Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 101 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 101 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 101 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 101 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 101 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 101 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 101 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 101

Go down 
+4
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
Flippy147
Spike991
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 pm

Welcome to this free class, it will primarily be taugh by NiteCrawler and myself, Spike.Smile

Anyway, I figured we could go over story stuff, people could ask questions, and they will be answered and discussed here.

Well that is starting it, so I thought I would pass the ball to Nite...
Back to top Go down
Flippy147
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Flippy147

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:49 am

Hmm, I guess for starters. What the chronological order that all of the resident evil games follow? And which one has the most in-depth story?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:25 am

Flippy147 wrote:
Hmm, I guess for starters. What the chronological order that all of the resident evil games follow? And which one has the most in-depth story?

RE0 happens on July 23rd of 1998, RE1 happens the next day on the 24th. RE3 takes place on September 28th of the same year, then RE2 takes place on the 29th, and pretty much ends on the 30th. RE3 picks up on October 1st, when Raccoon City is destroyed.

Survivor takes place about a month after Raccoon, with Code Veronica happening in Decemeber of 98'. As for Dead Aim, that takes place in 2002, same year as Darkside Chronicles' Operation Javier, although which came first is iffy.

In 2003, Operation TALOS happens in Russia, in Umbrella Chroncles. In 2004 Leon goes to Europe in RE4, and to Harvardville Airport in 2005, in Degeneration.

2006 is when Spencer gets killed, then Jill & Wesker fall out of the window and die, supposedley.

2008 or 2009, ten years after the first game, Chris goes to Africa in RE5.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:09 am

Spike991 wrote:
Flippy147 wrote:

RE0 happens on July 23rd of 1998, RE1 happens the next day on the 24th. RE3 takes place on September 28th of the same year, then RE2 takes place on the 29th, and pretty much ends on the 30th. RE3 picks up on October 1st, when Raccoon City is destroyed.

Survivor takes place about a month after Raccoon, with Code Veronica happening in Decemeber of 98'. As for Dead Aim, that takes place in 2002, same year as Darkside Chronicles' Operation Javier, although which came first is iffy.

In 2003, Operation TALOS happens in Russia, in Umbrella Chroncles. In 2004 Leon goes to Europe in RE4, and to Harvardville Airport in 2005, in Degeneration.

2006 is when Spencer gets killed, then Jill & Wesker fall out of the window and die, supposedley.

2008 or 2009, ten years after the first game, Chris goes to Africa in RE5.

spike you forgot about outbreak series. i think they happened the day before re2. give me time to think and i will have a few questions to ask

Last edited by weskersbarber on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 am

just realised we technically havent seen zombies since 2006.how sad but the time was right for a change
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Haha. Very nice. Do you know these dates off the top of your head Spike? The game with the most in depth story is debatable. Many people see RE2 as the best game with the best story. My personal favorite is RE1. Each of the Chronicles games could be argued as having the most in depth story because so many stories were crammed into each, and they both had never before seen (at the time) stories (Operation T-ALOS and Operation Javier). If it were up to me to decide on which game to pick to get the biggest picture for the overall story for RE, I would have a hard time choosing between Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, and RE5. RE5 just had so much information...files, recaps, timelines, everything.

EDIT: I should also mention that both Chronicles games also had short side story scenarios featuring Ada, Hunk, etc. I don't see these as new stories, just new scenes from the already existing stories.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:07 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Haha. Very nice. Do you know these dates off the top of your head Spike? The game with the most in depth story is debatable. Many people see RE2 as the best game with the best story. My personal favorite is RE1. Each of the Chronicles games could be argued as having the most in depth story because so many stories were crammed into each, and they both had never before seen (at the time) stories (Operation T-ALOS and Operation Javier). If it were up to me to decide on which game to pick to get the biggest picture for the overall story for RE, I would have a hard time choosing between Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, and RE5. RE5 just had so much information...files, recaps, timelines, everything.

EDIT: I should also mention that both Chronicles games also had short side story scenarios featuring Ada, Hunk, etc. I don't see these as new stories, just new scenes from the already existing stories.

I'd say RE5 would definitely be up there, because of all those files that depict the entire life stories of a lot of characters in the "Library" section, not to mention all the background on Umbrella's and Tricell's research from the files in the game itself.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:02 pm

code veronica has one of the best storys as well
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:20 pm

And, even if it was kinda random in a lot of ways, RE4's story was really cool, too.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
And, even if it was kinda random in a lot of ways, RE4's story was really cool, too.

