HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 am

How did you like the soundtracks from the games? Rate however you want: Words or number system or staaaaaars.

Resident Evil Zero:
Resident Evil 1 Original:
Resident Evil 1 Remake:
Resident Evil 2:
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis:
Resident Evil Code Veronica X:
Resident Evil Dead Aim:
Resident Evil Outbreak:
Resident Evil Outbreak File#2:
Resident Evil Survivor:
Resident Evil 4:
Resident Evil 5:
Resident Evil 6:
Resident Evil Revelations:

Me personally:
Resident Evil Zero: So-so with a few good tracks
Resident Evil 1 Original: So-so
Resident Evil 1 Remake: Amazing
Resident Evil 2: Amazing
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis: good with a few great tracks
Resident Evil Code Veronica X: good but nothing special
Resident Evil Dead Aim: nothing special
Resident Evil Outbreak: Great
Resident Evil Outbreak File#2: Great
Resident Evil Survivor: Terribly unmemorable
Resident Evil 4: Amazing
Resident Evil 5: Amazing
Resident Evil 6: Haven't played yet
Resident Evil Revelations: Haven't played yet
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Resident Evil Zero: - RE0 has a fucking awesome soundtrack. Opening reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Easily one of my fav's.
Resident Evil 1 Original: - Love it, tons of memorable tracks. Something the REmake lacks.
Resident Evil 1 Remake: - While a superb game, doesn't have much as far as memorable music. It makes up for it with some nice silent moments and outside lighting and thunder, but still, not much in the BGM department.
Resident Evil 2: - Another awesome soundtrack. I have some of these on my ipod. Not in the same manner of RE0 and Outbreak IMO, but damn good. There was even a track that was in this game, and was also in RE3, and kinda remixed in Outbreak File#2.
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis: - Not my fav, but still pretty good and memorable for sure. A track from RE2 in RPD is in this one. Ending credits sounds like WaveRace or something from N64.
Resident Evil Code Veronica X: - OMG, like RE2, not in the same awesomeness of RE0/Outbreak, but damn good. Action packed, creepy and just plain awesome, again, a fav of mine.
Resident Evil Dead Aim: - I actually liked DA's soundtrack. I've got the little intro on my ipod. Not that memorable I guess, but pretty good.
Resident Evil Outbreak: - This and RE0 are personal fav's. They have totally awesome, classy and creepy music. Very memorable and cool.
Resident Evil Outbreak File#2: - Not any better than it's predecessor, but not dissapointing at all. Ver nice.
Resident Evil Survivor: - Like DA(which is actually after Survivor), it has some nice tracks. Maybe not the most memorable, but I like it.
Resident Evil 4: - RE4 has some really nice tracks too. The game gets tons of undeserved hate, but it does indeed have a nice soundtrack. Just think of the typewriter screen, as well as the opening, and the ending credits(Sorrow).
Resident Evil 5: - RE5 failed in a lot of ways, but it's soundtrack, although a few tracks sounded a little too familiar to RE4, like gameplay stuff, when a certain enemy comes out or something, but it has a great soundtrack. Pray(Main theme, like RE4's Sorrow) is on my iPod for sure. The instrumental of course.
Resident Evil 6: - RE6 actually has a really nice soundtrack too. I can't remember any particular tracks right now, but it sounded real good, like on the menus and stuff.
Resident Evil Revelations: - 3DS exclusive, but an awesome fucking soundtrack. The menus, BGM, etc, it's really nice. Definately something I'd put up there with RE0 and Outbreak. I wish I had this one on my ipod, but haven't found, nor have I really looked for the soundtrack. Definately fits RE and this game in particular.

Where's Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles?

I liked UC's soundtrack, it was cool, definately memorable. DSC had one of my favourite soundtracks in the whole series.

In closing, RE0, Outbreak, DSC and RER are my fav's as far as the music is concerned. With RE2 and CVX just barely not making the cut for me. Not because they weren't good enough, but are just a different style and sound.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:41 am

Can't really remember the music cause i was so LITTLE to appreciate or remember it.

