HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why did they ruin Resident Evil?

Go down 
+6
NiteKrawler
nekronuke
Mass Distraction
xExcel
Spike991
mblessing19
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did they ruin Resident Evil?   Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Regenerator wrote:
I wouldnt say that the series was ruined because of RE4...the game is very enjoyable throughout...even though the game pace is a bit faster then the originals I still found myself coming back for more...it is one of the best games that I have played

Yeah that makes sense. Likewise, a nerdy, malevolent researcher is also just a hop away from knowing all kind's of martial arts and gymnastics abilities.

@Regen, while RE4's pacing wasn't as slow as the dead, I think it's fair to say that each game, since the first, has been picking up the pace, little by little. Hell, RE2 throws you right in the action from the get go, on a streat filled with zombies, immediately having to run for safety, unlike RE1, where you start off in a dining hall with the ticking of a clock.

@SuperChris, what you are objecting to? Laughing

As for the last comment from the clever username, AWSTARS, RE4/RE5 didn't change the genre, certainly not from survival/horror to pure action. If that were the case, then there would be no horror whatsoever, yet RE4 definately did, and even RE5 had it's moments. Better still, survival is still a part of the game too.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker_STARS
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Albert_Wesker_STARS

PostSubject: Re: Why did they ruin Resident Evil?   Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Alright, I admit that "pure action" was a little extravagent, but the emphasis was definately off survival horror by RE4.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why did they ruin Resident Evil?   Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Albert_Wesker_STARS wrote:
Alright, I admit that "pure action" was a little extravagent, but the emphasis was definately off survival horror by RE4.

A little extravagent would be saying that you have no common sense whatsoever...but I think you are just overlooking a few little things that are hindering your view on something, like RE4.

The emphasis was definately off the horror in RE5, in some ways, not entirely, but it wasn't something that was a huge part, and I gaurantee that the original RE5 was going to be scary as hell, just watch the earlier trailers, co-op ruined a lot of the great experience we should have had in RE5's story.

RE4 on the other hand, had no problem with the horror, pacing, gameplay, it was all great. Kind of wish door scenes were used for the loading screens where you enter a new area, instead of just a black screen, but othewise, I'll get over that.
Back to top Go down
Albert_Wesker_STARS
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Albert_Wesker_STARS

PostSubject: Re: Why did they ruin Resident Evil?   Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Totally agree about the co-op comment, it just didn't seem as tense with a partner.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why did they ruin Resident Evil?   Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Albert_Wesker_STARS wrote:
Totally agree about the co-op comment, it just didn't seem as tense with a partner.

It certainly wasn't, it was more annoying really. While it was still more fun than a barrel of monkies, it did make things a little less intense, and scary. That's not to say there weren't tense moments, like when you turn to see a chainsaw wielding majini swinging his weapon in your face, same with the Executioner, or a Reaper.

Of course RE4, had plenty of horror, and puzzles. Fighting enemies like the Garrador's were the definition of intense, as they just used their hearing...

Parts of the game like when you use Ashley, and you are in a dark room when a bunch of suites of armor come in and you can only run...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did they ruin Resident Evil?   Why did they ruin Resident Evil? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did they ruin Resident Evil?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2