HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favorite Resident Evil Game?

Go down 
+34
RE Psycho
Biosherryism
Jamesy
Methsia
HUNK'syouruncle
ChrisSherry
RebelliousQueen
Billy Coen
8BitNinja
Turo602
Trichos
Yoshi
La Femme Fatale
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
r-zone
ChickenHeart
PartyGirl
Incompetent Barry
chaso13
spawn
JamTyrantH
BiohazardNews
weskersbarber
iNFiN1TY
The Knife
ZombiePrincess
Cyberote
ThomVD
Spike991
Ghost Leader
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
B
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Resident Evil 4. I like all of them though. I liked Resident Evil 4 the best mainly because they infused the characters with more personality than any of the other games. It was the best written and voice acted Resident Evil game IMO. Fantastic job by the voice actors and writers.

And despite what people say about it, I did like the gameplay. The genre isn't horror anymore IMO and I could understand that people miss the old school suspenseful gameplay. I like horror/suspense games too but I love action games as well. Plus it makes sense. Its not like Chris and Jill being stuck running around a scary mansion or Leon and Claire being stuck in some scary police station. There's no reason for Leon to still be scared after his experiences, and hence neither should the gamer playing him. Leon is now a US Secret service soldier and has been trained to kill B.O.W.s like an expert for many years following his experience in RE2, just the way you see the US Spec Ops soldiers doing in the trailer for Resident Evil ORC. There's no need for an element of fear when you are playing a character who is now supposed to be a legit bad ass and probably one of the best in the world at dealing with B.O.W.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:48 pm

hey sister, re4 still had horror.

the genre is still what it used to be, with some more action elements.
Back to top Go down
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:35 am

Spike991 wrote:

Yeah, that's true. I mean certain battles like Vertugo were supposed to instill a little fear. However, there definitely is an element of professionalism to both Leon and Chris in RE4 and RE5, where they do this for a living now so the fear element is not as prominent. They are much more used to it and go about it as a job. It is no more scary to them to fight zombies than it is for Soap to fight military troops in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 am

While RE4 still had horror for sure, it's nice to see people who get the fact that the characters know what they are getting into Very Happy

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks! Been reading here a long time and I thought it was long overdue that I begin posting Smile Smile Happy to be here!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:47 pm

PartyGirl wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Yeah, that's true. I mean certain battles like Vertugo were supposed to instill a little fear. However, there definitely is an element of professionalism to both Leon and Chris in RE4 and RE5, where they do this for a living now so the fear element is not as prominent. They are much more used to it and go about it as a job. It is no more scary to them to fight zombies than it is for Soap to fight military troops in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Ok okay.

now verdugo is a great example. also the garrador, salvador, regenerators, basically any if the sub bosses too.

and i agree with how leon and chris, and jill and claire for that matter, have all been threw enough to where they should play a little more efficiently, cuz they know what the hell theyre doing.

that might take some of the horror out, being able to handle the situations better, but just add more dimensions and elements.

how bout guns jamming(my idea btw, i take full credit), having more difficult enemies, like crimson heads, etc.
Back to top Go down
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Spike991 wrote:
PartyGirl wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Ok okay.

now verdugo is a great example. also the garrador, salvador, regenerators, basically any if the sub bosses too.

and i agree with how leon and chris, and jill and claire for that matter, have all been threw enough to where they should play a little more efficiently, cuz they know what the hell theyre doing.

that might take some of the horror out, being able to handle the situations better, but just add more dimensions and elements.

how bout guns jamming(my idea btw, i take full credit), having more difficult enemies, like crimson heads, etc.

More difficult enemies is a great idea! I personally thought RE5 was too damn easy in coop. I played with a friend and we just rolled through it and that really took ALL the fear out of it and I don't want that.

