Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii

Go down 
+8
WeskerRE
Spike991
DrunkenKiller
nekronuke
lyfesArcanum
BOBLATHON
weskersbarber
NiteKrawler
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii Empty
PostSubject: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:05 am

I figured I would make this thread so we can stop running the other one into the ground and I also added a Wii side to the debate. In a little bit I will come back add why I think the PS3 is better than the 360. For now...I eat.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:22 pm

ive always been loyal to the ps3 and have been since the ps1 came out. one day i might buy a 360 just to see what all the fuss was about because ive only played a 360 twice and it just seemed like a ps3.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:12 pm

How about ALL OF THEM!!!!! Have the 360, Have the Wii, Will get the PS3 when finances permit. They all have pro's and con's. They are all great in the fact I can play Resident Evil on them. Now, If I had to choose one, I would have to go with the 360 simply because I have the largest investment in that system.... I have more games, more accessories, etc... I will buy the PS3 when I can, mainly for blu ray and I really want to get into the God of War franchise.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm not gonna say which one I think is better, because I don't really have an opinion (I've only really played on a PS3 once Sad) Like BOB though, I have a 360 and enjoy it quite a bit, though I have cut back considerably on gaming. I remember asking you guys a long time ago which I should get, and in the end I went with the 360 because I was moving and that's the system that all my friends had. As for games, both systems have great exlusives, though it makes me very Sad that the 360 doesn't have any RE other than 5.

Only thing I could say about one being better doesn't actually have to do with the systems and is actually just a matter of personal preference, however, I find the 360 controller much more comfortable to use than the PS3. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:44 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
I'm not gonna say which one I think is better, because I don't really have an opinion (I've only really played on a PS3 once Sad) Like BOB though, I have a 360 and enjoy it quite a bit, though I have cut back considerably on gaming. I remember asking you guys a long time ago which I should get, and in the end I went with the 360 because I was moving and that's the system that all my friends had. As for games, both systems have great exlusives, though it makes me very Sad that the 360 doesn't have any RE other than 5.

Only thing I could say about one being better doesn't actually have to do with the systems and is actually just a matter of personal preference, however, I find the 360 controller much more comfortable to use than the PS3. Very Happy

Haha, I remember you asking me which one to get but sadly, all your friends had 360s. I don't have a controller preference as they both feel fine to me. I just can't get used to the 360's start and back buttons though for some reason lol. As for exclusives, the PS3 obviously has the 360 beat. Except for Fable II, which is awesome...<--My g/f typed that. Razz But it's true. I'm a bit too intoxicated to write much more though, so tomorrow I will elaborate on why the PS3 pwns so much. Love you all. <--The alcohol typed that. Razz But it's true.
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Didn't know you drank, nite. i think the ps3 and 360 are both ok, but Ps3 is better.... but they both kill Wii. anyone heard of that WiiS3?
or WiiHD... or something
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Nite, your post made me think..... I love going back and playing games that I played growing up but now playing them intoxicated. Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past has never been so much fun..... And damn if Resident Evil on the PSOne isn't that much more scary when your reaction time is slowed. As a matter of fact me and some buddies sat around playing some MK3 on a PS2 the other night completely hammered. good times. Laughing

ETA to get back on topic somewhat, that was always my biggest complaint about the Playstation systems, the controllers... I have relatively large hands and they just never quite filled my hands comfortably....

More on the system wars... I think that both the 360 and the PS3 own the Wii.... but the Wii does have its place and is quite fun.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:49 am

the WII isnt great. i only got it to play the chronicle series in it
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Ok, I'm finally sober enough and have enough time/reserved enough will power to create this post. It will probably be a long one. Well, long for me anyway. Ok, I'll get the Wii out of the way first. I think it's first and foremost a casual gamer's console. And not even really that. It's more of a kid's/non-gamer's console. It has a rare few "real" games on it that can be considered good, but almost never great. The fact that the games are pretty much built around the controller make it an abomination. I personally believe that the controllers should be made for the games, not the other way around. But the fact that it caters to everyone in the world who is not a gamer has made it enough money to forget about true gamers. The wiimote technology is also not great at all. Hm...it sucks. Razz Now for PS3 vs. 360. I suppose we can go down through each major aspect with a compare and contrast. The PS3 is pretty much a more powerful system than the 360. Don't believe me? Just look at PS3 exclusives compared to 360 exclusives (if you can find any Razz). Look at Uncharted 1 and 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5, etc. compared to Halo and Gears. I only put up Halo and Gears because that's what every 360 fanboy runs to. Pretty dumb. PS3 is obviously the winner in terms of reliability as well. Now...for games. I think I have already mentioned how the PS3 exclusive lineup trumps anything the 360 has for the future, so I don't think I need to say much more. Also, paying for Live is just wrong. Paying that much just to play online make the 360 the most expensive console in the market in the long run. There is a lot more to cover, but I think I will just deal with it as it comes up. Hopefully Jamesy will be here arguing soon.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:56 pm

