HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?

Go down 
+9
ChrisSherry
chocotricks
Residentevil521
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
Mass Distraction
Spike991
Ghost Leader
Sargent D
r-zone
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Nicolai was an asshole.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 pm

S.Winters wrote:
Nicolai was an asshole.

You used to date him?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
^Didn't you read my first post in this topic?

Nicholai's canonical fate has never been revealed. Capcom seems content to leave it up to the fans' own individual interpretations. There was a file in Survivor signed by him and dated October 6th, but I believe that was only in the English version of the game.

I think that there was like 3 ways he died and only one in which he survives
RE3 spoilers - beware if you've never played it!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:50 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
^Didn't you read my first post in this topic?

Nicholai's canonical fate has never been revealed. Capcom seems content to leave it up to the fans' own individual interpretations. There was a file in Survivor signed by him and dated October 6th, but I believe that was only in the English version of the game.

Yeah well I've got the English version and it implies that he survived. I mean, are we expected to know about stupid mistranslation issues just to know the full story?

I'm content with him being alive, if not only being based on the Survivor file, I also think that the way he would die during the canonical ending with Barry, in which you have to shoot Nicholai down in that chopper is less believable than him just flying into the...rising sun.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 am

Spike991 wrote:
Yeah well I've got the English version and it implies that he survived. I mean, are we expected to know about stupid mistranslation issues just to know the full story?
What do you mean, "the full story"? Was I unclear about that in my previous post? I figured "only in the English version" was enough to get across what I was saying.

Anyhow, that same file in the Japanese version is signed by someone else, so in terms of canonicity, it takes priority over the English version of the game. I figured that'd be one thing we'd agree on.

Quote :
I'm content with him being alive, if not only being based on the Survivor file, I also think that the way he would die during the canonical ending with Barry, in which you have to shoot Nicholai down in that chopper is less believable than him just flying into the...rising sun.
How is shooting a helicopter down with a rocket launcher less believable? It's been done countless times over the years in modern warfare (and I'm not referring to CoD here), so it's perfectly believable that Jill blew Nicholai's helicopter out of the air.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
What do you mean, "the full story"? Was I unclear about that in my previous post? I figured "only in the English version" was enough to get across what I was saying.

Anyhow, that same file in the Japanese version is signed by someone else, so in terms of canonicity, it takes priority over the English version of the game. I figured that'd be one thing we'd agree on.

Yes, I've read that on Wikipedia too. But otherwise, if I hadn't been so interested in reading about RE and finding that info as I did, how the heck would I even know there's a contradicting signer of the document I'm reading, but only in the Jap version?

I'll take Nicholai over generic UBCS guy that happened to experience all the same stuff as Nicholai, and also survived Nichy's little killing spree of any other UBCS member anyday.

Quote :
How is shooting a helicopter down with a rocket launcher less believable? It's been done countless times over the years in modern warfare (and I'm not referring to CoD here), so it's perfectly believable that Jill blew Nicholai's helicopter out of the air.

That's the thing. Who can say what weapon she was using? I was using a minigun at that part when I played and died there.

I personally prefer to think she had at least her handgun with her throughout the game by the time she left Raccoon. Basically she could use a rocket and shoot him down, but it would just be easier to think he was smart enough to pilot the chopper around and list lazily to the left to avoid said rocket(s).

I guess the gameplay aspect of his death for that version makes it inferior to me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Spike991 wrote:
That's the thing. Who can say what weapon she was using? I was using a minigun at that part when I played and died there.
I think what exact weapon she used there is irrelevant to the point. What weapon did she use on the fat zombie in the RPD station at the top of the stairs near the statue, the handgun or shotgun? Did she use the grenade launcher or the magnum against Nemesis in the courtyard? Which did she find first, the magnum or the grenade launcher? These depend on the individual player's choices.

The first time I beat RE3, I didn't find the rocket launcher and instead shot him down with the magnum. Wink

Quote :
I personally prefer to think she had at least her handgun with her throughout the game by the time she left Raccoon.
Canonically, she probably did, like how curtscenes in RE5 always show Chris and Sheva with Beretta 92FS pistols.

Quote :
Basically she could use a rocket and shoot him down, but it would just be easier to think he was smart enough to pilot the chopper around and list lazily to the left to avoid said rocket(s).

I guess the gameplay aspect of his death for that version makes it inferior to me.
Well, let's analyze that:

*The helicopter piloted by Nicholai, judging by the bulge beneath the cockpit, was an SH-60 Seahawk. The rotor diameter of said craft is 53 feet 8 inches. So judging by how large the helicopter is onscreen, Nicholai was hovering fairly close to the building where Jill was, perhaps between 65 and 75 feet.

