HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)

Go down 
+2
00biohazard
Prince of Judah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) Empty
PostSubject: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:20 pm

I like the game but there are a few issue's I'd like to discuss with the members of this board. I am using the PC version, as I prefer the PC and do not own an xbox or ps3.

I am playing on my own with AI help. The first thing that really bothered me was the lack of ammunition in normal. in fact, there was so little ammunition that I am playing it on easy now. I realize that most others have played it on normal, which is my preferred difficulty. However, I have found that even on easy there is only just enough to keep me alive.

I have noticed that Sheva does not bother to fire at legs or heads to disable enemies momentarily. She also switches her weapon based on cover or attack, which I find annoying as there isn't any reason to limit weapons based on the AI's ordered behavior. She never concerves ammunition when shooting is impratical due to the distance or situation, such as being on a boat, since there isn't any reason to fire at targets that can't get to you and are easily dodged anyway.

I've noticed how very cramped most environments are. There isn't a whole lot of room to maneuver, and it can be extremely frustrating to be backed into a corner, without enough ammunition to defend myself with. Often there are other places to go to, but the place I am in is the most ideal to defend from, yet the ammo is out there, not by me. This is certainly part of the challenge, but it really saps my desire to play when overwhelming numbers of enemies overwhelm me again and again.

I hate the boss fights. Some are exceedingly easy. Some are very difficult due to the stupidity of Sheva.

I don't like the controls much. I am unhappy at the change in the series. All I have wanted since I first starting playing resident evil, a billion years ago when I was in highschool, that is, 2002 RE Zero, is simply streamlined, updated controls. More action elements sound good. I wanted a useful knife, integrated into the kit, rather than taking up inventory slots, and more things to give the play an edge for survival, but not a massive overhaul. The overhaul that has been used in RE 4-5 I do not think moves over to action properly anyway. I actually have found resident evil 4 to be far MORE difficult than the older ones. I realize I am most likely in the minority in this, but I am not very good at video games anyway.

Upgrades. Well I love the fact that there are fewer weapons. But I think the weapons should all be far more powerful, with far fewer upgrades. I don't like it that getting tactically sound upgrades ensures the player's survival. I also find having to deal with too many weapons and not enough slots since I don't know what exactly to bring, and winning virtually the whole mission only to be mercilessly pwned by an enemy that certain weapons are best at fighting is a real turn off.

There is not enough room in the inventory. I also realize this is a part of Resident Evil's gameplay. But the damn thing should have seperate compartments for separate items. (and more space of course). using hotkeys to change weapons often ends me up holding boxes of ammunition which generally don't do much against hordes of angry guys with homicidal parasites controlling their brains.

The setting of RE 5 is interesting but not interesting enough. RE 4 had some incredible environments. They were much scarier. gloomy and medieval environments really were immersive. So far I am only impressed with the ruins, which is where I am now in 5. But even they seem somewhat lackluster. It doesn't feel particularly exotic. The ruins feel too massive to be realistic. I don't mean I want less ruins. I want more, but not jumbo sized. It would have been much creepier and more beautiful if they had modeled the ruins off of Kushite material culture, in my opinion.

The story... Well I kind of know the game's story. I was too impatient to wait until I finished. I must say, wtf is with Wesker's improving the human race nonsense? I am not going to comment on RE and every media that makes zombies and super bio-weapons through mutations that regenerate in seconds. This is already grossly unscientific. Unleashing a global plague of mind controlling parasites would in no way improve the human genome. trying to use a virus, "parasite", or any form of pathogen that causes extreme mutations will do one thing, leave mountains of corpses, not superhumans. a massive plague of cancer really. But even working within the framework Sci/Fi and/or horror, this still makes little sense. What is the purpose of using parasites? Shouldn't it be viruses? Parasites cannot alter DNA anyway. it also assumes that no one will have an immune system that won't emerge victorious. and to add one final comment. The T/G/ whatever virus would need to be able to target a select number of cells for reproduction, and the rest for dna alteration. this is a problem though, since it would require the virus destroy half of the persons' in question's cells in order to alter all dna, which won't work because it would leave a dead man, (half of a dead man) around.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

King Saul wrote:
I like the game but there are a few issue's I'd like to discuss with the members of this board. I am using the PC version, as I prefer the PC and do not own an xbox or ps3.

