HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favorite Resident Evil Game?

Go down 
+34
RE Psycho
Biosherryism
Jamesy
Methsia
HUNK'syouruncle
ChrisSherry
RebelliousQueen
Billy Coen
8BitNinja
Turo602
Trichos
Yoshi
La Femme Fatale
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
r-zone
ChickenHeart
PartyGirl
Incompetent Barry
chaso13
spawn
JamTyrantH
BiohazardNews
weskersbarber
iNFiN1TY
The Knife
ZombiePrincess
Cyberote
ThomVD
Spike991
Ghost Leader
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
B
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 am

Quote :
How is it any different, taking the action a bit further in RE4 from previous games, like CVX had done with previous games, and RE3 before it?

I myself personally thought they changed the style of the game too much to focus more on action than horror.

Quote :
Well then maybe you didn't play the game right. For you it was about shooting? What the hell does that even mean?

What I said above.

Quote :
It seems like that's what you want it to be about. To me and every other logical person, it was a story, about saving the Prez's daughter.

When did I ever say it wasn't about saving the presidents daughter ?

Quote :
In RE1, to me it was just about shooting zombies....yeah that makes sense huh?

Shooting zombies was a factor but I felt it was more about survival as ammo was more scarce.

Quote :
Rhetorical questions, nice. Obviously I didn't watch you play the game, duh. But Obviously you are full of it, as theres no way you can say that you were scared shitless playing pretty much every RE game prior to RE4, and RE4 didn't do a damn thing to provoke that horror response.

RE 4 just didn't do it for me. I know some people who are terrified of movies like Saw yet films like The Shining have no effect on them. Just different tastes for people.

Quote :
And I've got this offer to anyone who wants to sit there and claim some BS like that. Play RE4, recording your run and yourself the entire time, so we can see this dumbass, dull as shit, expressionless, bored and nonscarred look on that mug of yours.

Wow childish insults how immature.

Quote :
Might play RE4 if you had the opportunity? Obviously you have no desire see any good in RE4, you just wanna stick with this bogus "opinion" of yours.

Uh no....Last time I played RE 4 I honestly didn't care much for it. I completed it the whole way throught and didn't care to play it again. It's nothing to do with me decided to automatically hate it, it's to do with me actually playing the game right through to the very end and basing my opinion on that. I might play it again as some time has passed and I will tell you this. If I do find myself enjoying it or being scared then I will honestly admit it.

Oh and as for the so called "bogus" opinion you have labelled, you're incorrect it's actually called a Different opinion. Stop behaving like a spoiled child just because someone else has a different opinion than you. There are plenty of people who like RE 4 and there are people who didn't like it, I don't care that there are people who loved it, I don't see why you need to behave so overly passionate me not necessarily loving it. It's no big deal.

Quote :
This is the exact description of you. Pure and simple.

Uh.....no it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:27 am

Uhm not to be the negative Nancy of the discussion, but I hated RE4..I bought the collectors edition. It doesn't have so much to do with the game play, but more the story. In a nutshell I thought it was crap.

That's just me though, and I tend to like the more classic of things.
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

Yoshi wrote:
Uhm not to be the negative Nancy of the discussion, but I hated RE4... I bought the collectors edition. It doesn't have so much to do with the game play, but more the story. In a nutshell I thought it was crap.
I don't know if crap is the right word, but replaying it right now I have the same feeling as when I played it the first time: the feeling that I'm constantly waiting/expecting/hoping for the actual plot to be revealed. Saddler and Salazar – especially Salazar – were good villains, but I always expected something more profound than Los Illuminados, something more then a man's religiously veiled aspirations for world domination.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Maybe crap is a bit harsh there were good aspects about the game. I didn't care for the new villians much though. I really did like the gameplay and controls though. I just think they could have went a better route when it came to the story line.
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 pm

r-zone wrote:
I myself personally thought they changed the style of the game too much to focus more on action than horror.

Well you yourself peronally are wrong. They didn't change it too much.

r-zone wrote:
What I said above.

What did you say?

r-zone wrote:

When you said it was about Shooting, duh.

r-zone wrote:
Shooting zombies was a factor but I felt it was more about survival as ammo was more scarce.

So ammo being more scarce is what made it a bad experience?

r-zone wrote:
RE 4 just didn't do it for me. I know some people who are terrified of movies like Saw yet films like The Shining have no effect on them. Just different tastes for people.

Didn't do what?

And what people? Let's have some names.

