Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Review REviews

Go down 
+7
gucci13
Mass Distraction
MSR
ChrisRedfieldRE156
chrisredfielmusculo
will1234562
Spike991
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil Review REviews Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Okay, well I like reading reviews, especially for games that I'm interested in, and even games that I've already played. So this is a thread where you can request, and maybe even just post, a review. Request one, and anybody that's a user here can take the liberty to make a review and post it here:

First request from moi, a review for Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, please and thank you!
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 am

I would definitely want to read a review for RER from a RE fan,not some random guy on the net(no offence random guy).Which reminds me that it would be good to have a thread where members can review the last game they've played.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:02 am

i would like a review of resident evil 6,i havent played it yet
and i problably wont until the pc version comes out,would apreciate it

i could some reviews of a few games,but i am not very good at it
so i will just leave it to the pros Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Nice, we got some requests coming in! Now we just need a reviewer..

2 for RER and I also wanted an RE6 review, so 2 for RE6 as well.

If nobody claims one, I might take one for myself. I like reviewing games too. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Will it be OK if the Review is done by the game fan, i mean review must have some criticism in it, so will the fans line out the flaws of the game ? I doubt that. . .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Will it be OK if the Review is done by the game fan, i mean review must have some criticism in it, so will the fans line out the flaws of the game ? I doubt that. . .

Just because the person giving the review is an RE fan doesn't mean it's gonna be all rose pedals and rainbows and shit. Actually, I garauntee if I reviewed RE5...well I think everyone knows how that'd go. Smile

The person giving the review may actually really like the game, but surely they'll point out the pros and the cons. You can also decide for yourself if the things the reviewer liked are things that you like. I mean, that's what it's always like reading a review right? At least this way we can be sure that the reviewer actually knows what they are talking about, instead of their standards for the games they're playing being CoD and Gears Of War and stuff like that.

Those people will never give RE a fair review, because they don't want to adjust to how RE plays, therefore will immediately start hatin' on little things like that. This is more relatable. Of course, if we ever get any reviews...

If we don't have one in the next couple days, I'll probably go ahead and review RER.

Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil 6 Reviews up for grabs!
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:10 am

Spike991 wrote:

Just because the person giving the review is an RE fan doesn't mean it's gonna be all rose pedals and rainbows and shit. Actually, I garauntee if I reviewed RE5...well I think everyone knows how that'd go. Smile

The person giving the review may actually really like the game, but surely they'll point out the pros and the cons. You can also decide for yourself if the things the reviewer liked are things that you like. I mean, that's what it's always like reading a review right? At least this way we can be sure that the reviewer actually knows what they are talking about, instead of their standards for the games they're playing being CoD and Gears Of War and stuff like that.

Those people will never give RE a fair review, because they don't want to adjust to how RE plays, therefore will immediately start hatin' on little things like that. This is more relatable. Of course, if we ever get any reviews...

If we don't have one in the next couple days, I'll probably go ahead and review RER.

Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil 6 Reviews up for grabs!

Well in that Case i would love to do RE 5 review(since its my favorite game), I just had to make sure that fan based review wont be taken as just a fan review, but as an actual review Rolling Eyes Id also love to review RE remake, since i've just went through it and would like to talk about its 3d innovation in games, if someone tops me in 3d then, knock yourself out reviewing it Laughing
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 am

Well in that Case i would love to do RE 5 review(since its my favorite game), I just had to make sure that fan based review wont be taken as just a fan review, but as an actual review Rolling Eyes
That's why RE5 got so disliked by most RE fans - they were constantly comparing it to the older RE games and no one wanted to judge the game for itself.So yeah - when you make a review you have to be impartial.
BTW RE5 is one of my favourite too.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 pm

will1234562 wrote:

Well in that Case i would love to do RE 5 review(since its my favorite game), I just had to make sure that fan based review wont be taken as just a fan review, but as an actual review Rolling Eyes
That's why RE5 got so disliked by most RE fans - they were constantly comparing it to the older RE games and no one wanted to judge the game for itself.So yeah - when you make a review you have to be impartial.
BTW RE5 is one of my favourite too.

