HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?

Go down 
+6
lyfesArcanum
DeadlyGenetics
NiteKrawler
00biohazard
Spike991
PunkMaister
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm

So has anyone else beside me watched the film?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Nope. At first I thought Nite made this thread. I was gonna be all, "Shup up about the Hunter Games already, Nite".
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Nope. Never read it, never watched a trailer, and I didnt even click on your link! anyway, if its big enough, Ill probably end up watching it anyway.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Was there an unwritten rule that I violated?

This is the very last time i will post about any upcoming movie or TV show here...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Was there an unwritten rule that I violated?

Well now that you mention it...

Quote :
This is the very last time i will post about any upcoming movie or TV show here...

Honstly, don't be a drama queen. You gotta have a thick skin and some tolerance and patience round here sometimes.

Just because you're brand new thread about a new movie hasn't exploded doesn't mean the world is gonna end.

If you choose to stop posting about upcoming movies, well darn, but if you do in the future, maybe you'll get one that people really like.

Some people on here are big movie fans.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Ah shut the fuck up Spike. The Hunger Games was great! I hadn't read the books, but my girlfriend has and we went to see the midnight release. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see it in IMAX 3D as it was sold out a few days beforehand. I have only seen the movie so please don't go spoiling anything past that for me. But I agree about Katniss, she is a pretty amazing character. She is very human and she is definitely up there with my favorite heroine's now. In fact, I am thinking about getting back into archery because of her.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:20 am

I haven't seen the movie or read any of the books. I think I will now as I have a couple of friends telling me it's good and it seems to be getting good reviews thus far.

I'll be checking the books first!
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 pm

I have problems with The Hunger Games. Big ones...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:06 pm

lol wut?
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 pm

I for one have an unbelievably hard time wrapping my head around the concept of it. Even though it's not on original idea, it's certainly got it's own twists. But for me to be a fan I'd need an explanation of what happened. More than just "There was a big (nuclear?) war, and now a few people rule over the rest in what used to be the US." I need to know what, exactly, happened, to make people so fucked up that something such as kids killing each other is looked on as entertainment. Seriously, like at what point did people throw away their humanity?
I could go on for longer, but that's the gist of it right there.
That being said, the film was well made in certain aspects. The music was great, and I very much enjoyed the non-ending. I did find some of the editing and camerawork unnecessary, but it was the directors first action endeavor, so that's to be expected.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
I for one have an unbelievably hard time wrapping my head around the concept of it. Even though it's not on original idea, it's certainly got it's own twists. But for me to be a fan I'd need an explanation of what happened. More than just "There was a big (nuclear?) war, and now a few people rule over the rest in what used to be the US." I need to know what, exactly, happened, to make people so fucked up that something such as kids killing each other is looked on as entertainment. Seriously, like at what point did people throw away their humanity?
I could go on for longer, but that's the gist of it right there.
That being said, the film was well made in certain aspects. The music was great, and I very much enjoyed the non-ending. I did find some of the editing and camerawork unnecessary, but it was the directors first action endeavor, so that's to be expected.

Ahem Roman Gladiators ahem the Holocaust Ahem Cambodia do I really need to go on showing examples of the depths of human cruelty? And the games in the movie serve just like the gladiatorial games of Ancient Rome did as a weapon of intimidation.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ah shut the fuck up Spike. The Hunger Games was great! I hadn't read the books, but my girlfriend has and we went to see the midnight release. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see it in IMAX 3D as it was sold out a few days beforehand. I have only seen the movie so please don't go spoiling anything past that for me. But I agree about Katniss, she is a pretty amazing character. She is very human and she is definitely up there with my favorite heroine's now. In fact, I am thinking about getting back into archery because of her.

Make me, son!

I might watch this. I wanna see that Wrath Of The Titans though, that comes out Friday I think.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
I need to know what, exactly, happened, to make people so fucked up that something such as kids killing each other is looked on as entertainment. Seriously, like at what point did people throw away their humanity?

This type of thing is a part of humanity. Just as Punk said, the cruelty within these books is nothing compared to real life human cruelty.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Make me, son!

I might watch this. I wanna see that Wrath Of The Titans though, that comes out Friday I think.

WRATH OF THE TITANS FOR THE WIN!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:22 am

00biohazard wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Make me, son!

WRATH OF THE TITANS FOR THE WIN!!

Right? I didn't even think the remake was that great, but this sequel has got my attention.

Of course there isn't really anything else out now that's really great anyway, so this looks amazing in comparision.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
I need to know what, exactly, happened, to make people so fucked up that something such as kids killing each other is looked on as entertainment. Seriously, like at what point did people throw away their humanity?

This type of thing is a part of humanity. Just as Punk said, the cruelty within these books is nothing compared to real life human cruelty.
Indeed. All I'm saying is that I'd like more insight into the matter, which apparently isn't really present in the books either. I'm also just talking about the movie, and have no mind to start a debate about humanity.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 am

Whoooooooo. I am going to see it in a bizzle wizzlee!
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Not gonna lie, with the aid of it phenomenal soundtrack, the film is growing on me, and I've found myself lost in thought about the story. I may have to pick up the books at some point. Gotta finish the Game of Thrones series first though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 pm

I so want the Game of Thrones Series!! <3 I loved the first season and my
love is dying without the books!!

Also, I would like the Hunger Games books as well.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:43 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

You MUST read the book!!! I just finished it today...freaking amazing. I'm going to the movie on Wednesday with my cousin Smile
I was telling my brother about the book and he was like yeah, they definitely left some parts out. Which is common given the transition from books to movies.
But again, I recommend reading it, I started Catching Fire today. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:52 am

I'm going to be grabbing a book from the Wally World (Wal*Mart) where I live here sometime within the next few days if I can and this coming Saturday I'll be going and watching it with a friend and her mom and possibly a few others. Kinda excited to see it as I'm hoping it's as good as what everyone has been saying.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am

a movie about people killing eachother in a future society for entertainment? Ill stick with watching The Running Man
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:01 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
a movie about people killing eachother in a future society for entertainment? Ill stick with watching The Running Man
A classic! High five!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:51 pm

The running man is amazing.

Actually hearing about the hunger games reminded me a lot of Battle Royal. Gooood movie and I have a feeling it's much more brutal than this one.
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 pm

That's what I thought Yoshi!

Funny thing cause in the end, there are like a couple left. or something.

On both movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?   Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else here watched or read The Hunger games?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next