Spike991 wrote:
And I've got this offer to anyone who wants to sit there and claim some BS like that. Play RE4, recording your run and yourself the entire time, so we can see this dumbass, dull as shit, expressionless, bored and nonscarred look on that mug of yours.

r-zone wrote:

Hey chump, I never insulted you, I just offered a fair chance for you to prove what you are saying. Apparently you decline, cuz your wrong.

r-zone wrote:
Uh no....Last time I played RE 4 I honestly didn't care much for it. I completed it the whole way throught and didn't care to play it again. It's nothing to do with me decided to automatically hate it, it's to do with me actually playing the game right through to the very end and basing my opinion on that. I might play it again as some time has passed and I will tell you this. If I do find myself enjoying it or being scared then I will honestly admit it.

Oh and as for the so called "bogus" opinion you have labelled, you're incorrect it's actually called a Different opinion. Stop behaving like a spoiled child just because someone else has a different opinion than you. There are plenty of people who like RE 4 and there are people who didn't like it, I don't care that there are people who loved it, I don't see why you need to behave so overly passionate me not necessarily loving it. It's no big deal.

Nope, you're wrong.

r-zone wrote:
Uh.....no it isn't.

Yep, you can't deny the truth.

Yoshi wrote:
Uhm not to be the negative Nancy of the discussion, but I hated RE4..I bought the collectors edition. It doesn't have so much to do with the game play, but more the story. In a nutshell I thought it was crap.

That's just me though, and I tend to like the more classic of things.

The story wasn't perfect, but it wasn't so bad to where somebody could Hate it. I mean there was nothing wrong with it. Comparing it to other RE storylines, it wasn't nearly as great, but even still, Hate?
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 am

[quote="Spike991"]
r-zone wrote:

Quote :
Well you yourself peronally are wrong. They didn't change it too much.

That's why to me the changes were too drastic, it's my opinion.

r-zone wrote:

Quote :
When you said it was about Shooting, duh.

Yeah the gameplay, not the story itself.

r-zone wrote:

Quote :
So ammo being more scarce is what made it a bad experience?

Not necessarily but for me it just reduces the survival impact.

r-zone wrote:

Quote :
Didn't do what?

I just didn't like it as much as the previous games, same with RE 5 I might add.

Quote :
And what people? Let's have some names.

Some friends, a few family members why do you want their names ?

Spike991 wrote:

r-zone wrote:

Quote :
Hey chump, I never insulted you, I just offered a fair chance for you to prove what you are saying

Yes you did and using aggressive language is unnecessary.

Quote :
Apparently you decline, cuz your wrong.

Again I ask you, how you do you know 100% I wasn't scared at all ? what makes you so certain ? if you didn't watch me play it, then how do you know I sat there trembling with fear as you believe ?

r-zone wrote:

Quote :
Nope, you're wrong.

Nope I'm right. Different opinion, better get used to people having them.

r-zone wrote:
Uh.....no it isn't.

Quote :
Yep, you can't deny the truth.

I'm denying what you're claimng me to be because that's not who I am.

Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:18 pm

I'd have to say Resident Evil REmake and Resident Evil 2. Instant classics right there. Next inline would have to be Resident Evil 4 and Zero.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 am

Wow lemme clean up your quote fail.

r-zone wrote:
That's why to me the changes were too drastic, it's my opinion.

Nope, you're just wrong.

r-zone wrote:
Yeah the gameplay, not the story itself.
The gameplay has never been just about shooting in the main series. ANd RE4's story definately never had anything to do with shooting being a major plot point.

r-zone wrote:
Not necessarily but for me it just reduces the survival impact.

What about starting off with an army base worth of ammunition playing RE3 on Easy? You get every damn weapon and have plenty of ammo, what about the survival there jr?

r-zone wrote:
I just didn't like it as much as the previous games, same with RE 5 I might add.

Um duh you didn't like RE5 either. You just didn't? Figures, not a real reason cuz you don't have one, cuz you are just a sheep. *Bhaaaa*

r-zone wrote:
Some friends, a few family members why do you want their names ?

These made-up people don't support your case, knock it out kid.

r-zone wrote:
Yes you did and using aggressive language is unnecessary.

I didn't use any aggressive language. You are just uing aggressive stupidity and I take offense.

r-zone wrote:
Again I ask you, how you do you know 100% I wasn't scared at all ? what makes you so certain ? if you didn't watch me play it, then how do you know I sat there trembling with fear as you believe ?

Hey nimrod, I said I didn't see you play it. That is the offer. You prove it. Because even though you've played it before, though I start to wonder on even that, you know what happens and aren't going to be as prone to the little scares, but I know they'll still get you.

r-zone wrote:
You know Spike, I've been really dumb and ingnorant in this whole thing. You are completely right, I overlooked the horror and survival aspects of RE4, and even RE5 too, but mainly RE4. So I want to retract my previous nonsense and give full credit to you for making me see the err of my ways..

NP.

r-zone wrote:
I'm denying what you're claimng me to be because that's not who I am.

I don't claim, I just provide Factual information, like the aforementioned.
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:50 am

The immuturity you have displayed is just completely ridiculous. We each have different opinions and that's all there is to it. I don't see why you need to make a big deal out of it. I don't necessarily love RE 4 the way you do and that's all there is to it god get over it.

