Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil OST's  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil OST's  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil OST's  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil OST's  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil OST's

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
Mcghie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

Resident evil OST's  Empty
PostSubject: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Mass brought up a good point, we should have a dedicated thread for sharing our passion for all the OST's that we love.
I done the honours of making this thread for discussions on the OST's.
Most threads we all end up talking about musical pieces, so now we can keep they threads relevant and stick to this for its purpose.
Just talk about what ones you love best and why.
You can also discuss anything related to the Resident evil Soundtracks but dont be bringing no live action OST talk up in here, ya fell me ! Cool
*only joking but do so at your own peril Twisted Evil *
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 pm

I would have to say my favorites are the first two games, RE2 being my top choice (I even bought the Japanese soundtrack CD). They are also the most memorable. Oh, and I also like the one from Dead Aim.

For all the other games, I just didn't find them as memorable (although they all had good music in them). The only other piece I can remember is the end theme from RE5, mostly because that's the one I played last, although it's not anything too interesting.

Gotta give credit to the first movie's opening theme, though. Even if the movies have been exponentially worse the theme Marilyn Manson made for the first one is something I'll propably always remember. One of the best pieces of RE music out there. For the rest of the movie series' OST I don't think I can remember a single piece.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:16 pm

The OST for RE2 will be the one that stays in my heart forever.
The game's OST was simple sublime, it captured the scenes and areas in the game very well and made you feel a full spectrum of emotions.
The ending theme (A side) was actually that emotional you could cry and also the soft piano theme at the result screen gave you a overwhelming sense of joy and accomplishment
but yet it pulled at your heart strings and made you a little sad that the game had to end.
Amongst this OST I loved mostly all of the OST but RE1 and REmake, Code veronicas (one of the best save room themes, so emotional), RE0 (also got one of the best OST's and also the save room theme) where definitely my most favourite.

I also have the RE2 OST CD, it is ingrained onto my hard drive and my ipod Smile
Nothing like walking home on a dark desolate night surrounded by the sound of "The underground Laboratory" (yes I know, I'm a disturbed guy )
Also what RE1 Mass ? the original or REmake ?

I give credit where credit is due and Marilyn Manson as a score writer is awesome, he is so original and gets right into his productions.
The man is a genius he understands music production on a whole new level than anyone else.
You could say he is Mozart 's Hyde. (Jekyll and Hyde reference, due to MM being dark)
That metallic perfection of a theme is the only thing good about the live action movies
It is kind of what made the first movie excel, without it I dont know how it would have survived.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:34 pm

The original as I've never had a Gamecube.

I also need to mention Slipknot's My Plague, that's another one I remember from the movies.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The original as I've never had a Gamecube.

I also need to mention Slipknot's My Plague, that's another one I remember from the movies.

The REmake is basically the same as the the originals OST's, just more refined and darker.
Slipknots sound at that time was getting stale and generic but I even though it sounded the same as there other stuff I did enjoy it in a film such as Resident Evil.
Thought it went with all the carnage and horror.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:31 pm

First off, the first re movie has a badass ost, period. and dont forget about marco beltrami, him and manson worked as a team.

oh, and tbh, the remakes ost is totally not the same as the original.

it didnt have any memorable tracks, it was just a darker, and usually silent experience, with things like thunder butting in. it worked real nice, but other than the save room, and maybe a few other locations, there really wasnt much there.

btw, wasnt there a thread already for the music in re?

well this ones starting off nicely so whatever.

and i still stick with outbreak and re0 having the best ost's.

theres a certain cool, real, and almost sophisticated quality...not sure how to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 am

Spike991 wrote:
First off, the first re movie has a badass ost, period. and dont forget about marco beltrami, him and manson worked as a team.

oh, and tbh, the remakes ost is totally not the same as the original.

it didnt have any memorable tracks, it was just a darker, and usually silent experience, with things like thunder butting in. it worked real nice, but other than the save room, and maybe a few other locations, there really wasnt much there.

btw, wasnt there a thread already for the music in re?

well this ones starting off nicely so whatever.

and i still stick with outbreak and re0 having the best ost's.

theres a certain cool, real, and almost sophisticated quality...not sure how to explain it.

