Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Did you notice this at all? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Did you notice this at all? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Did you notice this at all? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Did you notice this at all? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Did you notice this at all? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Did you notice this at all? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Did you notice this at all? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Did you notice this at all? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Did you notice this at all?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Did you notice this at all? Empty
PostSubject: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 am

In RE5 in the volcano when Wesker thrusts his hand through a rocket containing Uroboros it was funny because he seemed like an evil english cartoon character.

They completely messed up his persona Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Jamesy wrote:
In RE5 in the volcano when Wesker thrusts his hand through a rocket containing Uroboros it was funny because he seemed like an evil english cartoon character.

Yeah, I definately noticed that, because when I was playing just recently I noticed something similar. In the jet after him & Chris and Sheva fight, as the wind is sucking them out and Wesker grabs onto Sheva's boot, "I'm taking the two of you with me!", with the crappy voice and the way his hair was in the wind, he looked like an angry english guy...

Alot of his lines make him sound that way too, "Ah there you are!".
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Yeah, I definately noticed that, because when I was playing just recently I noticed something similar. In the jet after him & Chris and Sheva fight, as the wind is sucking them out and Wesker grabs onto Sheva's boot, "I'm taking the two of you with me!", with the crappy voice and the way his hair was in the wind, he looked like an angry english guy...

and remember how bad it was when he said 'you cant hide forever'
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:42 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

When he gets injected with the syringe full of PG67AW, he starts screaming like a little kind....definately not Wesker quality, that is all DC Douglas...
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

When he gets injected with the syringe full of PG67AW, he starts screaming like a little kind....definately not Wesker quality, that is all DC Douglas...

i was just wondering spike did capcom give any reason at all for not using richy waugh anymore and using douglas because as we know waugh was by far the best voice actor for wesker but it seemed strange to more or less leave him in the cold for lesser quality.capcom make some strange decisions
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:00 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
i was just wondering spike did capcom give any reason at all for not using richy waugh anymore and using douglas because as we know waugh was by far the best voice actor for wesker but it seemed strange to more or less leave him in the cold for lesser quality.capcom make some strange decisions

Not officially, as far as I know, but in this interview with Richard Waugh, with Fanime, he mentions why:

"Coming right off a week of Resident Evil retrospective, Zentendo got the chance to sit down with the man whose voice, above all others, truly defines the series. Richard Waugh has been the voice of series antagonist Albert Wesker for the longest duration, Starting with Resident Evil Code Veronica, through Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4. He was also the voice of Wesker in the promotional DVD "Wesker's Report".

This is the first time Richard Waugh has made a public appearance based on a character. He lives and works in Canada on various movies and television programs. He has starred in movies alongside Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. It was only recently that he began to see the impact of his role of Wesker has played on the fanbase. "I had recently been given a bag full of fan mail, that was from across the globe, I even got a letter from a girl in Eastern Europe." It was not long after that he was extended an invite from Fanime to attend this year.

Getting into the role of Wesker was based more off his imagination at first. "Nothing on the game was done when I first went in to record, I was handed a script that gave descriptions of what the creators were looking for. a 6 foot tall man, deep voice, possibly British. Doing the best I could, I tried to imagine this character and used the late actor George Sanders voice work in 'The Jungle Book' as a point of reference." Throughout the games development cycles, Richard would be called back in to do new lines or sometimes a series of grunts "At one point there were this untextured,blocky 3D models and they would be in one pose, and then they would show a picture of them in another pose and you would have to try to connect the dots of missing animation in an action and react off that." Sometimes Capcom would intentionally record a load of dialog to save for later. "They had what they called a 'Tool Box' so that after I had recorded all my lines, they could go in and cut a line short or pull a word out and place it somewhere else." This also helps to explain clunky in game moments where a sentence seems cut short, or the last word seems oddly emphasized. Those who follow the voice acting scene, probably already know that very rarely is voice recording done together with the other actors. "Capcom wanted to make sure everyone recorded their lines separately, presumably for the 'Tool Box'. I remember there was one time I had come to the studio early and I found the Actress for Ada waiting in the lobby. I asked the voice director 'Why don't we record our lines together since were both here' but they were insistent about doing them alone."

Those who have followed the series may know that, even in Japan, The "Resident Evil" or "Biohazard" series always has english dubs. There is no Japanese or European tracks. The games of course are always made in Japan, and this naturally lead to some peculiar bits of translation problems. If you started with the series in 1997 you know full well how silly the original games dialog is. This of course led to some humorous moments recording the lines while Japanese correspondantes from Capcom were present. "There was one monologue in Code Veronica where my line was something like 'You have won to battle today Chris, but tomorrow the sun will rise and that which you have succeeded with today will not save your victory for when I have....' So I brought the voice director over and said something like 'Why don't we just change this to, Tomorow is another day. So she goes over and discusses it with the Capcom people behind the glass wall and for like 10-15 minutes you can see all this murmuring and moving around until finally someone in the sound booth comes up and just says OK". Besides trimming down preachy lengths of dialog Richard Waugh has also made other strides in making Wesker his own "Any time I see a contraction in the script I mark it out and change it. I always make sure Wesker would say 'Can not' and 'Will not'. I always thought it was one of those things that define him as a character"

Those curious about his future as Albert Wesker might be in for a disappointment. If you picked up last years "The Umbrella Chronicles" you might notice something amiss about the voice of Wesker "It's weird because I did the voice recordings for Wesker in Umbrella Chronicles. However Capcom has decided that they want to hire non-union actors in California instead, so my voice was replaced. Which became sort of funny when I heard that the replacement tried sounding like me." This explains the sudden and confusing cast change for "Umbrella Chronicles" shortly after the release of "Resident Evil 4". The voice of Albert Wesker is now being handled by D.C. Douglass in "Resident Evil 5" instead. Richard encouraged fans to let Capcom know how they feel about the change.

