HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...

Go down 
+6
iDetonation
Jamesy
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
frodomir
Voltius
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... Empty
PostSubject: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 pm

A spin-off (Survivor - Dead Aim - Outbreak) style

• A game featuring Hunk and his squad
  • taking place before RE4 but after the Racoon City Incident
  • taking place IN an isolated city in a foreign 3rd world country with a collapsed government that has no money or resources to "clean up"
  • with an Over the shoulder camera
  • optional online multiplayer but designed for Single Player
  • with heavy survival horror elements (heavy emphasis on inventory management)
  • with a large amount of slow moving zombies - Less than Dead Rising but more than Left 4 Dead (now easily possible with today's game engines)
  • only the zombies are just a tad bit faster than the RE3 ones
  • and you can strafe while running and walking but walk while you aim and shoot or reload
  • with a 10% wide open spaces and 90% claustrophobic small spaces

I would be so happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 am

Voltius wrote:

• taking place IN an isolated city in a foreign 3rd world country with a collapsed government that has no money or resources to "clean up"
  • with a large amount of slow moving zombies - Less than Dead Rising but more than Left 4 Dead (now easily possible with today's game engines)
  • and you can strafe while running and walking but walk while you aim and shoot or reload

Id prefer to see RE 5 camera. Gives us more freedom. Or FPS view like in shooting games, not the crappy move aim around camera. True, it would be big change, but hell, why not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 pm

That would actually be a really good idea. I like it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:32 pm

@Fro: He said over the shoulder camera. That's the RE5 camera.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:28 am

What I don't get is why people don't consider the fixed camera angle style of gameplay modern?
Back to top Go down
iDetonation
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
iDetonation

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:20 am

I think it would be interesting, I'd definitely buy it. :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook/com/adam.confer
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
What I don't get is why people don't consider the fixed camera angle style of gameplay modern?

Because it requires tank controls and those are considered un-intuitive. Where pressing Right makes the character move to THEIR right instead of moving to the right direction in the environment, etc... I've seen games try to use camera angles without tank controls and they've all had the same problem.

Static Camera Angles without TANK controls Example:
A character is in a room with the exit on the left side of your TV screen (west exit), the character is in the middle of the room (facing north) so you press LEFT on the controller the character faces left and runs east toward the exit. BUT then the camera changes to a different angle where the exit to the room is now near the top of your screen (North). If you keep holding down the LEFT direction on the controller the character runs off to the left as soon as the camera changes, completely missing the exit and heading towards a different part of the room which triggers another camera angle, confusing the player. Basically you have to stop moving the character during camera angle changes and see the new direction you have to press.

Original Tank Controls with Static Camera Angles Example:
A character is in a room with the exit on the left side of your TV screen, the character is already facing the left, you press Forward on the controller so the character runs forward in the direction that THEY are facing and they run forward to the left side of the screen and then the camera changes to a different angle where the exit to the room is now near the top of the screen. No need to press a different button, If you keep holding the Forward button on the controller the character will still run forward in the direction they're facing (which is the exit).

With Tank Controls no matter what the camera angle the character still goes in the right direction. But many players can't get used to it and can't develop the instinct to orient themselves around which direction their in game character is facing.

Without Tank Controls the control scheme is more intuitive but a lot of mistakes are made in game, pissing off the player.

The only way to combat this to develop camera angles that do NOT change direction, North is always north, east always east. But then that would be boring and completely miss the point of having camera angles in the first place.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:01 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
@Fro: He said over the shoulder camera. That's the RE5 camera.

my bad, missed that part
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 am

I'm guessing we might see another Outbreak style game in the near future...hopefully it is much improved over the first two
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Voltius wrote:

I think that the Survivor series should be made into the Chronicle series, Survivor Chronicles if you will. Survivor and Dead Aim(mainly Survivor) are deserving of a remake, and really deserve one. Playing it via Chronicles, would ensure that it plays well(as well as a rail-shooter will), and gets to look pretty.Smile Maybe making something new, over-the-shoulder, involving Ark Thompson & Bruce McGivern, maybe teamed up, and since they both have a government and/or Leon connection, Leon could be there too....
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:14 am

Spike991 wrote:
I think that the Survivor series should be made into the Chronicle series, Survivor Chronicles if you will. Survivor and Dead Aim(mainly Survivor) are deserving of a remake, and really deserve one. Playing it via Chronicles, would ensure that it plays well(as well as a rail-shooter will), and gets to look pretty.Smile Maybe making something new, over-the-shoulder, involving Ark Thompson & Bruce McGivern, maybe teamed up, and since they both have a government and/or Leon connection, Leon could be there too....
Now that might be something worth playing
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:47 am

Both Spike's and Volitus' ideas are brilliant. I'd pay for and play both of them, doubtlessly.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 am

lol personally i could NOT stand Ark Thompson & Bruce McGivern as well as that Stupid Fong Lee or whatever her name was. God I hated them all. Especially Ark, his voice actor was just... no no no.

Those characters belong in the trash can.
*Cringes*
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:20 am

I thought Bruce was worse then Ark...I couldnt stand Bruce's voice in Dead Aim and Fong too was pretty bad
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 am

Regenerator wrote:
I thought Bruce was worse then Ark...I couldnt stand Bruce's voice in Dead Aim and Fong too was pretty bad

me personally i couldnt stand arks. it was worse than the voice acting in the original
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:03 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

me personally i couldnt stand arks. it was worse than the voice acting in the original
Arks was bad too but I wouldn't go as far to say that is was worse than the original's voice acting
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am

Regenerator wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

Arks was bad too but I wouldn't go as far to say that is was worse than the original's voice acting

i would.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 pm

Ark had a really wierd lisp, almost a hidden accident or something, I don't know something wasn't right. It sounded aweful, where-as the Original RE's cast voices were fine they just had BAD lines.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Voltius wrote:
Ark had a really wierd lisp, almost a hidden accident or something, I don't know something wasn't right. It sounded aweful, where-as the Original RE's cast voices were fine they just had BAD lines.

Ark sounded a bit like Chris from the original, in fact, he even resembles Chris to some extent, which gives me the feeling that it was originally meant to be Chris. Ark knows Leon, anyway, it just seems like a logical assumption.

On a similar note, Bruce and Fongling in Dead Aim seemed like they were originally meant to be Leon & Ada, and were turned to a couple of half-ass refects, which a cool antagonist.Smile

I bet the Survivor series as a whole was meant to have the main characters and was changed in order to become Playstation brand titles, off-brand, and different from that of the main-series, which was made to be put on the GC with that deal that Capcom made.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Voltius wrote:

Ark sounded a bit like Chris from the original, in fact, he even resembles Chris to some extent, which gives me the feeling that it was originally meant to be Chris. Ark knows Leon, anyway, it just seems like a logical assumption.

On a similar note, Bruce and Fongling in Dead Aim seemed like they were originally meant to be Leon & Ada, and were turned to a couple of half-ass refects, which a cool antagonist.Smile

I bet the Survivor series as a whole was meant to have the main characters and was changed in order to become Playstation brand titles, off-brand, and different from that of the main-series, which was made to be put on the GC with that deal that Capcom made.
thats an interesting thought Spike
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:15 am

@Spike991, I can definitely see that. makes one wonder how Resident Evil would have turned out as a series if it weren't for that Game Cube Exclusive deal.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:13 pm

But whats the point. Working on multiple projects makes it both slower and it costs most. The money is what makes business going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...   While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this... Empty

Back to top Go down

While waiting for RE6: How about Capcom makes this...
Page 1 of 1