HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula

Go down 
+9
Regenerator
nekronuke
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
Jamesy
BOBLATHON
Moonknight67
Spike991
Voltius
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm

I have deleted Jamesy's last post in here as I will do to any new posts of his that continue to be off topic. I have also made this post in red to appear more menacing and intimidating. Well Jamesaroo...It seems that Administration powers have trumped "witty comebacks and superior intellect" for today. Now please, refer to the topic in Off Topic for further discussion about the different gaming consoles. I say good day!!!
Back to top Go down
La Femme Fatale
Cerberus
Cerberus
La Femme Fatale

A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:25 pm

IMO, the reason we probably won't see any more slow moving zombies in the franchise can be summed up in a single word - profitability. Look at the figures of the last few games to feature zombies; the Remake only sold about 1.35 million copies, which Capcom found incredibly disappointed, especially considering the fantastic reviews it received. Zero sold about 1.25 million. Outbreak sold 1.45, both the Chronicles series sold around 1.2. Of all the RE games with traditional zombies, it's only first three games which sold impressively.

Compare that with sales of RE 4 and RE 5 as of last year; Re 4 has sold 5.3 while Re 5 has sold 5.2. That's quite a substantial difference. Both games did far better than the Remake and Zero (although now come to think about it, that might be accounted for considering the exclusivity of those games). If Capcom can somehow tap into what made the first three games huge success stories, then maybe we might be a return of the shuffling zombie. However, until then - we have to keep in mind that Capcom is a business before anything else. The goal of a business is to make money - is to increase their profit margin and capitalize on their customers - and it seems the sure-fire way to do that right now is to produce a game with the elements that made Re 4 and Re 5 such cash cows.

I think Capcom knows that us die-hard RE fans will buy almost anything with the words 'Resident Evil' slapped on the cover; yes, we all want to see the traditional zombie back, but even if they don't come back, most of us will still go out and get Re 6 anyway. Capcom knows that. It works like politics this way; for instance, the liberal party doesn't really focus it's campaign towards dedicated liberal voters who have been voting liberal their entire lives because they know they already have them regardless; they focus their campaign towards the majority who are in the centre because THAT is where the majority of the undecided voters are. As I said, same for Capcom - I don't think Capcom is really all that concerned with us because they know they have us and WE are the ones who want the zombies, not those who are new to the series - the people who they want to reach are the rest of the gamers who might have, for one reason or another, overlooked the RE series before. And it WORKED, because Re 4 and Re 5 greatly expanded Capcom's target audience. Because it had factors - such as the greater emphasis on action/adventure, and the speed of it - that appealed to a broader audience than the previous games.

Whatever Capcom is going to do, they are going to do what will make them the most amount of money. And to be honest - I don't think zombies are marketable enough right now, and that might be the reason for their absense before any gameplay issues. Kudos to whoever actually read this, lol, I hope it made sense.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Femme... I don't think it could be said any better. Until they bring back puzzles and claustraphobic environments slow zombies are done. The franchise used to be a survival horror, now it just seems more an action series.
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:28 pm

@nite so is he considered worse than me Very Happy?

And i think if enough people are complaining at capcom, they would return to slower zombies.... sadly i don't think there are enough people to complain.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:01 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Femme... I don't think it could be said any better. Until they bring back puzzles and claustraphobic environments slow zombies are done. The franchise used to be a survival horror, now it just seems more an action series.

Well I don't want to contribute to off-topic discussion, or encourage it, but I have a 360 too.Smile Unfortunately it isn't working right now, although I can play stuff, only for a short while, before it overheats, I did however buy it used, and I have had it for a good while.

@LFF, I agree, that Capcom will do what makes money, that is what is important to them.

While RE5 had many, many action elements, RE4 should not be subjected to that same negative labeling.

RE4 & RE5 had their claustrophobic areas, small halls, etc. especially RE4. RE4 had puzzles, plenty of them. RE5 also had puzzles, considerabley less, but still had them.

RE5, at least the main game, was pretty action packed at times, and while RE4 had it's action moments, so did Code Veronica, and RE3. In fact so did Dead Aim, and even RE0 had it's moments.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:01 pm

RE0 could be hair pullingly stressful at times. If you have a stratergy guide you can complete RE1 in a few hours easily. Even with a stratergy guide REO is still a pain in the ass to complete.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:07 am

Jamesy wrote:
RE0 could be hair pullingly stressful at times. If you have a stratergy guide you can complete RE1 in a few hours easily. Even with a stratergy guide REO is still a pain in the ass to complete.

jamesy if your having problems then try a youtube walkthrough
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:52 am

I did have the most amazing stratergy guide for the Remake buy my brother tore it up 6 years ago. And yes I do use youtube to help me.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I did have the most amazing stratergy guide for the Remake buy my brother tore it up 6 years ago. And yes I do use youtube to help me.

Pretty sure your brother deserves the death sentence.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:28 pm

lol nite he most definitely does. Jamesy if you use youtube walktroughs how come you havent passed it. its not hard when someone is showing you what to do
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Jamesy wrote:

There was one that you had to light the animal statues in a certain order, that one had stumped me the first time. There isn't any logical way to figure it out, other than just guess and check.

I looked it up, wrote it down, and refer to it whenever I get to that part, otherwise, I didn't have too much trouble with any puzzles in particular. RE0 is definately tough though. Mimicry Marcus, a pain in the ass every time you encounter it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:23 am

Spike991 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

There was one that you had to light the animal statues in a certain order, that one had stumped me the first time. There isn't any logical way to figure it out, other than just guess and check.

I looked it up, wrote it down, and refer to it whenever I get to that part, otherwise, I didn't have too much trouble with any puzzles in particular. RE0 is definately tough though. Mimicry Marcus, a pain in the ass every time you encounter it.

Omg Spike, I remember that part. It pissed me off. I tried everything I could think of but pffff. Stupid puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm

The worst aspect of RE0 for me was remembering where you left items esspecially if they were important. Why not use item boxes in the game? Far more straightforward.

In fact thats probabl the only reason why RE0 took longer to complete than the remake becasue of the item mangagement challenges in the game.

Weskerbarber I have completed RE0 numerous times.

Nite the stratergy guide was already partly damaged when my brother tore it. To be fair I did hit my brother so thats why he did it Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Jamesy wrote:
The worst aspect of RE0 for me was remembering where you left items esspecially if they were important. Why not use item boxes in the game? Far more straightforward.

In fact thats probabl the only reason why RE0 took longer to complete than the remake becasue of the item mangagement challenges in the game.

Nite the stratergy guide was already partly damaged when my brother tore it. To be fair I did hit my brother so thats why he did it Evil or Very Mad

Pff Jamesy, you always love realism so much. RE0's item managment should be a dream for you. Flip flopper.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Jamesy wrote:

You had trouble remembering where you left items? Well Capcom must have expected that, because if you go to your map, it will show you where each and every item you have dropped is, very helpful actually...although I didn't have any trouble remembering locations. Being able to drop items was definately useful though.

@Nite, at one point I remember trying to light them all.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:48 am

Well not only that but also not have a massive amount of inventory space to store all your ammo.

lol imagine them using item boxes in RE5.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well not only that but also not have a massive amount of inventory space to store all your ammo.

Your argument for not liking RE0 has failed Jamesy. Give up on life.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:22 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Your argument for not liking RE0 has failed Jamesy. Give up on life.

lol thats a bit harsh nite. Lets not forget Jamesy is the heartbeat of this forum.he has over a 1000 posts and about a thousand of them were questions.Yes some were stupid questions but the point is his heart beats to the resi forum drum lol.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:25 pm

And about 1097 of his posts were losing arguments. Razz
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Jamesy is close to winning an argument. I can feel it. he just needs that extra bit of confidence and better questions lol you can do it Jamesy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:49 pm

No you can't Jamesy. Don't listen to him. Don't get your hopes up. They will be dashed.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Nite RE0 had a storyline which made no sense as well? I mean if there were leech zombies in the traning facility why were there not any in the mansion?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I mean if there were leech zombies in the traning facility why were there not any in the mansion?

Magical forcefields impenetrable only to leech zombies obviously...duh.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:03 pm

What do you mean magical forcefields?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
What do you mean magical forcefields?

lol. Jamesy you don't know your Resident Evil trivia at all. When James Marcus was alive, he put tiny shock collars on all his leeches to prevent them from leaving the training facility. You should really know this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula   A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil /  Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Logical Arguement for Why Slow Zombies Might NEVER Return in Resident Evil / Slow zombie vs Fast zombie Formula
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next