Despite being very new to the fan scene, Richard was very patient with the fans, and had multiple signing sessions, even beyond his scheduled time. He was also very funny in playing off his role, and even poking fun of the script in "Seperate Ways" in which every sentence ended in the word "Sample". While the recording for "Resident Evil 5" is long over, hopefully the demands of the fanbase will reach Capcoms ears and restore the beloved and iconic voice of Albert Wesker to most successful Capcom franchise."
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks for that spike it seems like richard is someone who cares alot for the character. i just googled richard waugh looking for images and i came across this lol https://s701.photobucket.com/home/Spikeblofeld991/recentuploads?page=2
some great pictures in there spike
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

You mentioned in the description spke that Wesker stands at 6ft well he magically grew from 6'0 to 6'3 in RE5. Did the virus make him gain 3 inches in height?

Then again so did all the other characters lol. Damn lazy capcom.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Jamesy wrote:
You mentioned in the description spke that Wesker stands at 6ft well he magically grew from 6'0 to 6'3 in RE5. Did the virus make him gain 3 inches in height?

i made a thread way back about that as well. look at him in the original,zero and REmake and he seems to be just about the normal height yet in re5 he was huge and lanky.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Jamesy wrote:

lol, I didn't conduct the interview, that was Fanime, from when I made the first quote, until the final one, that was something I quoted entirely.Smile

Also, I think Waugh was just giving a general height. But from what I remember, in CVX, he was about 6ft, I am not sure about RE5's height...

@weskersbarber, Waugh definately cares about the character, and he basically build it from scratch, he really made the character, and when we get a voice actor like that, we shouldn't let them go, especially not for a second rate one.

Waugh isn't the only one though, Alyson Court(Claire), Sally Cahill(Ada), Paul Mercier(Leon), Roger Craig Smith(Chris), those are some other terrific voices in the series. Claire is the only one that has consistently voiced her character in each and every game she has appeared in, she definately deserves the #1 spot.Smile

If you google image Richard Waugh, a little collage that I made(with Paint) appears at the top, it shows Waugh from a couple of his movies, as well as the 3 Wesker appearances he played, RE0, CVX & RE4.

Also, Jamesy, if you want the link to the interview, here it is:

http://www.zentendo.com/reviews.php?articleId=367&page=1
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm

[quote="Spike991"]

If you google image Richard Waugh, a little collage that I made(with Paint) appears at the top, it shows Waugh from a couple of his movies, as well as the 3 Wesker appearances he played, RE0, CVX & RE4.
-----------------------------------

yeah thats the one i clicked on which lead me to your profile.thats is an exellent picture and it seems you are a diehard richard waugh fan
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:35 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
yeah thats the one i clicked on which lead me to your profile.thats is an exellent picture and it seems you are a diehard richard waugh fan

Yeah, Waugh was the coolest. Waugh has been in a few movies you might like to check out, Possessed(with Timothy Dalton), Animal 2(with Ving Rhames), The Score(with Robert DeNiro & Edward Norton).
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Yeah, Waugh was the coolest. Waugh has been in a few movies you might like to check out, Possessed(with Timothy Dalton), Animal 2(with Ving Rhames), The Score(with Robert DeNiro & Edward Norton).

what does he sound like in those movies. im guessing he has a different accent altogether but could you get a hint of wesker in it
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Speaking of height LOL. What I found annoying in the Remake was how the zombies were several inches taller than charactes Chris and Jill make it hard to move around them at times.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:47 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

what does he sound like in those movies. im guessing he has a different accent altogether but could you get a hint of wesker in it

Well he still sounds like himself in RE as Al, so in the movies you can definately hear hints of his Wesker role. Not as much in The Score, but in Animal 2 & Possessed you can. Also, I forgot to mention, he is also in The In-Laws with Michael Douglas, playing an agent.Smile
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:52 pm

spike i was just wondering do you know you voiced wesker in the REmake because if it wasnt waugh or douglas
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:53 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
spike i was just wondering do you know you voiced wesker in the REmake because if it wasnt waugh or douglas

Yeah it was Peter Jessop.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

he did a good enough job imo
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:59 pm

LMAO do you remember at the start of the fight with Wesker on the ship he says "I will see you dead" in a crazy voice lol.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:05 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

he did a good enough job imo

Yeah he did a great job. I probably can accept him more because he didn't come in and replace anyone, just a one time thing. I can say the same for Douglas, had he only voiced Wesker in UC, but the fact that he returned really sealed the deal.

@Jamesy, he had so many horrible lines in RE5...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Chris did throw in an epic one liner though saying "He was never with it from the start".
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Chris did throw in an epic one liner though saying "He was never with it from the start".

When did he say that?

Aside from Chris' monologues(which I thought were pretty cool, as one of them is in my sig), he had one really great line that I just loved, "You're just another one of Umbrella's leftovers", after injecting Wesker again.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Or the comic book villian one liner
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Or the comic book villian one liner

Oh, of course I know that one, "THE HUMAN RACE REQUIRES JUDGEMENT!".Smile

Wesker, who was always really cool, was just pathetic by the end of RE5, when all of his(or Spencer's for that matter) plans were falling apart...especially hearing the 'leftover' line.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:54 pm

And after seeing the state of Wesker by the end of RE5 you criticise me spike for voicing negative opinons on capcom lol. Very Happy

Just take that comment with a pinch of salt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you notice this at all?   Did you notice this at all? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you notice this at all?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next