Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
B.O.W's in real life? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
B.O.W's in real life? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
B.O.W's in real life? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
B.O.W's in real life? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
B.O.W's in real life? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

B.O.W's in real life?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

B.O.W's in real life? Empty
PostSubject: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Okay, so of course Resident Evil is all fantasy but how far off is it from reality? I'm talking specifically about B.O.W.'s. Over a decade ago we successfully cloned a sheep, we have test tube children, stem cell research, the ability to manipulate genes and D.N.A in organisms, and vast organic/viral weaponry. The list goes on and on. The advancements in technology are astounding and have been increasing exponentially over the years, as they will continue to in the years to come.

The other day I was thinking about all of this, and when you put it all together it wouldn't shock me, personally, if some military organization through genetic engineering and experimentation successfully manufactured creatures resembling those in the RE series. Sure, we have never seen anything like this and have no knowledge that companies or military organizations are manufacturing bio-weapons (like those in RE) but with the advancements in science and technology it is certainly possible. Inhumane and morally incorrect, but very possible. Wouldn't B.O.W.'s be the future of the military or terrorist organizations? Right now atom bombs set the bar, but if you start launching nuclear warheads you completely wipe out everything, radiating ground zero and everything around it for thousands of years. Why not create a fleet of bullet swallowing Nemisis super-soldiers to do your bidding instead? If your army is running low you could simply engineer more in a day or two. They don't need food or water. They are just unstoppable killing machines that won't stop until the job is done.

Idk, maybe I am just crazy (let me know haha) but seeing genetically engineered super-soldier tyrants and hunter-like creatures in the close to near future doesn't seem so far-fetched to me. It's a dark thought, and I certainly would not be looking forward to it but I just wanted to get opinions. Let me know what you guys think on the matter and feel free to add your own ideas.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:22 pm

I would say it is possible, but quite unlikely. Mainly for the soul reason that machines are the next step in warfare. Using non-human robotic combatants is where it's at. Those bomb diffusing bots, unmanned aerial vehicles, etc. Most militant organizations seems to want to do more while losing less men and women in battle. A good thing I think.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Yes, machines are at the top right now, but they have their drawbacks. They are expensive to manufacture, they have to be maintained, they could break down at any given time, and most importantly: they require fuel. B.O.W.'s have a mind of their own, survival instinct, their effectiveness isn't limited to the complexity of their programming. The only thing that would cost a hell of a lot would be research and development. As soon as they got that down it would be simple and cheap to mass-produce something such as a hunter or a licker. Of course if they were making something like Nemesis or the T-002...that would be a bit pricier. Then again, you wouldn't need too many of them to take out an enemy army.

Also, because of cloning, you would still be saving just as many lives as wiith machines. Sorry if that sounded really morally incorrect lol. I wouldn't have to be humans.

Anyhow, I believe that the next step in weaponry is a combination between organics and cybernetics. Such as Nemesis! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:13 am

Cyber Demon, go!

Anyway, I still think it's a bit hard to make them actually obedient and not attack everyone and everything in sight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm not too sure how hard it would be. I forget what website it was on but a friend brought me to it awhile ago. It was some science group that was experimenting on inserting micro-chips into the brain in order to store/implant knowledge and memories. They were actually very successful.

In their experiment, they placed a mouse in a maze. The mouse had to make its way to the other side. The mouse had no knowledge of the maze layout. The maze was very complex and after several minutes passed by, the mouse had made little to no progress. After the researchers decided the mouse had no hope of ever reaching the other side of the maze they pulled it out and began the main portion of the experiment. They conducted neuro-surgery on the mouse removing essential componants of its brain. After that, they implanted a micro-chip loaded with the complete maze layout along with other essential programming into the rodents head. The mouse regained conciousness and was placed into the maze once again, and what happened? It moved through it flawlessly, reaching the other side in no time!

I'll ask my friend for the actual link and post it here if you would like.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't feel like typing a lot so I'm just going to say it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Everything needs fuel Any bio-organic weapon would need fuel in the form of food and liquid. A machine would merely need a battery or something like that. And bio-organic weapons must be put through training which can cost millions of dollars. Again, it could happen. But it probably won't, at least in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Won't happen, at least not in a place such as the United States. The US military does its best to present itself as a friend to the civilian population, something that would be a bit difficult to do if they were unleashing armies of genetically-engineered super soldiers against the enemy. Furthermore, a native isn't going to be inclined to walk up to a Nemesis T-Type or Tyrant and say, "hey, these guys have been attacking us and we'd really like some help." Hell, a Nemesis T-Type or Tyrant may not even distinguish between the enemy and the civilian population at all, which would not be good.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah...I couldn't really see the US government deploying B.O.W.'s anytime soon. Perhaps somewhere deep in area 51? Who knows, I just think a lot goes on behind the eyes of the general public. Lawl, Canada is too busy buying airplanes without engines in them, and Europe is almost completely bankrupt. That leaves terrorist organizations, who would lack the profit to manufacture a B.O.W. They could steal one perhaps, but 'one' isn't an army.

