HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Did you notice this at all?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:
And after seeing the state of Wesker by the end of RE5 you criticise me spike for voicing negative opinons on capcom lol. Very Happy

Just take that comment with a pinch of salt.

I criticise you for criticising Capcom? When was this, because I don't remember it...

I am the one usually criticising Capcom, in fact I'm the guy with the pitchfork and a picket sign.Smile
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

spike is like the thorn in capcoms back.he will always spot the mistakes but will always be quick to praise them when doing good but at the same time never forgiving them for hiring dc douglas lol!
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm

You criticised me when I mentioned earlier that they could have done more to LIN.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
You criticised me when I mentioned earlier that they could have done more to LIN.

Not exactly, I'm all for them expanding on it, but I don't know how much else they could have done, I'm on the fence for that particular idea.Smile

@weskersbarber, just lol.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:15 pm

True Spike. And to be honest with you the mansion in LIN had nothing on the original spencer mansion from the remake.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Jamesy wrote:
True Spike. And to be honest with you the mansion in LIN had nothing on the original spencer mansion from the remake.

It looked cool in it's own right, but yeah, the Raccoon Spencer estate was the coolest...

Also, did you notice(assuming you have played Darkside) that the Spencer estate replica in the Antartic, where Alexia, Chris & Wesker had fought, in Darkside was still the one from the original RE, alothough the mansion was remade in the REmake, so I expected to see the REmake mansion, not the original one...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Haven't played Darkside but I have played UC

Hay spike just an idea but I wonder if they should do yet another remake of RE1 but this time you play in the over the shoulder game style like in RE4 and RE5. That with improved graphics would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Haven't played Darkside but I have played UC

Hay spike just an idea but I wonder if they should do yet another remake of RE1 but this time you play in the over the shoulder game style like in RE4 and RE5. That with improved graphics would be so cool.

I don't think so...I wouldn't want yet another remake. I would like another game over-the-shoulder like RE5, in terms of having it work as well as that one, much like LIN actually, but not RE1, that one has been played with too much.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Yeah Spike but RE1 Remake with next generation graphics would be nothing short of jaw dropping.

The remaek itself is getting a little eldery now since its almost been 10 years since it came out.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah Spike but RE1 Remake with next generation graphics would be nothing short of jaw dropping.

The remaek itself is getting a little eldery now since its almost been 10 years since it came out.

The graphics in the REmake are still amazing, breathtaking really, especially since the environments are prerendered. If it were remade, again, on current gen, it wouldn't look too much different, at least not enough to where the entire game should be remade.

All that said, having it rereleased yet again is overkill, as we just got that Wii port of the REmake about a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Bizzarely they were talking about remaking RE4.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Remaking RE4 would be an epic fail.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Well maybe not a complete fail. I mean just look at how much they improved graphics wise from RE4-RE5. Of course RE4 kicked the shit out of RE5 in terms of charm and entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well maybe not a complete fail. I mean just look at how much they improved graphics wise from RE4-RE5. Of course RE4 kicked the shit out of RE5 in terms of charm and entertainment.

Gameplay wise RE4 could be improved on, but it deosn't need to be. Nor do any of the RE games.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:

The graphics didn't improve nearly enough to warrant a remake. And I was far far FAR more entertained by RE5 than I was with RE4. RE5 basically had everything RE4 did and more.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am

RE5 as I have said before was more a going through the emotions type of game, and really was just an excuse to kill of Wesker. YES RE5 was more 'real' and more true to Resident Evil than RE4 was but you must admit RE4 did have more funny moments and characters in RE4 were stronger and kept your attention.

Your telling me the graphics have not improved enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNM_58Kg_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnxFwqhbMDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6iq_Lk11_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KDrqHXh2Bc&feature=PlayList&p=E2A9DD2BE4BD7DBC&index=0&playnext=1
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Jamesy wrote:
RE5 as I have said before was more a going through the emotions type of game, and really was just an excuse to kill of Wesker. YES RE5 was more 'real' and more true to Resident Evil than RE4 was but you must admit RE4 did have more funny moments and characters in RE4 were stronger and kept your attention.

RE4 had some strong characters like Leon, Ada, Luis, Krauser (yuck),Saddler (I guess), and Salazar. RE5 had them too...Chris, Sheva, Jill, Irving, Wesker, Excella (although I didn't like her). RE5 in my opinion had much better characters. And funny moments? Since when does comedy make a horror game better? Bad logic there. And yes, I'm saying for the last time, the graphics between RE4 and 5 are nowhere near different enough to warrant a remake. The idea is ridiculous. People want a remake of Final Fantasy 7. That's fair. But look at the difference between FF then, and FF now. Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

RE4 had some strong characters like Leon, Ada, Luis, Krauser (yuck),Saddler (I guess), and Salazar. RE5 had them too...Chris, Sheva, Jill, Irving, Wesker, Excella (although I didn't like her). RE5 in my opinion had much better characters. And funny moments? Since when does comedy make a horror game better? Bad logic there. And yes, I'm saying for the last time, the graphics between RE4 and 5 are nowhere near different enough to warrant a remake. The idea is ridiculous. People want a remake of Final Fantasy 7. That's fair. But look at the difference between FF then, and FF now. Exactly.

I think both had great characters, music, plots, etc. RE5 did continue more pertinent storyline stuff between characters than RE4, that is something that is a certainty.

As things progress you can expect more action, more comedy, or rather comedic relief in terms of RE4, but in any case I pretty much agree with Nite.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Well the original RE1 was remade only 6 years after it came out. Its already been 5 years since we got our hands on RE4. Maybe graphic technology has not progressed as fast as used too in the olden days 'the 90's'.

Excella I thought was one of the stronger characters in the game, more so than Irving. I personally think Excella would have better suited RE4.

Last edited by Jamesy on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well the original RE1 was remade only 6 years after it came out. Its already been 5 years since we got our hands on RE4. Maybe graphic technology has not progressed that it did back in the olden days 'the 90's'.

Excella I thought was one of the stronger characters in the game, more so than Irving. I personally think Excella what have better suited RE4.

Yes, I think going from the PS1 era to the PS2 era was a huge jump graphics-wise.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm

No way should re4 be remade.Its fine the way it is. RE2 should be remade imo with re5 graphics and camera angles
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:04 pm

I wonder why graphics are progressing more slowly in recent times?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I wonder why graphics are progressing more slowly in recent times?

Probably because they cant get much better visually. There are other things to look at as well, such as how big an area may be without breaking the system, how many things can be on screen at once...etc.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Speaking of how many things can be on screen at once, in the RE1 Remake I think they cold probably fit about 7 zombies on one screen.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:16 pm

We got RE2 & RE3 in the Chronicles series, that is probably the best we will get in terms of a remake. The RE3 one was pretty lame in how it didn't follow it's story at all...although Jill & Carlos were cool, even if it were in Outbreak levels.

The RE2 section of Darkside was more faithful however, and much more enjoyable.

Also, I noticed considerable differences between how many enemies could be fit on a screen at one time in RE5 compared to the early trailers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you notice this at all?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next