Exactly. It gets compared to the older RE games by the fans, and gets compared to CoD and Gears by the mainstream audience. Capcom just can't get a break.

I think they should make the people that have been playing their games since the beginning, and who will continue to play their games a priority though, not the CoD fanbase.

Not that I'm complaining about RE6 so much, as RE6 was pretty great.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 6:36 am

Spike991 wrote:
Nice, we got some requests coming in! Now we just need a reviewer..

2 for RER and I also wanted an RE6 review, so 2 for RE6 as well.

If nobody claims one, I might take one for myself. I like reviewing games too. Razz

[quote="Spike991"][quote="will1234562"]

Not that I'm complaining about RE6 so much, as RE6 was pretty great.

you should do the reviews of the games for shure,i am afraid this
thread isnt taking off so well,so i am bumping it,hell i might even do one myself
(problably a resident evil 3 review),this thread is a great ideia

i already saw some gameplay of resident evil 6 and demos,and honestly i didnt like
what i saw,so it would be good to have some imput on the game,and RER haswell,
reviews made by the fans are usually interesting to read even do they can be quite biased

also chrisredfield it would be good a review of re5 done by you i bet,i
heard you said it changed your life(inspired you to start training,correct me if i am wrong)
and its your favorite game,i am downloading re5 and pretend to finish it for the 6 time Smile

Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:12 am

So is that an RE5 request?

I'll go ahead and review RER, since I just played that one recently. I might even review Mercs3D, unless someone else wants that one. Like Mass? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 am

I've actually been thinking about writing one about something... Hmm... Maybe RE6.

If my stuff would just stop breaking on me, I would get right on it. At the moment though, might take a while so anyone willing can do it if they want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
gucci13
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:27 am

i'm a new Resident Evil fan. and RE6 was the first RE i've ever played. when i was in high school i already knew RE in arcade games and PS..but back then i think survival horror genre was actually quite new and i was a mario and pokemon kind of guy.

then fastforward in time and RE5 was released with a new coop feature. but i just let it pass ...again(just what i did in RE2,3 and 4) but everytime i let it pass, i get more and more curious than before thinking why most of my friends have this game and i don't?

then this year i found out RE6..but this time i finally got the game..i played it and it was so cool. so cool that i even searched the net for any forums about it and registered(that's why i'm here now)

i really love the characters especially sherry birkin. and also i really love the scene where chris and leon pointed guns at each other.(i think chris and leon was like the alpha males of the series if i'm not mistaken? so i wanna know who's better between the two) and about the gameplay, its easy to learn especially for first timers like me and the tips on loading screens help alot.

i dont' have any idea how the old RE gameplay was(except that they all involves shooting zombies) but i really like the gameplay of this current game, simple and intense.also even though its not really scary especially if you are playing with a friend, the characters and the plot itself makes you stick with it. though sometimes its weird for example: like leon falling from high places without a single broken rib when he hits the ground. but other than those ridiculous things the game is still awesome and i'm really looking forward for Resident Evil 7.

PS: i apologize for my bad english.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 am

Spike i think you should move this thread to off topic and make it all game review, not only RE, so that gamers could also share their thoughts on other games 2, 4 ex i want to make a review on RE5, but at the same time i would love to review, one of the best games ive played lately "Binary Domain". I think it will have much more replies . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 am

Spike i think you should move this thread to off topic and make it all game review, not only RE, so that gamers could also share their thoughts on other games 2, 4 ex i want to make a review on RE5, but at the same time i would love to review, one of the best games ive played lately "Binary Domain". I think it will have much more replies . . .
Or, you could make a game review thread of its own in there Wink

gucci13 wrote:
i'm a new Resident Evil fan. and RE6 was the first RE i've ever played. when i was in high school i already knew RE in arcade games and PS..but back then i think survival horror genre was actually quite new and i was a mario and pokemon kind of guy.

then fastforward in time and RE5 was released with a new coop feature. but i just let it pass ...again(just what i did in RE2,3 and 4) but everytime i let it pass, i get more and more curious than before thinking why most of my friends have this game and i don't?