Quote :
Furthermore, a native isn't going to be inclined to walk up to a Nemesis T-Type or Tyrant and say, "hey, these guys have been attacking us and we'd really like some help."

Haha, I would! Even if a Nemesis T-Type or Tyrant killed you that would be a pretty epic way to die, I wouldn't complain. It would certainly be better than getting slowly knawed on by a zombie.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

I don't buy into conspiracies by our government. The government isn't intelligent or coordinated enough to cover up anything major. Just look at the Roswell incident. And the US is just as much, if not more, in the poor house as other superpower nations right now. We are so in debt to China alone that they basically own us now. Razz
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 pm

I don't know much about Area 51, it seems too cliche to me. I do know that they have men who will shoot you if you get within a few miles of it. I personally don't believe they are hiding aliens there but as for bio-weapons I couldn't say. Most probably just high tech aircraft and experimental weaponry. Perhaps the CDC could have engineered a virus that resembles the t-virus, progenator virus, or some other virus in the RE series. People are engineering virus's all the time. That would be the first step in creating a B.O.W. anyway.

I guess we can all agree that we wouldn't be seeing any B.O.W.'s in the immediate future but how far down the road would you estimate the possibility of bio-weapons such as those in RE? I would say 10-15 years? Assuming we regain some sort of balance in the economy and the rapid growth of technological development continues.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:17 am

spawn wrote:
Haha, I would! Even if a Nemesis T-Type or Tyrant killed you that would be a pretty epic way to die, I wouldn't complain. It would certainly be better than getting slowly knawed on by a zombie.
Yeah... no, you wouldn't. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
I don't know much about Area 51, it seems too cliche to me. I do know that they have men who will shoot you if you get within a few miles of it.
That's because unless you have some sort of legitimate business, you don't belong there. Especially when it's used to test classified or highly sensitive equipment such as the F-117 Nighthawk and SR-71 Blackbird.

Quote :
Perhaps the CDC could have engineered a virus that resembles the t-virus, progenator virus, or some other virus in the RE series.
That's not the purpose of the CDC.

Quote :
I would say 10-15 years?
Not even then. As Nite said, remote-controlled unmanned vehicles like SWORDS and the Q-1 Predator are the wave of the future.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 am

I must add to the mind control chip thingie that it would be way harder to make a being with close to human intelligence to do your bidding than program a mouse go through a maze.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 am

Quote :
spawn wrote:

Yeah... no, you wouldn't.

Okay, maybe I wouldn't go running right up to him lol. I was saying that in the sense that if the government did mass produce them and they were just an everyday part of life. If you saw them all the time and they had been around for a couple years in some alternate reality you wouldn't think that much about them. If there was some apocalyptic war and I was wandering around and just happened to stumble upon a Nemesis T-Type, no, I would start running in the other direction as fast as I could. I should've made that clearer.

Quote :
Quote:
Perhaps the CDC could have engineered a virus that resembles the t-virus, progenator virus, or some other virus in the RE series.

That's not the purpose of the CDC.

The CDC is responsible for protecting the public, therefore they have to make their best effort to be the most prepared they can be for the next super-bug, ect. Viruses mutate, and that's what causes a super-bug. The CDC cannot wait for a virus to mutate on its own to develop a vaccine when people are already dying so they mutate the virus artificially and create a vaccine in advance. Just the other week Canadian scientists created a new strain of H1N1 which is lethal to 60% of those it infects, they call it H5N1. In my previous statement, I was stating that perhaps the CDC in trying to protect the general public found a mutant strain of a virus that could resemble the t-virus in some limited aspects. Or perhaps the g-virus and cause mutation and rapid cell growth. And I know the probability of this is next to nothing so don't go raging on me for that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 am