I did give credit for the first RE moive's OST
I mean in general the rest are shit.
Yeah I know the original RE was far better as it has more nostalgia, it has that edge of playing it back then that you dont get form the REmake.
I enjoyed the REmake's OST none the less, would have to agree with you both on the original RE OST though.
There is not a thread dedicated to resident evil ost, I checked for "OST", "ost", "resident evil OST", "Resident evil ost" and so on, but couldn't find anything.
Might be called someone else but oh well, this one will be a fully dedicated thread to the OST's (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:12 am

You could've also checked with the word "soundtrack" Very Happy Not that it would lead to anything. There is a thread for favorite RE music but no thread about the soundtracks.

Does anyone else not think Dead Aim had a superb soundtrack?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You could've also checked with the word "soundtrack" Very Happy Not that it would lead to anything. There is a thread for favorite RE music but no thread about the soundtracks.

Does anyone else not think Dead Aim had a superb soundtrack?

You didnt?

i thought there were some memorable tracks. i really liked the little bgm that played in the intro. the montage of scenes and visuals before the main menu, not the opening to the game.

othetwise the morpheus' VA was the highlight of da's audio imo.

survivor was similar, just a few memorable tracks. i actually liked it though.

let's talk chronicles for a minute, yay or nay?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:52 am

Of course I did, that's why I asked Very Happy It's my third favorite RE soundtrack and the end theme of that game is one of my favorite RE songs of all time. There weren't that many memorable tracks in Survivor though.

I don't mind Chronicles discussion but I can't take part in that until the games are released on PS3 Very Happy Hopefully the release date isn't too far.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:36 pm

I meant did anybody like them, yay or nay?

i personally loved them both. most especially dsc. i still havent been able to find mp3s for dsc, while ive got a number of tracks from like everything else on my ipod.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

While I love the REmake to pieces, I have to agree that the soundtrack wasn't too memorable. Maybe that's the reason, however, why I remember the three best tracks all the better: the save room theme (which always reminds me of something connected with water, like a little fountain or something), the "Macabre Hallway" theme, and the "Aqua Ring" theme.

I haven't even played RE2 yet (it's ordered and on its way, though), but YouTube made me already fall in love with its soundtrack. The save room music is the best of any RE, and the "Police Station/Front Hall" theme has these recurring... how to call them, 3-second pieces of piano play (which were used for the trailer of RE0) that make me listen to it in a loop.

I also love the Manson/Beltrami "Umbrella" theme.

I've not yet had a chance to get my hands on C:VX, I cannot recall any piece of music from my RE4 experience, I was advised not to watch any RE movie except for the first one, and I can't be bothered playing RE5 (I will gladly accept links to good music, however, even if they come from these unspeakable parts of the RE universe...).
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Alright, well re0 and Outbreak have re bgms at their best.

those are two you should look into too.

and re4 had a few. the credits had Sorrow, which is pretty awesome. infiltration is another memorable one. i also loved what played during the krauser fight.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:11 pm

My favorite RE OST is the Regenator theme from RE4. I just love how creepy it sounds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:46 am

That's not a full soundtrack Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am

IMO RE2 and CVX had the best OSTs.

Trichos wrote:
I've not yet had a chance to get my hands on C:VX, I cannot recall any piece of music from my RE4 experience, I was advised not to watch any RE movie except for the first one, and I can't be bothered playing RE5 (I will gladly accept links to good music, however, even if they come from these unspeakable parts of the RE universe...).

This one from RE5 is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7wZgs3BnI

Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 am

Sargent D wrote:
My favorite RE OST is the Regenator theme from RE4.
Apparently I've totally missed that one. But you're right, that's a good one.

ThomVD wrote:
This one from RE5 is good:

[new members blabla not post external links blabla]
Hm... it reminds me a bit of the "Pirates of the Carribbean" theme.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:21 am

Ooh, nice on Thom. I had completely forgotten about that one, it really made the fight intense.

@Trichos: You're right, it does sound a little pirate of the caribbean-ish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
That's not a full soundtrack Very Happy
Mass, Shut the front door!

i bet D has the RE Regenerator OST in his re collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil OST's    Resident evil OST's  Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil OST's
Page 1 of 1