I am playing on my own with AI help. The first thing that really bothered me was the lack of ammunition in normal. in fact, there was so little ammunition that I am playing it on easy now. I realize that most others have played it on normal, which is my preferred difficulty. However, I have found that even on easy there is only just enough to keep me alive.

I have noticed that Sheva does not bother to fire at legs or heads to disable enemies momentarily. She also switches her weapon based on cover or attack, which I find annoying as there isn't any reason to limit weapons based on the AI's ordered behavior. She never concerves ammunition when shooting is impratical due to the distance or situation, such as being on a boat, since there isn't any reason to fire at targets that can't get to you and are easily dodged anyway.

I've noticed how very cramped most environments are. There isn't a whole lot of room to maneuver, and it can be extremely frustrating to be backed into a corner, without enough ammunition to defend myself with. Often there are other places to go to, but the place I am in is the most ideal to defend from, yet the ammo is out there, not by me. This is certainly part of the challenge, but it really saps my desire to play when overwhelming numbers of enemies overwhelm me again and again.

I hate the boss fights. Some are exceedingly easy. Some are very difficult due to the stupidity of Sheva.

I don't like the controls much. I am unhappy at the change in the series. All I have wanted since I first starting playing resident evil, a billion years ago when I was in highschool, that is, 2002 RE Zero, is simply streamlined, updated controls. More action elements sound good. I wanted a useful knife, integrated into the kit, rather than taking up inventory slots, and more things to give the play an edge for survival, but not a massive overhaul. The overhaul that has been used in RE 4-5 I do not think moves over to action properly anyway. I actually have found resident evil 4 to be far MORE difficult than the older ones. I realize I am most likely in the minority in this, but I am not very good at video games anyway.

Upgrades. Well I love the fact that there are fewer weapons. But I think the weapons should all be far more powerful, with far fewer upgrades. I don't like it that getting tactically sound upgrades ensures the player's survival. I also find having to deal with too many weapons and not enough slots since I don't know what exactly to bring, and winning virtually the whole mission only to be mercilessly pwned by an enemy that certain weapons are best at fighting is a real turn off.

There is not enough room in the inventory. I also realize this is a part of Resident Evil's gameplay. But the damn thing should have seperate compartments for separate items. (and more space of course). using hotkeys to change weapons often ends me up holding boxes of ammunition which generally don't do much against hordes of angry guys with homicidal parasites controlling their brains.

The setting of RE 5 is interesting but not interesting enough. RE 4 had some incredible environments. They were much scarier. gloomy and medieval environments really were immersive. So far I am only impressed with the ruins, which is where I am now in 5. But even they seem somewhat lackluster. It doesn't feel particularly exotic. The ruins feel too massive to be realistic. I don't mean I want less ruins. I want more, but not jumbo sized. It would have been much creepier and more beautiful if they had modeled the ruins off of Kushite material culture, in my opinion.

The story... Well I kind of know the game's story. I was too impatient to wait until I finished. I must say, wtf is with Wesker's improving the human race nonsense? I am not going to comment on RE and every media that makes zombies and super bio-weapons through mutations that regenerate in seconds. This is already grossly unscientific. Unleashing a global plague of mind controlling parasites would in no way improve the human genome. trying to use a virus, "parasite", or any form of pathogen that causes extreme mutations will do one thing, leave mountains of corpses, not superhumans. a massive plague of cancer really. But even working within the framework Sci/Fi and/or horror, this still makes little sense. What is the purpose of using parasites? Shouldn't it be viruses? Parasites cannot alter DNA anyway. it also assumes that no one will have an immune system that won't emerge victorious. and to add one final comment. The T/G/ whatever virus would need to be able to target a select number of cells for reproduction, and the rest for dna alteration. this is a problem though, since it would require the virus destroy half of the persons' in question's cells in order to alter all dna, which won't work because it would leave a dead man, (half of a dead man) around.

