HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Should RE games become more specialized?

Go down 
+8
TeRoR KiD
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Vandal
00biohazard
PAULSAMSON
Sargent D
Monster Mash
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Should RE games become more specialized? Empty
PostSubject: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Let's be honest, RE was never pure survival horror, but rather always had a heavy action component. With the action side being more favored as of late, I do think it's time for a return to survival horror. But not the the survival horror that we're used to in RE, but stuff more along the lines of Amnesia, where combat is all but non-existant, and the emphasis is put on creepy atmosphere and surviving using your wits.

The thing is, this could never be done in the main series, as people who liked the action would be very disappointed and sales would probably suffer. I think after RE6, the numbering should stop, and there should instead be games that are strictly survival horror where others focus on action like RE5 and ORC. This could allow both of those styles to be utilized within the context of the series to their fullest potential, instead having to try to please everybody in a single game. We do need a return to survival horror, in a massive way, but the action side has great potential as well. Done right, we could get some epic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I agree, if RE6 has the same gameplay elements as RER then we're good to go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

From what i know Amnesia is pure horror, for something to be survival horror you have to have a limited resources of weapons and healing items
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I want survival horror. Silent Hill still sells and its 10X scarier than RE. I just want Survival horror, and leave the action to games like ORC.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 pm

If I wanted action shooter, I have a whole library of games for that, Resident Evil doesn't need to be one of them. I bought Resident Evil to feed that part of me that needs that fear factor. Lately, there hasn't been much of that in the Resident Evil series, the suppose King of Survival Horror. It would be nice for them to return for a change.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 am

Come on, RE1 and REmake are totally NOT about the action. I don't play those games to shoot zombies, I play it because the atmosphere, story, puzzles and characters.

And another thing:

Monster Mash wrote:
Let's be honest, RE was never pure survival horror
Monster Mash wrote:
I do think it's time for a return to survival horror.

How can it return to survival horror if it never was?

But your idea is interesting Smile .

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:13 am

If RE6 is what they make it be then the series is gonna do just fine.

I'll have to play it first to give my final judgement, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:57 am

All of the main games incorporated a good combination of eeriness, puzzles and the feeling of not knowing if you've been using too much ammunition until you completed it the first time (except 5 where you could buy ammo). The only game I don't feel compelled to pick up and ever play again is the fifth one.

As long as 6 is as good as 4 and gives you that urge to play it through more than once I'll continue buying their games.

All these spin offs will never be better than the original no matter what they do.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:36 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
except 5 where you could buy ammo
You could only buy grenade rounds.

I also doubt that the spinoffs are even trying to top the original as they are, you know, spinoffs.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Resident evil 4 killed the series for me. It became action. RE was never an action game. You hardly had any ammunition, enemies took a beating. Hell, REmake on hard mode, it took nearly a full clip of the Beretta to put a zombie down, only for it to come back as a damn crimson head.

In my opinion, RE shouldve changed after CVX. Outbreak showed how dated the system got.

However, in my eyes, RE shouldve kept the over the shoulder perspective, but improved the speed and agility of the character. I mean, Umbella could have found a way to utilise the T-virus to skip to the V-ACT stage. Crimson heads were faster, more agile.

I always felt the characters ran too slow. When there was a hunter, I hated how i felt like a slow tank stumbling around it. It shouldve been a more refined movement of ORC.

Imagine it. over the shoulder perspective in the Spencers Mansion. Your down to your last 8 rounds in your Beretta, a hunter is charging at you and leaps. I shouldve been able to duck underneath onto my knees, scramble up and bolt through the door.

The games were never scary in frightening terms, it was more panic, because I had little ammunition, I had little health. I feared encountering an enemy because I would die and lose 2 hours of my game. There needed to be urgency in surviving.

I wouldnt mind upping the pace. Zombies are suppose to be slow, but there was some that charged at you. I liked sprinting in ORC and barging through some zombies. I think, from ORC, the control scheme if tidied up and improved, would've been a solid foundation to build on, providing they tone the ammunition down again, add the atmosphere, and horror back.

What made the originals miles better than 4 and 5 and revelations, was the fact that you learned the story when the character did. It was asif you WERE Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. You knew as much as they did. The story was miles better. It felt relatable.