I do like
Jill battlesuit's theme.. Sad but true. It was also her BGM for marvelvscapcom.
RE6 trailer, It was also played at some part in Leon&Helena's campaign. can't remember
RE6 Ada's campaign theme.
I don't know why. But i kinda don't like the Soundtracks from the older games.. It makes me feel "depressed"? but it does make me scared especially when i'm alone Hahaha

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am

Paperface* wrote:
Can't really remember the music cause i was so LITTLE to appreciate or remember it.

I do like
RE6 trailer, It was also played at some part in Leon&Helena's campaign. can't remember
I don't know why. But i kinda don't like the Soundtracks from the older games.. It makes me feel "depressed"? but it does make me scared especially when i'm alone Hahaha

Why even come into this thread then?
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 pm

I dont actually remember the name of the theme, but its one of the best things i've heard so far, the theme in Safe ROom or Save game in RE nemesis, that minor and at the same time a bit dark piano melody is superb!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
I dont actually remember the name of the theme, but its one of the best things i've heard so far, the theme in Safe ROom or Save game in RE nemesis, that minor and at the same time a bit dark piano melody is superb!

It actually sounded pretty similar to RE2's Safe Room theme, which I did like better, but RE3 had a good soundtrack.

The safe room track from RE1 is still a personal favourite. I noticed that it played after you complete LIN, on the screen showing your play time and all that junk. Pretty nice touch.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Spike991 wrote:
ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:

It actually sounded pretty similar to RE2's Safe Room theme, which I did like better, but RE3 had a good soundtrack.

The safe room track from RE1 is still a personal favourite. I noticed that it played after you complete LIN, on the screen showing your play time and all that junk. Pretty nice touch.

I haven't noticed that, but maybe tahts cs i havent played RE2 for a long time. Yes there's a similarity but RE 2 sounds a bit 2 dramatic when Nemesis gives u kinda feeling of hope. . . I could point out the theme form RE Movies, The only thing that actually deserves acclaim, Really dont like the film and the way its going, but the soundtrack was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 am

Spike991 wrote:
Paperface* wrote:

I do like

To rate it? Just because i haven't appreciate it back then cause i was about 9 does not mean i can't judge the soundtracks? I did say the music was a little "depresing" right? which means i rated it.. I also cannot rate it the way you did like for ex:

Because i don't know all the titles and stuff.. I was generalizing when i said "depressing" and when i said i liked the "Sad but true" And the RE6 soundtrack. Means I liked some/most of the soundtracks of the newer games..
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 am

Paperface* wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Paperface* wrote:

I do like

To rate it? Just because i haven't appreciate it back then cause i was about 9 does not mean i can't judge the soundtracks? I did say the music was a little "depresing" right? which means i rated it.. I also cannot rate it the way you did like for ex:

Because i don't know all the titles and stuff.. I was generalizing when i said "depressing" and when i said i liked the "Sad but true" And the RE6 soundtrack. Means I liked some/most of the soundtracks of the newer games..

This^
Back to top Go down
BillC
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:04 am

Sweet, I was hoping I could find a thread about the music! I'm a HUGE fan of RE music and listen to it regularly even when im not playing the games. RE definitely has its own sound with music and while the last 2 games have had a fair share of somewhat typical sounding action themes, they still maintain, I dunno, "REish" melodies and have a good amount of slower, dark ambient tunes that the series soundtracks coined. anyway...

RE0- GREAT soundtrack. The training facility main hall theme is BRILLIANT. one of my fav RE songs period. So atmospheric and ominous and unsettling, while still being kind of beautiful in a way. Theres a number of great classic sounding resident evil themes in this game. minimal and a bit redundant, but the type of tunes that make you remember certain locations and evoke nostalgia.

REmake- Perfect for the game. Not something i listen to often when im not playing the game, but with REmake being the most eerie and atmospheric game in the series, the minimal dark ambient tracks fit perfectly and really bring out the unsettling nature of the mansion. Save room track rules.

