HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Disappointed with Code Veronica HD

Go down 
+9
chocotricks
Monster Mash
Bub537
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
HUNK'syouruncle
The Knife
Alfred Ashford
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alfred Ashford
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alfred Ashford

Disappointed with Code Veronica HD Empty
PostSubject: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:34 pm

I would like to express my disdain and disgust at Capcom's laziness with their so-called "remake" of Code Veronica. They have merely made the current graphics in HD, without actually updating them. This isn't personally a problem for me, as Code Veronica is a work of art, however it shows what a bunch of money-grabbing prostitutes Capcom have become.

Here is a screenshot:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-hd/images/0/4/

It's really just the same, but slightly clearer.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:48 pm

That's what HD remasters are. Make the game look a little prettier.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I'm not surprised, all of the HD "remakes" have just been remastered in HD, thats the only change. Examples include: God of War HD Collection, Tomb Raider Trilogy, Sly Collection, Prince of Persia Trilogy and that will more than likely be the case with the upcoming MGS HD Collection. Its disgusting, I know but its still the games that we love. I will not buy Code Veronica HD, I already have it on PS2 and it is in my top 5 Resi games. RE4 will be no different.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 pm

They aren't remakes. They're just ports that have been Remastered in HD. If it were remade, it'd have new weapons and areas and items and stuff. Just like in REmake.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm getting RE4 HD SOULY for the fact that I will be able to listen to whatever music I want during gameplay.

However if they do stuff like have D. C. Dougless, Roger Craig Smith, and Sam Reigel redo the voices, it's an instant buy for me. It will make my story marathon feel more consistent.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:56 am

These aren't remakes. They never said they are. All of these things with God of War etc. are HD remastered version. "Remastering" doesn't mean the same as "remake". For example, I have a remastered version of Evil Dead. They did not shoot the movie again, just made it prettier and clearer.

Basically, these are ports. The Knife had that point a few posts up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:47 am

Looks pretty good. I'm not buying RE4 HD though. It still looks good without HD.

@Ravoir: I liked Wesker's old voice actor (CVX, RE0, RE4) much more than DC Douglas.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 am

ThomVD wrote:
It still looks good without HD.
The HD doesn't even really look all that great anyway.

I'm seriously in it just for the music option. If that wasn't there, I probably wouldn't buy it.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I'm seriously in it just for the music option. If that wasn't there, I probably wouldn't buy it.

Nah, the music in the game is just fine for me. It might be cool for mercs though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 am

I don't care for RE4 HD, I don't need two of the same game. The graphics are fine as is and I don't care for the trophy support. CV on the other hand I will be getting because I don't have it yet.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 am

ThomVD wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Nah, the music in the game is just fine for me. It might be cool for mercs though.
That's mainly where I'm using it. I'm going to listen to Live Evil or Winds of Madness when playing as Wesker. The music is already awesome but it's nice having the option. I do it all the time in RE5 mercs. Playing as Rebecca? How about some DC Alexia's Second form? Or how about The First Malaformation of G? Actually, the Lab Escape music from RE2 (DC) works perfectly for the last level in RE5.

All sorts of other things too.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Seeing as I no longer own physical copies of CV and RE4 I'll definitely be getting both. People are getting too work up because they think they're remakes (like how the original game was remade). They are just upping the resolution and adding trophy and achievement features is all.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Doing a remake of CV would be just about pointless, and remaking RE4 would be completely pointless.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:16 pm

True, Code Veronica still looks OK. RE2 and 3 need remakes.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 pm

ThomVD wrote:
True, Code Veronica still looks OK. RE2 and 3 need remakes.

They both deserve the REmake treatment. Still one of the best looking games in the series.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 pm

I honestly think REmake and Zero are the prettiest in the series.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 pm

RE3 is still one of the prettiest in the series. I can't believe how nice it still looks. RE2 is ok but doesn't look as good.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:17 pm

If they remake RE2 and 3, I'm assuming the only things that will be changed are voice work and graphics. They will probably just use DC's map for RE2's remake.

I doubt they would change the puzzles up or modify the geometry of the levels.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Only reason Im getting them is because I dont own them LOL
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyMon May 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Alfred Ashford wrote:
I would like to express my disdain and disgust at Capcom's laziness with their so-called "remake" of Code Veronica. They have merely made the current graphics in HD, without actually updating them. This isn't personally a problem for me, as Code Veronica is a work of art, however it shows what a bunch of money-grabbing prostitutes Capcom have become.

