Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Overrated or what? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Overrated or what? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Overrated or what? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Overrated or what? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Overrated or what? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Overrated or what? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Overrated or what? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Overrated or what? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Overrated or what? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Overrated or what?

Go down 
+4
Spike991
BOBLATHON
Revan XI9
Jamesy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 am

Last night I unlocked the Samuri Edge after beating the RE1 remake in 3 hours as jill valentine.

i was dissapointed i did not unlock the rocket launcher but the samuri edge is possibly weaker than the handgun and is not that impressive.

on the plus side the ammo is unlimited and it fires very fast.
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 am

Jamesy wrote:
Last night I unlocked the Samuri Edge after beating the RE1 remake in 3 hours as jill valentine.

i was dissapointed i did not unlock the rocket launcher but the samuri edge is possibly weaker than the handgun and is not that impressive.

on the plus side the ammo is unlimited and it fires very fast.

I once went through a serious Metal Gear phase. I played two so many time that I could beat it in just under 2 hours. And as for 3 that game was MUCH shorter if you knew where to go so I could beat it in like an hour

Last edited by Revan XI9 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:19 pm

RE1 remake is not as hard to complete in that amount of time as you would think.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 pm

I liked the gun... If it was weaker, which im not sure if it is or not, the rate of fire made up for it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
I liked the gun... If it was weaker, which im not sure if it is or not, the rate of fire made up for it.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say too.

I didn't think it was weaker, but it made playing through as Chris really fun, more so than usual.

No need to carry around the standard pistol and ammo, just one spot for that awesome gun, it really did pwn too.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Oh Chris in RE1...the bane of inventory space. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 am

Something with unlimited ammo cannot be overrated.

Chris' inventory was awful D: It took it's time just to figure out your item management... When I next played as Jill I was like "Whaaaaat? SO much inventory space!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Chris' inventory was awful D: It took it's time just to figure out your item management... When I next played as Jill I was like "Whaaaaat? SO much inventory space!"

Leon had lots of inventory space......more than Chris ever ha- OH SHIT!

Phew that was close.
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
PixieSlick
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
PixieSlick

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Im sorry but yes something with unlimited ammo its pretty overrated and boring. Yes the first hour or so you play with it its the best thing in the world but I always find myself going back to my item box and putting it back to replace it with the limited ammo gun.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:15 am

PixieSlick wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Im sorry but yes something with unlimited ammo its pretty overrated and boring. Yes the first hour or so you play with it its the best thing in the world but I always find myself going back to my item box and putting it back to replace it with the limited ammo gun.
Depends on the game. For example, I wouldn't go through RE5 on Pro without unlimited ammo. That would be horrendous.

Never used unlimited ammo on the earlier games, though. Propably because I never got any unlimited weapons Razz
Back to top Go down
PixieSlick
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
PixieSlick

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PixieSlick wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Depends on the game. For example, I wouldn't go through RE5 on Pro without unlimited ammo. That would be horrendous.

Never used unlimited ammo on the earlier games, though. Propably because I never got any unlimited weapons Razz

Well I cant really say anything about RE5 because I only played it once (Didn't really like it). But that is true there are some games that after you get unlimited ammo you dont want to leave it Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 pm

PixieSlick wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PixieSlick wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well I cant really say anything about RE5 because I only played it once (Didn't really like it). But that is true there are some games that after you get unlimited ammo you dont want to leave it Razz
The Pro difficulty in 5 is pure hell... If you ever decide to try it be sure to check your unlimited weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 pm

i honestly thought it was no worse than 4's. you just have to aim a bit more carefully, but the combat actions can pretty much make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 am

Reede1991 wrote:
i honestly thought it was no worse than 4's. you just have to aim a bit more carefully, but the combat actions can pretty much make up for it.
I just don't like it when everything kills you in one hit. I'd rather blast them before they have the chance to do anything Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am

Reede1991 wrote:

False. RE5's Majini use guns. Plus there are more of them in general. Plus Reapers. Minus Regenerators and Iron Maidens. Equals harder. Less than or equal to DMC3.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:31 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Reede1991 wrote:

False. RE5's Majini use guns. Plus there are more of them in general. Plus Reapers. Minus Regenerators and Iron Maidens. Equals harder. Less than or equal to DMC3.

it didnt matter to me, i still found them about the same. the reduced time on quicktime events was the real killer. as long as you have a handgun, rifle, and shotgun its pretty much cake. neither four or five were hard simply because of the predictability. if you are ten feet away from a majini, hit the sprint button and they will always swing. same for reapers, and after the reaper misses, it exposes the weak point for a magnum/shotgun blast. the ones with guns? you have WAY BETTER GUNS. they have ak47s and crap against magnums, sniper rifles, and grenades, and they shoot a set number of times even when you are covered.

i never played dmc3 though so i cant really understand the comparison. the most difficult game i have played to date is demons souls. there is no may dmc3 is half as hard as that game
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Demon's Souls is the best ever. It's hard until you get Northern Regalia, then it's cake forever. Have you even played RE5 on pro? It's ridiculous. Plain ridiculous. Try playing the part where you have to hit the switches to open the gate when majini with guns, gattling gun guys, and reapers are all coming at you at once. It's balls to the wall ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:08 pm

sir, i received an s-rank in each chapter on professional. i had the platinum as well, i would have all the trophies but unfortunately i have a dead playstation before i could complete the last two for the dlc. i choose my games very carefully and once i commit, i commit. it does not return to the gamestore or go to a friend until i get everything done that i can possibly do in it.

i think i know the part you are talking about, late in chapter 5? when the ship is exploding? yeah, okay, that part sucked some chronic asshole, but the predictability thing still helped out. i toss a grenade where i know they are coming from, keep using my actions when a reaper comes close and attempts to grab me, and i just team keep using the actions to tie up the two gunners. a good tip is to equip sheva with nothing but a rifle, with lots of ammo, 4 flash grenades, and as many FASs as she can carry. and on yourself all you really need is a shotgun, FASs, hand grenades, and hopefully a flash grenade or two
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm just saying that RE4 is easier than 5.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm

i guess i could agree with you on that. going back to re4 it does seem easier. the ai in five was most certainly better in every way
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 am

Now that's a hard game. The Master Ninja difficulty is something that will always give me nightmares... The second game wasn't that hard, though.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Ninja Gaiden can kiss my butt. Seriously. If you want to be that damn hard, I will just not play you. Razz Simple as that.

@Reede: The AI was definitely better but why in the world do they always make the enemies run up to you only to slow down and hesitate before attacking? That's in both RE4 and 5. Silly Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
i guess i could agree with you on that. going back to re4 it does seem easier. the ai in five was most certainly better in every way

Everything is, going back to it after completion.

@Nite, I didn't like that the enemies would stop in front of your face, I wish they would have been more relentless like the Crimsons, which to this day are the Number One enemy in RE, the top dog. Though Hunters are up there too, the ones from, well actually all of them were tough.

When the Reapers would stop in your face, it was actually pretty unnerving though, because of the weird gasses, and just know that at any moment they could spring their instant kill attack which has seemingly unlimited reach.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Hunters are the worst when you are injured. Then they leap and swipe and you die die die!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Hunters are the worst when you are injured. Then they leap and swipe and you die die die!

I remember that in the original, a certain room in the Guardhouse, which had like 3 Hunters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overrated or what? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or what?   Overrated or what? Empty

Back to top Go down

Overrated or what?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next