Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide

Go down 
+4
Nobudy
Mass Distraction
Vandal
chrisredfield84
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide Empty
PostSubject: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:04 am

Hi,

I am sure everyone knows by now that RE 6 has a route guide. But i felt that RE 5 Map was more interesting than have an indicator that gives me the route.

Sometimes, The route guide is not useful where we need to find keys to unlock a door. But there is a range marker kinda indicator in the middle of the screen which gives us an estimate of how far we are from the destination which is ok i guess since other third person shooter games give us this leverage. But a route guide? Would not a map as in RE 5 served this purpose?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am

The route guide is flawed, sometimes it doesn't know where you're supposed to go. One time in Jake's campaign during the blizzard, I just got all the memory sticks and I tried to find my way back, but the route guide kept telling me to go backwards. It's just easier not to use it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 am

I turned off the "hud", as it was called, the moment I started the game. The only part I turned it back on was when I was searching for the keycodes in Ada's campaign. I was so friggin' lost in that place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 am

I don't mind it too much, but there was that one part in Jake's campaign where it was no help at all.
Back to top Go down
McShowtime
Cerberus
Cerberus
McShowtime

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

I actually like it in Re6. Gives you a destination without showing you all the way to it. Keeps you thinking. XD
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:00 pm

McShowtime wrote:
I actually like it in Re6. Gives you a destination without showing you all the way to it. Keeps you thinking. XD

It was helpful and I didn't hate it, but I'd rather have a good ol fashioned map. Although you cover so much ground in RE6 that it might be obsolete.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 am

Mercy wrote:
The route guide is flawed, sometimes it doesn't know where you're supposed to go. One time in Jake's campaign during the blizzard, I just got all the memory sticks and I tried to find my way back, but the route guide kept telling me to go backwards. It's just easier not to use it sometimes.

Yeah blizzard was jus too blinding and snipers really pissed me off. I was also lost when trying to make my way back to the cabin and could not find the route. I used the route guide and it did tell me to go backwards. I did follow it and guided me to the cabin though i did not find it to be a shorter but take in crazy directions.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I turned off the "hud", as it was called, the moment I started the game. The only part I turned it back on was when I was searching for the keycodes in Ada's campaign. I was so friggin' lost in that place.

I did want to mention it as the "HUD" and i did find it commonly referred by users on RE 6 promotional videos. I looked it up on wiki and it said that it refers to a lot of information displayed on screen including health bar.So I explained it and wanted to be specific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HUD_(video_gaming)

Here is why i thought route guide would not help much a map would.

As i observed RE 4 and RE 5, To progress and have items or data untill the end of the game and know more about fiction, we would have to search the area for items, ammo or notes that help us know about the story. If we only stick to direction of destination, we would miss out on a lot of not jus story elements but items as well. We also have serpent emblems which will unlock files about the story. A route guide would not help us in such cases but a map would.

Though i did have a map in jake's campaign, in the blizzard, i could hardly make my way. I was able to get the memory sticks but found the way back to the cabin in crazy directions that i had to use the route guide. Did not expect we would be blinded or lose vision in the game. So yeah, it would be useful to have a route guide in such situations.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 am

Spike991 wrote:
it might be obsolete
Considering that I only used it for 5 minutes of the whole game, yes, it is.

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I did want to mention it as the "HUD" and i did find it commonly referred by users on RE 6 promotional videos. I looked it up on wiki and it said that it refers to a lot of information displayed on screen including health bar.So I explained it and wanted to be specific.

Well, yeah, I know what a HUD is. That's why I think it was complete bullshit that the route guide was called as such in the game. I was actually expecting the HUD option to make the health and ammo bar to show all the time, which it didn't. It's really annoying when you want to know your situation quickly and have to press that navigation button, which didn't even work at times.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Personaly, I perfer the RE5 map than the HUD.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Mercy wrote:

The funny thing is, it worked fine for me however the person I was playing with had the SAME problem. I had to go find him to lead him back to the right place.
Back to top Go down
McShowtime
Cerberus
Cerberus
McShowtime

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
it might be obsolete
Considering that I only used it for 5 minutes of the whole game, yes, it is.

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well, yeah, I know what a HUD is. That's why I think it was complete bullshit that the route guide was called as such in the game. I was actually expecting the HUD option to make the health and ammo bar to show all the time, which it didn't. It's really annoying when you want to know your situation quickly and have to press that navigation button, which didn't even work at times.

Lol, I just aim when I need to take a look at ammo & health. Works lika a charm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

I like how the snipers are able to shoot with the weapons they have in all that snow.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 am

McShowtime wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I was actually expecting the HUD option to make the health and ammo bar to show all the time, which it didn't. It's really annoying when you want to know your situation quickly and have to press that navigation button, which didn't even work at times.

Lol, I just aim when I need to take a look at ammo & health. Works lika a charm Very Happy
Really now? Doesn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
McShowtime wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I was actually expecting the HUD option to make the health and ammo bar to show all the time, which it didn't. It's really annoying when you want to know your situation quickly and have to press that navigation button, which didn't even work at times.

Really now? Doesn't work for me.

Yeah same for me. The HUD, showing health and ammo dissapears, which is nice, then when I aim it shows up again. I'm definately in favor of this.

I was always against RE4/RE5 having a permaneant HUD, it took away from the cinimatic and realistic experience that the RE games have always been. I'll give you that one GL. Wink However, RE6 did it right I think, having it only pop up when you need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide   RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide Empty

Back to top Go down

RE 5 Map vs RE 6 Route guide
Page 1 of 1