Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The RE2 Rocket Launcher

Go down 
+3
DXP
Valentine Fan
Evil Rage42
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

The RE2 Rocket Launcher Empty
PostSubject: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 pm

I was playing RE2 earlier this morning and I noticed that the Rocket Launcher looks very similar to the FIM-92 Stinger. The thing about it is that the stinger is not supposed to be used to kill things on the ground. It is used in the military to lock on and shoot down air support. So then, why did RE2 use it in a way that it is not supposed to be used. I don't even think that it can fire without a specific lock on of a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Evil Rage42 wrote:
I was playing RE2 earlier this morning and I noticed that the Rocket Launcher looks very similar to the FIM-92 Stinger. The thing about it is that the stinger is not supposed to be used to kill things on the ground. It is used in the military to lock on and shoot down air support. So then, why did RE2 use it in a way that it is not supposed to be used. I don't even think that it can fire without a specific lock on of a vehicle.

Maybe because they wanted to go with a new model for the Rocket Launcher? Besides, its a video game. Logic doesn't exist at times
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Evil Rage42 wrote:

If that's the case explain why in Metal Gear Solid its used to blow the hell out of Metal Gear Rex and the last time I remember seeing that it couldn't fly. =P its game logic never look too much into it as its not supposed to make sense.
Back to top Go down
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 pm

It's funny how everybody keeps saying "game logic". The stinger is in CALL OF DUTY. It's a game. It can only lock onto air support.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Evil Rage42 wrote:
It's funny how everybody keeps saying "game logic". The stinger is in CALL OF DUTY. It's a game. It can only lock onto air support.

Oh dear......Because COD is so realistic that being shot in the game kills you in the real world it might be in COD but how realistic is that game? A game is a game if you want realism in a combat sim like that I would suggest Arma not COD which is aimed more at blowing the shit out of everything and don't take a game seriously especially that series.

I'll go one further how can a 19 year old college student(Claire) who has no military training whatsoever lift up a rocket launcher and fire it at Mr X? its of course game logic.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 am

DXP wrote:
Evil Rage42 wrote:

If that's the case explain why in Metal Gear Solid its used to blow the hell out of Metal Gear Rex and the last time I remember seeing that it couldn't fly. =P its game logic never look too much into it as its not supposed to make sense.
Because the Nikita isn't a Stinger, it's a fictional device created for the game.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:01 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

Because the Nikita isn't a Stinger, it's a fictional device created for the game.

Uh....You do know that the stinger is also in MGS right?:
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/FIM-92_Stinger It's used to take down the Hind-D and Metal Gear Rex at the end otherwise your screwed trying to take both of them on with just the NIKITA =P
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 am

DXP wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Uh....You do know that the stinger is also in MGS right?:
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/FIM-92_Stinger and afaik a NIKITA has never being used in COD of all things.
Yes, I knew that. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. Suspect
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:06 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

Ok so if what I said before is fact why did you assume I was referring to the NIKITA? =S
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:08 am

DXP wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Ok so if what I said before is fact why did you assume I was referring to the NIKITA? scratch
That response was actually meant to be satirical. Wink
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

That response was actually meant to be satirical. Wink

Ah ok doke Smile
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 am

Right, not exactly relating to the thread but it's just a quick question and it's really not worth making a new thread...

I have RE2 on PS3, I played through it last night just to unlock the infinite Rocket Launcher. Completed first scenario in 2 hours 3 minutes, made 3 saves, used 0 aid sprays and got a Rank A. No Rocket Launcher. Pretty sure I did everything I needed to?

Anyone know why that might be?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:43 am

DXP wrote:
A game is a game if you want realism in a combat sim like that I would suggest Arma not COD
I love you man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:54 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
Right, not exactly relating to the thread but it's just a quick question and it's really not worth making a new thread...

I have RE2 on PS3, I played through it last night just to unlock the infinite Rocket Launcher. Completed first scenario in 2 hours 3 minutes, made 3 saves, used 0 aid sprays and got a Rank A. No Rocket Launcher. Pretty sure I did everything I needed to?

Unfortunately it's been years since I unlocked those, so I have no idea. Sorry I can't be of help. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:03 am

DXP wrote:
A game is a game if you want realism in a combat sim like that I would suggest Arma not COD

Let's get married >:B Mass is the bestman. GHNGNNGNHNHNNGNGN

Dat Arma
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:

Unfortunately it's been years since I unlocked those, so I have no idea. Sorry I can't be of help. Crying or Very sad

In the same boat completely! I think i might have completed it on easy instead of normal, I'll go through it again on normal soon. bounce
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I love you man.

Laughing it's true though isn't it I love how people use COD as an example of realism when its no way in hell realistic at all like pretty much every video game minus Arma that is if I remember endorsed by the US Army? So the stinger is used on aircraft but no when a 19 year old Claire Redfield aims one without having any military training at all we get people saying how unrealistic it is compared to COD.... oh lord, What's next? Dead Rising is unrealistic because the zombie modes in COD are more realistic?...

Methsia wrote:

Let's get married >:B Mass is the bestman. GHNGNNGNHNHNNGNGN

Dat Arma

Dat Arma indeed can't wait until the steam sales start so I can get me some arma for Day Z. =P
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:19 am

DXP wrote:
Dat Arma indeed can't wait until the steam sales start so I can get me some arma for Day Z. =P
Just don't forget to get the Combined Ops Razz I'm so getting this too and we can all destroy things in a team.

...or die of thirst after a night from running away from said things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:09 pm

DXP wrote:
that is if I remember endorsed by the US Army?
No, Arma isn't endorsed by the US Army. That'd be America's Army that you're thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RE2 Rocket Launcher   The RE2 Rocket Launcher Empty

Back to top Go down

The RE2 Rocket Launcher
Page 1 of 1