I understand you liking the PS3 more, but come on, do we really have to bash other people for it? I'm not a fanboy, but I do thoroughly enjoy my 360. Only other thing I have to say is that paying for live has benefits. It gets more in terms of content than PSN, although I do recognize the PS2s ability to browse the web, which is pretty sweet. Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
I understand you liking the PS3 more, but come on, do we really have to bash other people for it? I'm not a fanboy, but I do thoroughly enjoy my 360. Only other thing I have to say is that paying for live has benefits. It gets more in terms of content than PSN, although I do recognize the PS2s ability to browse the web, which is pretty sweet. Razz

We aren't bashing anyone for liking a certain console. Just expressing why we like the console we do. As for Live content, The only thing Live gets more of is DLC, and that's only because Microsoft pays out the ass for it all the time. Those days are coming to an end though because more and more games are having exclusive content on PS3 instead. Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dante's Inferno, and Red Dead Redemption are a few examples. To most people I know, the PSN and Live are pretty much identical in terms of quality. So the extra cost is unwarranted. And no matter what anyone says, it isn't $50/year better than the PSN. Please. My g/f has a 360 and she thinks it is too cluttered and prefers the PSN.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:41 pm

this isnt bashing this is good quality debate. we need more quality on jamesys part instead of his one liners
Back to top Go down
DrunkenKiller
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
DrunkenKiller

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:22 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
How about ALL OF THEM!!!!! Have the 360, Have the Wii, Will get the PS3 when finances permit. They all have pro's and con's. They are all great in the fact I can play Resident Evil on them. Now, If I had to choose one, I would have to go with the 360 simply because I have the largest investment in that system.... I have more games, more accessories, etc... I will buy the PS3 when I can, mainly for blu ray and I really want to get into the God of War franchise.

Agreed. I enjoy them both but i have more games for the 360 so i wouldn't spend money on ps3 games which i already have on another system, and most of my mates have the 360 so i can chat and play with them on Live. That said, i do think the ps3 is good and i view it as a good console. The Wii i only play at my cousin's house when we play umbrella or darkside chronichles.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

@DrunkenKiller: Yeah, that's the same reason LyfesArcanum got his 360.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Well, saying the PS3 is stronger based on looking at the games isn't really the greatest arguement. Due to the constructions of the cell (PS3) and Xenos (360) processors, the 360 does have the advantage in the processor department. Here is an interesting read on the processors of both.

Processor Comparison

In reading this, is seems to me that the PS3 has a more complex processor but the 360's is more practical and superior as far as OS and game applications.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:52 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Well, saying the PS3 is stronger based on looking at the games isn't really the greatest arguement. Due to the constructions of the cell (PS3) and Xenos (360) processors, the 360 does have the advantage in the processor department. Here is an interesting read on the processors of both.

Processor Comparison

In reading this, is seems to me that the PS3 has a more complex processor but the 360's is more practical and superior as far as OS and game applications.

Yeah I don't get into the technical side of it. But really...If the 360 has superior hardware, why doesn't it show? The only thing that matters is what comes of it.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Well what I took out of the article is that the xbox 360 is a straight forward gaming processor but seems with more R&D the Playstation could be capable of more, this could show in exclusive games built to fully utilize the Cell processors capabilites.

As far as it "showing" i really have no place to argue, my PS3 experience is limited, at best. I haven't seen one game on either system that just drastically outperforms or looks better than anything on the other. PS3's biggest advantage in my opinion is its blu ray format and the amount of data that can be stored on the discs which allows for more programming more detailed and larger environments, graphics, details etc... on games exclusive to the system.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:25 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Well what I took out of the article is that the xbox 360 is a straight forward gaming processor but seems with more R&D the Playstation could be capable of more, this could show in exclusive games built to fully utilize the Cell processors capabilites.

As far as it "showing" i really have no place to argue, my PS3 experience is limited, at best. I haven't seen one game on either system that just drastically outperforms or looks better than anything on the other. PS3's biggest advantage in my opinion is its blu ray format and the amount of data that can be stored on the discs which allows for more programming more detailed and larger environments, graphics, details etc... on games exclusive to the system.

