HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)

Go down 
+26
MSR
DonREfan
pacdredogg
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Spike991
NiteKrawler
PunkMaister
chrisredfielmusculo
ResEvilChick
doctorstrangesf
Mcghie
animaniac1
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
Nerwen
Methsia
DXP
Ghost Leader
CrimsonElder
Vandal
ChickenHeart
PAULSAMSON
00biohazard
weskersbarber
Outbreakgirl
ChrisSherry
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 am

doctorstrangesf wrote:
Saw it a few days ago, enjoyed it.

Ada's casting annoyed me a little since beyond the "Wong" name I've never taken her to be as Asian, always just assumed she was full on Caucasian or half and half since that's how she's been portrayed. But the actress absolutely nailed the performance and was one of the best things about the film.

Barry and Leon was unnecessary. It's been a major flaw of the series that they take characters from the games and then portray them in a totally different way to how they look and act (Jill is the exception to the look and behaviour, Sienna absolutely nailed her in Apocalypse) in the games and majorly undermine the characters in comparison to Superwoman and it's no different in this. Those two could have been anyone else in the world and it would make no difference to the film whatsoever. Thought they looked good though.

The interaction between Alice and Becky was really cute though, but it's just the Ripley/Newt relationship that I've seen in countless videogames and movies, nothing fresh at all.

The whole cloning thing really annoyed me though. They bring back all these characters from Alice's past and she doesn't care in the slightest. There's like one shot of her looking shocked and after that it's never brought up again. They could have told an interesting story but instead they're just cannon fodder. I did enjoy the opening clones though, very strange to see the characters portrayed so differently (i.e. Alice not being all powerful badass).

The action sequences were very, very good. Loved that they recreated the Leon/Ada fight.

Great to see Jill again and Sienna nailed it yet again.

The Wesker thing is just the ultimate facepalm though and just shows that Anderson really does not care in the slightest about continuity.

I liked the nods to the Perry books though. I.E. the training facility is pretty much The Planet from Underworld.

The last shot was insanely cool though and I have to admit, I want to see the battle and resolution of this series.

Hopefully the sequel be the last in the Aliceverse and Sony will have the balls to reboot into straight adaptations. Or at least make a new continuity that doesn't completely rape the games for everything they're worth.

Wow thanks this can be sumarized in it's a movie worth watching once Redbox has it at $1.29 but certainly not to spend 6 to 8 dollars to watch it at a theater. i will see it as soon as RedBox has it. bounce
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm

The movie pros...

1. It has Leon Kennedy in it and Barry Burton as well.
2. It has Ada Wong in her original Asian look and not changed to Caucasian as was inexplicably done in the latest games.

Now i have to say that besides trampling canon and setting the RE live action movie franchise in a whole separate universe from the games. I do not think of the action sequences in the movies as cheesy or poorly performed and they really are not. The plot in most of the movies have been pretty disjointed so far in this one they try to join the essentialy disjointed franchise through what amounts to the lengthiest narration intro by Alice in what consumes 5 to 6 minutes of the film.

although not sure, it seems that Alice never really had a family or siblings of her own because she started out as a clone herself probably from a woman that died long ago at least that's what I gather when Ada explained how the clones are virtually blanks and then given memory imprints.

[Spolier]I kinda liked the ,momma bear attitude Alice took with the cloned little girl in the Raccoon City simulation of the facility.

Albert Wesker doesn't become a good guy, he and the others make an uneasy truce when Red Queen goes Skynet but with BOWs instead of terminators.

The battle between Jill and Alice is epic and Jill mops the floor with Alice all the way through, Alice only saved herself because she managed to remove the control scarab.

Does anyone know what those flying BOWs were at the movie's end?.
[/spoiler]
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:25 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
But what is a movie without cheesiness?

A good movie?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:33 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
But what is a movie without cheesiness?

A good movie?
I support this post.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:07 am