REmake felt asif it could happen in real life. It had an air of reality. Wesker wasn't some super human, matrix/neo bullshit dodging bullets and going faster than the speed of light with tentacles. He was a brilliantly intelligent man. He was smart, cunning and slick. Which is why I hate RE5 for destroying his character to something of a mere pantomime villain with laughable boss fights. Aside from Chris punching boulders. It was utter travesty and they destroyed Chris, Wesker, and IMO RE4 destroyed leon and turned him into some asshat with no personality. When I remember him as a young police officer striving to protect and serve, striving to do the right thing and save people. Suddenly he became this douche bag so to speak who was smart quipping, had no fear, just plugged everything with bullets. That wasn't leon and that wasn't RE.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 am

Well, to be honest, Leon must be one of the most well developed characters thus far. Sure, he lacked a bit in personality in Degeneration but still. He was hired by the government, trained and sent on difficult missions. Things like that tend to change people. It's not like he was gonna stay as an RPD officer anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:40 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
Resident evil 4 killed the series for me. It became action. RE was never an action game. You hardly had any ammunition, enemies took a beating. Hell, REmake on hard mode, it took nearly a full clip of the Beretta to put a zombie down, only for it to come back as a damn crimson head.

In my opinion, RE shouldve changed after CVX. Outbreak showed how dated the system got.

However, in my eyes, RE shouldve kept the over the shoulder perspective, but improved the speed and agility of the character. I mean, Umbella could have found a way to utilise the T-virus to skip to the V-ACT stage. Crimson heads were faster, more agile.

I always felt the characters ran too slow. When there was a hunter, I hated how i felt like a slow tank stumbling around it. It shouldve been a more refined movement of ORC.

Imagine it. over the shoulder perspective in the Spencers Mansion. Your down to your last 8 rounds in your Beretta, a hunter is charging at you and leaps. I shouldve been able to duck underneath onto my knees, scramble up and bolt through the door.

The games were never scary in frightening terms, it was more panic, because I had little ammunition, I had little health. I feared encountering an enemy because I would die and lose 2 hours of my game. There needed to be urgency in surviving.

I wouldnt mind upping the pace. Zombies are suppose to be slow, but there was some that charged at you. I liked sprinting in ORC and barging through some zombies. I think, from ORC, the control scheme if tidied up and improved, would've been a solid foundation to build on, providing they tone the ammunition down again, add the atmosphere, and horror back.

What made the originals miles better than 4 and 5 and revelations, was the fact that you learned the story when the character did. It was asif you WERE Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. You knew as much as they did. The story was miles better. It felt relatable.

REmake felt asif it could happen in real life. It had an air of reality. Wesker wasn't some super human, matrix/neo bullshit dodging bullets and going faster than the speed of light with tentacles. He was a brilliantly intelligent man. He was smart, cunning and slick. Which is why I hate RE5 for destroying his character to something of a mere pantomime villain with laughable boss fights. Aside from Chris punching boulders. It was utter travesty and they destroyed Chris, Wesker, and IMO RE4 destroyed leon and turned him into some asshat with no personality. When I remember him as a young police officer striving to protect and serve, striving to do the right thing and save people. Suddenly he became this douche bag so to speak who was smart quipping, had no fear, just plugged everything with bullets. That wasn't leon and that wasn't RE.

No, RE became more action packed with RE3, and then CVX after it. RE4 didn't introduce action.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 am

Spike991 wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:

No, RE became more action packed with RE3, and then CVX after it. RE4 didn't introduce action.

RE3 had sped up gameplay and more action but retained the survival aspect and horror aspect. Also, RE3 still didnt have alot of enemies. It needed more due to its setting on the streets, the RPD wouldnt have as many enemies as out in the Streets.

But think of how many zombies there were in the streets on RE3. The first RE4 scene theres no less than 20 enemies. From Dario to the RPD i believe there as about the same. But thats 6 different areas to RE4's single opening. There was more enemies in RE3 because the people died on the streets, but there still wasn't half as many asin RE4. Body count in RE4 was easily in the hundreds. REmake i dont think had more than 50 enemies , much less even. I think there was only 6 chimeras. RE3 had more variety from hunter B and Gamma, demois and Brain sucker etc. But the number of those were so minute.