I think its a tough balance to keep the fear/horror in it and keep the story progressing. I mean if they continue to follow the canon timeline, it has been many years since the outbreak and if we are playing as the characters who are supposed to be professionals then it should not be very scary for them as they know what they are getting into and are trained to handle it. They should be desensitized to the fear by now and act professional about their business. But this only applies to characters like Leon, HUNK, Chris, Ada, and Jill who are specially trained and world class elite zombie killers. I think with characters like Claire or Rebecca it should still be a scary business because although they are experienced, they are not really trained to fight these monsters so when games are centered around those characters it should still have a RE1/RE2 type feel IMO.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Co-op is something we shouldnt see in the story mode for RE, ever. mercs is cool though.

we could and should start some new characters. maybe some outbreak characters, or just stay away from the main ones like chris, jill, leon, claire.

thats another reason that reboot idea might not be too bad. maybe have cameos from our professional characters, whatever.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Resident Evil 3 or Outbreak. I loved all extras you could unlock in the Outbreak games. Nothing like being able to play as a firefighter or one of the USS guys.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Resident Evil 3 or Outbreak. I loved all extras you could unlock in the Outbreak games. Nothing like being able to play as a firefighter or one of the USS guys.

Now you're talkin' my language.

Extras galore!
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am

And with a Gameshark you could unlock unreleased File #3 costumes like Hunk! I miss my PS2 and Outbreak Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 am

Resident Evil Code Veronica X is my favourite. I just love it. RE 1 on the psone second.

Thrid- RE 3
Fourth- RE 2.

I wasn't a huge fan of 4 and 5. They were good games they just didn't feel very Resident Evil like to me. I think I prefer 5 because Wesker, Jill and Chris, 3 of my favorite characters were in it.

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 pm

r-zone wrote:
I wasn't a huge fan of 4 and 5. They were good games they just didn't feel very Resident Evil like to me.

How not? Horror and survival don't feel like RE?

@chickenheart, I heard about that, but never had the pleasure. Though all the awesome skins, BGM's, cutscenes and art were plenty for me. Outbreak had it's shit down as far as extras went.
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 am

Quote :

Survival I'll grant you that (but even saying that they still felt more action to me) but I don't personally consider them to be horror, I didn't find them creepy at all unlike the previous ones which still even to this day scare me.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:05 pm

I must say that I still jump at times playing RE4 even though I thought I wouldn't. I'm horrified of the Regenerator part...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Ultimate Bio-Weapon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 am

My top 5 Resident Evil games are,

1. Resident Evil (1996)

2. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

3. Resident Evil 2

4. Resident Evil (Remake)

5. Resident Evil: Outbreak

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 pm

r-zone wrote:
Quote :

Survival I'll grant you that (but even saying that they still felt more action to me) but I don't personally consider them to be horror, I didn't find them creepy at all unlike the previous ones which still even to this day scare me.

I mean most games have some sort of survival, so it's kinda stupid to say it's lacking in RE4...

MassDistraction wrote:
I must say that I still jump at times playing RE4 even though I thought I wouldn't. I'm horrified of the Regenerator part...

This is what I'm talking about Zone. It's these little things like Regenerators, and Verdugos, and Novistadors in the sewers that people tend to forget when they get on a roll talking about how lame RE4 was and how it didn't have any horror or survival and no zombies and how it's all action and how they want it to return to it's roots.
Back to top Go down
La Femme Fatale
Cerberus
Cerberus
La Femme Fatale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm going to say Resident Evil 4, because it was the game that really made me fall in love with the series. I was into it during the 90s, shortly after Dino Crisis was released, but I found by the time RE 0 was released the series became way too redundant. I love RE 4 for precisely being that 'breath of fresh air', which is what I suppose alot of people dislike it for but eh.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 pm

La Femme Fatale wrote:
I'm going to say Resident Evil 4, because it was the game that really made me fall in love with the series. I was into it during the 90s, shortly after Dino Crisis was released, but I found by the time RE 0 was released the series became way too redundant. I love RE 4 for precisely being that 'breath of fresh air', which is what I suppose alot of people dislike it for but eh.