RE4 had some great characters and introduced Las Plagas to us, but I didn't care for the story all that much. To me it was another generic "Agent saves president's daughter" story. I also did not like Krauser as I thought he was extremely stereotypical and boring.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
RE4 had some great characters and introduced Las Plagas to us, but I didn't care for the story all that much. To me it was another generic "Agent saves president's daughter" story. I also did not like Krauser as I thought he was extremely stereotypical and boring.

I thought Krauser was a cool character, especially after they expanded on his and Leon's relationship in Darkside Chronicles. As for RE4's story, it was definitely cliched in some way, but the characters and how Leon progressed through the game made it really cool in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:56 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
spike you forgot about outbreak series. i think they happened the day before re2. give me time to think and i will have a few questions to ask

The Outbreak series isn't exactly canon, nor are their any real dates given for those random and sporadic scenarios. We can deduce when some might happen, like the lab in the Below Freezing Point scenario must have happened before RE2, as the lab was blown up in RE2...

@Nite, yes I remember all of those dates, and that was all just general too.Smile

Also, I have to agree with you about the Chronicles series, definately one of the better experiences, mainly Darkside, but UC was cool too. They both add alot and well Darkside improved with the extras, and graphics, voices, etc.

The Outbreak games had the best in terms of extras for the longest time, artwork, cutscenes, extra game modes, sound clips...

RE5 has some great extras though, with the documents, cutscenes, and Mercenaries keeps me coming back.

About RE4's story, it wasn't the most original, but it wasn't bad at all. They introduced and concluded a great rivalry with Leon & Krauser in one game. It had tons of great eery and frightening moments, terrific music, gameplay was nice, voice acting was superb. Anyway the story was good.

Does anyone have anymore questions about the series? Maybe about characters...
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:02 am

Actually, I always really wondered.. What makes these characters so important? They introduce random characters in each game and yet within the same game they manage to make them heroes.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Actually, I always really wondered.. What makes these characters so important? They introduce random characters in each game and yet within the same game they manage to make them heroes.

Because those characters are molded throughout their respective games. Chris wouldn't be cool, had he not survived the Mansion Incident(or some equivilant), yet after all of his experience, he has been molded into a cool character.

The same can be said for Jill, Leon & Claire, among others, but those 4 seem to be the main ones. Obviously the 8 characters from Outbreak, however cool, are not as important.

Also, making connections between certain characters, like Claire being the sister of Chris Redfield, or a new character being teamed up with an old one(Sheva possibly...)

Anyway, I hope that answers it.Smile
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Because those characters are molded throughout their respective games. Chris wouldn't be cool, had he not survived the Mansion Incident(or some equivilant), yet after all of his experience, he has been molded into a cool character.

The same can be said for Jill, Leon & Claire, among others, but those 4 seem to be the main ones. Obviously the 8 characters from Outbreak, however cool, are not as important.

Also, making connections between certain characters, like Claire being the sister of Chris Redfield, or a new character being teamed up with an old one(Sheva possibly...)

But then they take some characters and just kinda overlook them in favor of new ones.

Barry and Rebecca primarily, the only two other surviving members of S.T.A.R.S., and they're just tossed aside for years until they're brought back as an afterthought of downloadable content for Resident Evil 5 in an attempt to increase revenue.

Instead they use Claire in both RE2 and Code: Veronica, Jill in RE1, RE3, and RE5, Leon in RE2 and RE4, and Chris in RE1, Code Veronica, and RE5.

Rebecca got her limelight with RE0, but where's Barry's story? It's kinda like, "Hey, you were some cool characters! Now go away."
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Sorry for barging in from nowhere, but about the chronological order. I've made a timeline of the chronological order of the games some time ago and it can be found here http://www.residentevilforums.net/resident-evil-related-f8/a-sort-of-a-re-timeline-t1788.htm. I hope it makes any sense to you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

But then they take some characters and just kinda overlook them in favor of new ones.

Barry and Rebecca primarily, the only two other surviving members of S.T.A.R.S., and they're just tossed aside for years until they're brought back as an afterthought of downloadable content for Resident Evil 5 in an attempt to increase revenue.

Instead they use Claire in both RE2 and Code: Veronica, Jill in RE1, RE3, and RE5, Leon in RE2 and RE4, and Chris in RE1, Code Veronica, and RE5.

Rebecca got her limelight with RE0, but where's Barry's story? It's kinda like, "Hey, you were some cool characters! Now go away."