RE4 though haf one of my fave creatures; Novistadors! Just didnt like the invisible thing, angered me in Revelations that Farafello went stealth Solid Snake style
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:20 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:

RE3 had sped up gameplay and more action but retained the survival aspect and horror aspect. Also, RE3 still didnt have alot of enemies. It needed more due to its setting on the streets, the RPD wouldnt have as many enemies as out in the Streets.

But think of how many zombies there were in the streets on RE3. The first RE4 scene theres no less than 20 enemies. From Dario to the RPD i believe there as about the same. But thats 6 different areas to RE4's single opening. There was more enemies in RE3 because the people died on the streets, but there still wasn't half as many asin RE4. Body count in RE4 was easily in the hundreds. REmake i dont think had more than 50 enemies , much less even. I think there was only 6 chimeras. RE3 had more variety from hunter B and Gamma, demois and Brain sucker etc. But the number of those were so minute.

RE4 though haf one of my fave creatures; Novistadors! Just didnt like the invisible thing, angered me in Revelations that Farafello went stealth Solid Snake style

Yes, the people did die in the streets and everywhere else within the city, however, in RE4 you're traveling farther and are going to more areas and are bound to encounter more enemies regardless. Especially when they're being controlled and sent after you which marks you as a target. Just like with Jill and Nemesis in RE3 where he was after her and you had to keep running. Unless you had the ammo and were able to avoid him long enough for him to drop. You were being hunted in both games by something. With how persistent the enemies were after you and in RE4 with them being smarter they were harder to avoid and get away from. Zombies you could run around easily and avoid.

I'll admit if the main games were kinda like in Outbreak where you have a lack in ammo and herbs and can turn regular objects, such as pipes and the like into usable weapons it would be more terrifying! In Outbreak and Outbreak File#2 some of those weapons you picked up even had a limit to how much stress they could handle. The pipes would bend and the crutches and brooms would bust apart after so long making them no longer usable. Hell you could even pick up the left over sticks of certain things and throw them and use household knives. I found the axe in Flashback a rather nice weapon to pick up when I found it too.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:30 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:

Yes, the people did die in the streets and everywhere else within the city, however, in RE4 you're traveling farther and are going to more areas and are bound to encounter more enemies regardless. Especially when they're being controlled and sent after you which marks you as a target. Just like with Jill and Nemesis in RE3 where he was after her and you had to keep running. Unless you had the ammo and were able to avoid him long enough for him to drop. You were being hunted in both games by something. With how persistent the enemies were after you and in RE4 with them being smarter they were harder to avoid and get away from. Zombies you could run around easily and avoid.

I'll admit if the main games were kinda like in Outbreak where you have a lack in ammo and herbs and can turn regular objects, such as pipes and the like into usable weapons it would be more terrifying! In Outbreak and Outbreak File#2 some of those weapons you picked up even had a limit to how much stress they could handle. The pipes would bend and the crutches and brooms would bust apart after so long making them no longer usable. Hell you could even pick up the left over sticks of certain things and throw them and use household knives. I found the axe in Flashback a rather nice weapon to pick up when I found it too.

I agree with you and what your saying. I just mean that it became abit over the top in RE4 in the sense that where did all these enemies come from? I get the village at the start. but it just sempt like they kept coming, and coming and coming from nowhere.

That and the fact that they dropped tons of ammunition I just didnt grasp that. It would've been much, much better if you hardly had any ammunition, but then I wanted a game which I had to survive on limited resources and be strategic with my movements like RE of old. I enjoyed playing the hell out of RE4, it was a great, great game, it just shouldn't have been calld Resident Evil in my eyes, it should've been a new franchise.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
The first RE4 scene theres no less than 20 enemies.
Actually, in the first scene of RE4 there was only one guy. Then you got outside the house and there was like what, three guys?

fernandofan08 wrote:
it just shouldn't have been calld Resident Evil in my eyes, it should've been a new franchise.
In that case we might not even have the series running anymore and Capcom would be cashing in with the new franchise.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
The first RE4 scene theres no less than 20 enemies.
Actually, in the first scene of RE4 there was only one guy. Then you got outside the house and there was like what, three guys?

fernandofan08 wrote:
it just shouldn't have been calld Resident Evil in my eyes, it should've been a new franchise.
In that case we might not even have the series running anymore and Capcom would be cashing in with the new franchise.

