HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Should RE games become more specialized?

Go down 
+8
TeRoR KiD
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Vandal
00biohazard
PAULSAMSON
Sargent D
Monster Mash
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm

HOT!! *Ahem* Anyway, you're right. His hair is longer on RE4 and you can really see the age difference. And yes I understand people change through the years, and he was highly trained, but you have admit that Leon was still pretty cliche in 4.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 15g8prm

What were you guys saying about Leon not aging? and looking the same as he does in DSC then he does in RE4? In DSC he looks way younger and inexperienced than in RE4. He aged, and the fact that they used Leons model from RE4 and made it look younger, and giving him the same VA to give continuity makes me tip my hat to CAPCOM.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 am

If only they put that sort of thought into his outfit. While he had Paul Mercier voicing him, and they kept the appearance he had by RE4, and even made it look younger, I still can't get over how he isn't even supposed to have that knife sheeth on his torso.

It's always been a Redfield tradition in RE, Chris and Claire. Leon had this in RE4, but that was only after his experience with Claire in Raccoon, which is more than likely where he adopted it.

But since they used Leon's RPD uniform as a secondary outfit in RE4, they had the knife holster, but have since retained it when lazily reusing his RE4 character model with the alternate RPD uniform. It's just lazy and annoying.

Same with Ada and her RE4 Mercs outfit, and same goes for HUNK too.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Resident evil 4 killed the series for me. It became action. RE was never an action game. You hardly had any ammunition, enemies took a beating. Hell, REmake on hard mode, it took nearly a full clip of the Beretta to put a zombie down, only for it to come back as a damn crimson head.

In my opinion, RE shouldve changed after CVX. Outbreak showed how dated the system got.

However, in my eyes, RE shouldve kept the over the shoulder perspective, but improved the speed and agility of the character. I mean, Umbella could have found a way to utilise the T-virus to skip to the V-ACT stage. Crimson heads were faster, more agile.

I always felt the characters ran too slow. When there was a hunter, I hated how i felt like a slow tank stumbling around it. It shouldve been a more refined movement of ORC.

Imagine it. over the shoulder perspective in the Spencers Mansion. Your down to your last 8 rounds in your Beretta, a hunter is charging at you and leaps. I shouldve been able to duck underneath onto my knees, scramble up and bolt through the door.

The games were never scary in frightening terms, it was more panic, because I had little ammunition, I had little health. I feared encountering an enemy because I would die and lose 2 hours of my game. There needed to be urgency in surviving.

I wouldnt mind upping the pace. Zombies are suppose to be slow, but there was some that charged at you. I liked sprinting in ORC and barging through some zombies. I think, from ORC, the control scheme if tidied up and improved, would've been a solid foundation to build on, providing they tone the ammunition down again, add the atmosphere, and horror back.

What made the originals miles better than 4 and 5 and revelations, was the fact that you learned the story when the character did. It was asif you WERE Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. You knew as much as they did. The story was miles better. It felt relatable.

REmake felt asif it could happen in real life. It had an air of reality. Wesker wasn't some super human, matrix/neo bullshit dodging bullets and going faster than the speed of light with tentacles. He was a brilliantly intelligent man. He was smart, cunning and slick. Which is why I hate RE5 for destroying his character to something of a mere pantomime villain with laughable boss fights. Aside from Chris punching boulders. It was utter travesty and they destroyed Chris, Wesker, and IMO RE4 destroyed leon and turned him into some asshat with no personality. When I remember him as a young police officer striving to protect and serve, striving to do the right thing and save people. Suddenly he became this douche bag so to speak who was smart quipping, had no fear, just plugged everything with bullets. That wasn't leon and that wasn't RE.

No, RE became more action packed with RE3, and then CVX after it. RE4 didn't introduce action.

RE3 had sped up gameplay and more action but retained the survival aspect and horror aspect. Also, RE3 still didnt have alot of enemies. It needed more due to its setting on the streets, the RPD wouldnt have as many enemies as out in the Streets.

But think of how many zombies there were in the streets on RE3. The first RE4 scene theres no less than 20 enemies. From Dario to the RPD i believe there as about the same. But thats 6 different areas to RE4's single opening. There was more enemies in RE3 because the people died on the streets, but there still wasn't half as many asin RE4. Body count in RE4 was easily in the hundreds. REmake i dont think had more than 50 enemies , much less even. I think there was only 6 chimeras. RE3 had more variety from hunter B and Gamma, demois and Brain sucker etc. But the number of those were so minute.

RE4 though haf one of my fave creatures; Novistadors! Just didnt like the invisible thing, angered me in Revelations that Farafello went stealth Solid Snake style

Yes, the people did die in the streets and everywhere else within the city, however, in RE4 you're traveling farther and are going to more areas and are bound to encounter more enemies regardless. Especially when they're being controlled and sent after you which marks you as a target. Just like with Jill and Nemesis in RE3 where he was after her and you had to keep running. Unless you had the ammo and were able to avoid him long enough for him to drop. You were being hunted in both games by something. With how persistent the enemies were after you and in RE4 with them being smarter they were harder to avoid and get away from. Zombies you could run around easily and avoid.

