Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil and zombies EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil and zombies EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil and zombies EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil and zombies EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil and zombies EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil and zombies EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil and zombies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil and zombies

Go down 
+4
RaviorStygian
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Resident evil and zombies Empty
PostSubject: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Alright I know this may have been brought up before.....who am i kidding its been brought up several times, but theres a reason Im bringing it up....

As most of you may know Resident evil hasn't had zombies in years (OH SHIT REALLY?!) BUT looking at everything now I think it was a smart move by Capcom...........

NOW I do love me some zombies, I do a lot. A lot of games lately though have zombies, so even though I do love zombies. IMO it makes resident evil not just another game with zombies.....

So ya, I also brought pie..........care for a slice?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:25 am

The games never really were about zombies. The zombies were just a side effect caused by the virus that got loose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The games never really were about zombies.
But they were still a staple enemy of the franchise. The Walking Dead isn't "about" zombies, but it wouldn't be The Walking Dead without them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 pm

...but the zombies are the main villain in that and in all the other incarnations of the Dead franchise. Nobody knows what caused the dead to rise in those.

In Resident Evil there's always been something behind everything, were it Umbrella, Los Illuminados, Veltro or any other. Like I said, the zombies were only a side effect of the viral experiments. To me, the BOWs have always been more memorable than the zombies.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 pm

I wouldn't consider Walking Dead as part of the Dead series, since it's it's own thing.

Walking Dead is pretty awesome btw. I definitely recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:02 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I wouldn't consider Walking Dead as part of the Dead series, since it's it's own thing.
I didn't say it was part of it. I said it was an incarnation of it. This is because the Walking Dead comic was born from a project to make a Night of the Living Dead comic series.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
I didn't say it was part of it. I said it was an incarnation of it. This is because the Walking Dead comic was born from a project to make a Night of the Living Dead comic series.
Resident evil and zombies The-more-you-know
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Lets just put it this way. Resident Evil without zombies is like having cereal without milk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Lets just put it this way. Resident Evil without BOW's is like having cereal without milk.
Fixed. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Sargent D wrote:
Lets just put it this way. Resident Evil without BOW's is like having cereal without milk.
Fixed. Razz
Gah, Ravior you beat me to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah but if BOW's weren't in RE then it wouldn't be RE at all. That would be like just having a bowel with nothing in it. lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 pm

It's still a little much to say RE without zombies would be like having cereal without milk.

Really, zombies are starting to be quite played out nowadays. New zombie games pop up all the time. It would be pretty redundant to have zombies all the time. It's nice they're revisiting the zombies every once in a while but it's not like every RE should have them.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:44 pm

None of what's been said so far has negated the fact that zombies were still a staple enemy of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
None of what's been said so far has negated the fact that zombies were still a staple enemy of the franchise.
I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Very true.

but i also really agree with what mass said about them not being what it was about exactly.

i guess i feel that they are important because they were kinda what re was and still is known for.

known for being a zombie game.

but of course the fans know theres more to it. much more.

i also dont feel that the ganados and majini, indeed just las plagas infectees, stray too far from the basic zombies.

basically thats not something that would really make or break an RE game for me, having zombies versus ganados.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Spike991 wrote:
i also dont feel that the ganados and majini, indeed just las plagas infectees, stray too far from the basic zombies.
The word "zombie" implies a total lack of consciousness. That word doesn't really fit when you're carrying on your daily routine (like when Leon first encountered ganados) or using automatic weapons against "outsiders".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 am

What does it matter if they're braindead or not? Like I said, the BOWs themselves have always been the "staple" enemies in the games. They're not just further mutated infectees like in most other zombie games (even though we still have a few) but are bio organic weapons created by humans for war. What I think of when I hear "Resident Evil" is not zombies but bio-terror.
Back to top Go down
iNFiN1TY
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
iNFiN1TY

Playstation Network INFIN1TY-MiKe

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Resident evil should be like it was used to be, with zombies! survie the horror.. i want tyrants, lickers, hunters.. when i play RE.. i dont want some fckd up local africans no offense. I really dont get how they release revelations on a DS.. i mean :wtf: i seriously hope operation raccoon city is going to something to remember but i as a die hard fan feel so let down by capcom... for real.
Back to top Go down
http://www.consolewizard.nl
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The word "zombie" implies a total lack of consciousness. That word doesn't really fit when you're carrying on your daily routine (like when Leon first encountered ganados) or using automatic weapons against "outsiders".
the ganados were under control. might as well have been brain dead.

i know ive mentioned before that in older films, zombies were depicted as mindless people under control of another. much like the things seen in re4.

ill have to look that up, see exactly what movie or movies show that. before the flesh eating we're used to.

@infinity, what about all the BOWs in re5, and re4? thats not even counting the majini, which are also BOWs.

i love how stuff like that is completely and conveniently ignored, in favor of, 'i wish it was like it used to be'.

the BOWs are there, and the las plagas infectees arent so different.

of course i would love to see zombies again in a game.

and not just zonbies, but crimson heads. and a Tyrant would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

i know ive mentioned before that in older films, zombies were depicted as mindless people under control of another. much like the things seen in re4.
Yet neither ganados or majini were in any way mindless or brain dead. They were feeding cows and chickens, cooking food to eat, giving orders, using weapons. They still maintain a high level of consciousness.

Quote :
i love how stuff like that is completely and conveniently ignored, in favor of, 'i wish it was like it used to be'.
No one is ignoring anything. And I'm sorry if you don't like people "wishing it was like it used to be", but when a game franchise you like turns into something you don't, it's somewhat of a natural thing to do. I'm getting kind of tired of the "this is what you're getting, so like it" mentality that people have regarding these games.

Spike, I've never once busted anyone's chops for liking the new games, but you really give the impression that you're doing just that to me and others that don't with such comments as "that smells like bullshit" when someone says RE4 didn't scare them or claiming they're ignoring things when they aren't.
Back to top Go down
iNFiN1TY
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
iNFiN1TY

Playstation Network INFIN1TY-MiKe

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:21 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

ill have to look that up, see exactly what movie or movies show that. before the flesh eating we're used to.

@infinity, what about all the BOWs in re5, and re4? thats not even counting the majini, which are also BOWs.

the BOWs are there, and the las plagas infectees arent so different.

of course i would love to see zombies again in a game.

and not just zonbies, but crimson heads. and a Tyrant would be nice.

I dont agree on you there, cause its just not the same.. i am playing RE since the start and i am collecting everything since then from RE that aside, naturally i bought and played RE 4 & 5 but even though i liked the gameplay i feel it wasnt really Resident evil...

Its like this, when RE1 was out.. me and some friends where are speculating about a RE2 and a RE3 maybe a RE4?!?! and RE2 + RE3 gave us what we desired in a RE game.....total creepy and a wow factor, RE4 totally went another way.. as suprised and happy we where with 2&3 4 was like.. ahh okay cool controls, but wheres this, wheres that, wheres RE... (not saying 4&5 where shit)

Also i am so dissapointed they release a ''horror survival'' on a 3DS instead of on the bigger platforms like PS3 and Xbox 360..

But thats the same with Parasite Eve on the PSP .....

I would like to add, i also play / collect Metal gear solid, Silent hill, DMC etc. mostly they keep going at where they are good at..
i think RE would be better off doing the same..
Back to top Go down
http://www.consolewizard.nl
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:35 pm

iNFiN1TY wrote:
I would like to add, i also play / collect Metal gear solid, Silent hill, DMC etc. mostly they keep going at where they are good at..
i think RE would be better off doing the same..
Still there are people saying those series have turned into complete and utter crap. Not that I'd agree with them but still.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Just so everyone knows, the T-zombies were not BOWs. Everyone seems to think they are.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:03 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Just so everyone knows, the T-zombies were not BOWs. Everyone seems to think they are.
They're more like accidents. However they could still be used for the same purposes of BOWs if Umbrella wanted to.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
They're more like accidents. However they could still be used for the same purposes of BOWs if Umbrella wanted to.

They were accidents. That is all the were. And no, they couldn't be used as weapons. Weapons are controllable. Even most of the other BOWs could not be used as weapons, at least at their stage of development but they are called BOWs because they were meant to be weaponized. The zombies were not even meant to exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil and zombies   Resident evil and zombies Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil and zombies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next