then this year i found out RE6..but this time i finally got the game..i played it and it was so cool. so cool that i even searched the net for any forums about it and registered(that's why i'm here now)

i really love the characters especially sherry birkin. and also i really love the scene where chris and leon pointed guns at each other.(i think chris and leon was like the alpha males of the series if i'm not mistaken? so i wanna know who's better between the two) and about the gameplay, its easy to learn especially for first timers like me and the tips on loading screens help alot.

i dont' have any idea how the old RE gameplay was(except that they all involves shooting zombies) but i really like the gameplay of this current game, simple and intense.also even though its not really scary especially if you are playing with a friend, the characters and the plot itself makes you stick with it. though sometimes its weird for example: like leon falling from high places without a single broken rib when he hits the ground. but other than those ridiculous things the game is still awesome and i'm really looking forward for Resident Evil 7.

PS: i apologize for my bad english.
First of all, welcome to our wonderful forum, hope you have a fun time here.

Second, and I don't know if this comes as news for you or not, Sherry is also in a major role in Resident Evil 2 Very Happy Thought that bit of info might interest you. You also get to know more about her father in Zer0 and Umbrella Chronicles.

Lastly, about who is better, Chris or Leon, the discussion on that is something that has spun a lot of threads and they tend to go on forever and ever. So to say, the better one is usually the one you like better yourself Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah, I was going suggest that.

Well, it looks like we've got someone for the RER review. If that's the case, I'll take Mercs3D! How bout you Mass?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Resident Evil Revelations (2012)

Resident Evil Review REviews 512oidr-yTL._SL500_AA300_

When Resident Evil Revelations was released for the Nintendo 3DS early 2012, it gave fans hope that the following titles would follow in it's footsteps. There's no doubt about it, this is the game true Series fans were looking forward to, but wasn't entirely on board, there are a couple of reasons for this. After Resident Evil 5 turned into an action fest and Mercenaries 3D was pure action, we were all a little doubtful that Capcom would pull through with an actual horror game that they promised. It was hard to believe they could ever pull off another truly great Resident Evil since Shinji Mikami left Capcom. Also the fact that you had to go out and purchase a $250 system lowered incentive to give players a chance. I assure you, if you haven't played the game yet, and you're itching to play a fresh Resident Evil title that has incorporated everything the series stands for, I would highly recommend this game.

Resident Evil Review REviews Resident-Evil-Revelations-Xbox-360-PS3

From the writer of Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka Seven, and Samurai Champloo to name the least, you know you're going to get a great story. For the first time, I felt that Resident Evil's story was legit and well thought out. And if the story ever gets confusing at any point—because it will happen—between chapter breaks, they have an episodic recap of the story thus far, something that Resident Evil 6 desperately needed because so much was going on at the same time. There are scenes where you change characters throughout the story, it keeps you on your feet, but it feels like the game doesn't know whether it wants to be an action title or a survival horror. For the sake of the story, everything works. The new characters also play a valuable role both plot wise and they leave a personal touch. Grinder and Jackass are goofy characters that significantly lighten the mood at appropriate times, I feel that Quint is a very intelligent individual but comes off as a silly character because he wants to, and that's how most nerds are anyway. He did invent the scanner that Jill uses throughout the game after all.

Resident Evil Review REviews Resident-evil-revelations-screenshot_800.0_standard_870.0Resident Evil Review REviews Resident-evil-revelations-493247

On the topic of the scanner, I was disappointed by its function. The only thing it does is pop out a green herb, if it were Metroid, the scan would point out the name of the enemy, the weaknesses, it's strengths, what to watch out for, who he was before he turned into a goop monster, and his favorite 90's punk album was. Other mechanics that was featured in Revelations that at first I was excited about was the dodging feature like the one in Resident Evil 3. I found it hilarious every time I dodged the giant crab creature as it charged me it just seemed to phase right through Jill. But the dodging was such an obscure mechanic. I looked in the playing manual just to find out how to dodge, and it states "use the circle pad to dodge." That's like if you asked someone how to work a chainsaw they replied "just make sure you use your hands." The puzzles weren't as cryptic nor intuitive as anyone would have hoped, the most it got was making a pattern on the bottom touch screen. Admittedly, it got really tough nearing the end of the game in Nightmare Mode, but the fact they reused the same puzzle over and over was a let down. On the upside, the moving and shooting mechanics of the game worked out fine, and I never had a problem with the overall control of the game. Charging Melee attacks I found to be very helpful in both the campaign and Raid Mode.

