HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil - open world poll

Go down 
+10
charlieRE2
Spike991
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
Turo602
NiteKrawler
ChickenHeart
chrisredfielmusculo
Mass Distraction
chrisredfield84
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Can RE make new direction towards open world?
Yes, I would like it to be open world
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
No, I think it would not work well.
Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:39 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
BTW, just to clarify, when I say I'd like an open free roam, "Sandbow" location, I want the game to still play like RE.

So RE's controls, but being able to roam around. Imagine actually being able to get into a vehicle too, multiplayer, you and your survivor buds get to get in a vehicle and drive away from the hordes of zombies.

It's just such a cool idea...

That's a really good idea. I would really add civilians who are in trouble and who need to be saved which could be an objective as turo stated. RE 6 seems to have civilians running around for help though i find chris to shoving them away.

The more the merrier.

@Charlie, why wouldn't you want that in RE? I mean we could sure have those tight, secluded areas, but having it all open for you to roam around....it might make you feel like you are there even more.

Remember playing GTA and runnin' from the cops, having a 5 star wanted level, jackin' cars and shit. What a fun rush.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 am

Spike991 wrote:
Remember playing GTA and runnin' from the cops, having a 5 star wanted level, jackin' cars and shit. What a fun rush.
I think that's just it. It's fun in a mission based game like GTA where you can run around as much as you want. In a completely story driven game like RE it would just take away from the story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 am

Spike991 wrote:
chrisredfield84 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
BTW, just to clarify, when I say I'd like an open free roam, "Sandbow" location, I want the game to still play like RE.

So RE's controls, but being able to roam around. Imagine actually being able to get into a vehicle too, multiplayer, you and your survivor buds get to get in a vehicle and drive away from the hordes of zombies.

It's just such a cool idea...

That's a really good idea. I would really add civilians who are in trouble and who need to be saved which could be an objective as turo stated. RE 6 seems to have civilians running around for help though i find chris to shoving them away.

The more the merrier.

@Charlie, why wouldn't you want that in RE? I mean we could sure have those tight, secluded areas, but having it all open for you to roam around....it might make you feel like you are there even more.

Gta wasnt really my thing. because it was open, i would get pulled away from the main missions and mess about. then i would get bored and not go on to complete the game. as silly as it sounds i like my boundries in resident evil. otherwise they would hide a damn key in the most obscure place possible and it would take me forever to get through a certain door. although i suppose i would like to explore the police station fully. i like a main mission, not side missions.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:43 am

Open world stuff is for action type of games, not RE
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 am

Depends on how it's done. It would be cool to have a Open World in Raccoon City, then be able to travel to prominent RE locations like the Spencer Mansion, Rockfort Island, the "Village", and Africa.

The story could be your the only surviving member of your squad (you can choose either U.S.S, UBCS, or Spec Ops) or your just a regular Raccoon citizen that's trying to escape the city. The game will allow you to travel virtually everywhere in the town, and meet RE characters (Claire, Leon, HUNK, Ada, William Birkin, Sherry, Wolfpack, Echo 6). You also encounter Nemesis, but you survive. You even leave the city to travel to Spencer Mansion to find the antidote to the T-Virus after becoming infected, but you are captured by Umbrella forces, who take you to Rockfort Island. (End of Raccoon City Scenario)

While on the island, you are thrust back into the horror when Wesker attacks the island and you are break out of your cell. You explore Rockfort and meet Steve, Claire, Alexander, and Rodrigo as you try to escape. You later find an airplane to escape in, but a B.O.W destroys it and you are left behind on the island. Later you meet Chris Redfield, and tell him that his sister may have escaped on one of the planes, then you continue on your way. You then encounter Wesker, who you have a brief fight with, and he drops a key after he escapes, which turns out to belong to a boat. After more searching, you finally find the boat Wesker initially used to get to the island, and escape Rockfort. (End of Rockfort Scenario)

Eh, I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I like it. If Capcom does something like this, I wouldn't mind an open world RE game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:20 am

AWDCP wrote:
Depends on how it's done. It would be cool to have a Open World in Raccoon City, then be able to travel to prominent RE locations like the Spencer Mansion, Rockfort Island, the "Village", and Africa.

The story could be your the only surviving member of your squad (you can choose either U.S.S, UBCS, or Spec Ops) or your just a regular Raccoon citizen that's trying to escape the city. The game will allow you to travel virtually everywhere in the town, and meet RE characters (Claire, Leon, HUNK, Ada, William Birkin, Sherry, Wolfpack, Echo 6). You also encounter Nemesis, but you survive. You even leave the city to travel to Spencer Mansion to find the antidote to the T-Virus after becoming infected, but you are captured by Umbrella forces, who take you to Rockfort Island. (End of Raccoon City Scenario)

While on the island, you are thrust back into the horror when Wesker attacks the island and you are break out of your cell. You explore Rockfort and meet Steve, Claire, Alexander, and Rodrigo as you try to escape. You later find an airplane to escape in, but a B.O.W destroys it and you are left behind on the island. Later you meet Chris Redfield, and tell him that his sister may have escaped on one of the planes, then you continue on your way. You then encounter Wesker, who you have a brief fight with, and he drops a key after he escapes, which turns out to belong to a boat. After more searching, you finally find the boat Wesker initially used to get to the island, and escape Rockfort. (End of Rockfort Scenario)

Eh, I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I like it. If Capcom does something like this, I wouldn't mind an open world RE game.
You sure are full of ideas for games, aren't you? I haven't been against your earlier ideas but that one is just generally bad. It seems more like a tour of RE with you as the main character instead of anything actually fitting for the series. At least I wouldn't like a game like that.

In any case, I certainly wish there would be no more rehashing old events as it gets more and more confusing the more we revisit those places. The only revisits I would like to see anymore are Survivor Chronicles and an actual remake of RE2.

I wouldn't mind an open world RE game but I would hope it to be a completely original game. Maybe Outbreak File#3?
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:

You sure are full of ideas for games, aren't you? I haven't been against your earlier ideas but that one is just generally bad. It seems more like a tour of RE with you as the main character instead of anything actually fitting for the series. At least I wouldn't like a game like that.

In any case, I certainly wish there would be no more rehashing old events as it gets more and more confusing the more we revisit those places. The only revisits I would like to see anymore are Survivor Chronicles and an actual remake of RE2.

I wouldn't mind an open world RE game but I would hope it to be a completely original game. Maybe Outbreak File#3?

Well, as a emerging videogame developer myself, I try to be creative Smile . Thanks for your input Mass, now that I look over it it does look like a RE Tour Through History Laughing What would yours be?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 am

AWDCP wrote:
Well, as a emerging videogame developer myself, I try to be creative Smile . Thanks for your input Mass, now that I look over it it does look like a RE Tour Through History Laughing What would yours be?
Ooh, nice. Good luck with that.

I would really like something like Silent Hill Downpour. A town, just any town/city/village/rural community, ravaged by an outbreak where you can roam around freely while still having the main story relevant at all times. You could have lots of buildings to go into and explore, possibly a few sidequests and secrets in addition to some random NPCs. Not too big so you wouldn't get sidetracked but not too small or brief. I think Downpour made an excellent example on a good open-ish game. If you haven't played it, go check it out.

Oh, and when I used Downpour as an example I'm highly aware that I mentioned not being interested to going back to old places while all SH games do exactly that. The difference is, Silent Hill is a living, changing town and has not been destroyed like a certain mountainside city so the story is new each time.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Honestly if we were doing any revisiting to Raccoon city Id want it to be an expansion on Biohazard 4D-Executer, I REALLY want something from that to show up again
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 am

IFF Resident evil was to go open world, then it should be at least something like an Survival Horror MMO. Then, you can revisit raccoon city with a different story focusing on the survival of the surviving citizens, taking place between 2 and 3, with something similar to the DayZ mod for Counter strike, except, different.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 am

It should be in a big open world.

I FIGURE if they wanted it to be survival horrorisk, I'd like to see something where someone, (not sure who could be a completely new character) is up north (say around Sibera or Alaska). So basically it's only a small outbreak but your completely alone (maybe except for a couple others) and you'd also have to worry about the cold.

Now Imagine trudging through the snow, in the woods, AT NIGHT! All you have is a flashlight and it's black outside, BIG OPEN WORLD to get lost in. None of this shit where you can take a few good smacks either, maybe 2 or 3 smacks and your dead.

Guns are limited, AMMO IS RARE AS IT COMES! Enemies are hard, etcetc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil - open world poll
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2