RE2- IMO, probably the best soundtrack overall in the series. Theres such a wide range of styles and I really can't think of a single track i dislike! Typical RE horror themes (police station tracks, city street track, basement/garage etc..), Explosive boss fighting orchestral themes, melancholy, soothing tracks(save room, ada theme) and a few unique more experimental tracks( marshaling yard, vacant factory, lab song)

RE3- Has many forgettable tracks but it also has some amazing ones. Best save theme imo as well. Nemesis theme is great. City without hope and city of ruin are two of my fav RE songs ever, such bleak sounding melodies! The park theme is cool. Clocktower theme is pretty dark and unsettling. I also really like how the abandoned factory theme starts out but it kind of loses direction after a while.

Code Veronica- Again, many forgettable tracks, but several great "classic" sounding RE tracks. Save theme is a beauty, I guess they all kind of are though haha. Palace of the Insane, and Pandoras box are two highlights for me. Rasen is bizzare and bone chilling as well. Really builds tension!

RE4- The most unique soundtrack in the series. BRILLIANTLY composed and fitting for the game. Atmospheric ambience was obviously the focus here with some of the harshest most dissonant music i've ever heard and easily the most tense! VERY experimental and terrifying. The type writer theme is so serene. The other "save theme" that plays when you're usually around a merchant is also brilliantly done because it has a very warm comforting melody but the effect its filtered through gives it an eerie nature. perfect.

RE5- Great variety here. Theres some classic sounding tunes, some tunes that sound like they took heavily from RE4' tense ambient sound, and some great orchestral boss themes. The wesker jill fight followed by the jill solo fight are both very memorable and well composed. Catchy too!

RE6- At first i was a bit disappointed because everything sounded like a typical action movie score to me on my first play through, but then a lot of the songs started to get under my skin in the way I like RE music to. I dont know track names as I dont own the soundtrack yet so i can't really highlight anything specific. However my one complaint is...WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SAVE THEME?!?! i mean i know there are save themes after you complete each chapter, but wheres the soothing bittersweet melodies that EVERY other game in the main series had?!?! Its practically a staple in the series and the tradition should be carried on with each game.

Havent played revelations yet, but Ive heard some of the songs and so far it sounds great to me. Outbreak has an amazing main theme too.

Long ass post, i know, but I have been eager to share my thoughts on REs terrific music i just have no one to talk about it with haha everyone would probably be like "dude its just videogame music."
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm

BillC wrote:
I'm a HUGE fan of RE music and listen to it regularly even when im not playing the games.

I've got some RE tracks on my iPod actually. Including Anderson's first RE film opening theme, from Marilyn Manson and Marco Beltrami. Super awesome song.

Quote :
RE0- GREAT soundtrack. The training facility main hall theme is BRILLIANT. one of my fav RE songs period. So atmospheric and ominous and unsettling, while still being kind of beautiful in a way. Theres a number of great classic sounding resident evil themes in this game. minimal and a bit redundant, but the type of tunes that make you remember certain locations and evoke nostalgia.

Yes, brilliant and beautiful are words I would use to describe the music of RE0. I love the soundtracks for games like RE2 and CVX, but somehow, there is a more intelligent and sophisticated sound with the soundtracks for games like RE0, Outbreak, Revelations and Darkside Chroncles. I never could find the soundtrack for DSC...and that games been out for a few years now. If anybody knows where one can locate the DSC soundtrack, please share.

The opening for RE0 sounding kind of like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre to me, which is something that always made it more memorable and cool, when RE0 was unfamiliar territory for me. I also like how that violen theme shows up later on in the game, in the flashback where Marcus is assassinated, with Wesker and Birkin showing up to rub it in his face. The track that plays when Billy and Rebecca come across the pile of corpses, or bones anyway, there's a nice little piano tune that plays, one of my fav's. There another track titled, Beginning, that I don't recall hearing in the game, but plays in a certain trailer, it's probably another favourite of mine from RE0, and the RE series as a whole.