Resident Evil Review REviews Re-revelations-1105-002

Raid Mode was a unique gametype which didn't have a time limit and allowed you to constantly upgrade weapons as you advance in levels and earn BP (Battle Points) which you gained from both the campaign and Raid. The main goal was to get from point A to point B, your score depended on how many enemies you killed, how much damage you took, and your accuracy. You would get a bonus for each flawless victory in each category and a trinity bonus if you were perfect in all categories. The levels get progressively harder which makes playing with a partner more and more necessary. I felt this addictive gametype should have been included in all the titles following Revelations, imagine going though a level with four people in Operation Raccoon City.

Resident Evil Review REviews Resident_evil_revelations_129_by_heatheryingnl-d4izrke

Concerning the technical aspect of the game, both the music and the graphics were stunning, each eye popping scene made me wonder how on earth technology came this far, and not only ten years ago, I was playing Pokemon on the gameboy advanced. I will say that Jill's voice actress is horrendous. At times she sounds like my iPhone's Siri with about as much emotion from a wet pinecone. Everyone else's voice talents were spot on, especially Roger Craig Smith.

Resident Evil Review REviews Resident-Evil-Revelations

Resident Evil Revelations does incorporate horror very well, dark claustrophobic corridors, dripping wet ceilings, featureless enemies that look like a mixture of deep dark sea monsters that make you squirt ink in your pants at the sight of them as they stagger their way to you to suck the human juice from your neck… the game is truly a masterpiece that Capcom should have keep going in their series, but as the action fest continued in Operation Raccoon City and Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations bites the dust and seems to have been forgotten by both the fans and the developers.

Last edited by Mercy on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

For the Nintendo 3DS.

Mercs3D is the first RE game released for the 3DS, while Resident Evil DS(REDS) came out for the regular DS years ago. Mercs3D came out only a few months before Revelations, and while it isn't a story based RE game, it does incorporate the action and fun of the popular Mercenaries mini-game from past RE games. Including RE3, RE4 and RE5(with the additional Mercenaries Reunion DLC).

First off, the playable characters in this game are: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Albert Wesker, Claire Redfield, Jack Krauser, and HUNK. Each character has their own move and weaponsets to set them apart from one another. Most of the voices heard in the game sound mostly like their characters. Although most sound downright generic, but like I said, it's not a story game, and you hardly hear them talk anyway, so it's acceptable.

The graphics are terrific, like a console in a handheld. Though obviously it couldn't handle all of the levels, like Public Assembly will have certain areas blocked off and not accessible. You won't miss the cut off areas too much though, as it works real nicely.

It's all levels that we know from previous games, including levels from RE4 and RE5. It could've been nice to have more, but that's okay. Each level also seems to mix up the enemies, which are all Ganados and Majini form RE4/RE5. So the Castle level from RE4 has Base Majini, but will also have Garradors(guys with claws) and the Executioner(guy with axe; "hammer man"), while Public Assembly from RE5's Mercs has the Los Illuminados from RE4. One should also note that none of the regular Ganados from RE4 are in Mercs3D, only the Illuminados for some reason.

Gameplay-wise, it plays like RE5, but with the removal of the quick-knife, and instead Holding L allows you to strafe around, when moving and when aiming. It incorporates very nicely. The controls have a few scheme to choose from, and most, including the default, all play like RE! The game also runs really smooth, only occasionally will you see odd things, like glitchy stuff. You'll see more of that online, which is included.

