Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil- namefail? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil- namefail? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil- namefail? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil- namefail? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil- namefail? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil- namefail? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil- namefail? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil- namefail? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil- namefail? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil- namefail?

Go down 
+8
Voltius
NiteKrawler
BOBLATHON
Spike991
Regenerator
iDetonation
frodomir
nekronuke
12 posters
AuthorMessage
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

Resident evil- namefail? Empty
PostSubject: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Ok, ive wondered since REmake.... what idiot came up with the name resident evil? it sorta made sense with the first one, as, Resident dead wouldnt suffice. (paperwork term in postal service) But Biohazard works better all throughout.... what with, T, G, Plaga, Uruboros, T-V, T-W, it makes more sense. your thoughts? im done ranting, now to lurk for another 3-4 months.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:08 am

Resident Evil works for me too. Resident evil - resident evil, simple enough. Zombies are evil, we dont like them. Headshot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
iDetonation
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
iDetonation

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 am

I.. never really thought about it that way, but of course, I've grown accustomed to the title and I like it. :]

But I do agree with you, Biohazard fits better, but in my opinion, it sounds too.. corny or cliche to be a zombie game // movie title. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook/com/adam.confer
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 am

the title works for me but I have given it thought on why the series has this name
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:26 pm

nekronuke wrote:
Ok, ive wondered since REmake.... what idiot came up with the name resident evil? it sorta made sense with the first one, as, Resident dead wouldnt suffice. (paperwork term in postal service) But Biohazard works better all throughout.... what with, T, G, Plaga, Uruboros, T-V, T-W, it makes more sense. your thoughts? im done ranting, now to lurk for another 3-4 months.

No idea, although we are all so used to it that we don't think twice about it usually. Biohazard does fit alot better though.

At first, just from the title, I thought you were going to talk about the "primogenitor virus" that was mentioned in the REmake. We all know it is the "Progenitor" virus, but no doubt it was a little typo, one of the few in the REmake.Smile

RE0 had so many though, but they were fixed in the Wii port...Archives as it is called.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 am

I love the name Resident Evil... I was very fitting for the first game as it takes place in a residence hahaha.
From what I have read, they changed the name in other markets because biohazard would be damn near impossible to copyright, market, etc... in America.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:02 pm

It couldn't be named Biohazard in America because there was a band of the same name with the name copyrighted already. As for Resident Evil, I believe it has to do with the game that the series is rumored to be based on. Sweet Home or something like that...
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:06 pm

certain regions of the world like different titles for their games too
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm

I thought about this a long time ago too.

Both Biohazard and Resident Evil would work well, but Biohazard would describe the series as a whole better.

Resident Evil = A resident of a certain place of residing is evil, aka Evil Resident
YES RE0 has residents (of the Training Facility) that are evil
YES RE1 has residents (of the Mansion) that are evil
YES RE2 has residents (of Racoon City and Umbrella Facility) that are evil
YES RE3 has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
NO RE Dead Aim takes place on a cruise ship which doesn't have residents but travelers, later on in game you meet the evil residents of an umbrella facility tho
YES RE Survivor has residents (of Sheena island) that are evil
YES RE Outbreak 1 + 2 has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
NO RE Gaiden takes place on a cruise ship that has travelers, not residents
YES RE Code Veronica has residents (workers, prisoners on the island) that are evil
YES RE4 has residents (of the spanish village) that are evil
YES RE5 has residents (of Kijuju) that are evil
YES RE Umbrella Chronicles has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
YES RE Dark Side Chronicles has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
NO RE Degenerated has airport visitors that are evil but they are not residents

BioHazard = A biological hazard or biohazard is an organism, or substance derived from an organism, that poses a threat to (primarily) human health. ...
YES RE0 features biohazards
YES RE1 features biohazards
YES RE2 features biohazards
YES RE3 features biohazards
YES RE Dead Aim features biohazards
YES RE Survivor features biohazards
YES RE Outbreak 1 + 2 features biohazards
YES RE Gaiden features biohazards
YES RE Code Veronica features biohazards
YES RE4 features parasites that are biohazards
YES RE5 features parasites that are biohazards
YES RE Umbrella Chronicles features biohazards
YES RE Dark Side Chronicles features biohazards
YES RE Degenerated features biohazards

So I'd say "Biohazard" would best describe the series over "Resident Evil" even thought I'm used to the name Resident Evil more. Since Biohazard was already a band name Capcom should of just spelled it differently like Biohaxard or something, then again that might have been seen as lame so they chose Resident Evil, which is fine.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:04 am

