Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Complete Series Playthrough Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

Complete Series Playthrough Guide Empty
PostSubject: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 am

I've recently published a document covering a full chronological playthrough of the entire canonical series. It also features a small timeline that brings the story right up to date ready for RE7 to be released. Enjoy.

www.scribd.com/document/335029870/Resident-Evil-The-Complete-Series-Playthrough
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

I hope your playthrough covers Outbreak, or else I will not be pleased.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 6:47 pm

^No, he'll be ecstatic.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 am

Apparently Alyssa Ashcroft will be mentioned in a file in RE7 so that basically makes at least some of the events in those officially canon.

In any case this is in a really nice format, I'll definitely have a read of this when I actually have time. How does the download function work on scribd? Does it give me a PDF of the document? I don't want to make an account on a site I know nothing about only to get a file I can't read on any program I have. I'd read it on the site but even the fullscreen mode feels kinda off when my internet goes on a wonk while trying to open all the pages at the same time. Also skipping ahead seems to take a while on my end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 8:37 am

Well Outbreak has always been canon, there's numerous other references throughout the main series to reinforce this, but yeah the Alyssa file in RE7 will be the equivalent of the Gun Survivor mention in the Zero intro and will put to bed another pointless debate about canonicity.

You can download it either as a text doc or a PDF, but due to a heavy formatting and pictures I'd recommend PDF.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am

Alright, good. I read the first part of Umbrella Corps out of interest (and because that was where I randomly stopped scrolling) and it was very good. I'd buy this in physical form if it had one Very Happy Would be a good substitute for not having an Archives 3.

In any case I'll definitely be giving this a read on my spare time. I appreciate that you even went out and included the new manga series' and The Stage, and even part of ORC. They may be canon but I just think it's something not all that many would do, especially with The Stage and ORC.

Btw. Is there a reason you left out the RE5 Viral Campaign? It may be a minor thing but I like it for the little insight on the daily life of the characters when not on the clock. Also, same question but regarding 4-D Executer. Not sure if either is mentioned, I only skimmed through for now but I didn't see them in the "What You Will Need" page.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 6:21 am

Thanks for the kind words. Whilst we initially talked about covering every title in the  series, we decided to just cover the canonical format as the whole point of the project was to investigate the story and what it means to the fanbase.

The RE5 viral campaign is not strictly canon as it was just an American made marketing campaign with no story input from Capcom Japan. I thought it was pretty good too but there were some inconsistencies as I recall like Claire Redfield being depicted as a member of the B.S.A.A. I can't recall the exact details.

4-D Executor also is not canonical. Although the project was executive produced by Noboru Sigimura and Kenji Inafune, at the launch of the film in 2001 they both referred to the story as a 'Gaiden' for fans of the series. This was further elaborated on in the 15th anniversary 'elements' book where every title in the series was broken down into three categories to determine what is and isn't part of the story. These were 'Main Story', 'Side Story', and 'Another Story' (Gaiden). The main story were the numbered games, Code Veronica and Revelations. Side Stories were the outbreak, chronicles and gun survivor games. The Another Story category had Resident Evil Gaiden and Operation Raccoon City. 4D Executor was in this bracket.

The reason we didn't include Gun Survivor 2 is because the game is classified as a dream for Claire. The files are canonical but most of the game play isn't because Claire encounters creatures she wouldn't even know existed.

The Stage was included because it is canon. Likewise Prelude to the Fall is an official licensed prequel to Umbrella Chronicles, Marhawa Desire a prequel to 6 and Heavenly Island a sequel to both Revelations 2, Umbrella Corps and potentially a tie in to 7.

The RE5 ad campaign and 4D Executor remain inconsequential to the plot and don't cause any plot discrepancies so people can include them if they wish by all means - but our project was to adhere to what Capcom sets out as canonical.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 6:52 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Well Outbreak has always been canon, there's numerous other references throughout the main series to reinforce this, but yeah the Alyssa file in RE7 will be the equivalent of the Gun Survivor mention in the Zero intro and will put to bed another pointless debate about canonicity.
Gun Survivor (the first one, at least) doesn't contradict certain events and locations from the main series, though. Not saying the entirety of Outbreak is non-canon, but the differences are noticeable and merit a place in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:14 am

Neither does Outbreak. The only real issue is the multiple missile ending sequence. Everything else fits fine and dandy. If you are referring to minor geographical or aesthetic differences throughout the game, they don't affect the narrative canon.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Neither does Outbreak. The only real issue is the multiple missile ending sequence. Everything else fits fine and dandy. If you are referring to minor geographical or aesthetic differences throughout the game, they don't affect the narrative canon.
There's no separating the ending sequence from the question, it does contradict the main series. Location differences can probably be chalked up to artistic or gameplay reasons, true, but they're still differences nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am

So, I bought the God awful Umbrella Corps. Is it as horrible as everybody says it is? Ah, yep, it truly is!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 4:50 pm

White Rock wrote:
So, I bought the God awful Umbrella Corps. Is it as horrible as everybody says it is? Ah, yep, it truly is!

"Controls? What are those?"
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:16 am

White Rock wrote:
Sounds like your hopes weren't high, so why didn't you just rent it instead?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete Series Playthrough Guide   Complete Series Playthrough Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Complete Series Playthrough Guide
Page 1 of 1