HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?

Go down 
+7
GreggKennedy
Deagle50
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
Spike991
chocotricks
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:03 am

He either dies from poison if you don't get the serum quick enough, or if you save him as Chris he will sacrifice himself to a Neptune, or if you save him as Jill he will sacrifice himself to Yawn. In both of these second ones, he gets eaten whole.
Back to top Go down
CyberCanine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CyberCanine

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:15 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Brad did turn into a zombie, you can find his zombified version in RE2. Edward was a good example too. Then we have the noncanon Wesker zombie.

As for actually seeing someone still alive turn into a zombie, we have Marvin from RE2, as he turns right in front of our eyes and tries to attack. We can also see the heroes from Outbreak turn into zombies if they happen to die during the game, although this too is noncanon.

In the original RE Kenneth is decapitated by the zombie so it only made sense he never became a zombie.

I purposely didn't mention the Outbreak characters, as that was during gameplay.

Marvin, that's one that I missed. He's a good example. I would like for it to be a bit more of a partner that sticks with you, and you try to get through whatever situation you are in, with them. Perhaps searching for a cure. That kind of thing. Again, like the first RE movie with Michelle Rodriguez.

Marvin is a great example though, I had totally forgotten about it. And how odd looking it was, when he just spontaneously turned all zombie mode.

I think the reason Capcom didn't do something like that is because you're not really with a partner long enough for them to mutate into a zomibe, if I am correct. If I'm wrong then please tell me. I have to aagree with you that it would be interesting to see that. Maybe they'll do that in the new Resident Evil game that is comming out
Back to top Go down
http://www.cybercanine.deviantart.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:19 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
He either dies from poison if you don't get the serum quick enough, or if you save him as Chris he will sacrifice himself to a Neptune, or if you save him as Jill he will sacrifice himself to Yawn. In both of these second ones, he gets eaten whole.
Maybe the poison prevents him from changing? Just a thought.

CyberCanine wrote:
I think the reason Capcom didn't do something like that is because you're not really with a partner long enough for them to mutate into a zomibe, if I am correct. If I'm wrong then please tell me. I have to aagree with you that it would be interesting to see that. Maybe they'll do that in the new Resident Evil game that is comming out
Almost every RE until now has had a partner tagging along. Do you mean ORC? I doupt any of those characters is going to die.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
CyberCanine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CyberCanine

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
CyberCanine wrote:
Almost every RE until now has had a partner tagging along. Do you mean ORC? I doupt any of those characters is going to die.

Yeah I meant ORC
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:23 am

CyberCanine wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
CyberCanine wrote:

Yeah I meant ORC
Ok. Well, as I said, I doupt any of the four main characters is going to die. Expect cameos and be ready to kill them Very Happy

Now that I think of it, I think Survivor has been the only RE where you didn't have a partner. Well, that and RE4, as I don't count Ashley as a "partner".
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:54 am

Poor S.T.A.R.S team
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:56 pm

at least some have still survived
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Capcom has been less than clear on the circumstances that result in a character turning into a zombie (getting munched on by one just once in a game should logically infect the character with the T-virus), but I think the one definite condition is that the subject has to be dead or near death before it can happen and, based on files found in RE/REmake and RE3, the transformation can take anywhere from 4 hours to a few days.

*Edward = Hurt and dying as he came diving through the window of the train.
*Marvin = "Mortally wounded" when Jill runs across him in RE3 and clearly dying when Leon and Claire find him in RE2.
*Forest = Pecked to death by infected birds.
*Murphy = The wounded UBCS soldier in RE3 was turning into a zombie when you find him, but his midsection was bandaged up real tight, so he presumably had been dying prior to encountering him.
*Brad = Dead as a doornail after the Nemesis got hold of him, so he turned into a zombie. And quite rapidly (probably due to being infected with the G-virus instead of the T-virus) when you consider that Jill left his corpse outside, did her thing inside the PD, then came out a short time later and his corpse was gone.
*Kenneth = Killed instantly when a zombie tore out his throat. By way of pattern, he would have become one, but he was killed relatively shortly before Chris and Jill found him and as such didn't have time to make the transformation.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah, Kenneth was unlucky enough to get killed as Alpha was in the hall...I think most forget that.Smile

Obviously that gameplay stuff isn't canon. You mentioned getting munched on...by the game's logic, that would turn you, but not in gameplay.

Though, I thought I remember one clawing and biting at Billy in RE0, when he fell over into the sewer....remember that? I don't remember if he got clawed or bitten, or just knocked over though.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:27 pm

I don't think you have to be dying to transform, unless you were just talking about the game characters GL. Just look at the keeper. You don't see him turn, but he goes from perfectly healthy to a zombie without ever being physically injured.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't think you have to be dying to transform, unless you were just talking about the game characters GL. Just look at the keeper. You don't see him turn, but he goes from perfectly healthy to a zombie without ever being physically injured.

There was apparently a big boil on his arm or his foot or something. He was also feverish. It was a bit more subtle, and creeped up on him over a couple of days.

I wonder how he even got infected?
Back to top Go down
CyberCanine
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CyberCanine

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

There was apparently a big boil on his arm or his foot or something. He was also feverish. It was a bit more subtle, and creeped up on him over a couple of days.

I read somewhere that if you drink water that has the T/G-Virus in it then you get infected. Maybe that way?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:52 pm

CyberCanine wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I read somewhere that if you drink water that has the T/G-Virus in it then you get infected. Maybe that way?

Of course it could be spread that way. I doubt the water would dilute it or anything.

That's probably the best bet. I wonder how T was leaked to begin with. Obviously it was Marcus/Queen Leech, but specifically...I wonder how. Like just releasing Leeches all over the place, like on the train in RE0?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:55 pm

I assumed it would have been kind of like how they did it in the first live action RE movie. Like Marcus spread vials of it through the vents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?    Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why didn't Kenneth turn into a zombie?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2