Friend, Uroboros is a virus, not a parasite. And since it has T-Veronica, G-Virus and mostly made up of the progenitor virus, it alters DNA, allowing the ones compatible with the virus to achieve superior powers. Perhaps it also offered signifant increase to those who could adapt with its intelligence, but I guess that was never explained. And of course, Wesker being the schemer that he was, the failures left with those who weren't compatible, they were probably going to be killed by some sort of contingency plan. Wesker planned everything to a tee, but since his plan never succeeded we never saw it. And as to his motivations, what else was there left for Wesker? he had all the power he could want, I don't see an individual like him pursuing money, plus he already had tons when he achieved Tricell's loyalty. His ambition knew no limits, that's why he attempted the greatest feat. Create the world and become a god.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh it seems I misunderstood. I thought he wanted to release Las Plagas. I do remember Urosboros but I was under the impression it was a parasite.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm

I haven't played RE5 on ages, but if I think about it all I remember is the good memories of my gameplay.

Never really had a problem with ammunition though, the best way to conserve ammo is to shoot the zombies where they would stagger so to perform a melee attack.

Sheva can be improved by limiting her to two weapons. Back then I gave her a pistol, which is actually just the first one provided, upgraded a few times. That, along with either an Assault Rifle or Sub Machine gun upgraded.

I would have the best upgraded weapons according to my play style. I had the best shotgun and rifle. That way it did not really take up much space (along with the ammo) with a couple of herbs. You can always use Sheva as a bank.

I do agree that most environments are cramped, it does get frustrating when you're cornered and there is ammo less than 50 metres away. Bedore you could even get there, you'd die or have such a low health.

Limit yourself to 3 weapons, nicely upgraded pistol for close quarters. Shotgun for powerful zombies or if when it gets a little too crowded. A sniper rifle for long shots.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

Playstation Network xXLittleDragonXx

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Team Slayers player kill is my only issue besides there being no reasons to play story after platinum
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 pm

How the heck do I beat the wormy man in the laboratory? I did beat him, with cheats =P. Because I am a noob. I guess I am bad at games but I am finding this game to be overwhelming even on easy.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:07 pm

I read until I saw that even on easy you barely have enough ammo. Really, the only thing that can be said to you is that you need to keep playing games to get better. You should never have too little ammo in any difficulty in RE5. They hand that shit out like candy. Practice and get better.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Cerberus
Cerberus
ozzman

Playstation Network xXLittleDragonXx

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 am

^ ammo for magnum was rare , but i did struggle a bit with bosses the first playthrough..... then i learned to melee
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:45 am

King Saul wrote:
How the heck do I beat the wormy man in the laboratory? I did beat him, with cheats =P. Because I am a noob. I guess I am bad at games but I am finding this game to be overwhelming even on easy.
Lead him to the incinerator, close the door, let him burn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 am

No not that one. I beat him a long time ago. I mean the wormy guy when you are in the African laboratory. Wesker's girlfriend unleashes him on you.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:54 am

King Saul wrote:
No not that one. I beat him a long time ago. I mean the wormy guy when you are in the African laboratory. Wesker's girlfriend unleashes him on you.
Oh, him. There's a flamethrower on the wall. You have to burninate the thing to death. After the flamethrower is out of fuel, you can put it back on the wall to refill.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 am

oh dammit. This game is just too hard. The enemies have become so overpowered. Massive bugs take enormous amounts of damage. Masses of licker looking creatures have far more health than before. I am on easy and I don't know how the hell anyone actually can succeed on high difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:31 am

King Saul wrote:
oh dammit. This game is just too hard. The enemies have become so overpowered. Massive bugs take enormous amounts of damage. Masses of licker looking creatures have far more health than before. I am on easy and I don't know how the hell anyone actually can succeed on high difficulties.
There's a strategy for each enemy. With the Reapers (the bug like creatures) you have to wait for their soft spot to open, which means the white things in it's stomach and arms. If you miss it just spreads that weird green gas. Hitting the spots only a few times kills them. Now, with the Lickers, you have to shoot them to flip them over. When they are on their backs, walk up to them and press the melee button when the game tells you so. Doing that stabs them in the heart, killing them instantly.

You just need some practice, that's all. The game's not that hard even on Veteran. Pro, on the other hand, is pure hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)   RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC) Empty

Back to top Go down

RE 5 Issues Discussion (all versions but I own PC)
Page 1 of 1