Quote :
REmake- Perfect for the game. Not something i listen to often when im not playing the game, but with REmake being the most eerie and atmospheric game in the series, the minimal dark ambient tracks fit perfectly and really bring out the unsettling nature of the mansion. Save room track rules.

Yeah, I don't know if I even have any REmake tracks on my iPod. The music wasn't memorable, which doesn't mean it wasn't an awesome game, but the BGM in the Original RE makes it more enjoyable than REmake sometimes, like Mansion 1F. Obviously REmake did have the save room track, which is good enough. RE5's LIN also used this save room track at the end, where it shows your playtime and hit ratio and all that.

Quote :
RE2- IMO, probably the best soundtrack overall in the series. Theres such a wide range of styles and I really can't think of a single track i dislike! Typical RE horror themes (police station tracks, city street track, basement/garage etc..), Explosive boss fighting orchestral themes, melancholy, soothing tracks(save room, ada theme) and a few unique more experimental tracks( marshaling yard, vacant factory, lab song)

Not bad, but not my favourite. I have several RE2 tracks on my pod right now. Annette's Reccollection, 1st Malformation Of G, and the Safe Place(save room) theme. Others too. It's one of the more memorable soundtracks. IMO it lacks the sophistication of RE0, Outbreak and DSC and RER's soundtracks, which isn't bad, just a different sound, but RE2 still has one of the best most memorable soundtracks in the series.

Quote :
RE3- Has many forgettable tracks but it also has some amazing ones. Best save theme imo as well. Nemesis theme is great. City without hope and city of ruin are two of my fav RE songs ever, such bleak sounding melodies! The park theme is cool. Clocktower theme is pretty dark and unsettling. I also really like how the abandoned factory theme starts out but it kind of loses direction after a while.

I agree that RE3 had many forgettable tracks. I'm not against RE3 or it's soundtrack, but it's probably one of my least fav's. The save room theme sounded like a cheap ripoff of RE2's save room theme to me. The music at the beginning was definately nice, during Jill's little speel about Umbrella and Raccoon City. The music all throughout was nice, but just not as good as, RE2 or CVX, or my personal fav's, RE0, Outbreak, RER and DSC.

Quote :
Code Veronica- Again, many forgettable tracks, but several great "classic" sounding RE tracks. Save theme is a beauty, I guess they all kind of are though haha. Palace of the Insane, and Pandoras box are two highlights for me. Rasen is bizzare and bone chilling as well. Really builds tension!

I actually didn't find CVX to have many forgettable tracks. I thought the entire soundtrack was very memorable. The Ashford's theme, Alexia's Berecuse, and just all of the action sounding BGM's were super nice. The credits also took most of the memorable tracks and put them all into that for some reason, I didn't mind too much though.

Quote :
RE4- The most unique soundtrack in the series. BRILLIANTLY composed and fitting for the game. Atmospheric ambience was obviously the focus here with some of the harshest most dissonant music i've ever heard and easily the most tense! VERY experimental and terrifying. The type writer theme is so serene. The other "save theme" that plays when you're usually around a merchant is also brilliantly done because it has a very warm comforting melody but the effect its filtered through gives it an eerie nature. perfect.

Now, I never really saw RE4's soundtrack as amazing and memorable as others, though it does contain some of my fav's and some really memorable tracks. I loved RE4's theme song, Sorrow, which plays in the credits. I also liked the typewriter theme. There was another cool track called Infiltration that was pretty good. And I definately enjoyed all of the Mercs themes, especially Wesker's. Oh, and I also found the Assignment Ada Credits track to be really nice, the little jazzy number that plays during the credits. Razz

Quote :
RE5- Great variety here. Theres some classic sounding tunes, some tunes that sound like they took heavily from RE4' tense ambient sound, and some great orchestral boss themes. The wesker jill fight followed by the jill solo fight are both very memorable and well composed. Catchy too!