I stand by mine opinion, you can hate, despise,criticise me all you want for simply having a different opinion so be it.

Last edited by r-zone on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 am

Spike991 wrote:
I don't claim, I just provide Factual information, like the aforementioned.
Because your the almighty Spike and you know everything there is to know about the meaning of life......and RE. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 pm

r-zone wrote:
The immuturity you have displayed is just completely ridiculous. We each have different opinions and that's all there is to it. I don't see why you need to make a big deal out of it. I don't necessarily love RE 4 the way you do and that's all there is to it god get over it.

I stand by mine opinion, you can hate, despise,criticise me all you want for simply having a different opinion so be it.

Nope, you are completely wrong and have no desire to prove yourself, when you have the opportunity to prove me wrong, making you even more wrong than you were previously, which is hard to do considering how wrong you were to begin with.

You can stand by being wrong all you like, doesn't bother me any.
Back to top Go down
8BitNinja
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
8BitNinja

Playstation Network jadester343
Steam : Jadester343

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Resident Evil 2 has to be my favorite one, I've run throughout it maybe 100x's and i have pretty much the entire game committed to memory. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JadeSeriously
8BitNinja
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
8BitNinja

Playstation Network jadester343
Steam : Jadester343

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Spike991 wrote:
r-zone wrote:

Nope, you are completely wrong and have no desire to prove yourself, when you have the opportunity to prove me wrong, making you even more wrong than you were previously, which is hard to do considering how wrong you were to begin with.

You can stand by being wrong all you like, doesn't bother me any.

I agree that i didn't love the game play of 5 that much, but i do love that the story is still going, if your a hardcore fan of the series, you have to sometimes just appreciate that your series is still on going and just roll with the punches, i hated the changes too but theres nothing we as players can do about it, its all up to the designers. I think 5 has its [place in the series just as all the rest and 4 is amazing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JadeSeriously
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm

A new member, nice. Welcome to the forums. For future reference, to avoid double posts use the edit button.

I thought the gameplay in RE5 was pretty much improved from RE4. It didn't have horror, sure, but it was still fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Billy Coen
Cerberus
Cerberus
Billy Coen

Playstation Network striderhiyru91

PostSubject: What Resident Evil game is your own personal Favorite?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 am

For me it would have to be Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. Some of the reasons are because 1. Very big atmosphere to explore in Raccon City. 2. Tons and Tons of monsters! Zombies, drain demos, brain suckers, hunter gammas, hunter alphas, cerbues etc. 3. Nemieses persistent rampage to eliminate all S.T.A.R.S members made it feel like you where never save. What are your guys favorite and give me reasons why? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000424568896&sk=in
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:48 am

Claire Redfield's very own Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 Ez011
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Billy Coen
Cerberus
Cerberus
Billy Coen

Playstation Network striderhiyru91

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 am

Poor steve. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000424568896&sk=in
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 am

I have to go with Resident Evil 3 as well. Such good memories Smile
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 am

REmake, with RE2 and CV as close seconds.

REmake to me was the perfect RE game. It managed to have everything that is good about RE in one game.
RE2 had awesome characters and the scenario system was very well done.
CV had a great story, music and gameplay
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:34 am

Mine is RE2, it changed what needed to be changed and kept what had to be kept from the original
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 am

My favourite has to be Resident Evil 3. It created such a great, terrifying and highly immersive atmoshpere. I also liked how it had one long campaing for Jill instead of 2 similar campaigns for 2 charcaters like in RE and RE2. I liked the dodge system and how you can make your own ammo. In a nutshell it was just the most memorable fore me, i kept coming back to it more often than the others. Resident Evil: Revelations is my second favourite RE title. The story was great as was the atmosphere, it had a great cast of characters including my favourite RE character and favourite female videogame character: Jill Valentine. Revelations is a perfect mix of the old and new of Resident Evil and I'm very happy to know that the producer is very keen to make another like it on 3DS, it would probably advance the plot 'cause Revelations ends on a cliffhanger
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 am

I get the feeling that REmake and RE3 are the most popular RE games here.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 am

I'm going with CVX. First ever Classic, felt the fear for the first time.

And it was cool to play as Chris' sister.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:49 am

Methsia wrote:
I'm going with CVX. First ever Classic, felt the fear for the first time.

And it was cool to play as Chris' sister.

CVX is definetely one of my all time favourites. It was good to play as a character who has been shoved to the side for far too long. She deserves another game to herself. I seem to prefer alot of the female characters over the male characters when it comes to Resident Evil, i just found them to be far more interesting
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah it was cool to play as a Lady and when I got round to playing as Chris
I rushed everything to get to Claire. :{
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Resident Evil Game?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next