be missing one button, but that one button is very important.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'm being objective. The PS controller has a better layout. So does the Xbox controller. Very often, games utilize every button on the controller and the Gamecube controller fails to negotiate this problem. I'd like to see someone use a Gamecube controller to play Battlefield 3 or Assassin's Creed or Guardians of Middle-earth, etc. Hell, most games I play make use of every button. The GC controller may only be missing one button, but that one button is very important.

The GC's way of dealing with that, is having like 2 buttons for an action. i.e. In MGS, to answer your Codec when someone calls you, you simply press Select on a PS controller. GC only has Start, no Select, so Start + A answers your Codec in Twin Snakes.

The GC controller was great for it's time, but clearly it would be more challenging for it to be used with all of these modern games. CoD, Gears(which I still haven't played), AC, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 am

The GC controller would be on par if they added another "z" button on the left side.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The GC controller would be on par if they added another "z" button on the left side.

The MadCatz ones do. It's the "M" button.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 am

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ah yes, I miss those days when controls didn't have analog sticks. Now it's all we use for movement. The D-pad used to be the main Control of the character. I loved it and how simple it was.
I remember how weird the transition felt. I bought Ape Escape and you could only play it with the analog sticks which felt ridiculous to me so I never got around finishing it.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

Playstation Network LightningCamaro

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I remember how weird the transition felt. I bought Ape Escape and you could only play it with the analog sticks which felt ridiculous to me so I never got around finishing it.

I remember trying to play the first Max Payne, which was one of the very first games to use dual analog stick controls as they are now and at the time it was completely unfathomable to me. A little bit later down the line it all clicked into place and now I transition from games with modern dual analog controls, to those which use only one analog input, to old school d-pad layouts with ease.

That said though in RE5, I actually chose to use the exact same layout as in RE4 after going back to RE4 after getting the HD version as I found the RE4 control type suited me better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Gaming Controller!   The Ultimate Gaming Controller! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Gaming Controller!
Page 1 of 1