I'll admit if the main games were kinda like in Outbreak where you have a lack in ammo and herbs and can turn regular objects, such as pipes and the like into usable weapons it would be more terrifying! In Outbreak and Outbreak File#2 some of those weapons you picked up even had a limit to how much stress they could handle. The pipes would bend and the crutches and brooms would bust apart after so long making them no longer usable. Hell you could even pick up the left over sticks of certain things and throw them and use household knives. I found the axe in Flashback a rather nice weapon to pick up when I found it too.

I agree with you and what your saying. I just mean that it became abit over the top in RE4 in the sense that where did all these enemies come from? I get the village at the start. but it just sempt like they kept coming, and coming and coming from nowhere.

That and the fact that they dropped tons of ammunition I just didnt grasp that. It would've been much, much better if you hardly had any ammunition, but then I wanted a game which I had to survive on limited resources and be strategic with my movements like RE of old. I enjoyed playing the hell out of RE4, it was a great, great game, it just shouldn't have been calld Resident Evil in my eyes, it should've been a new franchise.

If you're referring to areas such as the waterfall and the like I wouldn't doubt that Saddler had placed them there knowing Leon would go there to find what he needed in order to enter the church and retrieve Ashley. And if you remember correctly it was a very large scale area that was actually 'ruled over' by Ramon Salazar's family. There could have been other villages infected that Saddler pulled to him. The fact that they were also experimenting could mean anything really.

And an easy solution for your 'too much ammo being dropped' crisis; Don't pick it up? I mean really if the enemies dropping so much ammo, and you don't want it, don't grab it. A lot of the times like with the normal mode companies try to make it easier for first time gamers. Someone who is new to the franchise and this is their first game they might want them to enjoy the experience and maybe look for the ones that started it all. Like I did after I played RE:CVX all the way through. I honestly believe DMC3 started that whole thing with CAPCOM trying to make some of their games easier.

Also there is Professional mode where the enemies are harder to kill and there is more of a lack in items you need. If you're familiar with the series go straight for the hardest setting you think you can handle and play on! After that go through the easiest setting. Look at this way, if you play through it on the harder mode(s) first, seeing as that appears to be what you're really after, you won't know where anything is or what to expect. Just a suggestion though.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:45 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Resident evil 4 killed the series for me. It became action. RE was never an action game. You hardly had any ammunition, enemies took a beating. Hell, REmake on hard mode, it took nearly a full clip of the Beretta to put a zombie down, only for it to come back as a damn crimson head.

In my opinion, RE shouldve changed after CVX. Outbreak showed how dated the system got.

However, in my eyes, RE shouldve kept the over the shoulder perspective, but improved the speed and agility of the character. I mean, Umbella could have found a way to utilise the T-virus to skip to the V-ACT stage. Crimson heads were faster, more agile.

I always felt the characters ran too slow. When there was a hunter, I hated how i felt like a slow tank stumbling around it. It shouldve been a more refined movement of ORC.

Imagine it. over the shoulder perspective in the Spencers Mansion. Your down to your last 8 rounds in your Beretta, a hunter is charging at you and leaps. I shouldve been able to duck underneath onto my knees, scramble up and bolt through the door.

The games were never scary in frightening terms, it was more panic, because I had little ammunition, I had little health. I feared encountering an enemy because I would die and lose 2 hours of my game. There needed to be urgency in surviving.

I wouldnt mind upping the pace. Zombies are suppose to be slow, but there was some that charged at you. I liked sprinting in ORC and barging through some zombies. I think, from ORC, the control scheme if tidied up and improved, would've been a solid foundation to build on, providing they tone the ammunition down again, add the atmosphere, and horror back.

What made the originals miles better than 4 and 5 and revelations, was the fact that you learned the story when the character did. It was asif you WERE Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. You knew as much as they did. The story was miles better. It felt relatable.

REmake felt asif it could happen in real life. It had an air of reality. Wesker wasn't some super human, matrix/neo bullshit dodging bullets and going faster than the speed of light with tentacles. He was a brilliantly intelligent man. He was smart, cunning and slick. Which is why I hate RE5 for destroying his character to something of a mere pantomime villain with laughable boss fights. Aside from Chris punching boulders. It was utter travesty and they destroyed Chris, Wesker, and IMO RE4 destroyed leon and turned him into some asshat with no personality. When I remember him as a young police officer striving to protect and serve, striving to do the right thing and save people. Suddenly he became this douche bag so to speak who was smart quipping, had no fear, just plugged everything with bullets. That wasn't leon and that wasn't RE.