Unfortunately there are so many pros and cons to liking certain things in the series. I guess RE is just big like that now.

I bet you had some "Oh shit" moments huh?

As I recall you said you sucked at Mercs, haha, so the enemies being too easy probably wasn't an issue with you.

I mean, we can all get scarred when a crazy guy with a potato sack is all up in your grill with a chainsaw. Neutral
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 am

Quote :
I mean most games have some sort of survival, so it's kinda stupid to say it's lacking in RE4...

To me RE 4 (and 5) felt more like action games, and action was given more emphasis as opposed to actually survivng unlike the previous games.
I know this game had survival I didn't say it didn't I just meant that action was given far more emphasis .

Quote :
This is what I'm talking about Zone. It's these little things like Regenerators, and Verdugos, and Novistadors in the sewers that people tend to forget when they get on a roll talking about how lame RE4 was and how it didn't have any horror or survival and no zombies and how it's all action and how they want it to return to it's roots.

OK It has been quite a while since I have played RE 4 but from what I can recall nothing even remotely scared me or creeped me out (and I am very much a wimp) but this is just me personally. If you and Mass Distraction found that scary that's fine I just didn't.

And by the way I hardly went on a "roll" as you put I simply stated that I didn't really like RE4 and that's all. I never even said the game was bad, just that I personally didn't like it atleast as an RE game.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:26 pm

La Femme Fatale wrote:
I love RE 4 for precisely being that 'breath of fresh air', which is what I suppose alot of people dislike it for but eh.
I think that's because most people don't like change....like me but I still LOVED that game when it came out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 pm

r-zone wrote:
Quote :

To me RE 4 (and 5) felt more like action games, and action was given more emphasis as opposed to actually survivng unlike the previous games.
I know this game had survival I didn't say it didn't I just meant that action was given far more emphasis .

Quote :

OK It has been quite a while since I have played RE 4 but from what I can recall nothing even remotely scared me or creeped me out (and I am very much a wimp) but this is just me personally. If you and Mass Distraction found that scary that's fine I just didn't.

And by the way I hardly went on a "roll" as you put I simply stated that I didn't really like RE4 and that's all. I never even said the game was bad, just that I personally didn't like it atleast as an RE game.

You see I've heard that song before. RE4 isn't a bad game just a bad RE game. I'm not gonna settle for that.

RE4 had more action than CVX. CVX had more action than RE3. RE3 had more action than RE2 for sure.

I mean more action being implimented is something that has been going on for awhile. Really since the beginning.

RE4 had more emphasis on action: Fact. But it wasn't just an Action game. Not at all.

And I seriously doubt that you didn't have any fearful moments in RE4, if you had them in the "Original" titles. No way I can seriously entertain that idea.

I mean I wasn't really scarred playing any RE games. They sometimes have their jumpy moments, and RE4 had it's share too.

It's been a real long time since I've played RE4, and I'm due for another run, likewise, it seems like you should sit down and play this game that gets so much illegit hate. Not because anybody thinks its a bad game, but because they feel or have been led to believe in their long absences from playing it while reading about how not scary and action packed it is, just have such a negative view on it, a planted negative pessimistic view.
Back to top Go down
r-zone
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:28 am

Quote :
You see I've heard that song before. RE4 isn't a bad game just a bad RE game. I'm not gonna settle for that.

To me it is, that's just my opinion.

Quote :
RE4 had more action than CVX. CVX had more action than RE3. RE3 had more action than RE2 for sure.

Yes but for me personally it concentrated way too much on action and not enough horror.

Quote :
I mean more action being implimented is something that has been going on for awhile. Really since the beginning.

Same for what I said above.

Quote :
RE4 had more emphasis on action: Fact. But it wasn't just an Action game. Not at all.

For me it was, it was more about shooting and action than horror.

