Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil vs. Biohazard

Go down 
+9
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Methsia
Jill Sandwich
Monster Mash
Sargent D
00biohazard
Vandal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil vs. Biohazard Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Honestly, the name doesn't sense anymore. The series should be called Biohazard, and it should have been called Biohazard from the start. The reason why they changed the name for America and kept it as Biohazard in Japan is beyond me.

For the first game it makes perfect sense. They were at a residential estate, surrounded by evil. Now the series has branched off to a city, an island, and two different countries that consist of cities, islands, castles, ships, mines, and so forth.

But the name is so good, it just stuck with the series. Imagine for a second though, if we had Biohazard from the start, would we still think the name is so tacky and unimaginative?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Not really. I like the name Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

I like the name too, it has a ring to it. But it doesn't make as much sense as Biohazard does. Though Biohazard as I said before, sounds really unoriginal and tacky.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 pm

The name Biohazard couldn't be used in the USA or Europe because of copyright problems (one of the reasons being the band called Biohazard). So Capcom had to change the name for those countries. And yeah I agree Biohazard is a far better name than Resident Evil due to the fact that Biohazard can fit any of the games in the series, not just the first one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Not really. I like the name Resident Evil.
This. Plus Capcom would never call the American/Western releases "Biohazard," since "Resident Evil" has become something of a household name and many individuals may not realize that Biohazard is the same as Resident Evil, thus putting off potential customers.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Well of course they can't change the name now, not after over 20 games in the franchise. I'm saying that the name Biohazard fits the series better than Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Mercy wrote:
I'm saying that the name Biohazard fits the series better than Resident Evil.
Amen to that. cheers
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I'm saying that the name Biohazard fits the series better than Resident Evil.
Amen to that. cheers
Ah, someone agrees with me. I'm glad you agree with me. You're my number one member at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 pm

I much prefer Resident Evil, as it sounds far more menacing and original. Biohazard makes more sense, but it sounds like what you'd name an arcade machine that you play for about ten minutes at a movie theater before completely forgetting about it.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Mercy wrote:
You're my number one member at this moment.
Thanks dude. Very Happy

Resident Evil does sound more evil (obviously lol) than Biohazard but so can the other name, depending on what you think of when you think of a biohazard.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Resident Evil sounds better. It just has a ring to it. Even though Biohazard is the original name, it doesn't really fit imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 pm

You were saying Resident Evil doesn't fit anymore since the sequels don't take place in a residence.

However Biohazard wouldn't work anymore either, since the games (RE4 and beyond) aren't about biohazards or zombies.

RE4 and RE5 are about tyrants that brainwash the naive, much like this:
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard Black_reacts_1105
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Even though Biohazard is the original name, it doesn't really fit imo.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Jill Sandwich wrote:
Even though Biohazard is the original name, it doesn't really fit imo.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Spoiler:
You happy because you have 69 posts right now? lol
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Nope. Because I'm bored and just wanted to post an awesome face....and RE is still better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 pm

保守的な wrote:
You were saying Resident Evil doesn't fit anymore since the sequels don't take place in a residence.

However Biohazard wouldn't work anymore either, since the games (RE4 and beyond) aren't about biohazards or zombies.

RE4 and RE5 are about tyrants that brainwash the naive, much like this:
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard Black_reacts_1105

Jesus Christ man, really?do you have a secret crush on Obama or something? travel somewhere and hear from people who have lived with tyrants in power, then go posting internet bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:35 am

Ehh. If I owned the first one and it was named Biohazard. I probably would have stuck on it.

Unfortunately, I am used to Resident Evil.

Definitely has a carrot to it.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 am

Yeah I also prefer Resident Evil because I'm used to it and it sounds better to me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 am

Since I do have games using both the names I am pretty much content with both, although like Sarge said on the previous page the name Biohazard couldn't be used outside of Japan because it was already copyrighted.

@Phoenix: Wouldn't you still consider the world wide epidemic Wesker was planning a biohazard?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:55 am

I agree that Resident Evil fits the first game perfectly whilst Biohazard suits the rest of the games. But its too late now changing it and I quite like Resident Evil so im glad they klept it this way as it would have been a bit weird having one game called RE, and the rest Biohazard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 am

00biohazard wrote:
Jesus Christ man, really?do you have a secret crush on Obama or something? travel somewhere and hear from people who have lived with tyrants in power, then go posting internet bullshit.
Are you implying Obama isn't a tyrant? That fucker has no respect for freedom, democracy, the Constitution, or gun rights. He wasn't elected into office he was chosen by the Electoral College and how did his campaign get it's funding? Through Wallstreet billionaires like George Kaiser, they're the ones who really put him in power. He is no-doubt rigging the 2012 "election" and he is undoubtedly trying to force himself into a position of "President for Life," it's only a matter of time before he abolishes term limits. He has all the characteristics of a dictator, and you know what they say: "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably a duck."
Resident Evil vs. Biohazard Img
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
@Phoenix: Wouldn't you still consider the world wide epidemic Wesker was planning a biohazard?

A biohazard is when a vial of anthrax is dropped in a government lab. What Wesker was planning was a holocaust.

保守的な wrote:
He wasn't elected into office he was chosen by the Electoral College and how did his campaign get it's funding?

That's how every president is elected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am

保守的な wrote:
He wasn't elected into office he was chosen by the Electoral College and how did his campaign get it's funding?

That's how every president is elected.[/quote]
Yes and I do prefer the electoral college over a direct popular vote, however I recently proposed an alternative electoral system where each state counts as one vote, and the people in that state decide who their state votes for.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:54 am

I don't trust any politicians nor the government to be quite honest Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs. Biohazard   Resident Evil vs. Biohazard Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil vs. Biohazard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next