HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)

Go down 
+3
ChrisSherry
Spike991
spawn
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 am

I was just wondering if anyone here had an actual copy of the Resident Evil Archives 1st edition by BradyGames? I've heard both positive and negative about it. Positive being that it's probably the most detailed and complete outline of the RE series you can get your hands on. The only negative was that there are some grammatical errors, but hell I don't care about that. I know a used copy in "Very Good" condition on online auctions go for anywhere around $300-$400 but I actually found a "Brand New 1st Edition" for $80.00. Either I am very lucky or somebody ripped me off. I guess I'll find out in a couple of days...For future reference I also ordered volume II.

If anyone does have the resident evil archives I, II, or both: what do you think of them?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:33 pm

I got both Archives 1 and 2.

i love em both. they are RE Encyclopedias.

not that i need them in that way.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Wow yeah, the second one just came to my door no more than an hour ago. I haven't had enough time to go through it in detail but just flipping through it, it looks impressive. Definately a good addition to any RE fans collection. Can't wait for the first one though, that's the one I'm really looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:55 pm

tbh, i love both, but havent really taken the time to properly go through 2.

i looked through it, and again with somebody else, who could say, 'kijuju autonomous zone', but i really need to devote some time to sitting down and really reading thoroughly.

the pictures are fun to look at though, yays.(:
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 pm

The pictures for RE5 are nice, but they could've done a lot better on the RE4 pics. Some of them are alright, but many of them are blurry. I like how they still include both Wesker Reports along with Wesker's Special Report. I thought that was a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:15 pm

I have the first book. I'm jealous guys... I want the second book.
I love the first book. Pretty much what Spike said sums it up lol
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Ive ordered the second book. Would love to get the first one but cant find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:51 pm

I have both of them too, I love those 2 books. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 am

Just ordered Archives II. I should start searching eBay for the first one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:39 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Would love to get the first one but cant find it anywhere.
I have a physical copy as well as a PDF version. Razz
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

How did you get the pdf version?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I should start searching eBay for the first one.
Be prepared to pay a shit ton of money for one. lol
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

How did you get the pdf version?
Fuck if I remember. Sorry. No
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Just ordered Archives II. I should start searching eBay for the first one.

I haven't really pulled it out to look at it since I first got it...
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Well I ordered both books...I got the Archives II, but the Archives I never arrived. I found one in "brand new" condition and it never showed after two months. I got it for the unbelieveable price of $80.00...I knew it was too good to be true. I'm pretty rattled about it, mostly because I don't feel like spending two thousand bucks for another one.

On the other note, I did manage to swipe one of the Raccoon City road signs from capcom that Mass mentioned in another thread =D!
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:11 am

Archives 2 came the last day. Its fantastic. Better than I was expecting and got it for only 13 quid. complete bargain. Can only imagine what the first one is like.

Also in the first archives, is the Resident Evil 1 section about REmake or Original? or both?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Archives 2 came the last day. Its fantastic. Better than I was expecting and got it for only 13 quid. complete bargain. Can only imagine what the first one is like.

Also in the first archives, is the Resident Evil 1 section about REmake or Original? or both?

It's only about the REmake.

And yeah I like it too. I should really look at it again.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

I wonder how long it will take for the 2nd one to become as rare as the first one. lol
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:20 am

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

I also like the fact it dedicates a page to each game pre RE4, and the Chronicle games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:28 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

I also like the fact it dedicates a page to each game pre RE4, and the Chronicle games.

Yep, you can never have too much info.

Having the Files is probably my biggest thing that I like. The RE5 files in particular.

And I was thinking they skipped the Chronicles things completely at first, since it doesn't show up til after the RE5 stuff. And even then, it's only the Operation TALOS and Javier missions, which is cool, but kinda sucks considering each of the Chronicles games had tons of original stuff during the main stories. Like seeing Ada escape Raccoon, the 4th Survivor in UC, the stuff with Wesker during RE0 and post RE1.

And DSC had some stuff too I think...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:54 am

The 4th Survivor wasn't exactly original. I bet they covered that in the RE2 part of the first book.

What I didn't like about the second book is that they left parts out in the summary of the previous games. They don't mention what happened to Bravo team after the crash landing and almost completely omit Barry and Rebecca in the summary for the first game, only mentioning Chris and Jill at the end. They didn't mention Brad either before the RE3 part.

Sure it was just a summary but in games like these it would've been nice to tell a bit more about the characters' fate.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The 4th Survivor wasn't exactly original. I bet they covered that in the RE2 part of the first book.

What I didn't like about the second book is that they left parts out in the summary of the previous games. They don't mention what happened to Bravo team after the crash landing and almost completely omit Barry and Rebecca in the summary for the first game, only mentioning Chris and Jill at the end. They didn't mention Brad either before the RE3 part.

Sure it was just a summary but in games like these it would've been nice to tell a bit more about the characters' fate.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 am

Dude, I was just giving some critique on the book.

You can't expect everyone to praise it to high heavens. It's not like it's the perfect creation but I still like it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still like it.
Yeah thats what i thought.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 am

Well it's the best we have. I still have to give critique if I feel it is needed.

I'd still like to have a translated version of Inside of Biohazard Darkside Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)   Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom) Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Archives (The Novels by Brady Games/Capcom)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next