Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Video game and Movie Questions EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Video game and Movie Questions EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Video game and Movie Questions EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Video game and Movie Questions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Video game and Movie Questions EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Video game and Movie Questions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Video game and Movie Questions EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Video game and Movie Questions EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Video game and Movie Questions EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Video game and Movie Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sN1pZer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Video game and Movie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Video game and Movie Questions   Video game and Movie Questions EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi, I'm taking a college course in game development. I have got to research level design and anyway I made a questionnaire. Could you please answer the questions below? Thanks.

Questionnaire
1) What age are you?
2) Are you male or female?
3) What games consoles do you own?
4) What game levels/chapters in game do you like?
5) Do you like horror movies and why?
6) Do you like horror video games and why?
7) What do you like about horror? (e.g. sound, creatures, atmosphere)
Cool Do you like games that are graphically realistic or cartoonier?
9) What do you think makes a good horror movie or video game?
10) What horror movies do you like?
11) What horror video games do you like?
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Video game and Movie Questions   Video game and Movie Questions EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:17 pm

sN1pZer wrote:
Hi, I'm taking a college course in game development. I have got to research level design and anyway I made a questionnaire. Could you please answer the questions below? Thanks.

Questionnaire
1) What age are you?

1.) 15
2 ) Male
2.) Xbox 360, PC, PS2.
4.) Chapter 15 in Dead Space 2. Does that count?
5.) No. Because it feels like they are just trying to push the shock value further and forget any sense of story.(I do like suspense movies sometimes.)
6.) Yes. Because Horror game generally have a much more serious feel, a good story, and puzzles to have you stop and think.
7.) The answer to 6.

8.)That fully depends on the game. Some games do better with cartoonie graphics than they would with realistic. A good Example of this would be Team Fortress 2. If it had realistic graphics it would throw off the whole game, and if CoD had cartonnie graphics it would be really weird to play.

9.) A good deep story is pretty much a requirement to horror games, but more than that it should have an overall atmosphere of dread and fear is the air. (Example of good: Silent Hill) (Example of bad: Alone in the Dark 2008)

10.) I would have to say Pandorum. While it was not really scary I liked the storyline and plot, and most consider it to be a horror movie.

11.) The list is large but I will list my favorites. Dead Space, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Doom.
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Video game and Movie Questions   Video game and Movie Questions EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 am

1. 20

2. male

3. Amiga 500, NES, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PS One and 60GB PlayStation 3. Also, do handhelds count?

4. Anything as long as it has a good plot.

5. Yes. I like the suspense the most in horror movies, though nowadays it seems to be quite rare. Maybe it's either the movies that have gone stale or I've just numbed myself. Maybe the biggest reason I like horror movies because I still thrive for the excitement I got out of them when I was a kid. Horror is my favorite movie genre and out of them zombie movies are the best thing.

6. Yes and same applies here. The feel of the horror is just much more intense when you can go through the scenes yourself.

7. I think I've summed it up pretty much in previous answers but maybe I could add a few things: sounds (and music) is a big part of the thrill and it pretty much sets the atmosphere. Creatures and characters are a big part too, of course, since when you have a good story behind things it only ups the ante.

8. Depends on the game. If the game is well done (story, gameplay, etc.) and the chosen style fits.

9. Good story, setting and atmosphere. With a deep story and an atmosphere that gives you the creeps you can do miracles. Just set the soundtrack up to raise the suspense and you got me. For games, just add the gameplay.

10. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, The Grudge, Evil Dead, the Dead series...

11. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Siren and Dino Crisis

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Video game and Movie Questions   Video game and Movie Questions EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 pm

sN1pZer wrote:

Questionnaire
1) What age are you?

2.male
3.everything from sega onwards apart from an xbox 360
4.GTA robbing the bank mission
5.Yes because they are scary
6.yes because they are scary
7.zombies
8.yes
9.dark,not too long with a good story
10.all of the living deads, mickey myers
11.resident evils
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Video game and Movie Questions   Video game and Movie Questions EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

sN1pZer wrote:
Questionnaire
1) What age are you?

1. 23

2. Male

3. Atari 7800, NES toploader and pushdown, SNES, Genesis (no longer own), Nintendo 64, PS1 (no longer own), PS2, PS3, Xbox original.

4. This is a strange question. It's very vague, so I will be vague as well. I like the good ones.

5. Some. I mainly like the ones with one predator/killer on the loose going after helpless people.

6. I really liked the original Resident Evil games. (0-3 and Code Veronica) Lately, it is hard to find games that count as actual horror. I think the Silent Hill and Dead Space series are the only ones left that nail it down well. I like them because they are usually quite challenging which is why they come with the tag of survival/horror more often than not. Making it through a challenging game without much help at all and against the odds is very satisfying. That's why Demon's Souls has such a cult following. A great story is a must as well.

7. I think the atmosphere is the biggest factor that helps horror out. Like how Resident Evil 1 had little music. It was creepy. What I don't like is when they go for cheap jump scares. When something pops out and they use a really large musical score to scare you. Amateur.

8. It depends on the style of game. Cartoony graphics are usually reserved for artistic or lighthearted games. Like Journey, The Legend of Zelda games, and Bully.

9. Creepy atmosphere, an evil force or being that really taps into basic human fears, a gripping story to pull you in so you feel like it is all happening to you. That kind of stuff.

10. I like most of the Halloween movies. And Friday the 13th. Jeepers Creepers was good. Both 1 and 2. I don't watch a lot of horror movies so I'm not really a good candidate for this question. I dunno if you would consider it horror, but I loved the first SAW movie. The ending was pure genius.

11. Resident Evil. I think my all time favorite horror game is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Gamecube. Damn good game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video game and Movie Questions   Video game and Movie Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Video game and Movie Questions
Page 1 of 1