The games themselves being of the horror genre have more than plenty of grill cheese on them so that's a very flawed argument against them. The only real argument against the live action franchise is that the continuity completely steps out of game canon and sadly that's how Capcom wanted it. Hopefully as i posted elsewhere one day the rights will revert back to Capcom and maybe by then they will allow the live action franchise to tie in with the games. That being said other than not following canon the action sequences are not done poorly or anything of the sort, the people that say this are just venting their blind hatred and that's all...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Mcghie wrote:
Never. They never do. Once that cash cow starts getting milked they don't stop it's a putrid rotten carcase.
Only good film directors know when it's time to quite, even if they are still making a shit load of money.
Greedy bitches like Paul get blinded by the income and know they are not good enough to make constant sequels so they half ass it and ...... well look at afterlife and retribution, that's the outcome your left with.
Sequels are almost never as good as their predecessors. This is a general rule when it comes to films and if you're just now realizing that, you've been living under a rock all your life. And no, knowing "when to quit" doesn't make a good director, making successful films does. Afterlife wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I have seen worse (Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance, anyone?), and I haven't seen Retribution yet, so can't judge it yet. My usual MO is that I come back for the sequel if I enjoyed the preceding entry. Despite it not being what I hoped, I enjoyed Afterlife, so I'll probably see Retribution in the near future. If I enjoy it, I'll come back for the sixth movie. If not, I won't. It's a simple system that hasn't failed me and I'm not gonna throw it out for anyone.

As far as Anderson being greedy, I can neither agree nor disagree since I've never personally met him.

I know sequels are never good, although a good director will make it decent or not copy what he did last time around.
I was using it loosely as in that isn't the main point but a good director wont keep producing crap over and over.
Movies will always sell no matter how bad they are but if the general fanbase is having a lot of complaints about it a good director will heed the criticism and take it into account.
Anderson of coarse does not seem to care what anyone thinks, as long as he see's income he will keep on forcing is jaded mind to come up with more crap to feed everyone.
I mean the first Resident Evil was great, the way the Resident Evil world is he was right to add a little more sci-fi/action into the movie.
He didn't continue this streak though and it got very bad, very quick.

You don't need to personally meet someone to know if they are greedy or not, greed is based on action and not personality.
You could meet someone and them being generally a really cool person but then they go and stab you in the back for cash or you don't know someone in a fast food outlet but you see them eating like 2 big mac meals to themselves and this shows there greed without you even knowing the person (I know that is a bad analogy but you get the general idea)

To be fair I thought Apocalypse was decent too. It was from Extinction onwards were it turned awful for me.

Ditto. I didn't realize we had Carrie in the RE Film series with her telekenisis.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Havent watched it and not going 2. Why didnt Romero shoot RE movies, it would have been so much better . . .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:24 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Havent watched it and not going 2. Why didnt Romero shoot RE movies, it would have been so much better . . .

Yeah, that ain't happening.

But, I still haven't seen this film either. I doubt it's even still in theatres anyway.
Back to top Go down
pacdredogg
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
pacdredogg

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:09 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
I just got back from seeing Retribution. I must say it was pretty good, yes there was some cheesiness. But what is a movie without cheesiness? I was happy to see Rain Ocampo back, I loved the good Rain clone even if that part was short lived. Then again, I love the actress, Michelle Rodriguez. I loved the scene where Barry brings out his gun, it was such a RE game pun!
I didn't like that Luther died... all the men Alice likes die. Poor Alice.
As for Ada, I still dislike her. Now I can just say I hate both game and movie Ada.
And Leon's obsession with her is also featured the movie, gah. But, I must admit the actress Li Bingbing did a really good job portraying Ada. I wasn't big on the movie take of Leon either... no offence towards the actor, it was just the way he was written.
Sienna Guillory was once again kick ass as Jill, she was even better in this movie. Her fight scene with Alice at the end was pretty awesome, she was a better fighter then Alice (then again, it's Alice without all her "Super powers")
and I have to say, I got a chuckle out of Wesker (well his base) residing in the White House. Seeing him sitting in the chair,
Mentally I was thinking "President Wesker" go figure! lol
Seems there will be AT LEAST one more movie considering the way it ended off, it was much like Afterlife ending, leaving it up for sequel.
I hope Chris, Claire and K-mart will return in the sequel.

Over all, I really enjoyed the movie.
Then again, I actually love the movies as there own. Of course I prefer the games. But regardless, I love the movies.

What were your guys takes on the movie?
FACEPALM...
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

Spike991 wrote:
ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:

Yeah, that ain't happening.

But, I still haven't seen this film either. I doubt it's even still in theatres anyway.