Yep, my mistake. Im thinking the village encounter with Dr Salvador was the first encounter after the house and the old man swings for you with the axe. Is it before or after the village that you run from the boulder?

RE4 is a great game and ive played the hell out of it. If it wasn't called Resident Evil id probably have no criticism. I gues its just a similar case to the films that it takes elements and then changes every single thing about it. The only thing noticeable in RE4 was the title and its use of Ada and Leon and wesker. Everything else was a new game and even a new franchise anyway.

its funny really. Because in the end, if they ditched Resi id be calling for a new RE game, but then id be calling for REmake played out as RE4 style. I mean, if they ever remake RE2, id want it to be RE4 perspective but everything else be RE of old.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
Im thinking the village encounter with Dr Salvador was the first encounter after the house and the old man swings for you with the axe. Is it before or after the village that you run from the boulder?
Yeah, I figured. Just wanted to correct Razz The boulder comes after the village, I think.

Quote :
The only thing noticeable in RE4 was the title and its use of Ada and Leon and wesker.
It also retained the controls and the typewriters were a nice addition. The outbreak might've been different but at least it was a nice change of pace.

Quote :
I mean, if they ever remake RE2, id want it to be RE4 perspective but everything else be RE of old.
No offense but that would be a terrible idea. The backlash from fans would be ridiculous. If they ever decide to remake 2, I hope they make it the same way as REmake.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Im thinking the village encounter with Dr Salvador was the first encounter after the house and the old man swings for you with the axe. Is it before or after the village that you run from the boulder?
Yeah, I figured. Just wanted to correct Razz The boulder comes after the village, I think.

Quote :
The only thing noticeable in RE4 was the title and its use of Ada and Leon and wesker.
It also retained the controls and the typewriters were a nice addition. The outbreak might've been different but at least it was a nice change of pace.

Quote :
I mean, if they ever remake RE2, id want it to be RE4 perspective but everything else be RE of old.
No offense but that would be a terrible idea. The backlash from fans would be ridiculous. If they ever decide to remake 2, I hope they make it the same way as REmake.

Its the compromise id accept. Capcom will never, ever go back to the cinematic fixed camera, especially with the COD crowd being aimed at.

The fans backlash over RE4 and RE5 have done bugger all. The total destruction of Leon, Chris and Wesker and the fans backlash, has done bugger all. Capcom still persist on lying to us, saying its going back to its roots, survival horror etc only to shit on us and come out a month later saying we want to take on Call of Duty. They dont care. They were happy pleasing the original fans by giving them what they want. Problem is, it did start to get stale, they needed to refresh the series, not butcher it. RE4's success, was a great game but its killed the franchise because Capcom since has chased numbers, has chased the COD/FPS/TPS crowd so they can make MORE money.

REmake 2? Id be ecstatic. REmake 3? Id be ecstatic, but as much as I want RE to go back I know it never will.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 am

I think they would still at least try to make a faithful remake. Seeing that even the original REmake did rather well they would make even better if they made it multiplatform or just a downloadable game. While I thoroughly enjoy the new angles I would not accept a remake to be that much different from the original.

Btw. I think Leon and Chris have changed a whole lot and in a good way. Character development ftw. Wesker might've been kinda meh in RE5 but I still liked him.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Quote :
I'd also like to add that Leon's story only continued where it was left after RE3.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think they would still at least try to make a faithful remake. Seeing that even the original REmake did rather well they would make even better if they made it multiplatform or just a downloadable game. While I thoroughly enjoy the new angles I would not accept a remake to be that much different from the original.

Btw. I think Leon and Chris have changed a whole lot and in a good way. Character development ftw. Wesker might've been kinda meh in RE5 but I still liked him.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Quote :
I'd also like to add that Leon's story only continued where it was left after RE3.

REmake did well because RE was in its element, RE2 and RE3 sold like hot cakes, Code veronica flew on dreamcast and it was ported to PS2 just after REmake came out.

Aside from the old fans, would there really be a market for a fixed camera, tank control RE game? Deadly premonition did brilliantly with fans, bat with critics, but it had the charm of the old RE, but incorporated the OTS perspctive.