Here is a screenshot:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-hd/images/0/4/

It's really just the same, but slightly clearer.
They are money grabbing prostitutes. I have CVX HD, but I still haven't gotten into it. I was on Ada's campaign in RE6, but then RER came to console, so until I finish those I probably won't touch CVX HD. It looks nice however.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Okay, well since I last posted in this thread, I actually have started CVX HD.

And I must admit, I am actually really satisfied with it thus far.

The menu screen looks really nice. The graphics otherwise, aren't sooo much better, but the lighting for instance looks really nice. The shadows cast from the light and the water looks absolutely amazing in CVX HD compared to the GC, Ps2 and Dreamcast versions.

I have noticed that the characters seem vertically elongated for some reason. Just slightly stretched. It's not a big deal, but it does look a bit off.

Otherwise, the graphics in the cutscenes are noticeably better. They just look fresh and crisp. So fresh and so clean. Like I said, it's quite nice. I prefer to play with a GC controller over Ps2, Dreamcast or 360, but otherwise it's not really a problem. I also like how Capcom finally added a "Game Reset" option on the Pause screen. This is the option where you can stop the game and go back to the main menu. This for some reason was not in ANY of the other CVX version. Even though it was in RE2, RE3, RE4, etc. Pretty much every other RE game in existence.

I have only gotten to the part where you encounter Wesker for the first time and he pimp slaps Claire about 30 feet. But yeah, it's worth it.

I haven't DL RE4 HD yet, I only had time to DL CVX HD, and now my Silver Live subscribtion is over, but I will get that one eventually.

I wonder if RE4 HD is worth it? The graphics and all. Does anyone know? I'm pretty sure Vandal and Chocotricks at least have RE4 HD.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
I wonder if RE4 HD is worth it? The graphics and all. Does anyone know? I'm pretty sure Vandal and Chocotricks at least have RE4 HD.
It's the exact same as the PS2 version except for the fact that it's in HD. So, if you already have the "complete version", there's no point in getting this one. The only reason I have it is because it came on the same disc as CVX HD.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
It's the exact same as the PS2 version except for the fact that it's in HD. So, if you already have the "complete version", there's no point in getting this one. The only reason I have it is because it came on the same disc as CVX HD.

The same as the Ps2 version or the Wii version?

As I recall, the PLR gun is actually different in the Ps2 version compared to the Wii version. In the Ps2 one, the PLR gun will instantly kill whichever enemy you are aiming at, but on Wii, the PLR would actually shoot out multiple lasers that would kill pretty much everything on screen. It's been awhile since I played either, but I recall that difference.

Also, while not a huge difference, when you leave the game on the main menu screen for a bit, it will show an RE4 trailer. The GC version had 2 different ones that it showed, while the Ps2 only had a single yet different RE4 trailer that it showed. The Wii version showed all three different Trailers however.

The only thing I dislike about RE4 Wii Edition is not being able to use the GC controller.

And yes, I remember that you have the CVXHD/RE4HD retail discs. I'm jealous. Don't you also have the UCHD/DSCHD retail discs as well?

Oh, and here is the first cutscene with the infamous Alfred Ashford in CVX, the HD version. I recorded it with my iPod, so it doesn't look so HD, it's a bit like 1 step forward and 2 steps back. But nothing beats that laugh of his. Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:10 am

The PLR is like the Wii version. Also, I compared the GC version and the PS3 version and the graphics look the same on my TV, except the PS3 version is slightly darker. I'd say don't bother with it if you already have Separate Ways.

My only complaint is that the alt costumes don't show up in cut-scenes on the HD version, I was hoping they'd fix that so I could see gangster Leon in them.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 am

In general here's how it is.

The PS3 version of RE4 was based on the Wii version which in turn was based on the GC version. This is why the cutscenes are in real-time. Granted, Leon and Ashley's second special outfits don't show up in cutscenes and are replaced with their 1st alt costumes. But, this was because the GameCube version doesn't have them (I have the GC version).

The PC version is based on the PS2 version which explains the poor lighting, fewer, animations, fewer sounds, fewer polygons, and lack of realtime cutscenes (FMV recorded from the GC version with only Leon and Ashley's default costumes). People with the PC version can add graphic mods/patches to HD level, but they'll never be able to mod the lighting to match with the GC/Wii/PS3/360. Nor, can they access realtime cutscenes (Character models and sound aren't there, but the camera still does exist.)

As for Separate Ways, the cutscenes are NOT realtime. They're the same FMV recorded videos due to Separate Ways being released on the PS2 first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappointed with Code Veronica HD   Disappointed with Code Veronica HD Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappointed with Code Veronica HD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next