HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.

Go down 
+2
NiteKrawler
Vandal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  Empty
PostSubject: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:09 pm

DC Douglas is coming to Florida Super Con (FSC) this year, I intend to bother the crap out of him, and interview him. Would any of you like for me to ask him any of your questions?

Post them here.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:28 pm

You can let him know that not all fans hate his voice acting. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:47 pm

I liked his voice acting too, though I'm sure he knows that. If the fans didn't like him he wouldn't come back. It's more economical than you think; if he had a bad reception, whoever was castig the VO's would find someone new; the fact that he did extra voice over material for Wesker was to appeal to his fans like the voice mails, old spice commercial, pseudo-bloopers for Resodent Evil 5, as well as the "funny goodbye" as a response to Resident Evil 6.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:08 pm

I didn't think he did a bad job with his voice. I don't know where all of the hate for him comes from.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:55 pm

It comes from how he sounds like a cheap ripoff, indeed the bootleg version of Waugh's Wesker. Who is far superior.

Douglas makes the character sound pretty damn stupid sometimes. Waugh had a couple of laughable moments in CVX, otherwise superb. And I was simply talking about his laughing in CVX.

When I hear his voice I do still think Wesker, but a different Wesker. It's a shame how little continuity we have with RE's voices.

Just when you get used to them, BAM! You got a twat who sounds like a fake-wannabe-british douche, when that's not Wesker at all.

And just for the record, while Douglas fails when it comes to providing the voice for Al, he seems like a cool dude on the whole. Very appreciative of being given the role, and has some other work that he's done that is really nice, but Wesker had a VA who was a memorable and important as Allyson Court or Sally Cahill.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Spike991 wrote:
It comes from how he sounds like a cheap ripoff, indeed the bootleg version of Waugh's Wesker. Who is far superior.

Douglas makes the character sound pretty damn stupid sometimes. Waugh had a couple of laughable moments in CVX, otherwise superb. And I was simply talking about his laughing in CVX.

When I hear his voice I do still think Wesker, but a different Wesker. It's a shame how little continuity we have with RE's voices.

Just when you get used to them, BAM! You got a twat who sounds like a fake-wannabe-british douche, when that's not Wesker at all.

And just for the record, while Douglas fails when it comes to providing the voice for Al, he seems like a cool dude on the whole. Very appreciative of being given the role, and has some other work that he's done that is really nice, but Wesker had a VA who was a memorable and important as Allyson Court or Sally Cahill.
I actually prefer Douglas over Waugh. Waugh always sounds like his mouth is full of cotton balls.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I didn't think he did a bad job with his voice. I don't know where all of the hate for him comes from.

I'll give you one name. SPIKE991
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 pm

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I actually prefer Douglas over Waugh. Waugh always sounds like his mouth is full of cotton balls.

At least it sounds genuine. Douglas constantly sounds overtly fake and completely takes me out of the scene. And "mouth is full of cotton balls"? Can you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Spike991 wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

At least it sounds genuine. Douglas constantly sounds overtly fake and completely takes me out of the scene. And "mouth is full of cotton balls"? Can you elaborate?
Just what I said, fill your mouth with cotton balls and say a couple of his lines and bingo, you've got Richard Waugh. I really don't know how I can really elaborate more about it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Alright, I'll let him know that his predecessors sound like they have their mouth stuffed with cotton balls and Spike seems to be the only one here who doesn't really like him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.    Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting with DC Douglas at FSC this year.
Page 1 of 1