Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The God Delusion

Go down 
+7
chocotricks
PAULSAMSON
Methsia
00biohazard
Sargent D
Spike991
NiteKrawler
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

The God Delusion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:42 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
If your godforsaken European ancestor pirates wouldnt have raped my lands and killed my people, and whitewashed them with the lies of the white jewish saviour, my country wouldnt worship the christian god in the first place. I believe in god, but not mankind´s definition of it. The rest, the church, the crusades, well, you just have to do a little reading on that dontcha? (in Forest Gump´s voice) and that´s all I´ve got to say about that.

Are you talking to me, or Jill? Trust me, I know about the Crusades.

To whom it may concern.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:24 pm

chocotricks wrote:
THE UNIVERSE IS TOO MASSIVE AND CONFUSING FOR MANKIND TO EVER FULLY UNDERSTAND I AM ALSO SPEAKING LOUDLY, BANANA!-

i agree,the universe itself is to complicated and complex to any human fully understand
i do believe in god(not the religious point of view,i think organized religion does more harm then good)
but i dont think science or anyone else has the morals to say that good doesnt exist
or that the probabilities are nearly non existant)there are a lot of things whe cant understand
and problably never will,just like life itself,whe have to have a purpose in our own existance,whe have
to be here for a reason,i believe god is more a representation of all living things,the universe
and things that whe cannot explain or understand(much deeper then finding a cure for cancer e.t.c)
but that said,i dont believe in afterlife,our own Conscientiousness,self awarenes and emotions
are all there because of this thing that whe call a brain,when that organ dies so does our Conscientiousness
and the ideia of a "soul" just sounds a litle bit stupid to me

live and let live Smile
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I implore you to question your own beliefs as much as possible.
No thanks, i'll pass on that. Like I said, nothing will question me as to what I believe in. And if that makes me seem blind and ignorant to you, then so be it. I'm also not going to hate or question your views because I'm not that kind of person.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Ive reached Nirvana already. Did it last week.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:24 pm

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
i dont think science or anyone else has the morals to say that the probabilities are nearly non existant)

Yes, we can. Just research it yourself. Read the book.

Jill Sandwich wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I implore you to question your own beliefs as much as possible.
No thanks, i'll pass on that. Like I said, nothing will question me as to what I believe in. And if that makes me seem blind and ignorant to you, then so be it. I'm also not going to hate or question your views because I'm not that kind of person.

I don't assume anyone with a religious belief is stupid. Some of the most intelligent people in the world are religious in some way. (Though statistically, the higher your IQ the less likely you are to be religious.) I'm also not of the belief that if you are religious you will somehow be screwed after you die. This is actually a big thing that theists bring up when arguing with atheists. They tell us, "Well what if you are wrong? You should at least believe in God just in case he is real because if he is and you are wrong, you go to Hell. But if he isn't real and you are wrong, no big deal." But honestly, how can we as atheists force ourselves to believe in something that we just don't believe in? And won't God see through our facade?

@Jill: I want to say I have absolutely no problem with most religious people. I know a few extremely genuinely nice people who are deeply religious (both christian). Then only time I ever have a problem with a religious person or group is when they start negatively affecting others because of their beliefs. Like anti-gay ideals, anti-Semitic ideals, the idea of women submitting to men, that kind of stuff.

Finally,
what if you're wrong?
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:19 am

i might read it(i read some pieces of the book),but i still have the same opinion
i dont really believe anyone has the knowledge to assume that god doesnt exist for shure,whe used to think the earth whas flat,try to tell those people frown centuries ago that it wasnt,i dont think any man or science will be ever able to afirm that good doesnt exist without some serious evidences,its just teories at the end of the day,btw the ideia of god in christians is really stupid,hell,heaven that is just bs imo,their religion its quite "convinient" in a lot of ways,and they lost the thrue message that they were tryng to introduce to people a long time ago,what is "god" exactly,whe will never know,"god" its just a subject that whe will never understand,god itself might not exist,but another "entity",look at the universe,the whay whe conect with each other e.t.c,everything is so surreal when you think about it,even if "god"doesnt exist all of this has to have a purpose

btw, a really god channel on yotube is theamazingatheist

but whe all have different opinions,live and let live
cheers

edit:btw my beliefs are very directed towards Pantheism
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:33 am

I love that guy!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I love that guy!!! Laughing

lulz,he is a funny fat dude

lulz
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I've seen a video of him about sexism.

Best few minutes of my life.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Methsia wrote:
I've seen a video of him about sexism.

