HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight

Go down 
+8
Outbreakgirl
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
PAULSAMSON
NiteKrawler
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Alice Clone 6
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Alice Clone 6
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alice Clone 6

Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight Empty
PostSubject: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 am

Quote :
A teenager was found dead in an Internet cafe in Taiwan after reportedly playing a video game for 40 hours straight.

The 18-year-old, who has only been identified by his surname, Chuang, is believed to have collapsed during a marathon session of Diablo 3.

On the morning of July 15, an attendant entered the room and found Chuang resting on a table. After the attendant woke him, he stood, took a few steps and then collapsed, reports said.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

Police were investigating the cause of death and an autopsy was being carried out.

It is the second death from playing video games in the country this year.

In February, a man in New Taipei was found dead, slumped in a chair facing a computer with his arms still reaching out for the keyboard after playing for 23 hours. The cause of death was reported as cardiac arrest

I would like to give you the link. But I got this warning.

Quote :
New Membeers are not allowed to post enternal links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

If you want more information, you know what a google is. Anyway, I know the games are fun but really, to die for.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Nothing new, really. This seems to happen all the time, especially in Asia.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Yeah, they made Dragonquest games come out on weekends in Japan because if they came out during the weekdays no one would show up for work or school. They would just stay home and play Dragonquest for 72 hours straight.

Asains are weird.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Diablo 3? Worth it.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Mercy wrote:
Yeah, they made Dragonquest games come out on weekends in Japan because if they came out during the weekdays no one would show up for work or school. They would just stay home and play Dragonquest for 72 hours straight.

Asains are weird.

DraQue is really addicting....and one of the few franchises that the fans get what they ask for, Enix was gonna make a complete new type of game with more action with Dragon Quest IX but the fans made the project get cancelled and they finally made a good old traditional rpg.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm

....Taking it too far much?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Dragon Quest and Diablo 3? Nothing's new with this................ Japanese couple found dead on their house, when the cops entered the room they both lying down on the floor. Lifeless. The investigation said the two played Dragon Quest for almost 30 hours, straight.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:41 pm

..........Jeez, that's completely fanatical. The longest I've ever played a game for hours straight was KOTOR 1 when I was kid, or RE2 on my birthday (I was gonna beat Claire's disk before I went to sleep, I swore it! Razz Seriously, I started at 12:30 and didn't stop until 6 AM)
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Wow....the long i've ever played a game was six hours
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 am

I can understand playing nonstop but come on, you need to have some nutrition while doing that! Gather up some food and beverages and you'll be fine.

If pure gaming would kill you in that time there would be no 24 hour marathons, not to mention the ones that go on for days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:21 am

Indeed. They act as if the gaming itself killed the people. That's like blaming the crosswalk when someone gets hit by a vehicle...
Back to top Go down
Alice Clone 6
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alice Clone 6

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:08 am

Maybe we need to play a long game with each other for 100 hours non-stop. How about it outbreakgirl?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:54 pm

WTF. I know video games are enjoyable, but seriously get some exercise! I could never play for 40 let alone 2-4 without some kind of break in between. Just like guns, Video Games don't kill people, stupid people kill themselves or others.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight Big-Boss-Salute
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 pm

I've clocked a lot of hours in various games but know when to stop and take a break. In fact everyone should have the common sense to know when they should give it a rest.

So this does not surprise me at all.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:33 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
I've clocked a lot of hours in various games but know when to stop and take a break. In fact everyone should have the common sense to know when they should give it a rest.

So this does not surprise me at all.

Yes, and I guess they are old enough to know what's right and what is wrong and they should not butchering them selves for playing a couple of hours and starve their own selves to death. It's all their fault. Not the games.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 pm

A lot of people choose to blame games. Just like people blame certain movies and shows/cartoons on TV for why kids act violently. Where are their parents to correct them when they act up in such a way? It's also stupid to pretty much say that your children are going to grow up in accordance with what they watched as a child.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:10 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
A lot of people choose to blame games. Just like people blame certain movies and shows/cartoons on TV for why kids act violently. Where are their parents to correct them when they act up in such a way? It's also stupid to pretty much say that your children are going to grow up in accordance with what they watched as a child.
That's retarded yet true. When the Columbine shooting occurred people blamed rock music and violent video games instead of... You know, blaming the actual kids who had shot up their high school. I grew up playing Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil, I'm not ripping people's spines out or shooting the neighbor's dogs.
Back to top Go down
the_darkest_one
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
the_darkest_one

Playstation Network darkwolf_howl23

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm

dude I dont think him playing a game that long had ANYTHING to do with his death, I think he may have had some kind of pre existing health problem or something. cmon games kill ppl? thats about as true as "weed is deadly" LMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight   Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight Empty

Back to top Go down

Gamer dies after playing 40 hours straight
Page 1 of 1