Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

My Helena Rant

Go down 
+5
Teh Black Cat
Vandal
Known_Hero
Spike991
The mastAH!
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

My Helena Rant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:21 am

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Yeah, I felt it too in that scene. Especially when he said something like "You're starting to grow on me". Also, the other scene in the sewer? (I believe) where she fell on him, and there was this moment they just stared at each other. Think I'm remembering it right. However after they got to China, I didn't feel that "spark" anymore.
Yes, it was in the sewers they shared a moment of "Hey, you look kinda cute right now. Despite the zombies and explosions." Honestly, I find it a little unrealistic the way they suddenly just didn't care to find out if they had more he mostly with each other.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Jill didn't. And you can't ignore the way Chris had developed either. We've seen him change throughout the games. Even from RE1 to CVX, and CVX to RE5. You get to read about him in the Files too. Chris isn't as cookie cutter as you're making him out to be. Neither is Jill. Especially not at current time, with a good handful of games under each of their belts, there's plenty of change to see.

So many games but so little ingame development.

What about reading the Files? You seemed in favour of that. Of course, the Files are a big part of what makes RE such a unique experience unlike any other. The cinimatic gameplay, cutscenes, the Files that you read for backstory, the survival and the horror. It's such a great experience RE.

Quote :
Wait a minute, Jill wasn't a ordinary civilian. She was a member of an elite law enforcement unit. I'm sure she trained in basic hand to hand combat in the academy. So, the flips and kicks in RE5 wasn't a big leap in character personality.

That's right, Jill was no ordinary "Civy", but being in STARS doesn't mean you learn akimbo and Krav Maga and stuff like that, it just means that you are part of an elite part of the law enforcement. Trained with weaponry and basic fighting stuff, maybe. But her skills weren't as extensive as they were by RE5. Jill was a beast in RE5, with her looks and her skills. The P30 thing attached to her chest just made her even more bad A, and cat-like with her hissing and stuff.
Quote :

Mercs3DS is not canon. That's like giving Kirby credit for his kickboxing skills in Super Smash Brothers Laughing

No comment. Mercs3D isn't canon, but it still shows Claire's fighting skills. It doesn't add or subtract anything from the story, so calm down. And I love Smash Bros. I would whoop anyone's ass with White Marth! As for Kirby, that little gumball can go suck an egg.

Quote :
Chris: Again, typical hero stuff. Every hero has a best friend, team, girlfriend, and/or parents that were murdered by a rival figure.

Jill: Actually, I hated her re3 outfit. It didn't fit her personality. Another example of capcom's generic character handling.

Not every hero has the anger and motivation that Chris had, and has. You are generalizing like a mutha'. Obviously he is a character that held his ties to STARS and was ver passionate about that group, especially since he saw some, and knew that most of them died. Enrico, Forest, Richard, etc. He took all of that very personally, and held Albert respbonsible for all of it. When's the last time you played CVX? That was a perfect example of seeing Chris in his prime, taking on a man that he hated, whom also despised him, "I depsiseee Chris"-Wesker, CVX, and we really got to see this fued grow with a few cutscenes, and it really set up something special for RE5, which I feel didn't really deliver, but it still concluded that fued anyway.

Quote :
How many times do I have to say this: Every hero has a rival!!!! The feud between Chris and Wesker isn't unique.

Try one more time. My stubborn ass might get it then.

They might be a hero, but it's only because of the situation. There has to be a villian. Their fued is unique as it's the only one in RE, and that's what we're talking about. We aren't on a Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's Laboratory Forum, this isn't about Mojo Jojo or Mandark, this is Chris, and Wesker. It was unique in that it was Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker. Nuff said. When Sheva called Chris "superman" or a "super hero", he shied away from it. He didn't accept that title and label, that's not who Chris is. He is indeed a unique character. Helena doesn't even compare to characters like Chris, Jill, Leon or Claire. Of course she only has one game under her belt. I don't dislike Helena Harper at all, I'm just saying that she isn't anymore important than previous characters that have earned their spots in the series. Chris, Jill, Leon and Cliare are synonymous with RE, and they are characters that willl always be significant, even if they die. Helena, coming in as a sidekick character, can show up again, but she isn't nearly as important as the main protagonists. She really hasn't had that much character development compared to a C. Redfield or J. Valentine.