The chances that aliens are being held in Area 51 are slim, definitely. But there is video evidence that advanced aircraft are being tested there. That's what the place is for anyway. It's nothing but desert, runways, and a lot of military airspace. I remember seeing a video that someone took of some aircraft that could do 90 degree turns in the air. It even showed it on the tape. Nowadays you can't even get close enough to the base to see anything. Back in the day, people could get a lot closer.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:18 pm

spawn wrote:
The CDC is responsible for protecting the public, therefore they have to make their best effort to be the most prepared they can be for the next super-bug, ect. Viruses mutate, and that's what causes a super-bug. The CDC cannot wait for a virus to mutate on its own to develop a vaccine when people are already dying so they mutate the virus artificially and create a vaccine in advance. Just the other week Canadian scientists created a new strain of H1N1 which is lethal to 60% of those it infects, they call it H5N1. In my previous statement, I was stating that perhaps the CDC in trying to protect the general public found a mutant strain of a virus that could resemble the t-virus in some limited aspects. Or perhaps the g-virus and cause mutation and rapid cell growth. And I know the probability of this is next to nothing so don't go raging on me for that! Very Happy
Artificially mutating an existing bug =/= creating a new bug.

NiteKrawler wrote:
But there is video evidence that advanced aircraft are being tested there. That's what the place is for anyway. It's nothing but desert, runways, and a lot of military airspace. I remember seeing a video that someone took of some aircraft that could do 90 degree turns in the air. It even showed it on the tape.
The "Cobra" maneuver, you mean?

There's documented video evidence of at least one Russian MiG-29 being flown out of Groom Lake, that I know. F-117s, despite having been retired from military service, have also been seen in Groom Lake air space. I don't doubt that there are any number of other US-operated foreign aircraft based there.

I also firmly believe that the Holy Lance, the weapon used by Roman legionary Longinius to pierce the side of Jesus Christ's corpse, is being kept there as well. But that's another story... Laughing
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Quote :
Artificially mutating an existing bug =/= creating a new bug.

Well a new strain that has completely different properties or something like that. I already said the possibility/chance that there is something like that is slim to say the least.

Quote :
I also firmly believe that the Holy Lance, the weapon used by Roman legionary Longinius to pierce the side of Jesus Christ's corpse, is being kept there as well. But that's another story...

Ahh yes I remember watching the Discovery channel documentary on that a number of years ago. It was quite entertaining. Apparently it's lost but hell, somebody has to have it! Could very well be in Area 51 but we'll sadly never know. If I had that, then...then I might just walk up to Nemesis...because you'd be immortal right? Lol honestly even if I was immortal I'd still run away in real life Razz . Correct me if I'm wrong I can't really remember it was so long ago. I just know it was something along the lines of being invincible.

Nice vid btw. I have no idea if that's what Nite was talking about but pretty sick either way.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 pm

That Kobra maneuver is pretty badass. It could have been aircraft performing that, who knows. Holy lance huh? How did we get it I wonder? Razz I figure something like that would get lost in history, but I guess it could still exist somewhere. The Holy Cross that Jesus was crucified on was lost during the third crusade though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 am

and now there's enough "cross pieces" scattered around the world to build a house.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 am

If I remember right hitler was the last known holder of the holy lance, because he was obsessed with collecting that kinda stuff. After the war is when it was said to have gone missing. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the Americans or somebody else got their hands on it; when Hitlers hideout was raided.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:08 am

Of course americans stole it from Hitler. Ever played Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny?
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:44 pm

I have not. I haven't really spent time playing any wolfenstein, for some reason it never really appealed to me.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ever played Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny?
I thought you said you never played that game. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:48 pm

spawn wrote:
If I remember right hitler was the last known holder of the holy lance, because he was obsessed with collecting that kinda stuff. After the war is when it was said to have gone missing. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the Americans or somebody else got their hands on it; when Hitlers hideout was raided.
Of course that's how we got it. Every holder of the Holy Lance has accomplished something great; Constantine I was crowned emperor of the Roman Empire, Charlemagne did... something that was pretty important but I can't remember what exactly, there were some other people after him that did things, then somewhere down the line Hitler got hold of it and Nazi Germany became the premier world superpower of the time. It, along with a copy made by the Germans, was among the artifacts recovered by American forces when the Allies invaded Berlin and was shipped back to COTUS for safe keeping. We kept the real Lance, gave the copy back to Austria in its place, and have since become the most powerful economic and military force in the history of the world.

It all makes complete sense. king
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:00 am

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ever played Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny?
I thought you said you never played that game. lol
I haven't but I know what it is about Very Happy The spear is also used in Wolfenstein RPG (which I have played).

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B.O.W's in real life?   B.O.W's in real life? Empty

Back to top Go down

B.O.W's in real life?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next