HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.

Go down 
+3
Ghost Leader
Monster Mash
Mass Distraction
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. Empty
PostSubject: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:31 am

So I just went on article hunting around the web and found some pretty interesting info on ORC. It's not the latest stuff but I have not seen any of it being discussed here.

Jorge Bocanegra at RelyOnHorror reports that there will be extra game modes in ORC, possibly starring familiar characters. Now this is what we all have been waiting for, right? Source [link] provided with all the outgoing links you need. For the link haters out there, here's the text in it's entirety.

Quote :
Gametrailers was fortunate enough to hold an interview with Capcom’s own Mike Jones, one of the producers behind Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, at last week’s Gamers Day event. You can view said interview below, but I’m going to be going over some of the key things that were covered.

Firstly, we learn that the game will kick off with that classic scene where HUNK is sent to retrieve, or rather, steal, the G-Virus from William Birkin. This should definitely serve to to be quite an epic intro and a neat set-up to what will transpire throughout the game’s entirety: Umbrella trying to cover up their tracks, ceasing any chance of their involvement with the Raccoon City outbreak to be known.

We then learned a bit more about the infection feature in the game. Yes, you’ll be able to get infected by the T-Virus. If this happens to you, everything isn’t exactly going downhill (sort of). When infected you’ll simply be invulnerable in every area of your body, save for your head, in classic zombie fashion, of course. Basically, you’ll be able to enjoy a sort of limited invincibility mode of sorts, adding some layer of strategy to what would normally lead straight to death. Oh, and just make sure you have a partner nice enough to heal you nearby. If not, then, you’ll completely turn to a zombie and you could end up being a meat shield for your amiable buddies.

Lastly, it was strongly suggested that we may actually get a chance to play as some classic characters in the game’s extra modes that will be available. Capcom isn’t ready to talk about these extra modes just yet, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if a theory of mine from long ago comes to fruition.

For the theory of his, and this is for all the people longing for a RE2 remake, here's the [link].

Oh, hey, look Very Happy I learned how to embed videos from GameTrailers. Here's the interview he was talking about.

OFFICIAL INFO ON THE CANONICITY OF THE GAME: [link]. There is, indeed, the possibility to do things the canon way. You got it. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Also have a bunch of pictures: [link].

Expect some more additional information on other things too. I'll get to that as I've done reading it all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Awesome.

I've been thinking about it recently, and I've come to the conclusion that a remake of RE2 or RE3 in the near future would not be a good idea. RE1 needed to be remade, but the other games are fine as is. ORC now makes the idea of an RE2/RE3 utterly redundant.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Did you read the guy's theory?
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm currently at the front desk in a library, so I'll have to watch it later.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Watch? It's a link. It's text. Lots of it.

I can link it here again if it wasn't clear in my post: [link]
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
ORC now makes the idea of an RE2/RE3 utterly redundant.
And precisely why is that? Question
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Oh my cod I can't wait to see what the additional game modes are. If it lets you play as some of the classical characters, Imma love the hell out of this game
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Awesome.

I've been thinking about it recently, and I've come to the conclusion that a remake of RE2 or RE3 in the near future would not be a good idea. RE1 needed to be remade, but the other games are fine as is. ORC now makes the idea of an RE2/RE3 utterly redundant.

There you go, that makes sense.

They don't need to be remade. Certainly not anytime really soon.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Honestly Im not super concerned if RE2 or 3 do get a remake. Like id love if they did get remade but I mean Im not gonna cry if there never is. Also if theres RE2 remake with ORC thatd be epic as hell
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

I forgot the word "remake." The original games haven't been made redundant, but I do think that at this point, remakes would be pointless.

And Mass, great link. Having the remakes as DLC makes sense, although given the many different scenarios you can play in ORC, it still strikes me as having no point.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 am

Monster Mash wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

I forgot the word "remake." The original games haven't been made redundant, but I do think that at this point, remakes would be pointless.
I know you forgot a word in there. I'm asking why remakes of RE2 and 3 would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:29 am

Because there are enough games right now that are/have been set during RE2/3. And most fans, like me, would rather see the developer focus on expanding the franchise and story, rather than make the old games look better with a few additions.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Because there are enough games right now that are/have been set during RE2/3. And most fans, like me, would rather see the developer focus on expanding the franchise and story, rather than make the old games look better with a few additions.

Pretty much what I was going to say. ORC basically is a remake with a whole lot of other stuff added. It isn't going to be perfectly the same as the originals, but most of the important characters and events will be intact. Like Nite, I want the series to move on. That does not mean that the whole style and feel of the older games should be jettisoned, but I'm really looking forward to brand new stories instead of retreads of old ones.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I love the scene with birkin in re2, and it was epic in the outbreak intro.

cant wait to see how they do it in orc...

also, fingers crossed for them not fucking up william in human form. awesome in the like 1 minute we saw in in re2 and was also great in re0. horrible in the chronicles games, especially UC. they did a good job on his mutations in DSC though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Supposedly William is going to be human only in the opening, as the game is meant to start from the point where HUNK's team is trying to retrieve the G-virus.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Know what I wonder, if there will be any new bosses
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:30 pm

There has been talk of new BOWs being included in the game. The only new enemy we have so far is NE-Beta but those are just parasites.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Supposedly William is going to be human only in the opening, as the game is meant to start from the point where HUNK's team is trying to retrieve the G-virus.
Thats what im saying, the moments leading up to him getting shot, which leads to him injecting himself with G out of desperation is something i hope is as cool as it was in re2. birkin sounding like a 13 year old boy who hasnt hit puberty not being the desired voice for instance.

also, while his human appearance may be brief, he DOES actually have a trademark style that sets him apart. he always seems to have his shirt no buttoned all the way up, with his signature red tie loosened as well.

its a little thing, but its his thing.

i think its kind of cool.

when you see him in re0, he has pretty basic, black slacks and a white shirt, while in re2 he has a green shirt and blue jeans. still having the tie and lab coat of course.

sorry if im coming off as picky, but bill birkin is a cool, and even overlooked character, who is made to look and sound like a complete wuss in UC especially.

just make him like he was in re2 and re0, thats all im getting at.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:50 pm

I am seriously horrified.

Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. 383742_296679737019587_185275861493309_989841_359392795_n

Oh, and go like them on [Facebook] if you haven't already, lot's of cool updates.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Birkin in his 4th form!

man im so excited for the re lineup.....its nearly upon us.

i just grabbed a couple of my re games i had packed away, so im gonna get my re fix soon.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Isn't that the 3rd form, or did you count him as a human too?
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I am seriously horrified.

Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. 383742_296679737019587_185275861493309_989841_359392795_n

Oh, and go like them on [Facebook] if you haven't already, lot's of cool updates.

It would be the coolest thing ever if we actually got to play as him?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 am

Won't happen. I don't think they're going with the L4D fad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.   Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates. Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Raccoon City: Additional game modes and other updates.
Page 1 of 1