*The rocket launcher featured in RE3 is an M202 FLASH. Muzzle velocity of the rockets fired from an M202 FLASH is 370 feet per second. To those unschooled, that means a rocket will travel 370 feet in the first second after being fired.

Taking into account these factors, Nicholai would have about a quarter of a second to react at that distance. With so little time to react, the chances of him successfully avoiding the rocket are pretty much nonexistent. So the outcome here is that Jill wouldn't have any trouble hitting Nicholai's chopper at such a short range.
Back to top Go down
Sise-Neg
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Sise-Neg

Playstation Network Sise-Neg

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Based on feats, Nicholai wrecks Hunk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.legendoflegaia.net
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Sise-Neg wrote:
Feats? For all we know HUNK is a demon spawn sent from Hell to kick ass and take names. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Sise-Neg wrote:
Feats? For all we know HUNK is a demon spawn sent from Hell to kick ass and take names. Cool
Invalid argument. HUNK is clearly 100% human.

As for those feats mentioned, one of them is survivability. Nicholai survived two deadly explosions at point blank range without getting so much as a scratch.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Invalid argument. HUNK is clearly 100% human.
I sure hope you realize I was kiding. lol

Yeah I know about his feats, but we dont know about HUNK's feats 100% yet though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

I think what exact weapon she used there is irrelevant to the point. What weapon did she use on the fat zombie in the RPD station at the top of the stairs near the statue, the handgun or shotgun? Did she use the grenade launcher or the magnum against Nemesis in the courtyard? Which did she find first, the magnum or the grenade launcher? These depend on the individual player's choices.

The first time I beat RE3, I didn't find the rocket launcher and instead shot him down with the magnum. Wink

Exactly, who cares what weapon she used here or there, but carrying around a large rocket launcher is something I personally did not do. Obviously everybody played different. I'm saying that since it isn't canon that she had a rocket launcher at that point, I prefer to think she was armed with probly just a handgun. Either way, shooting down the chopper seems less likely to me.

Quote :
Canonically, she probably did, like how curtscenes in RE5 always show Chris and Sheva with Beretta 92FS pistols.

Yeah I know that too.

Quote :

*The helicopter piloted by Nicholai, judging by the bulge beneath the cockpit, was an SH-60 Seahawk. The rotor diameter of said craft is 53 feet 8 inches. So judging by how large the helicopter is onscreen, Nicholai was hovering fairly close to the building where Jill was, perhaps between 65 and 75 feet.

*The rocket launcher featured in RE3 is an M202 FLASH. Muzzle velocity of the rockets fired from an M202 FLASH is 370 feet per second. To those unschooled, that means a rocket will travel 370 feet in the first second after being fired.

Taking into account these factors, Nicholai would have about a quarter of a second to react at that distance. With so little time to react, the chances of him successfully avoiding the rocket are pretty much nonexistent. So the outcome here is that Jill wouldn't have any trouble hitting Nicholai's chopper at such a short range.

Well hell, I know how close they were, and how impossible it would be for him to avoid a rocket, I'm just saying that it makes more sense for a rocket to not even be part of the equation at that point.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 am

I don't know if this will clear anything up but in the Archives book, the official book by Capcom where everything RE is archived, they say that Nicholai flew off with the last helicopter and Barry saved Jill and Carlos. That should end this debate once and for all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Well hell, I know how close they were, and how impossible it would be for him to avoid a rocket, I'm just saying that it makes more sense for a rocket to not even be part of the equation at that point.
No, you're trying to completely change your argument now that I've explained why Nicholai couldn't have "listed lazily to avoid the rocket", which isn't going unnoticed.

Face it, Spike, I've outmaneuvered you on this one. Jill would have had absolutely no problem shooting Nicholai down. It's a ballistic fact. Wink
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

No, you're trying to completely change your argument now that I've explained why Nicholai couldn't have "listed lazily to avoid the rocket", which isn't going unnoticed.

Face it, Spike, I've outmaneuvered you on this one. Jill would have had absolutely no problem shooting Nicholai down. It's a ballistic fact. Wink

Nope you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
rawrgodd
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
rawrgodd

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:28 pm

hunk could crush nicolai
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 am

rawrgodd wrote:
hunk could crush nicolai

You're opinion doesn't matter cuz you're banned.

Lol, you made bro?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?   Nicolai Ginovaef  vs Hunk ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicolai Ginovaef vs Hunk ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2