Are those questions?

Anyway, as I said, some characters are more important, or even, more popular, thus their characters are developed more. Or they might get killed off or just neglected until they might eventually make a valiant return...

Why Rebecca & Barry have been neglected is left to debate, but that isn't really what this thread is about, it is about Q and A, with some disscussion in between.

@Mass Distraction, your general timeline was kind of long...

There was one major mistake I saw, UC was shown before DC, which in the case of what you put, Operation TALOS and Operation Javier, DC would go first, as Javier happened in 2002, with TALOS being 2003...otherwise, timelines should have dates, which in the case of the Outbreaks, there were none, and those aren't entirely canon either.

Last edited by Spike991 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Okay, question then. Why didn't Tricell expand on any of the B.O.W.s, except the Lickers?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Okay, question then. Why didn't Tricell expand on any of the B.O.W.s, except the Lickers?

They did, Ndesu vs the El Gigante and the U8 vs the U3, among others...

Even the Las Plagas have been altered, Type 2 & Type 3 have been seen, Type 2 in the shanty town, and Type 3 were the really athletic village looking people.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Oops, said that wrong. What I meant was, why didn't Tricell expand on any of the B.O.W.s of Umbrella's besides the Lickers?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Oops, said that wrong. What I meant was, why didn't Tricell expand on any of the B.O.W.s of Umbrella's besides the Lickers?

Well that Bat was different from the one in RE0, yet it was still a bat...that could be something.

Otherwise, there isn't really a reason, other than Capcom thought we had seen other BOWs such as Hunters, Tyrants, etc, too much. Maybe Lickers and their real popularity were just what Capcom was looking for....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Spike991 wrote:
@Mass Distraction, your general timeline was kind of long...

There was one major mistake I saw, UC was shown before DC, which in the case of what you put, Operation TALOS and Operation Javier, DC would go first, as Javier happened in 2002, with TALOS being 2003...otherwise, timelines should have dates, which in the case of the Outbreaks, there were none, and those aren't entirely canon either.
I fixed the thing, even added some dates(which I was too lazy to put in when I first made the post).
Actually none of the games not in the main thingy aren't fully canon but I pointed it out only on Gaiden because.. well, obvious reasons (won't spoil if someone still wants to play it). Anyway, thanks for pointing out the flaws in my post Very Happy

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Moonknight67 wrote:

Well that Bat was different from the one in RE0, yet it was still a bat...that could be something.

Otherwise, there isn't really a reason, other than Capcom thought we had seen other BOWs such as Hunters, Tyrants, etc, too much. Maybe Lickers and their real popularity were just what Capcom was looking for....

Tyrants are the coolest B.O.W.s ever. And Hunters are really annoying, but really cool enemies.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I fixed the thing, even added some dates(which I was too lazy to put in when I first made the post).
Actually none of the games not in the main thingy aren't fully canon but I pointed it out only on Gaiden because.. well, obvious reasons (won't spoil if someone still wants to play it). Anyway, thanks for pointing out the flaws in my post Very Happy

Carry on.

Well that is mostly right, although the events of Survivor are canon, as it was mentioned at the beginning of RE0.

But yeah, although some like Dead Aim are really cool, they haven't really been ushered into the RE canon.
Back to top Go down
Leon_Kennedy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Does anybody know what you need to do, and more importantly, NOT DO, to get an A in RE2?

I read (on gamefaqs.com for God's sake, it should have been legit, but apparently not) that in order to earn an A, you need to: finish the scenario under 3:30:00, save six or less times, not use the submachine gun, and not use any first aid sprays. Ok, I flew through it with Leon in 2:30:47 and had like nine mixed herbs left over, and got an A, and then I got through it in 3:01:00 with Claire, not using any sprays(my God that was hard, her status goes down to caution if a mouse farts on her), didn't get the submachine gun, and I got a B. Why? Is it because I used the Rocket Launcher that Ada drops in the final Mr. X battle? Is it because I used the side pack? I can't find this specific info in a google search. Help would be greatly appreciated; I just want to play Hunk's game Crying or Very sad

One thing it told me after I finished with Claire is that I unlocked the submachine gun, and "using special weapons lowers your points" or whatever. Does that mean I can simply replay the end and choose not to use the rocket launcher, although it will be almost impossible to beat him with just the two mixed herbs I have left?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resident Evil 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 101   Resident Evil 101 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 101
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next