Quote :
I can't believe you're using Jill's skimpy outfit as a positive.

Believe it. Jill was sexy, and Capcom played on this by having her wear a blue tube top with a short black mini skirt, with her sweeter tied aroumd her waist. And whether you like it or not, that is something that separates Miss Valentine from other female characters in the series. Her sex appeal I guess? And as aforementioned, her martial arts knowledge. In fact, a lot of the RE characters have improved their fighting skills since their initial debut, further testimony to how these charaters have evolved.

Quote :
In reference to Claire: Come on, Steve was a pansy. She had to take charge.

Ok, Steve was a 17 year old boy, and Claire did indeed have to wear the pants, but that was love. And it doesn't distract from the other roles of her maturity, such as little Birkin, and Rawni. She always seems to have to babysit someone, and it's my bet that she'll have to do the same thing in RE6's DLC for Claire. I'd put money on it.

Quote :
@Mass Distraction

Behind the scenes doesn't count.

Chris' drinking binge is a generic way to add depth to his character. Let's say he never lost his team, how else would he have change?

Generic? When did we see Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Cyclops, Mister Fantastic, Daredevil, etc, wasting themselves away in a bar? Chris' patholothy is plenty unique and interesting. Don't hate. Behind the scenes does indeed count, as the Files found in an RE game are considered canon.

I'm not about "What if's" so Chris lost his team, no If's, and's or but's about it. And obviously that caused him to go drink. How generic is that again??

Quote :
Take Rick from the Walking Dead as an example. He went from a morality motivated character to a borderline ruthless authoritative leader. His personality is forever changed. He's never going back to his old ways. Chris lost his team, had a couple drinks, yelled a few times, watched Piers sacrifice himself, became inspired, and is now back to the Chris of old. He's the same guy!!! Nothing has changed in his personality. He's now sober and ready to kick some ass. Just like RE1 Chris.

Oh, a random zombie show that's appeared during this period of Zombie Popularness? I've seen the show, and I know Rick, but that isn't anywhere near the same as Chris Redfield.

Chris isn't the same guy he was in RE1. He's changed, and not because of a few sips of Absolut, but his experience. His character has changed, Fact. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, he's a leader, and more mature, has great combat knowledge that he utilizes in his battles against BOWs in the BSAA. He has his unique motivation and is a great character. He's not a character to hate on.

Helena is new, played her part, and we could go on with the series without her. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, they are so significant to the overall storyline, and the big picture, that we couldn't not hear about them, one way or another.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm sure they have went through PTSD or something behind the scenes. Chris clearly suffered from this in Viral Campaign and he did go on a 6 month drinking spree after his team got killed in Edonia. I do wonder why Chris is the only person actually shown to have these problems.

I'm sure Jill, Leon and Claire have delt with their demons in their own ways, and obviously showing Chris' struggles was part of his and RE6's story. However, having not watched the viral cmpaign stuff, I'm sure that they add plenty to those characters shown, Chris, Claire, etc.

Mercy wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
Yeah, I felt it too in that scene. Especially when he said something like "You're starting to grow on me". Also, the other scene in the sewer? (I believe) where she fell on him, and there was this moment they just stared at each other. Think I'm remembering it right. However after they got to China, I didn't feel that "spark" anymore.
Yes, it was in the sewers they shared a moment of "Hey, you look kinda cute right now. Despite the zombies and explosions." Honestly, I find it a little unrealistic the way they suddenly just didn't care to find out if they had more he mostly with each other.
But is that really saying much, with Leon being a bit of a lady's man. I mean, Claire, Ashley, Angela, Helenea, I'm suprised he didn't hit on Javier's daughter, though that might've been statutory, so good job Leon. Razz
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:16 am

Known_Hero wrote:

Spike991 wrote:

Hell, you can even see the way Claire's fighting skills have evolved, especially if you play The Mercenaries 3D(hereby referred to as Mercs3D). You can see the punches and kicks she can dish out to those ganados/majini, training that she clearly recieved from her brother, Chris.

Mercs3DS is not canon. That's like giving Kirby credit for his kickboxing skills in Super Smash Brothers Laughing
I agree on that one - mercs is more or less a fighting game, of course that all the characters are going to have effective moves.I want to see a new game,before I can comment her skills(characters skills get updated with every game)

Known_Hero wrote:

Spike991 wrote:

And another thing that separates Jill, how about her skimpy outfit from RE3? Jill has always been Capcoms hot girl in the games, more so than Ada or Claire or anybody.