Best few minutes of my life.

best video he has by far

but go make me sandwich please

jk
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:07 pm

The earth is flat, stupid.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:23 pm

Spike991 wrote:

sorry dude,my bad

but yeah everybody knows that anyway
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:16 pm

i might read it(i read some pieces of the book),but i still have the same opinion
i dont really believe anyone has the knowledge to assume that god doesnt exist for shure,whe used to think the earth whas flat,try to tell those people frown centuries ago that it wasnt,i dont think any man or science will be ever able to afirm that good doesnt exist without some serious evidences,its just teories at the end of the day,btw the ideia of god in christians is really stupid,hell,heaven that is just bs imo,their religion its quite "convinient" in a lot of ways,and they lost the thrue message that they were tryng to introduce to people a long time ago,what is "god" exactly,whe will never know,"god" its just a subject that whe will never understand,god itself might not exist,but another "entity",look at the universe,the whay whe conect with each other e.t.c,everything is so surreal when you think about it,even if "god"doesnt exist all of this has to have a purpose

but whe all have different opinions,live and let live
cheers

edit:btw my beliefs are very directed towards Pantheism

This is basically what I wrote beforehand, on the pages before, it is the epitome of human arrogance to state god does not exist. Even if Nite says thats just like saying fairies exist, (which sounds like mockery to me) its just not possible to understand everything in this world. Im afraid to say it, but I agree with musculo lol.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I take it you are a active member in the flat earth society? *troll face*
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:48 pm

In all seriousness the earth really is flat
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:50 pm

chocotricks wrote:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:50 pm

chocotricks wrote:

I fell off once Sad
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Kino_00 wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

I fell off once Sad

NEVER AGAIN,i tell you those space cows are horrible
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:47 pm

00biohazard wrote:

This is basically what I wrote beforehand, on the pages before, it is the epitome of human arrogance to state god does not exist. Even if Nite says thats just like saying fairies exist, (which sounds like mockery to me) its just not possible to understand everything in this world. Im afraid to say it, but I agree with musculo lol.

I hope everyone here realizes I am not saying God does not exist 100%. No one can truly say that. I am not saying that. Okay? I'm not saying it. I'm not. Saying it. Anyway, there is just as much evidence for fairies as there is for God. Plain and simple. I'm not making a joke. And if I were, it wouldn't be funny. Saying that there is as much evidence for rat faced leprechauns is funny however. Because rat faces are funny.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

I hope everyone here realizes I am not saying God does not exist 100%. No one can truly say that. I am not saying that. Okay? I'm not saying it. I'm not. Saying it. Anyway, there is just as much evidence for fairies as there is for God. Plain and simple. I'm not making a joke. And if I were, it wouldn't be funny. Saying that there is as much evidence for rat faced leprechauns is funny however. Because rat faces are funny.

yeah,thats the thing there is no evidence
they are only teories,and whe are just humans whe dont know everything
there are a lot of subjects that surpass our knowledge,and the ideia of good is so darn complex(what is "god"anyway,whe know that whe must have a purpose for our own existance,it would make no sense if whe "just hapenned to exist, it goes MUCH further then that,so much it would be like a rat tryng to understand us),no one can afirm for shure that god doesnt exist,because the ideia of what is god, is not even knewed yet,its obvious that the christian god isnt right,because this "god" ideals are to much personal,convenient and based in human moral

at the end of the day all whe can do is especulate

cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm

You are correct. And that is really the aim of Dawkins' book. To make people realize that there is just no evidence for God, so how does it make sense to believe in God at all, let alone kill over God? It will never really make any sense to me why a christian thinks their religion is the right one or why a Muslim thinks theirs is and so on and so on.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:01 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
You are correct. And that is really the aim of Dawkins' book. To make people realize that there is just no evidence for God, so how does it make sense to believe in God at all, let alone kill over God? It will never really make any sense to me why a christian thinks their religion is the right one or why a Muslim thinks theirs is and so on and so on.

i agree,christians and muslims think their religion is the right one
because they were raised believing that,and that is correct it doesnt make sense
to believe in god in a certain way,just like i said all whe can do is especulate anyway
Back to top Go down
Ylwizaker
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Ylwizaker

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

The only person I really follow when it comes to this subject is Sam Harris.

His book The Moral Landscape explains what morality is, "where it came from", and how we can determine truths about morality scientifically.

His books The End of Faith and Letter to a Christian Nation show why belief without evidence is extremely dangerous and how we will never truly move forward unless we can get past this. Too many people around the world are suffering, and too much progress is being stopped because of blind faith.

His book Free Will explains how we don't have 'Free Will'. But the only thing about acknowledging this is we should hate people less. If someone does something terrible, we can still throw them in jail to keep them away from society, but we shouldn't hate them. We could create a more empathetic society.

IMO the dude's a genius and I love his writing and lectures. Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

You should give Dawkins a try. I will look into Harris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The God Delusion   The God Delusion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The God Delusion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic-
Jump to: