HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:25 pm

I don't know if this was ever posted on here before but if it was i'm sorry. But anyway this is a very interesting analysis of everything that was to do with RE 3.5., thanks to the guys over at Rely On Horror. Cool

http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-3-5-in-depth-analysis/
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Regarding style, game mechanics, and atmosphere I would have surely prefered RE3.5 over RE4.
However, and even though I know they meant it as a metaphorical battle against Leon's infection, I think I would have disliked the hallucinations because the notion of supernatural phenomenons would have been too strong, and I like my Resident Evil reality-based.

But I admit that I'm inconsistent in this logic when I say that one thing I liked about the Fog/Hookman version were the things that would turn out to be the armaduras in RE4: the inexplicably attacking armours in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Trichos wrote:
the armaduras in RE4: the inexplicably attacking armours in the hallway.
What do you mean inexplicably? There were plagas in them.

Well, not necessarily in those ones that just broke to pieces after one hit. I think those ones were just traps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Trichos wrote:

Well, not necessarily in those ones that just broke to pieces after one hit. I think those ones were just traps.
Massy, I said what I liked about the fog version were the things that would ultimately become the armaduras. Ergo was I not talking about the armaduras themselves, but the hallway armours in the fog version (or the one-hit-and-break armours in RE4, both works).
And it's nice that you can casually explain it by saying they "were just traps," but imho they were borderline illogical. I still loved them, as I said:
Trichos wrote:
But I admit that I'm inconsistent in this logic when I say that one thing I liked about the Fog/Hookman version were the [...] armours in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Trichos wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Trichos wrote:

Massy, I said what I liked about the fog version were the things that would ultimately become the armaduras. Ergo was I not talking about the armaduras themselves, but the hallway armours in the fog version (or the one-hit-and-break armours in RE4, both works).
Ah, then I just got that wrong. The colon threw me off, I thought you referred to the armaduras being "inexplicable". My apologies.

Trichos wrote:
And it's nice that you can casually explain it by saying they "were just traps"
I guess I just don't think too much into my video games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

If they kept going on with the earlier versions of RE4 I think it would be a very good game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 pm

I liked certain things that I saw, but I'm perfectly content with our RE4 that we have.

And some of those things I saw that I liked was like how Leon was holding his flashlight. Just the movement looked perfect for something like Horror.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Just the movement looked perfect for something like Horror.
Yeah that's what I liked about it too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I just read it (didn't have time before). Really interesting stuff to say the least. One interesting point I found is that the last thing in the Diary of a Madman is about Dead Aim.

After reading this I'm now really eager to get my hands on the Haunting Ground I ordered.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:12 pm

I for one thought that resident evil 3.5 was excellent. The atmosphere and its direction was really good. I would have preferred it to resident evil 4, since many people are saying that they dislike the series direction, which has kept things on a more real level, but at the same time, sacrificed horror. If they made the hook man and hallucinations and gave it really good backstory and horror I definiantley wouldnt mind the supposed supernaturalness of it all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 am

Yet there still would be a bunch of people complaining that the game sucked, it wasn't RE and supernatural things don't go with the games. There's just no pleasing everyone.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Yet there still would be a bunch of people complaining that the game sucked, it wasn't RE and supernatural things don't go with the games. There's just no pleasing everyone.

Agreed. You cant please everyone I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Agreed. You cant please everyone I guess.
There's no guessing, you can't....but the people who aren't pleased don't matter anyway. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis   Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 3.5 In-Depth Analysis
Page 1 of 1