Hmmm, I had noticed that a few of RE4's BGM's had been reused, or just slightly altered in RE5. Otherwise, certain dramatic parts in the game like the stuff involving Jill and Umbrella and Progenitor and Spencer had nice tracks. I also really liked RE5's theme song, Prey, especially the Instrumental version, which is what played during the Tokyo Game Show Trailer, which was just plain epic.

Quote :
RE6- At first i was a bit disappointed because everything sounded like a typical action movie score to me on my first play through, but then a lot of the songs started to get under my skin in the way I like RE music to. I dont know track names as I dont own the soundtrack yet so i can't really highlight anything specific. However my one complaint is...WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SAVE THEME?!?! i mean i know there are save themes after you complete each chapter, but wheres the soothing bittersweet melodies that EVERY other game in the main series had?!?! Its practically a staple in the series and the tradition should be carried on with each game.

Havent played revelations yet, but Ive heard some of the songs and so far it sounds great to me. Outbreak has an amazing main theme too.

TBH I don't remember RE6's soundtrack too well...I'm sure it's fine and dandy, but I'd like to be able to remember it better. I guess my loud ass 360 might deter from hearing the BGM sometimes. I'm still shocked to hear BGM when I watch an RE5 cutscene online sometimes.

RER has a brilliant soundtrack. Most won't know it because it's a game that is exclusive to the 3DS. Outbreak has an absolutely amazing theme! IDK which soundtrack is my absolute fav, but if there is a specific track that's at the top of my list, it's Outbreak's opening theme, Ez.

I might've 1Up'd your long ass post. Smile
Back to top Go down
BillC
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Quote :
I actually didn't find CVX to have many forgettable tracks. I thought the entire soundtrack was very memorable. The Ashford's theme, Alexia's Berecuse, and just all of the action sounding BGM's were super nice. The credits also took most of the memorable tracks and put them all into that for some reason, I didn't mind too much though.

Forgettable was the wrong word to use, I'm just not a huge fan of a lot of the faster actiony themes as well as the operatic ones used in CVX. The area music in the game, I LOVE. Palace of the Insane, Rasen, Blanc, Sub Zero, Entrapment, pandoras box, deasth siege etc etc...

Also, I was checking out some of the outbreak and file 2 songs. great music. the main theme is outbreak is brilliant and the track for desperate times is great, I think maybe somewhat of a remix of the original police station song? The decisions decisions track that plays inside the university is great too. I'll need to go back and play through those games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 3:32 pm

BillC wrote:
Forgettable was the wrong word to use, I'm just not a huge fan of a lot of the faster actiony themes as well as the operatic ones used in CVX. The area music in the game, I LOVE. Palace of the Insane, Rasen, Blanc, Sub Zero, Entrapment, pandoras box, deasth siege etc etc...

Oh yes, I liked that palace theme. The one that plays in the Ashford residence, where Alfred couldn't shoot you to save his life. Even with a scope and a laser sight. Another personal favourite of mine is Suspended Doll, which plays in the Ashford's private residence, in the room with a giant suspended doll actually. Razz

BillC wrote:
Also, I was checking out some of the outbreak and file 2 songs. great music. the main theme is outbreak is brilliant and the track for desperate times is great, I think maybe somewhat of a remix of the original police station song? The decisions decisions track that plays inside the university is great too. I'll need to go back and play through those games.

OMG Outbreak has the best soundtrack. Obviously the main theme, which I always thought sounded a tad like Stephen King's It. And the stuff from each scenario is really great too. I do believe that the track you're referring to, which plays in RPD in the Desperate Times scenario, is indeed some sort of remix that sounds like one of the BMG's that plays in RE2's RPD. Interestingly enough, RE3 also used this track from RE2 in the RPD section. And oddly, there is a track in CVX that I swear sounds just like this RPD track that we're talking about lol

Another really good scenario is Flashback from File#2. The Cabin in the woods, and the abandoned hospital have great tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks   Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate all of Resident Evil's Soundtracks
Page 1 of 1