No, RE became more action packed with RE3, and then CVX after it. RE4 didn't introduce action.

RE3 had sped up gameplay and more action but retained the survival aspect and horror aspect. Also, RE3 still didnt have alot of enemies. It needed more due to its setting on the streets, the RPD wouldnt have as many enemies as out in the Streets.

But think of how many zombies there were in the streets on RE3. The first RE4 scene theres no less than 20 enemies. From Dario to the RPD i believe there as about the same. But thats 6 different areas to RE4's single opening. There was more enemies in RE3 because the people died on the streets, but there still wasn't half as many asin RE4. Body count in RE4 was easily in the hundreds. REmake i dont think had more than 50 enemies , much less even. I think there was only 6 chimeras. RE3 had more variety from hunter B and Gamma, demois and Brain sucker etc. But the number of those were so minute.

RE4 though haf one of my fave creatures; Novistadors! Just didnt like the invisible thing, angered me in Revelations that Farafello went stealth Solid Snake style

Yes, the people did die in the streets and everywhere else within the city, however, in RE4 you're traveling farther and are going to more areas and are bound to encounter more enemies regardless. Especially when they're being controlled and sent after you which marks you as a target. Just like with Jill and Nemesis in RE3 where he was after her and you had to keep running. Unless you had the ammo and were able to avoid him long enough for him to drop. You were being hunted in both games by something. With how persistent the enemies were after you and in RE4 with them being smarter they were harder to avoid and get away from. Zombies you could run around easily and avoid.

I'll admit if the main games were kinda like in Outbreak where you have a lack in ammo and herbs and can turn regular objects, such as pipes and the like into usable weapons it would be more terrifying! In Outbreak and Outbreak File#2 some of those weapons you picked up even had a limit to how much stress they could handle. The pipes would bend and the crutches and brooms would bust apart after so long making them no longer usable. Hell you could even pick up the left over sticks of certain things and throw them and use household knives. I found the axe in Flashback a rather nice weapon to pick up when I found it too.

I agree with you and what your saying. I just mean that it became abit over the top in RE4 in the sense that where did all these enemies come from? I get the village at the start. but it just sempt like they kept coming, and coming and coming from nowhere.

That and the fact that they dropped tons of ammunition I just didnt grasp that. It would've been much, much better if you hardly had any ammunition, but then I wanted a game which I had to survive on limited resources and be strategic with my movements like RE of old. I enjoyed playing the hell out of RE4, it was a great, great game, it just shouldn't have been calld Resident Evil in my eyes, it should've been a new franchise.

If you're referring to areas such as the waterfall and the like I wouldn't doubt that Saddler had placed them there knowing Leon would go there to find what he needed in order to enter the church and retrieve Ashley. And if you remember correctly it was a very large scale area that was actually 'ruled over' by Ramon Salazar's family. There could have been other villages infected that Saddler pulled to him. The fact that they were also experimenting could mean anything really.

And an easy solution for your 'too much ammo being dropped' crisis; Don't pick it up? I mean really if the enemies dropping so much ammo, and you don't want it, don't grab it. A lot of the times like with the normal mode companies try to make it easier for first time gamers. Someone who is new to the franchise and this is their first game they might want them to enjoy the experience and maybe look for the ones that started it all. Like I did after I played RE:CVX all the way through. I honestly believe DMC3 started that whole thing with CAPCOM trying to make some of their games easier.

Also there is Professional mode where the enemies are harder to kill and there is more of a lack in items you need. If you're familiar with the series go straight for the hardest setting you think you can handle and play on! After that go through the easiest setting. Look at this way, if you play through it on the harder mode(s) first, seeing as that appears to be what you're really after, you won't know where anything is or what to expect. Just a suggestion though.

You have to pick the ammo up because the amount of times you get respawning enemies you must kill before you can progress onwards.

Id play proffessional mode first time. Except you have to finish the game on Normal and then it is unlocked for your second play through. So proffessional mode you know where everything is. Proffessional mode was abit of a joke and was still too easy. You still had all the ammo lying around which is good because all Pro did was make the enemies absorb even more bullets before dying and make you take more damage per hit.

I had so much spare ammo at end thats all. Maybe it was because I was playing it like Classic RE; I only used my guns when necessary and at the start I left alot of ammo because I had no space for it in my case. The knife was an utter beast in RE4. One swipe knocked 3-4 crowded ganando's down infront of you. Even in pro mode, knife the enemies and you still get 15 handgun ammo out of half of them and Psetas from the other half.

Rifle was epic for the enemies on the escelators/cart things, long range headshots, boom job done.

But like I said before, When you get the Striker and you upgrade its capacity to 100, it gives you the 100 bullets pre-loaded. Every time you upgrade capacity, it filled the clip for you which it was like, oh ok, still got 200 shotgun shells in my case....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should RE games become more specialized?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2