Agreed. You should try to check out Uncharted 1 and 2. They are great examples of how the PS3 really shines.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:05 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:

Agreed. You should try to check out Uncharted 1 and 2. They are great examples of how the PS3 really shines.

the uncharted games are two of the best games ive ever experienced. they put tomb raider to shame
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Haha, I remember you asking me which one to get but sadly, all your friends had 360s. I don't have a controller preference as they both feel fine to me. I just can't get used to the 360's start and back buttons though for some reason lol. As for exclusives, the PS3 obviously has the 360 beat. Except for Fable II, which is awesome...<--My g/f typed that. Razz But it's true. I'm a bit too intoxicated to write much more though, so tomorrow I will elaborate on why the PS3 pwns so much. Love you all. <--The alcohol typed that. Razz But it's true.

Alot of it just comes down to preference, and I am just more familiar with the 360, therefore I prefer it.

I'm sure the 360 has more exclusives that make it more enticing to your everyday gamer, doesn't it?

As for the controllers, I think the Ps3 controller feels terrifc, but I also really like the 360's. I just dislike Ps3's(and all of the PS's for that matter) R1, R2, L1, and L2 buttons...it is something I don't care for. As well as the shape buttons, triangle, circle, x, and square.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:37 am

Spike991 wrote:

Alot of it just comes down to preference, and I am just more familiar with the 360, therefore I prefer it.

I'm sure the 360 has more exclusives that make it more enticing to your everyday gamer, doesn't it?

As for the controllers, I think the Ps3 controller feels terrifc, but I also really like the 360's. I just dislike Ps3's(and all of the PS's for that matter) R1, R2, L1, and L2 buttons...it is something I don't care for. As well as the shape buttons, triangle, circle, x, and square.

Nah, the PS3 actually has a TON more exclusives that would entice people. The only "good" ones the 360 has are Halo, Gears, Fable, Mass Effect, and Left 4 Dead. I think Dead Rising 2 is coming to PS3 and new installments of Mass Effect may be coming also. But really, put those up against the PS3's exclusive line: Killzone 2, Resistance 1 and 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, God of War 3, LittleBigPlanet (2 has more info now, I'd recommend checking it out.), Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII Versus and Final Fantasy XIV, Gran Turismo 5, etc. etc. etc. Just so everyone knows...I don't have a 360 but my girlfriend does and So I have played Halo 3 (Pretty meh.), Fable 2 (Excellent), and Left 4 Dead (Fun with others, but never ever fun alone.) I haven't played a single Gears game, but they look good but wayyyyy too monotonous. And just how many humans vs. aliens games can we have? Overdone much? Mass Effect 1 and 2 look good but I haven't played them or even seen much of them.
Back to top Go down
WeskerRE
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
WeskerRE

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:22 am

I should say Playstation 3. Smile

I love the console and I will only buy Sony consoles in the future.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Nah, the PS3 actually has a TON more exclusives that would entice people. The only "good" ones the 360 has are Halo, Gears, Fable, Mass Effect, and Left 4 Dead. I think Dead Rising 2 is coming to PS3 and new installments of Mass Effect may be coming also. But really, put those up against the PS3's exclusive line: Killzone 2, Resistance 1 and 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, God of War 3, LittleBigPlanet (2 has more info now, I'd recommend checking it out.), Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII Versus and Final Fantasy XIV, Gran Turismo 5, etc. etc. etc. Just so everyone knows...I don't have a 360 but my girlfriend does and So I have played Halo 3 (Pretty meh.), Fable 2 (Excellent), and Left 4 Dead (Fun with others, but never ever fun alone.) I haven't played a single Gears game, but they look good but wayyyyy too monotonous. And just how many humans vs. aliens games can we have? Overdone much? Mass Effect 1 and 2 look good but I haven't played them or even seen much of them.

I can honestly say that the only games that are Ps3 exclusive that I would really want to buy a ps3 for, are MGS4 and God Of War 3. That said, I am going to buy MGS4 anyway, just because I have the previous three, MGS1, Twin Snakes, MGS2:SOL, MGS2:Substance, MGS3: Subsistence.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I can honestly say that the only games that are Ps3 exclusive that I would really want to buy a ps3 for, are MGS4 and God Of War 3. That said, I am going to buy MGS4 anyway, just because I have the previous three, MGS1, Twin Snakes, MGS2:SOL, MGS2:Substance, MGS3: Subsistence.Smile

How much have you actually seen, played, or even researched the other games I mentioned? Don't pass on anything until you know what you are passing on.
Back to top Go down
NEMESIS23
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
NEMESIS23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:51 pm

PS3 by far..I had a 360 and it died after 3 months. Then i bought a PS3,Its a shame that i had to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii   PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 vs. 360.......vs. Wii
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic :: Video Games-
Jump to: