Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Piers (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Piers (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Piers (Spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Piers (Spoilers) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Piers (Spoilers) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Piers (Spoilers) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Piers (Spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Piers (Spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Piers (Spoilers)

Go down 
+8
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
Spike991
Vandal
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
PAULSAMSON
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 pm

do you think that......

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:34 am

Well its capcom, God of resurrection, so wont be surprised. They suck at bringing old characters back though, if the next game wont contain Barry Burton, capcoms gonna suck ass!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Well its capcom, God of resurrection, so wont be surprised. They suck at bringing old characters back though, if the next game wont contain Barry Burton, capcoms gonna suck ass!
Why Barry out of all the possibilities? I mean, sure, I like Barry too but he is one of those characters who already met the end of their story arc. You know, him retiring and going to live with his family in Canada. Billy has kinda met the same fate, though being a fugitive forever and laying low wherever he is.

I'm not saying they shouldn't bring them back, I'm all for that, but I'd like to see some characters whose fate has been left open since everything that happened in 1998.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Why Barry out of all the possibilities? I mean, sure, I like Barry too but he is one of those characters who already met the end of their story arc. You know, him retiring and going to live with his family in Canada. Billy has kinda met the same fate, though being a fugitive forever and laying low wherever he is.

I'm not saying they shouldn't bring them back, I'm all for that, but I'd like to see some characters whose fate has been left open since everything that happened in 1998.

Simply cs that guy's a legend. I mean if he had his own game, like 4 ex jill in re3, then id probably be ok with barry not being in re 7, but he hadnt been around since re 1 (i dont even count gaiden, cs thats a joke). He is a massive character, playing one of the most important roles in STARS. He is in close relationship with RE main characters Chris/Clair and he worked as a partner of both Jill and Leon so in a new installment he can be paired with any of those characters, but i think after such a long pause he at least deserves an entire game built around him. If RE 7 had jill and clair paired, Chris and Leon Paired and Barry having his own story, the game will be a blast.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 am

Still, he is retired to live with his family. It's not like one comes out of retirement to risk getting killed that easily. If we're talking about the original game, why not get Rebecca out there too.

Barry has actually been shown twice after the events of the original game. In RE3 he saved Jill and Carlos from Raccoon in addition to having his own unlockable epilogue screen and he had his own story in the official comics. The latter, of course, is as canon as one wants it to be.

Btw. Don't diss Gaiden plz. It's an awesome game.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:32 am

I like Piers but I hope they dont bring him back, I mean he was under the ocean on a exploding underwater base with water pouring in. Just as well to bring wesker back then as well.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:24 am

chocotricks wrote:
I like Piers but I hope they dont bring him back, I mean he was under the ocean on a exploding underwater base with water pouring in. Just as well to bring wesker back then as well.
Pretty much this; if they bring him back his sacrifice wouldn't mean as much as it did.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 am

Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:
Pretty much this; if they bring him back his sacrifice wouldn't mean as much as it did.

His sacrifice was the best part of the game in my opinion, even when I began to realize that Piers won't make it I still was hoping him to live, but also Steve had a sad and tragic "death" in CVX and there's a lot of people wanting him back.

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Now, I'm not usually one to go against logic, but I'd love to see Barry back too. And honestly, I'd like it if they brought back his original VA. I 'm talking about the guy who voiced Barry in RE1. That guy makes my day anytime I hear one of his lines. And while they had some generic older sounding dude voicing Barry at the end of RE3, with his like 1 line, and they had some sound-alike in RE5 for his Mercs Reunion appearance, it just isn't the same. The guy in REmake was nice too, but yeah, RE1 Barry all the way.

Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Yeah, you guys got it. It would be illogical to bring Piers back, and of course his sacrifice would be meaningless. Just leave Piers alone, he's gone, no coming back!

Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:35 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

His sacrifice was the best part of the game in my opinion, even when I began to realize that Piers won't make it I still was hoping him to live, but also Steve had a sad and tragic "death" in CVX and there's a lot of people wanting him back.

The difference with Steve though is Wesker took him, so he could be alive
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm

honestly,i can see it hapenning

they have done it before,waybe they could come up with a story
about how he was able to escape in the last minute in some way

perhaps whe will see him again,not shure trough....
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 pm

It's better for him to stay dead. I'm sure everyone was wishing he hadn't, and when Chris' epilogue started playing I'm sure we all thought it was Piers who walked in, but it's good that it wasn't. That's what really made the game for me.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 am

Mercy wrote:
It's better for him to stay dead. I'm sure everyone was wishing he hadn't, and when Chris' epilogue started playing I'm sure we all thought it was Piers who walked in, but it's good that it wasn't. That's what really made the game for me.

Agree if Piers comes back the gmae will lose its dramatical impact. . . Chris story was extremely dramatic and the main reason for that was Piers death, none of the RE games had such a huge emotional background and it will all be senseless if Piers turns out to be alive . . .
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:03 am

Mercy wrote:

Agree if Piers comes back the gmae will lose its dramatical impact. . . Chris story was extremely dramatic and the main reason for that was Piers death, none of the RE games had such a huge emotional background and it will all be senseless if Piers turns out to be alive . . .

Agreed. I fucking loved Piers (no homo) but if he comes back it will cheapen what we all felt at the end of the game. Chris story had something that most RE games lacked (excluding RE5, it had a pretty awesome dramatic sense with the whole Wesker/Jill thing, and REmake: Lisa Trevor anyone?) which was an mature dramatic ending.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:27 am

@00biohazard: exactly, none of RE 6 stories had that kind of order, like Chirs', it was perfect, it really felt like a movie, had the brilliant start and even better ending, and if you take out PNs death it will loose its catch, so no matter how harsh it sounds its good that piers died. Im pretty sure that he's gonna have his own story, that 6 moths of search was underlined for the reason, it will be great if capcom releases game with piers looking for Chris, maybe it will start like Chris training him and goes through some Pre edonia missions. Piers was an awesome character and had a huge impact on gamers, but he sure must remain dead.

As for Lisa Trevor, damn thats a spooky character, she comes out out of nowhere, moans in some dark corner and cant be killed, good thing that shes slow. Capcom also did very good on her background story.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Sadly, I doubt it.

I think the whole reason why they had him there was for the dramatic ending. It's a shame because he was one of the newer characters I really liked, but meh, if I didn't I wouldn't have cared much for the ending at all. Also, I felt like Chris's and Pier's bond and friendship was a lot stronger and more believable than Sheva's and Chris's.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:44 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Agreed. I fucking loved Piers (no homo) but if he comes back it will cheapen what we all felt at the end of the game. Chris story had something that most RE games lacked (excluding RE5, it had a pretty awesome dramatic sense with the whole Wesker/Jill thing, and REmake: Lisa Trevor anyone?) which was an mature dramatic ending.

Well RE0 had dramatic scenes, like with Marcus, obviously the little scene in which they had a nice little piano tune playing when Becca and Billy stumble across the site of several, maybe even dozens, of bones from bodies that were used during Marcus' T-virus research. RE2 had Ada's death, very tragic, especially for Leon. And you had it two different ways, depending on whether you played LeonA or Leon B. Obviously LeonB being the more canon of the two, as Ada falling in a bottomless pit doesn't make sense. But LeonB even had them giving one final kiss, while the facility was about to implode. RE3's dramatic scene might've been Jill being infected with T, when Nemesis attacked her with one of his tentacle things. Then of course you had to go and make the vaccine for her in the Hospital with Carlos. But yes, a dramtic scene indeed for Jill in the chappel. And obviously the star crossed lovers of CVX, Claire and Steve. Claire and Steve had developed something throughout the course of the events of CVX, and then they were separated and Steve was infected with T-Veronica, thanks to Alexia. His body later served the purpose of allowing Wesker to obtain a sample of T-Veronica, to add to his collection, since he didn't achieve this with Alexia's body. RE4 also had the death of Luis Serra. While only there very briefly, and constantly and mysteriously dashing off somewhere, clearly he had his alterior motives, involving Ada and The Organization. RE5 of course had the stuff with Jill and Chris, even if interupted by Sheva. But yeah, the parts where Chris tries to save Jill, and remove the apparatus, as well as the scene in which he finally does save Jill, only to be pushed away to stop Wesker, are definately dramatic parts of RE5.

Now, of course a lot of people seemed to be affected by Piers' death. While he was a cool character and all, and I did appreciate his role in RE6, I guess I didn't feel as connected to Piers as most were.

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Also, I felt like Chris's and Pier's bond and friendship was a lot stronger and more believable than Sheva's and Chris's.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Also, I felt like Chris's and Pier's bond and friendship was a lot stronger and more believable than Sheva's and Chris's.

I concur.

Pretty sad when Sheva&Chris had a whole game together, and Chris&Piers had to share one with 3 other campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Sadly I don't think that he'll come back. Shame Really.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

Playstation Network Yunfang1130

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 pm

I want him back lol! He was a good character. I don't understand where people say it'd "cheapen the moment" if he returned for RE7. What about Ada? or Wesker? Everyone thought they "died", only to be brought back again.

I'm disappointed that they decided to kill him off at the last second. Capcom could've started fresh and created a brand new arc with Piers. I love Chris, but seriously they should've went through with the retirement plan, or have him continue on in the BSAA as some kind of adviser. OR make another Chris/Piers game Very Happy. I thought these two made a great team and it was nice to see Chris paired up with a dude.

To be honest, I wouldn't see why he couldn't come back. You didn't see him die like Wesker in RE5. Yes the facility exploded and all, but look at Simmons. He got bulldozed by a train, tossed in some kind of fire pit, eaten by zombies, and zapped by lightning (He was about to go through another transformation too by the way). Now I'm not for turning him into some kind of monster, but I do want him to return.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:46 am

Lady Yuna wrote:
I want him back lol! He was a good character. I don't understand where people say it'd "cheapen the moment" if he returned for RE7. What about Ada? or Wesker? Everyone thought they "died", only to be brought back again.

How wouldn't it cheapen the moment? I mean, the sacrifice wouldn't truly be a sacrifice.

Quote :
I'm disappointed that they decided to kill him off at the last second. Capcom could've started fresh and created a brand new arc with Piers.

Yeah, but then again, even before his death, his arm was pretty jacked up. I don't really think we're were going to be seeing Piers chillin with Chris in the bar and eating a steak, at least without some weird looks. He was mutated, there's no going back. Like Krauser, and Saddler, and maybe Uroboros Wesker.

Quote :
To be honest, I wouldn't see why he couldn't come back. You didn't see him die like Wesker in RE5. Yes the facility exploded and all, but look at Simmons. He got bulldozed by a train, tossed in some kind of fire pit, eaten by zombies, and zapped by lightning (He was about to go through another transformation too by the way). Now I'm not for turning him into some kind of monster, but I do want him to return.

Yeah, we didn't see him die, exactly, but it was a terrible death, involving an explosion, at the bottom of the sea. I know that if I were down there when that shit went down, I'd be dead.

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Teh Black Cat wrote:

I concur.

Pretty sad when Sheva&Chris had a whole game together, and Chris&Piers had to share one with 3 other campaigns.

I know right? 4 campaigns actually, but who's counting. It seems like I learn to hate Sheva more everyday. I truly wish they had done something better with her character.

Outbreakgirl wrote:
Sadly I don't think that he'll come back. Shame Really.

Hmmm, I'm kinda curious as to why you have a Greg Mueller quote, from Outbreak in your sig.

I like it, but just different, as his role wasn't that big or anything. I liked him though, he reminded me of Alec Baldwin for some reason. Razz I also really liked the whole scene in the room with the projector and the complicated math stuff on the chalk board, in Raccoon University.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Teh Black Cat wrote:

I concur.

Don't forget that they still had gone through all the stuff at Marhawa before the events of RE6.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Teh Black Cat wrote:

I concur.

Don't forget that they still had gone through all the stuff at Marhawa before the events of RE6.

While that may indeed be officially canon, most of us haven't experienced it, since it's a manga. Or graphic novel or whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

Playstation Network Yunfang1130

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Spike991 wrote:
How wouldn't it cheapen the moment? I mean, the sacrifice wouldn't truly be a sacrifice.

True. But, Jill did the same thing. She sacrificed herself by jumping from a window to save Chris and was still brought back. I know she's a "main" character for the series, but under normal circumstances she wouldn't have survived. I like Jill too by the way, but the same goes with Ada and I believe Manuela from DSC, right? scratch I know I'm acting a bit stubborn, however I just think it's ridiculous that from all the "sacrifices" some RE characters have made, they're actually sticking to this one. To be honest, no one should've died from this campaign. Although, it is a personal favorite of mine, I think it was poorly written towards the end. Instead of continuing the loss of loosing his teammates, Capcom should've had Chris save the last person on his team. At least it would show that Chris's story evolved in some way, instead of being gloomy from start to finish.

Spike991 wrote:
Yeah, but then again, even before his death, his arm was pretty jacked up. I don't really think we're were going to be seeing Piers chillin with Chris in the bar and eating a steak, at least without some weird looks. He was mutated, there's no going back. Like Krauser, and Saddler, and maybe Uroboros Wesker.

Sad You just made me sad again lol! JK. But, yeah I know.

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:46 am

I don't care if you want him back or not, I meant to ask if you THINK Capcom will bring him back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Piers (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piers (Spoilers)   Piers (Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Piers (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next