Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I do not highly enjoy Outbreak

Go down 
+4
Mass Distraction
Monster Mash
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  Empty
PostSubject: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:49 pm

So i finally got around to playing Outbreak This week and man the first one I bet but the 2nd one I quit can't do it, its just not that fun. It wouldnt be half as bad but every time you go through a door it takes like an hour >.>..... I also played Dead Aim and it was fucking awesome I thought id hate it but it rocked.

Just watched all the cutscenes for file 2 man Desperate times had neat stuff otg like what happened before leon got there and all i liked that. Also end of the road looked pretty epic too, its not really the fact i didnt like the game its the fact that it took to god damn long to do anything D:

Also wtf happened to the tyrant, wtf was in that crate and wtf happened when it ate the tyrant
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:28 pm

The only thing I can't stand about Outbreak is that I cannot get use to the weird analogue control.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 pm

what do you mean
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:43 pm

The controls and the long loading times do give me problems, but I have other issues with the game too. Past the first cutscene, it doesn't seem like you are able to gain any kind personal connection with the characters. Because you can pick who you want to play, the characters can't be shown in the other cutscenes, so when anybody interacts with who you are playing as is, it's always a "Hey, you!" scenario, which I don't like at all. Also, the AI is crap. People will piss and moan for help when they get hurt, yet if you're injured, the other characters are often out and about and you have to go out of your way to get them. There seems to be hardly any interaction between the characters, and the pre-programmed things that they say get really old after a while. Nine times out of ten, you're the only one doing absolutely everything, and the other people are just taking up space. Sometimes, I just want to let them die (I've actually attempted to kill them a few times), but for some reason, I don't want to be lonely in the desolate settings, and I end up wasting herbs on them. Also, when you're dying from blood loss and can't be saved but also can't be killed, it's just a waste of time. Having you're character crawl around on the floor waiting to die is just annoying. The game's overall concept was pretty cool, but I think that it was really poorly executed. Put all of these things together, and you have a game that often feels like a big waste of time. Some of the camera angles and cut scenes are cool, though.

The farthest I've gotten is the hospital. I managed to kill the leech monster/Poor Man's Oroboros in the furnace, but another just breeds soon after. Even after getting the code to the roof, I'm completely stuck and don't know what to do next. Anyone got any advice? I hate to blatantly ask people how to beat a level, but unless I get some kind of meaningful help, I just don't think that I'll be motivated to play this game anytime soon.

One more question; at a local Gamestop, there's a copy of File #2. I've heard that it's noticeably better than the first one, but other reviews have stated that it's no better. Given my feelings towards #1, do you think it would be a good buy or should I pass it over?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:24 am

Monster Mash wrote:
One more question; at a local Gamestop, there's a copy of File #2. I've heard that it's noticeably better than the first one, but other reviews have stated that it's no better. Given my feelings towards #1, do you think it would be a good buy or should I pass it over?
The second game is better by far.

These games leave a lot to imagination, as they were meant to be almost completely multiplayer games. I enjoy them and I like it how every character has their own ending sequences and a couple of special ones.

chocotricks wrote:
Also wtf happened to the tyrant, wtf was in that crate and wtf happened when it ate the tyrant
I don't fell like explaining, it's too complicated... I'd recommend just playing the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:22 am

Monster Mash wrote:
Anyone got any advice? I hate to blatantly ask people how to beat a level, but unless I get some kind of meaningful help, I just don't think that I'll be motivated to play this game anytime soon.

[i][left]If you are really stuck then use youtube. There will probably be a video somewhere that will help you out.
Also I loved the outbreaks and the fact of them being multi player made them even better.
File#2 is definitely better than the first, I need to go back replay it sometime soon because I never got around
to finishing it.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:19 am

@Mass, but I dont want to play ittttttttttttt. I would have almost no problem With the Game if it loaded faster. Thats really my #1 concern, it annoys me so much when I have to go somewhere and it takes an hour when it should take 20 minutes >.>
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am

chocotricks wrote:
@Mass, but I dont want to play ittttttttttttt. I would have almost no problem With the Game if it loaded faster. Thats really my #1 concern, it annoys me so much when I have to go somewhere and it takes an hour when it should take 20 minutes >.>
Welll... uhh... in short: The thing in the crate is a B.O.W. called Nyx, Nyx eats Tyrant (if you didn't kill it before), the team beats Nyx, the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:38 am

lol, I just looked it up too xD.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Sorry you didnt like it choco. i think its sort of an aquired taste. likewise, re's controls were very much like that when we all started right? i found thinks like the music, visuals and just expansion of raccoon tohighly outweigh any problms i had with the controls, and im more than used to them. anyway, just give it another try, you might enjoy it. also, one thing that helps one appreciate outbreak is to have prior experience with racoon, via re2 and re3.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Spike to tell you the truth I do like it, I don't even have a problem with the controls...at all. My only real problem at all is how long it takes to go through a door >.>
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:29 pm

If you don't like a game, don't play it. Simple. Even if it happens to be an entry in your favorite game franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:06 am

I've got to agree to be honest. I didn't like it much the first time i played it and still had it lying around collecting dust about 5 years later so I gave it a second chance. As much as I was hoping I could...I just couldn't seem to get into it.

It did have some good features like the use of different 'non-firearm' weapons and a variety of characters but the characters in the original outbreak didn't really make me feel interested in them. All the original games you'd learn about the character and see them develop throughout the game. I didn't get this feeling from the little bits of outbreak I actually completed.

That being said I checked out some videos of Outbreak 2 on youtube (which I've never played) and it looked a bit more interesting than the original. It was probably the inclusion of the RPD station and that nostalgia feeling it gave me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do not highly enjoy Outbreak    I do not highly enjoy Outbreak  Empty

Back to top Go down

I do not highly enjoy Outbreak
Page 1 of 1