Online play: You simply connect to the Online for Duo, or you can even play with someone in your vicinity. Once you are connected, and are in the waiting room, you can have a Session with a friend, or random people, choosing either to Host or Join, typical stuff. Now for some reason, you cannot choose your character from the waiting room, so whoever you already have selected(which is saved) is who you will be using, and if you want to change your character, you have to exit the Online mode and choose them from the regular character select screen. Inconvienant to say the least, but since I typically use the same character it doesn't affect me too much.

The gameplay online is overall pretty good, although pretty laggy sometimes. I've lost a combo or two due to it not doing the move in time so that I could kill that last Ganado. It can be glitchy too, it's not unheard of to see a Majini be standing in one place, then teleport to another, or just dissapear all together. Sometimes there is a slight unresponsiveness, like when you go to melee the Time Bonus, I walk up to it, get that button prompt, press it, and nothing happens, it's not frozen as I can still move and everything, but it's like it didn't take, and so I have to press it a couple times to get it to work. Same with Melee's, you may miss one of those due to this, or ususally just stand there like a dummy pressing Y and it will pull it off at the last possible second that you can. I've even had it do a High Kick(as Jill) after the enemy was able to move again. I bet he was pissed.

There are rewards that you get as well, much like an Achievment or Trophy. Pretty nice, although you don't necessarily get anything for them, other than bragging rights. Some are pretty cool, and they all seem to have some sort of RE related title. "Master Of Unlocking" for unlocking all the characters and costumes.

As far as extras go, each character has an Alternate Costume. Chris has a pilot suit, Jill has her stripperific casual clothes from RE3, Krauser has an Exo-Skeleton which looks like Heavy Metal Chris' from RE5 Mercs Renuion, except it's bage. HUNK has the Reaper outfit, which gives him a cloak over his gas mask, as well as a large scythe on his back, which cannot be used. Claire has a bussiness woman attire, looks pretty hot, she's wearing glasses and a pants suit, kinda looks like a librarian. Barry's Alt is the most ridiculous, the American one, which is basically Chris' shirtless outfit from Mercs Reunion, except on Barry's sexy outta shape body, and the outfit is all red, white and blue. America! Fuck Yeah! Rebecca has a nurse outfit, nuff said. Wesker has a very different Uroboros get-up. Basically just some Uroboros is on his upper body and arms. He doesn't have his shades on and he looks like he did at the end of RE5(SPOILERS).

There are also Perks in the game, they are called Skills. You allowed to have up to 3 at any given time, and most are able to be used and can be pretty useful. They can also make up for certain characters short comings, instead of only 1 or 2 characters from the list being useful and overused. Online you'll see a good variety of characters being used, and everyone has the perks they like. You can unlock more of these skills by playing the game too.

The music is very nice, it incorportates various tracks from all through RE4's, and RE5's Mercs. Very well rounded, but again, you can never have too much can you?

On the whole, Mercs3D is really fun, definately the game I've been playing for days now, ever since going onlline with Mass. Razz It'd be nice if there were more Extras, Content, and things like more characters, or alt attires, and levels. Since all the game is, is Mercenaries, typically a minigame, they should've went all out on those things. I know I'd like to see a playable Bird Lady Jill in an RE game.

Now, because of the fun that can be had, considering the gameplay and sound, I'll give this game a fair 9/10, for the lack of extras and feeling like Capcom was holding back in some ways, it doesn't get a perfect 10.

Update: I've read your RER review Mercy, very nice. Razz I'm glad you did it, cuz the Mercs one might've been easier haha. Oh, and of course you have to make mine look bootleg by using nice pics. Getting started is the hardest part, but once you begin, the words just start pouring out!

I'm feeling like Nightmare right now, "NEED more reviews!!!", "And Souls!"
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah, I was going suggest that.

Well, it looks like we've got someone for the RER review. If that's the case, I'll take Mercs3D! How bout you Mass?
I'll get to that RE6 one... soon. Unless someone beats me to it. Whatevs.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Jill has her stripperific casual clothes from RE3
I haven't heard that word before Laughing .
Anyway,both reviews are great.Reading them makes me eager to play bounce .
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 pm

will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
Jill has her stripperific casual clothes from RE3
I haven't heard that word before Laughing .
Anyway,both reviews are great.Reading them makes me eager to play bounce .