Jill: Actually, I hated her re3 outfit. It didn't fit her personality. Another example of capcom's generic character handling.
Capcom themself stated that her outfit was made for the male audience.I also dislike that outfit - it doesn't fit her personality at all.For example Ada also wears revealing clothing,but she's a "femme fatale" so it suits her.

In RE there are definitely some character cliches:
Chris - "the hero",recently the "soldier" type of character;
Jill - a "police officer" type of character(which explains the personality similarities with characters like Aya Brea and Carla Valenti,who are also cops);
Leon - the "secret agent"(insert a James Bond joke in here);
Claire - "normal girl","survivor";
Ada - the "spy","femme fatale"...We can go on forever.
Despite that,the characters still have something special about them.
There is a character development ,no doubt about that,but it could have been more.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:37 am

Known_Hero wrote:
@Mass Distraction

Behind the scenes doesn't count.

Chris' drinking binge is a generic way to add depth to his character. Let's say he never lost his team, how else would he have change?

Take Rick from the Walking Dead as an example. He went from a morally driven character to a borderline ruthless authoritative leader. His personality is forever changed. He's never going back to his old ways. Chris lost his team, had a couple drinks, yelled a few times, watched Piers sacrifice himself, became inspired, and is now back to the Chris of old. He's the same guy!!! Nothing has changed in his personality. He's now sober and ready to kick some ass. Just like RE1 Chris.

I know what you were going for, no need to explain. I just wanted to point out that at least one character has clearly been shown to have PTSD.

On another note, you didn't answer my question about RE4 Beta.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:49 am

will1234562 wrote:
I agree on that one - mercs is more or less a fighting game, of course that all the characters are going to have effective moves.I want to see a new game,before I can comment her skills(characters skills get updated with every game)

As I said, Mercs3D doesn't affect the story in the least. It is indeed just an action/fighting game. But they still show Claire fighting, especially when you see her melee attacks. Just because Mercs3D isn't a story game doesn't omit her fighting skills, especially the skill seen in Mercs. It's not a direct source for info about the character, but obviously that is how Claire fights, and it's because of her experience, and her training with her bro, Chris.

will1234562 wrote:
Capcom themself stated that her outfit was made for the male audience.I also dislike that outfit - it doesn't fit her personality at all.For example Ada also wears revealing clothing,but she's a "femme fatale" so it suits her.

I dunno, I liked the outfit. Razz Fit her personality? She only had one game prior to her RE3 appearance, what did we know about her that made her skimpy outfit so innapropriate for her personality? Jill can't be a girl and want to be sexy? She isn't a nun or anything, she was a 23 year old woman, and she could dress however she liked. The fact that she was dressed as she was in RE3 goes to show that it does fit her personality. It's her.

will1234562 wrote:
In RE there are definitely some character cliches:
Chris - "the hero",recently the "soldier" type of character;
Jill - a "police officer" type of character(which explains the personality similarities with characters like Aya Brea and Carla Valenti,who are also cops);
Leon - the "secret agent"(insert a James Bond joke in here);
Claire - "normal girl","survivor";
Ada - the "spy","femme fatale"...We can go on forever.
Despite that,the characters still have something special about them.
There is a character development ,no doubt about that,but it could have been more.

Chris is a hero type character, the good guy, baby face, etc. Of course, the masculine soldier character has come out, within these situations he's faced.
Jill is a lady officer. She's cool, has experience, and while she got herself into some sticky situations early on, like needing Barry's help in RE1, she learned, and has evolved as a character, especially advancing her fighting skills. Dressing kind of slutty in RE3, not a big deal. That's her casual clothing, who cares? Usually she is dressed in appropriate attire for her job, like STARS or BSAA, trousers and a shirt, maybe some other gear like holsters or shoulder pads or a berret or a cap.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 pm

will1234562 wrote:

I'd like to know where you keep coming up with all these things that "Capcom themselves stated." You tend to say this a lot with nothing to back your statement other than "Capcom said it, therefore it's true." A link to that would be nice.

Oh and as for Claire's ability to take care of herself because of the training she did with Chris?

