HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.

Go down 
+4
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
BOBLATHON
Mass Distraction
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. Empty
PostSubject: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:51 am

Let's start this with something RE related: I've heard of this from various sources and it seems you'll never be able to restart your Mercs 3D game, as the only save file cannot be deleted.

Now... This might be because the developers want to narrow down the sales of used games but it just seems ridiculous. First the online passes like the one with the newest Mortal Kombat and now this? How far will they go with this stuff. It's not like the games are available in the stores years from now and if someone wants to buy a used one he'll have less content, so to say, than what he'd have with a new game. Some game stores have even stated that they won't take trade-ins for such games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

I think its bullshit. I read this somewhere else. The second hand market is huge, I rarely buy any new title "new" excluding RE titles and few others. This is a greedy move on capcoms part. If I pay money for something, it becomes my property and I should be free to do with it what I will be it sell it, trade it, give it away. This is almost a boycott worthy level of bullshit. I haven't decided yet.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I have become more informed after watching the newest episode of Sidescrollers, apparently the newest BlazBlue on the PSP also has a save file that cannot be deleted. Kinda weird, knowing that the PSP saves on the system's hardware.

I also hear that the next Batman game will have the online pass thingy too.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:11 pm

I heard about this. Is it like registering that disc online? Or how will it work?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
If I pay money for something, it becomes my property and I should be free to do with it what I will
That's actually a common misconception. When you buy a game, movie, computer, game console, or such you aren't buying it per se. What you're actually paying for is a license to use the product. Gotta read the fine print! Wink
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
If I pay money for something, it becomes my property and I should be free to do with it what I will
That's actually a common misconception. When you buy a game, movie, computer, game console, or such you aren't buying it per se. What you're actually paying for is a license to use the product. Gotta read the fine print! Wink

Well I understand the intellectual property stuff.... But if I pay for a disc, a physical disk... That shit is mine, the fine print be damned. If I wanna trade it in, my choice. If I wanna walk out on my back deck with the disk and my 870 and play a round of 60 dollar skeet shoot, my choice. This will do nothing but piss people off and potentially cost Capcom money.... which means, if the response is bad enough, no more follow up RE titles. Its a lose/lose in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I heard about this. Is it like registering that disc online? Or how will it work?
Haven't you played MK online yet? There is a passcode provided within the case (like in PC games) that you'll have to put in the "redeem code" field in PSN store. The code is only usable once.

Oh wait, did you mean the BlazBlue part? I have no idea dude. I'll just leave what I first wrote, just in case someone else wants the information.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:39 pm

NO!!! I HAVEN'T HAD THE INTERNET ON MY PS3 IN AGES!!!! THANKS FOR BRINGING IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! *CRY!!!!!* Ha. I will have it soon, as I will be getting my apartment this month and I will have a new PS3 AND computer very soon! I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 am

Oh yeah, sorry about that Very Happy I kinda forgot.

New info on the subject: http://thisismynext.com/2011/07/06/senate-bill-978-youtube-video-game-lets-play-videos-illegal/

It was too long so I didn't read it but maybe someone else wants to.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:14 pm

It hasn't passed yet right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:36 am

Not that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:31 am

Haven't heard of that.Damn that's so stupid.Why would CAPCOM go to such lengths just to make some cash and piss us off?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Ubisoft has now jumped into the bandwagon with THQ, EA and Sony. The new UPlay Passport is required to access some of the online content in their games.

Seriously, developers? Seriously? You will go to such lengths just so people won't buy your games used... I'm pretty sure pissing people off won't do good for your future sales.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Hmm. I'm not even phased by this development. lol I always buy my games new so I don't have to worry about it. You can still buy the online code for each used game through the PSN so I say meh. Not mad at all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:25 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Hmm. I'm not even phased by this development. lol I always buy my games new so I don't have to worry about it. You can still buy the online code for each used game through the PSN so I say meh. Not mad at all.
The only problem is when one wants to buy a game that's no longer in the stores. It's still a bit weird they go this far with this.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:12 am

UPDATE:

Sony goes all for online passes:
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 am

I lol'd at ragequit. Oi, why dont i have a blue name?
i dont mind online passes
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Meanwhile, at Capcom Inc.

Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

I laughed my ass off at that video The Knife, thanks for making my day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:10 am

The Knife wrote:
Meanwhile, at Capcom Inc.
How did this have to do with Capcom?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
How did this have to do with Capcom?
Because that's what Capcom is always thinking. lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:34 am

Well... Isn't that what every company is thinking?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Well... Isn't that what every company is thinking?
Well, you got me there. But it's still funny. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.   Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D. Empty

Back to top Go down

Developers trying to stop second hand market. Also a bit on Mercs 3D.
Page 1 of 1