Yeah, thank Rick Grimes for that one. Wink That's totally my new word!

I've decided that I might like to do a review for one of the CG films now. I haven't watched Degeneration in well over a year, so I'm due for a view, and after I may go ahead and post a review. Damnation is up for grabs. I also would like to read a review for the Chronicles games. Smile

Mercy wrote:
From the writer of Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka Seven, and Samurai Champloo to name the least, you know you're going to get a great story.

I actually didn't know that. I love Cowboy Bebop, and I've seen some Ghost and Eureka7, and that all actually makes me appreciate RER's story a bit more.

BTW, I didn't hate the two dork character, Quint and Keith, though I think generally they get alot of hate. But hey, you gotta have some comic relief. Razz

Oh, and I've always said how Clive R. O'Brien sounded just like Colonel Roy Campbell from MGS, and hadn't found anything to confirm or disprove this, and it's definately not credited in-game. I thought I had read that it was somebody else, somewhere. Then, just recently, I read on IMDB and Wikipedia that it is in fact, Paul Eiding who lends his voice to the O'Brien character...not sure what to believe, but it sounds just like him. So O'Brien=Roy Campbell. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:44 pm

I wrote a damnation review I think. It may be inside the movie review thread. I'm going to check it now.

But yeah, it seems like all of the best animes… or at least the ones I ever liked were writen by him. Well I haven't seen Eureka Seven, but I know Ravior has. I really should watch it some time. Everyone is telling me it's a great show.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Ok here is my review of Resident Evil 5, hope you like it . . .

radical changes, thats what resident evil 5 stands for. Starting from the main character , up to very much the style of the game, everything changed beyond recognition.
After the release of re 4 it was clear that Resident Evil has turned from its original path, capcom has decided to take an absolute new direction and create something that attract the new generation of gamers. Instead of releasing the time tested old school horror survival, capcom added a bit of action to the franchise and in the end they were absolutely correct with their choice. Resident Evil 4 not only paid back, but became a huge success of the year, receiving tons of awards, critical acclaim and whats the most important extremely positive and warm reaction from the fans. But if changes in Resident Evil 4 were reasonable, and if you ask me even minor, then what devs did in the fifth installment of the game literally appears to be Radical.
The game starts off with the intro narration of well known Chris Redfield, where he retells the events that took place after Resident Evil 4. He introduces the new organization, which was co-founded by him, BSAA (Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance), main task of which is to prevent any further outbreaks, similar to raccoon city.
The first radical change that might catch the gamers eye, is of course Chris himself. He is nothing like a boy next door anymore, skinny and weak. As it seems Chris has spent a lot of time in the gym, since he looks three times the size of what he was in Code Veronica, literaly a tank on a good protein diet, even the BSAA hummer that he drives in the beginning of the game appears to be too tight for him. I consider that change to be one of the best things Resident Evil Devs had ever done, finally at least one protagonist in the game looks the way true zombie killing machine should look like, a hero that gamers could look up to.

Resident Evil Review REviews Chris-redfield-wtf
Definitely Radical

The game takes place in Africa. Chris is sent there to prevent the underground deal on purchasing the Plaga virus, one that was made famous in Resident Evil four, in the Kijuju region from black market. There he meets his new partner and the main guide through the region, Sheva Alomar.
With Sheva capcom introduced the main innovation of the game, Co-op. Unlike the previous games, where paths of the main characters barely crossed each other, in Resident Evil 5 partners go through the entire game side by side. Gamers could now play the main story in a single player mode, where Sheva would have been controlled by AI, or journey through the game along with their friends, where one player would play as for ex. Chris and the other one would take up Sheva. Idea seems brilliant and it definitely works pretty well, i mean when i wanted to play video games with my buddies we usually used to play like football or car racing and never RE, simply cs it was literally impossible. When Resident Evil 4 saw the light, quite quickly it became a real blast where i come from, I remember that i went through it along with my friend(another Resident Evil fan) and the worst part of it was that we were taking turns on playing it and every time I got Leon killed, I had to step down and hand over keyboard to my buddy and i really hated that. But after Resident Evil 5 all that turned to history, now gamers could enjoy playing the game with other people either online or with the splitscreen. But with everything good there's always something bad. Though i've never experienced this problem, since Ive never played RE 5 with anybody else, fans have complained a lot about the way the game splits the screen, some spots on the screen are simply black. well it looks like this:

Resident Evil Review REviews 116303-1568252-468x
Annoying right?