I don't know how many times I posts this video on the forums, but it makes me feel better every time I do.

Last edited by Mercy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

I'd like to know where you keep coming up with all these things that "Capcom themselves stated." You tend to say this a lot with nothing to back your statement other than "Capcom said it, therefore it's true." A link to that would be nice.
"The development team for Resident Evil 3: Nemesis commented that Jill was deliberately designed to make her "beautiful for everybody" and appeal to both male and female gamers, as males would find her physically attractive and females would see her as a tough role model"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Valentine
There, happy now?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

"The development team for Resident Evil 3: Nemesis commented that Jill was deliberately designed to make her "beautiful for everybody" and appeal to both male and female gamers, as males would find her physically attractive and females would see her as a tough role model"
There, happy now?
You stated "her outfit was made for the male audience." Capcom stated "and appeal to both male and female gamers." I am more than happy. You just proved yourself wrong.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

There, happy now?
You stated "her outfit was made for the male audience." Capcom stated "and appeal to both male and female gamers." I am more than happy. You just proved yourself wrong.
"as males would find her physically attractive"
Which part of that you didn't get?As a part of the "female audience" revealing clothes on women don't interest me,so it's obviously not made for me or the "female audience".
By "appeal to both male and female gamers" I'm pretty sure they mean they made her personality to "appeal" to females and her "looks" to appeal to males.Otherwise I don't see how a "tough female role model" would prefer to wear a mini skirt,instead of a police uniform in a zombie outbreak.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 pm

will1234562 wrote:
it's obviously not made for...the "female audience".
Depends on their sexuality, really. It works both ways though.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Good point...heterosexual female audience.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:43 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
That's more like it Razz

Also, why would she have worn a police uniform during the outbreak if it happened when she was off duty? If I was a cop I for sure wouldn't go out of my way to get an uniform. I get the reason but there's also sense to it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

There, happy now?
"as males would find her physically attractive"
Which part of that you didn't get?As a part of the "female audience" revealing clothes on women don't interest me,so it's obviously not made for me or the "female audience".
By "appeal to both male and female gamers" I'm pretty sure they mean they made her personality to "appeal" to females and her "looks" to appeal to males.Otherwise I don't see how a "tough female role model" would prefer to wear a mini skirt,instead of a police uniform in a zombie outbreak.
I got everything. You made a claim: "Capcom themselves made Jill's Resident Evil 3 costume geared to the male audience." The quote from Capcom's official statement shatters your first claim: "Capcom designed Jill to appeal to both the male and female audience." You omitted the female part on purpose to prove your point, that "Jill's outfit is too revealing: therefore it's fanservice for the male market." You trying to say that was Capcom's original intent is so incredibly wrong it makes me give myself headache inducin facepalms by how amazing asinine that comment is. Women do look up to strong female roles in both character and design, why do you think Wonder Woman is popular amongst both genders? She's sexy, revealing, and strong; she's appreciated amongst both genders for those qualities. The same goes for Jill.

Tell me if you understand what Capcom is saying by "…designed to make her… appeal to both male and female gamers." To say that she wasn't designed for your appeal is fine, but to say she wasn't designed for the wide range of appeal to both males and females is wrong.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
That's more like it Razz

Also, why would she have worn a police uniform during the outbreak if it happened when she was off duty? If I was a cop I for sure wouldn't go out of my way to get an uniform. I get the reason but there's also sense to it.
Her STARS uniform seemed very practical in RE1.Since Jill already knew about zombies and BOWs you'd expect that she would prepare well for leaving the city.
Honestly, it really doesn't matter if she wore her uniform or not,but some practical casual clothing would have been better.Like wearing some pants for example.

Mercy wrote:
To say that she wasn't designed for your appeal is fine, but to say she wasn't designed for the wide range of appeal to both males and females is wrong.
Forgive me for thinking than an absolutely impractical and revealing outfit was made only for males.My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
That's more like it Razz

Her STARS uniform seemed very practical in RE1.Since Jill already knew about zombies and BOWs you'd expect that she would prepare well for leaving the city.
Honestly, it really doesn't matter if she wore her uniform or not,but some practical casual clothing would have been better.Like wearing some pants for example.
Considering that RE3 took place roughly 2 months after the events of RE1, I doubt she would have been wearing that suit all day every day. Imagine how horrible it would smell. While the other STARS members (not including Brad) left the city before the final outbreak Jill stayed in the city to find more information on Umbrella. Why wear pants when you can wear a miniskirt? It's not unusual for women to opt for a skirt instead of pants.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 pm

You guys are right, there are plenty of professional women who enjoy dressing sexy on their off time. I take back my previous statement.