Quote :
And I seriously doubt that you didn't have any fearful moments in RE4, if you had them in the "Original" titles. No way I can seriously entertain that idea.

I homestly can't remember any scares I had and besides did you watch me play the game ? if not than how do you know that I definately had some fearful moments ? I'm sure that perhaps maybe once I found something creepy but I can't remember and compared to the previous games where I can vividly remeber what scared me being creeped out maybe once is pretty lame.

Quote :
I mean I wasn't really scarred playing any RE games. They sometimes have their jumpy moments, and RE4 had it's share too.

That's the diffrence between me and you I easily get scared but not just at the jumpy moments as you stated, at the general atmosphere the other games generated. Nothing in RE 4, the ganados or the atmosphere creeped me out. Well as I said maybe once but as I say only maybe.

Quote :
It's been a real long time since I've played RE4, and I'm due for another run, likewise, it seems like you should sit down and play this game

I might just do that, if I get an opportunity.

Quote :
but because they feel or have been led to believe in their long absences from playing it while reading about how not scary and action packed it is, just have such a negative view on it, a planted negative pessimistic view.

Well maybe or like me they just played and simply didn't like it.

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 pm

r-zone wrote:
Quote :

To me it is, that's just my opinion.

Quote :

Yes but for me personally it concentrated way too much on action and not enough horror.

Quote :

Same for what I said above.

Quote :

For me it was, it was more about shooting and action than horror.

Quote :

I homestly can't remember any scares I had and besides did you watch me play the game ? if not than how do you know that I definately had some fearful moments ? I'm sure that perhaps maybe once I found something creepy but I can't remember and compared to the previous games where I can vividly remeber what scared me being creeped out maybe once is pretty lame.

Quote :

That's the diffrence between me and you I easily get scared but not just at the jumpy moments as you stated, at the general atmosphere the other games generated. Nothing in RE 4, the ganados or the atmosphere creeped me out. Well as I said maybe once but as I say only maybe.

Quote :
It's been a real long time since I've played RE4, and I'm due for another run, likewise, it seems like you should sit down and play this game

I might just do that, if I get an opportunity.

Quote :
but because they feel or have been led to believe in their long absences from playing it while reading about how not scary and action packed it is, just have such a negative view on it, a planted negative pessimistic view.

Well maybe or like me they just played and simply didn't like it.

It's your opinion whether you liked RE4. It's not a matter of opinion whether RE4 was an action game or not. It wasn't an action game: Fact.

How is it any different, taking the action a bit further in RE4 from previous games, like CVX had done with previous games, and RE3 before it?

Well then maybe you didn't play the game right. For you it was about shooting? What the hell does that even mean?

It seems like that's what you want it to be about. To me and every other logical person, it was a story, about saving the Prez's daughter.

In RE1, to me it was just about shooting zombies....yeah that makes sense huh?

Rhetorical questions, nice. Obviously I didn't watch you play the game, duh. But Obviously you are full of it, as theres no way you can say that you were scared shitless playing pretty much every RE game prior to RE4, and RE4 didn't do a damn thing to provoke that horror response.

And I've got this offer to anyone who wants to sit there and claim some BS like that. Play RE4, recording your run and yourself the entire time, so we can see this dumbass, dull as shit, expressionless, bored and nonscarred look on that mug of yours.

Once I see that, I'll admit that I was wrong. But something tells me that ain't gonna happen.

Might play RE4 if you had the opportunity? Obviously you have no desire see any good in RE4, you just wanna stick with this bogus "opinion" of yours.

"but because they feel or have been led to believe in their long absences from playing it while reading about how not scary and action packed it is, just have such a negative view on it, a planted negative pessimistic view."

This is the exact description of you. Pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Have to agree RE4 wasnt an action game and did have its scary moments. I mean like what about those regenrators in the lab. That noise they made freaked me out before I even seen the damn thing. There were many other freaky parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Resident Evil Game?   Favorite Resident Evil Game? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Resident Evil Game?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next