Well the only way i could explain the reason of such unusual split screen is because of Resident Evils very own "over the shoulder view", coined in the previous installment of the game. But human has a tendency of getting used to pretty much everything and after few minutes spent with such a kick ass game this bug appears to be minor(at least i think so). But the main pain in the ass starts when playing game campaign solo and i've faced that problem myself. As i've mentioned before if gamer chooses single player mode Sheva is controlled by Artificial Intelligence and the main problem with it is that its not that Intelligent. Sheva usually gets right in between you and a bad guy right in the moment when you're just about to shoot, so you have to ask her nicely (by shooting her once or twice) to step aside. She has a maniacal tendency of using Herbs and Health Sprays on every scratch, even very minor, so one has to make sure that all the Health packs are in his/her inventory. The same problem with the ammunition. She shoots like there's no tomorrow and when she runs out of bullets, she starts nagging - "I need an ammo". She also is a great collector and sweeps off everything she finds (true woman), ammunition health packs, everything, so sometimes it turns into a death race were you have to beats Sheva and grab the Box of Bullets first. But if you think that thats the top of the heap, well you are wrong. The worst thing starts off when she starts wandering around (usually collecting stuff), especially in the moment where you are by the door and ready to move to the next level, Chris sometimes has to even call her, but she might as well respond - "Cant Right Now", so u gonna have to stand there and wait for her. But with all these flaws, Sheva comes really handy sometimes. She backs you up and shoots off the enemies surrounding you and when Chris is really hurt she rushes to heal him up. Yes capcom didnt work Shevas AI that well, but still gamer can ask her to give any item that she has in her inventory, so just a bit of planning ahead and you are fine.
The games story is brilliant. For a person that played resident evil before (at least 4th one) its easy to understand whats going on, but for one whose first RE game is the 5th one, it might be just a bit confusing. Well first of all everybody (doesnt matter fan, or a gamer that never played RE) Knows Resident Evil as the zombie game, so it will definitely confuse the game which will find out that there are no zombies in the game at all. RE5 sticks to the same virus, that was used in RE4, Las Plagas, a parasite that controls the mind of its Carrier and makes it much physically stronger. But Chrises intro narration, plus couple of Revelations with Sheva and game files, make everything clear. Overal plot of the story is awesome, it has some really good twists and surprises.
When two people start discussing RE5, the very first thing they will mention is - "That Game Has Some Awesome Graphics". Resident Evil 5 is most definitely capcoms masterpiece. If someone wants to understand the true meaning of the word Brilliant, they should play this game.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The light set up, shading, textures, low poli modeling, character design, environment, physics are literally brilliant. Resident Evil 5 is extremely competitive to other games that are known with their decent graphics and if you ask me, it tops many among them. Though it has some minor flaws, but they are almost undetectable. Capcom payed a lot of attention to the graphics, since RE4 was not that well tuned, so there were some complains about how undercooked the game looked. Especially impressive were the motion blurs, like when character spins around or when something explodes.

Resident Evil Review REviews Residentevil5explosion
Booom!!!