OK, I don't think I can continue with this LONG winded debate anymore. I will gracefully bow out.

It was fun but I am done.

Peace!
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Imagine how horrible it would smell.
That's why people invented washing machines Laughing .

Mass Distraction wrote:
It's not unusual for women to opt for a skirt instead of pants.
Normally,yes,but if you know the city is infected and you need to escape before is too late, wouldn't you load yourself up with ammo and use the most practical outfit and equipment?In the beginning of RE3 it seemed to me like she was preparing for that(she was in her apartment in the beginning, right).It's not like she was out on the street when the zombies appear.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Imagine how horrible it would smell.
That's why people invented washing machines Laughing .

Mass Distraction wrote:
It's not unusual for women to opt for a skirt instead of pants.
Normally,yes,but if you know the city is infected and you need to escape before is too late, wouldn't you load yourself up with ammo and use with the most practical outfit and equipment?In the beginning of RE3 it seemed to me like she was preparing for that(she was in her apartment in the beginning, right).It's not like she was out on the street when the zombies appear.
Washing machines, yes, but she would still have to wait for the same suit to dry out and wear something else in the meanwhile Razz I doubt she had spares.

As it was never truly explained, maybe she actually was out when the outbreak finally happened and didn't have the chance to go back to her apartment and change up? I know you see her in her apartment in the beginning but they never tell you if she was in there when all hell broke loose.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

As it was never truly explained, maybe she actually was out when the outbreak finally happened and didn't have the chance to go back to her apartment and change up? I know you see her in her apartment in the beginning but they never tell you if she was in there when all hell broke loose.
We can only guess about that.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
To say that she wasn't designed for your appeal is fine, but to say she wasn't designed for the wide range of appeal to both males and females is wrong.
Forgive me for thinking than an absolutely impractical and revealing outfit was made only for males.My mistake.
I'm not judging your state of mind; you said,
will1234562 wrote:
I don't care if you believe if it's impractical to wear during a zombie outbreak, I agree with you, I also agree with you about the fact that it does seem more geared toward the male audience. BUT—and just like Jill, it's a big but—you stated that Capcom's intent was for male only, in fact you strongly implied that Capcom clearly stated it to attract male audiences only, when Capcom's actual words were "both male and female."

My problem with you is that you twisted Capcom's words to suit your argument. To simply state: "My opinion is that Jill is designed to attract males in Resident Evil 3." It can't be false because it's your opinion, if you say that "Capcom said they designed it for males." That is a very wrong statement.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Mercy wrote:
It can't be false because it's your opinion, if you say that "Capcom said they designed it for males." That is a very wrong statement.
That's the way I understand it.Capcom said "beautiful for all",but for males that would be to "find her physically attractive" and for females- to "see her as a tough role model".In other words, they combined what both sexes like,in one character.
Anyway,I can't believe you made such a fuss over one comment.My statement wasn't entirely correct,but so what?All people make mistakes,no need to overreact so much.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

We can only guess about that.
That's the most logical route though. I like to go with what's logical and not mess my brain by thinking about it too much Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

[quote="Known_Hero"]You guys are right, there are plenty of professional women who enjoy dressing sexy on their off time. I take back my previous statement.

OK, I don't think I can continue with this LONG winded debate anymore. I will gracefully bow out.

It was fun but I am done.

Yay! Another one bites the dusst, another one bites the dust...yeah, Jill is definately a pro, and she likes to dress sexy, there's nothin' wrong with that. Again, that's always kind of been her thing, her appeal I guess.

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

There, happy now?

Maybe not a reason to make a big deal about your comment, but yeah, I can understand if some of the ladies didn't dig Jill's skimpy outfit, makes sense. Of course, she has other appeal to female audiences too. I'm not talking about Lesbians of course, just straight chicks. Razz And obviously she appeals to the male audience as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Helena Rant   My Helena Rant - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Helena Rant
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2