My buddy saw it and as he said it was one of the worst things he had ever seen. Then i suggested him to watch Damn, and he just wowed, as a person who is not fanatical with RE he said that capcom should invest more money in CGI rather then making dumb Alice movies.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

The DVDRIP was finally released today on torrent websites so I got round to watching it. All i can say is, 'What has been seen, cannot be unseen'. Seriously what was Paul Anderson thinking? I cant be bothered getting into it as I would be here all day but its without doubt one of the worst 'movies' I have ever seen. And the Ada and Leon actors should not be allowed to call themselves actors. Horrendous stuff.
Back to top Go down
DonREfan
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
DonREfan

Playstation Network fantasydon

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:04 am

Aww man I soo wanna see Retribution unfortunately the dvd dont come out here yet which sucks because I heard its really good and plus I've seen all the other films. I do admit I like the last one Afterlife thats pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:15 am

DonREfan wrote:
Aww man I soo wanna see Retribution unfortunately the dvd dont come out here yet which sucks because I heard its really good and plus I've seen all the other films. I do admit I like the last one Afterlife thats pretty cool.

Afterlife? That's the one with the Executioner from RE5, who gets his head blown off and quarters pour out of him like a pinata right?
Back to top Go down
DonREfan
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
DonREfan

Playstation Network fantasydon

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:25 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
DonREfan wrote:

Afterlife? That's the one with the Executioner from RE5, who gets his head blown off and quarters pour out of him like a pinata right?

yep you got it lol
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Retribution had an awesome soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Retribution had an awesome soundtrack.

Really?

I've actually always found the RE Films to contain pretty good music. I remember hearing Slipknot and Killswitch Engage, like in Apocolypse. Vermillion and End Of Heartache. I also really liked that they had A Perfect Circle in Afterlife, the Outsider(Apocolypse Mix) from their aMOTION album. It played in the trailer, and during that whole ending fight with Wesker and Alice and all them.

Whether you like Anderson, or the RE movies, or not, you can't deny he's got some good taste in music. Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 pm

I can't watch vids RaviorStygian. Razz
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am

God awful movie.
I absolutely hated most of the movie for the following reasons:
1. Barry dies. (F U Anderson!!!)
2. Alice is STILL ALIVE????
3. The Luther Chest Punch. Honestly, the brain is still active 7 minutes after death, so... CPR!!!
4. Cloning is Stupid.
5. Wesker is not the type of person to get soft. He would use others to get things, and doesn't let things go.
6. Why copy RE 4+5, Come on, come up with your own stunts!!!!
7. Where's all that ammo coming from? The don't reload until a certain point where they run out and die.
8. Alice takes a Luther Chest Punch and lives. WTF???
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 am

PWNERX wrote:
God awful movie.
I absolutely hated most of the movie for the following reasons:
1. Barry dies. (F U Anderson!!!)
2. Alice is STILL ALIVE????
3. The Luther Chest Punch. Honestly, the brain is still active 7 minutes after death, so... CPR!!!
4. Cloning is Stupid.
5. Wesker is not the type of person to get soft. He would use others to get things, and doesn't let things go.
6. Why copy RE 4+5, Come on, come up with your own stunts!!!!
7. Where's all that ammo coming from? The don't reload until a certain point where they run out and die.
8. Alice takes a Luther Chest Punch and lives. WTF???

all of that seems terrible,i did heard that barry died in the movie
and that wesker turned into one of the good guys
but after alice gained superpowers nothing suprises me anymore....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 pm

I forgot to mention I saw this movie. I must say, it's way better than Exctinction and Afterlife combined. Especially Afterlife was so atrocious that it would take a really bad movie to be worse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I forgot to mention I saw this movie. I must say, it's way better than Exctinction and Afterlife combined. Especially Afterlife was so atrocious that it would take a really bad movie to be worse.
mass how can you say it was better than them to, i think it was horrible and leons actor is a major disappointment, and i may be the only one but i thought the part with the russian zombies was stupid and cheap. they could have done so much better.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

I can say it was better than them because Extinction had horrible story (albeit the action in that was way better) and Afterlife was just a rotten piece of crap that should never have existed in the first place.

I'm not saying this movie is the best movie ever, it was just okay. If I had to score the films, I'd say Genesis = 9/10, Apocalypse = 8-/10, Extinction = 6/10, Afterlife = 2/10 and Retribution = 7.5/10.

There were lots to improve in this one but at least it was better than the previous two.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I can say it was better than them because Extinction had horrible story (albeit the action in that was way better) and Afterlife was just a rotten piece of crap that should never have existed in the first place.

I'm not saying this movie is the best movie ever, it was just okay. If I had to score the films, I'd say Genesis = 9/10, Apocalypse = 8-/10, Extinction = 6/10, Afterlife = 2/10 and Retribution = 7.5/10.

There were lots to improve in this one but at least it was better than the previous two.
alright lol i agree to this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:43 am

So I finally caught Retribution on TV a couple weeks ago.

Tagged for spoilers.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next