I know leon was approached by the government in return for Sherrys supposed safety and custody. Its just the transation of his actual character. Government training suddenly made him a one man army with a twatty big headed personality with smart comments and he could suddenly fly out of windows, epic knife fight, never get scared or intimidated and just pump full of lead. I just didnt like it because suddenly he was this stereotypical 'american government agent badass who is untouchable, makes smart comments looks like a model and acts like a douche' so to speak. It was such a stereotypical videogame character.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 am

fernandofan08 wrote:

Government training suddenly made him a one man army with a twatty big headed personality with smart comments and he could suddenly fly out of windows, epic knife fight, never get scared or intimidated and just pump full of lead. I just didnt like it because suddenly he was this stereotypical 'american government agent badass who is untouchable, makes smart comments looks like a model and acts like a douche' so to speak. It was such a stereotypical videogame character.

As much as Leon is my all-time favorite (not because of RE4) I agree with you 100%. Hell even Saddler knew it too with this quote.....

''Oh, I think you know. The "American prevailing" is a cliche that only happens in your Hollywood movies. Oh Mr. Kennedy, you entertain me. To show my appreciation, I will help you awaken from your world of clichés.''
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 am

Jill Sandwich wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:

Government training suddenly made him a one man army with a twatty big headed personality with smart comments and he could suddenly fly out of windows, epic knife fight, never get scared or intimidated and just pump full of lead. I just didnt like it because suddenly he was this stereotypical 'american government agent badass who is untouchable, makes smart comments looks like a model and acts like a douche' so to speak. It was such a stereotypical videogame character.

As much as Leon is my all-time favorite (not because of RE4) I agree with you 100%. Hell even Saddler knew it too with this quote.....

''Oh, I think you know. The "American prevailing" is a cliche that only happens in your Hollywood movies. Oh Mr. Kennedy, you entertain me. To show my appreciation, I will help you awaken from your world of clichés.''

Agreed. I hate how they replace his original RE2 look with the port of the RE4 RPD costume leon.

it makes me laugh, because they changed him drastically to represent the 7 or 8 years from raccoon city.

Darkside chronicles and ORC look identical to the RE4 leon. I want to know whats his secret of looking so young for so long, but then putting all his age on in RE6 Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:21 pm

fernandofan08 wrote:
Aside from the old fans, would there really be a market for a fixed camera, tank control RE game? Deadly premonition did brilliantly with fans, bat with critics, but it had the charm of the old RE, but incorporated the OTS perspctive.
Fixed camera? Not sure, most likely only with a remake. Tank controls? Yes. RE4 & 5 had the same exact controls as the previous games, just OTS.

About Leon's personality change... have you guys ever been in the army? Just as an example, because doing the stuff that he has done changes a person. Going through all the horrors he has gone through definitely changes ones personality.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Fixed camera? Not sure, most likely only with a remake. Tank controls? Yes. RE4 & 5 had the same exact controls as the previous games, just OTS.

About Leon's personality change... have you guys ever been in the army? Just as an example, because doing the stuff that he has done changes a person. Going through all the horrors he has gone through definitely changes ones personality.

Even if Leon didn´t go through the horrors that he did (WHICH CHANGE YOU 100%) he could still have changed. He was 21 before. By RE4 hes 27. He would be a dull character if he hadn´t experienced some sort of change in his life. So Leon changing is perfectly plausible. Hell, I doubt anybody here is the same person they were 6 years ago.

And I dont know if any of you have been scared or in a sticky situation, acting brave and joking is a defense mechanism to hide your fear. Im sure at least one of you have done it once, I know I have Wink

And regarding Leon´s look

Should RE games become more specialized? Leon_Kennedy-DSCcopia

He doesnt look as tough and secure as he is in RE4, not by a longshot, but you can tell its RE4 Leon´s face, and they gave him Paul Mercier´s voice, which gave it continuity. I like how they made him look more rookie, his hairstyle is more normal here, its just parted, in RE4 its longer. You can tell the difference right away comparing Leon RE4 with the RPD costume, to Leon in DSC. They are the same character, but in DSC he looks way younger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should RE games become more specialized?   Should RE games become more specialized? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should RE games become more specialized?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next