But with so much positive, of course there is a dark side of the moon. When creating such a brilliant graphical work, devs possibly have forgotten that the game was supposed to look spooky. Most of the maps are filled with light, there are no dark, creepy spots, xept of one level where Chris and Sheva go through the underground mines, where its all dark and you have to use a flash light to get through it. So in general that much of sunny environments makes the game to look not as scary, as it supposed to be.
(Ill discuss PC controls only) The gameplay is fascinating. First of all has to be mentioned Resident Evils already legendary "over the shoulder view", camera is settled right above the shoulder of the character, unlike other 3d person games, where character stood right in the middle of the scene. The controls are extremely easy using standard WASD+mouse with additional keys for additional actions, unlike RE4 where you had to stick to keyboard and even aim with it. In the fifth part of the game capcom once again decided to be loyal to Horror Survival motion limits, so running is a bit heavy, though more mobile then in previous games and you cant shoot or do anything else on the run. The game also remained The inventory menu, but its Radically different then ones in previous games. First of you can change weapons or pull out health sprays in real time and secondly the amount of inventory boxes are doubled up, so there's main players (4 ex.Chris) and you can swap the items you have in them. Chris also carries knife for melee attacks, which doesnt take space in an inventory, but unlike in previous games where knife seemed useless, here it comes quite handy, cs Chris hits really hard! There are instead of save rooms, game has Check points and auto saves, so u dont have to bug yourself looking for an ink ribbon. Also the inventory chest was removed (well in nutshell there are no save rooms). You can change weapons or purchase and upgrade them in between levels or when you start/load the game. As for the actual action, it remained almost the same as it was in RE 4, but instead of one kick you can preform different combinations depending on which part of the body you've shot your enemy, 4 ex if you should em in the leg you grant em an uppercut, if in chest or shoulder Chris will provide em with his massive Cross and the best thing with it is that he can send smaller "zombies" flying or even make a strike, knocking down 3 or 4 at once

Spoiler:

Resident Evil Review REviews Haymakerpic2

Music and the sound really stands out. Gunfire, explosion, foot steps, etc. are perfect and if you have 5.1 sound system you definitely gonna enjoy all of it. Now if the environment is not that scary, well then music most definitely fills up that gap. Main theme is wonderful, but the best music that the game has is of course its horror theme. It starts when bad guys appear and is really nerve scratching. As for the voice over, well have to say that Main actors have done some hell of a work, they are actually Acting behind the microphone, especially Roger Craig Smith and DC Douglas have done a brilliant job.
The first thing that came into my mind when i went through the game for the first time, was to start everything allover again, i had the same though after beating game 2ce, 3 times, 4 times etc. 3 years passed since its release and i still have it on my pc and play it almost everyday. The game is incredibly catchy and will for sure have you back to play it over and over again, plus when you beat the game it will open up the mercenaries mode, where you can slice and dice zombies in a certain amount of time.
It can be said for sure that Resident Evil 5 is one of the best games this world had ever witnessed, but there's one main question that needs an answer. Is RE5 a Horror Survival? Well most definitely not. Yes it has the aura of that genre, like in lack of ammunition or in motion limits, but in overall its more of an action game. I remember someone calling it hybrid survival, i think that term describes RE5 the best.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 am

that was a nice review ChrisRedfieldRE156
even too,the game is more of an action game,it still is
one of my favourite ones to play,after reading it
i want to go play resident evil 5 ,wich i problably will later on the day

some of the things i really liked compared to the previous title(re4)
was the improved graphics,the mele combat,the story in general was pretty nice to follow and having a partner was also pretty innovative and fun

i would only wish the game was a bit longer

also btw,you could get a joystick for the pc,they work really nice
i bought one for like 7 euros(pretty cheap) in a local store,and they work just fine
i never use the keyboard anymore to play re5

heres a picture(i used it a few times has well to play resident evil4 and gta san andreas):
Spoiler:

you should consider getting one,i bet you wouldnt regret it
cheers
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
some of the things i really liked compared to the previous title(re4)
was the improved graphics,the mele combat,the story in general was pretty nice to follow and having a partner was also pretty innovative and fun

Oh yes, I enjoyed how they improved upon the melee's. In RE4, you had two, when they were groggy, and when they were on their knees. RE5 adds to that, giving you a melee for several different positions, depending on whether you are in front or behind them, or if they are a larger sub-boss type enemy. RE6 seems to have done something similar to this, in that they changed the melee system, although in a slightly different way.

You two are just inseparable. I think it's because of your username, and the fact that ChrisredfieldRE156 is musculo? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Review REviews   Resident Evil Review REviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Review REviews
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next