If there are residents that are evil, doesn't necessarily mean everything is evil. Hell, I have evil neighbors and I don't need to resist the evil. There are always evil residents. I mean they did create the "evil", but again zombies are bigger evil than residents. They didn't mean "Our game has evil residents". They meant survive evil. As for Biohazard, it would work, but they are bringing to much terrorism acts into it. Its just few man ideals, not whole damn platoon or w/e.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 pm

I've actually been wondering the same thing about the name. A Finn as I am I've been trying to translate it into Finnish but it just sounds stupid in our language as it doesn't make any real sense when directly translated. Anyway, I've grown to know it as 'Resident Evil' so I'll just ignore the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Just look at it as "Evil occupies this place" and it will make perfect sense. I have always taken it to mean, evil at your front door, terror close to home, blah blah blah...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Just look at it as "Evil occupies this place" and it will make perfect sense. I have always taken it to mean, evil at your front door, terror close to home, blah blah blah...

This is probably the best way to look at it that I have seen. I never thought about it that way...but it's true. Once again, Bob wins.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 am

frodomir wrote:
If there are residents that are evil, doesn't necessarily mean everything is evil. Hell, I have evil neighbors and I don't need to resist the evil. There are always evil residents. I mean they did create the "evil", but again zombies are bigger evil than residents. They didn't mean "Our game has evil residents". They meant survive evil. As for Biohazard, it would work, but they are bringing to much terrorism acts into it. Its just few man ideals, not whole damn platoon or w/e.

That's just too much 'resident' and 'evil' for me to really understand in one paragraph.
Back to top Go down
EvilMonster
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

Even if topic is old I wanted to speak out on this issue. I also thought about it quite a lot of time. I completely agree! Biohazard fits way better. Pity they had to change it to another title. The game is about biological hazard, about viruses which kills/mutate everyone even plants, animals, everything that moves etc. About virus(biological weapon) that escaped, conspiracy, spies, corruption, evil gigantic biotech military corporation, politics and of course zombies (infected people), monsters and other results of biological experiments, it feels more like sci-fi and more closer to real life. Quite apparent and straightforward. When I hear "Resident Evil" I have associations about some kind of eternal evil, something demonic, unnatural, etc.. Biohazard is more sci-fi, it fits better, my vote for biohazard.
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Voltius wrote:
I thought about this a long time ago too.

Both Biohazard and Resident Evil would work well, but Biohazard would describe the series as a whole better.

Resident Evil = A resident of a certain place of residing is evil, aka Evil Resident
YES RE0 has residents (of the Training Facility) that are evil
YES RE1 has residents (of the Mansion) that are evil
YES RE2 has residents (of Racoon City and Umbrella Facility) that are evil
YES RE3 has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
NO RE Dead Aim takes place on a cruise ship which doesn't have residents but travelers, later on in game you meet the evil residents of an umbrella facility tho
YES RE Survivor has residents (of Sheena island) that are evil
YES RE Outbreak 1 + 2 has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
NO RE Gaiden takes place on a cruise ship that has travelers, not residents
YES RE Code Veronica has residents (workers, prisoners on the island) that are evil
YES RE4 has residents (of the spanish village) that are evil
YES RE5 has residents (of Kijuju) that are evil
YES RE Umbrella Chronicles has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
YES RE Dark Side Chronicles has residents (of Racoon City) that are evil
NO RE Degenerated has airport visitors that are evil but they are not residents

BioHazard = A biological hazard or biohazard is an organism, or substance derived from an organism, that poses a threat to (primarily) human health. ...
YES RE0 features biohazards
YES RE1 features biohazards
YES RE2 features biohazards
YES RE3 features biohazards
YES RE Dead Aim features biohazards
YES RE Survivor features biohazards
YES RE Outbreak 1 + 2 features biohazards
YES RE Gaiden features biohazards
YES RE Code Veronica features biohazards
YES RE4 features parasites that are biohazards
YES RE5 features parasites that are biohazards
YES RE Umbrella Chronicles features biohazards
YES RE Dark Side Chronicles features biohazards
YES RE Degenerated features biohazards

So I'd say "Biohazard" would best describe the series over "Resident Evil" even thought I'm used to the name Resident Evil more. Since Biohazard was already a band name Capcom should of just spelled it differently like Biohaxard or something, then again that might have been seen as lame so they chose Resident Evil, which is fine.

Wow Epic Post I totally agree!!! It started as residents tho and remember they didnt know it was a hit game and the first 1 could have been the last, so then it features less residents and more biohazerds as the sequels continues
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil- namefail?   Resident evil- namefail? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil- namefail?
Page 1 of 1