HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.

Go down 
+41
leon13
chocotricks
Patronum1121
kbslow
Reede1991
UnitedPlayahz
Neotris
bes497
NicemanCandy
goldfish
Solidus
Citers
sickdeaths
urobobo
Voltius
K-Mart
domino29
ChickenHeart
adds
adam9275
nekronuke
Methsia
Mass Distraction
Regenerator
the.gill123
weskersbarber
Revan XI9
darkman616
RedFieldRiot
gravesinger
NEMESIS23
Michael
Ghost Leader
ChrisSherry
Spike991
Finch
Jamesy
frodomir
NiteKrawler
Zombie
GrandMasterTrea
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 pm

No. These days it is too difficult to make a good game with two separate scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Why would it be too difficult?

Honestly, I don't have a clue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:46 pm

For gamers to be happy, it would have to be like playing two full games. It's virtually too expensive to even make one full game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:52 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
For gamers to be happy, it would have to be like playing two full games. It's virtually too expensive to even make one full game.
Hmm... you're right. In that case they would have to make a two parter. Something like the current Final Fantasy XIII Fabula Nova Crystallis saga. Urgh... I'm still waiting for the Versus.
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Hmm... you're right. In that case they would have to make a two parter. Something like the current Final Fantasy XIII Fabula Nova Crystallis saga. Urgh... I'm still waiting for the Versus.

Really dude. Final fantasy?

Maybe it is just me but that game really felt like a pussy game.
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:51 am

Revan XI9 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Really dude. Final fantasy?

Maybe it is just me but that game really felt like a pussy game.
What? Final Fantasy in general (in which case you should be gutted on the street) or just FFXIII?
Back to top Go down
Citers
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Citers

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:03 pm

I always wanted a zombie game with free roam. Like If they combined resident evil with gta...Omg I would shit a horse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1097834915
Solidus
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Solidus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:55 pm

@ Krawler how do you figure it's too expensive to make one big game as opposed to two video games? Couldn't two different scenarios both have the same cost and overhead as one large scenario conceivably?

I would like to see the games be more open ended. Have the story shift depending on who dies, what scenarios are chosen, and so on. Puzzle games in the 90s were like this from what I remember playing.

I'd like to have more limited supplies this time around as well. Resident Evil 5, from what I played felt like I was going in armed to the teeth. Which I suppose makes sense given the story, however maybe putting characters in events where their munitions are depleted and evasion rather than killing is necessitated would be an interesting way to go such as in the old games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:18 am

Ah... Taking multiple paths and having multiple endings is so sparse in nowadays' games... Silent Hill is a good exception.

I still hate RE5 Pro-mode.
Back to top Go down
goldfish
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Well, very pleased to find this forum exists!

I am an adult fan of resident evil, maybe not as hardened as some of the people on here, but I have played through nearly all the games, and actually kept my old Gamecube simply on the strength of the resident evil titles I had.

For me, I didn't like Resident Evil 4 and 5 as much as the earlier titles. Obviously number 4 is a superb stand alone title, so didnt have a problem with that, but I was very disappointed with 5. If it didn't have the resident evil badge, it would just be another reasonable shooter.

I desperately hope, that if there is a 6, they find a way to go back to the horror survival with puzzles. Some of the tension that the earlier games built up were just superb, and I can't say I ever had that recreated in no 5.

My favourite bits were always when you struggled back to a safe room, and when you heard that music and you knew you were safe, for at least a while.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Did you know about this site before? If so, you should've joined earlier Very Happy There would've been an introductions page too but having that here doesn't bother me anyway.

I'm ok with the latest games since I'm all for the story. The gameplay is fine as long as they don't make it fps or a regular third person shooter.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Solidus: Currently, if you have a game with 2 separate scenarios, each scenario's length and quality will be compromised. That is general knowledge. No developer will take the time and resources necessary to make one HUGE game that has two or more full quality scenarios. It is too time consuming and takes far too much money. The shareholders already press producers to get games out way before they should be released. Why do you think there is a new Call of Duty every single year?

goldfish: I can almost guarantee you that RE6 will be much like 4 and 5. More gamers want the action oriented new gameplay and that means money and money talks.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:42 pm

I don't know I think that RE6 could be a throwback and be more like the old RE games.

Lets face it the RE4 style already started to get old and dated only 4 years later when RE5 came out so nah I don't think RE6 will be like the previous 2. Isn't that why RE5 failed to be a great success becasue the gameplay was looking old cmompared to other games. I for one as a gamer want RE6 to have zombies and be more like the old RE games.

RE1 Remake still is the best RE game ever made and I have hopes that RE6 could be the first RE game to better the RE1 Remake.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 pm

I didn't think the gameplay looked old.

Wow, I'd really like to see you going for the 6 insted of REmake Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Well that is partly why RE6 failed too live up to expectations because the gameplay looked 'dated'.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, that RE6 was a big disappointment for me too. It may as well not even exist yet...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 pm

LOL sorry I mean RE5 not RE6.
Back to top Go down
goldfish
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 am

Hi, well glad most people agree with me!

Couldn't agree more on the RE1 remake on the Gamecube. It was an absolute masterpiece, particularly given the technical limitations of the hardware. In additional, Resident Evil Zero was not far behind on the same format!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 am

Shweet, now we have someone who agrees with Jamesy Very Happy

And this @Jamesy: I didn't think it looked dated either.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:46 am

RE0 was not a masterpiece though because it was not as good as the RE1 Remake.

I hope RE6 is a masterpiece like RE1.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

PostSubject: My Opinion   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 pm

If Capcom were to listen to the overwhelming majority of fans who wish to see a return to what made Resident Evil the godfather of survival horror, I am sure that by combining the isolation of Resident Evil, the atmosphere of Resident Evil 2 and the tension of Resident Evil 3:Nemesis, we will have our much desired 'reboot' (Resident Evil 6).

I really dislike that zombies have become non-apparent and desperately await and hope for their return. I probably stand alone on this one, but I can't help but feel that the characters of the series have become overused and ruined since their introduction. Personally I would like to see a new protagonist accompanied with the introduction of fresh and new characters for Resident Evil 6, maybe even a re-imagining of the series altogether, just something to make me feel as if I'm playing a Resident Evil true to its roots and in complete resemblance to the first three games of the series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Solidus
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Solidus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:59 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Solidus: Currently, if you have a game with 2 separate scenarios, each scenario's length and quality will be compromised. That is general knowledge. No developer will take the time and resources necessary to make one HUGE game that has two or more full quality scenarios. It is too time consuming and takes far too much money. The shareholders already press producers to get games out way before they should be released. Why do you think there is a new Call of Duty every single year?

goldfish: I can almost guarantee you that RE6 will be much like 4 and 5. More gamers want the action oriented new gameplay and that means money and money talks.

Would you mind pointing out how that is general knowledge or some law? From my experience working in business two products can have the same amount of time put into them, have different attributes, and provide and return on investment. I really do not believe that general knowledge should be treated as if it were some corporeal law. Just because no developer will take time to make two or more high quality scenarios it does not mean it cannot be done. It could be done by A) Holding back on the release of a product B) Increasing employment amongst the ranks and spending more in the short term to get a product on to market. Some companies do plan in the long term such as entertainment companies. Comics for example are already put on market months after they are completed. Soap operas which bring in a lot of money are done the same way as well. That type of business model could be applied to video games. I remember playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It actually had 3 really great different scenarios in which you could complete the game and they were radically different. The final fantasies are known for their non-linearity and ability to explore the world and they're blockbusters. So I reject the notion that every game that takes place in that kind of fashion is a failure. The fact that you stated that no developer would take the time to make two or more quality scenarios is patently false. Remember scenario B in resident evil also? There's also the grand theft auto games to consider too. You can deviate like crazy from the main scenarios and have a blast.

Just because there is pressure to release a non-linear shooter every year, it does not mean that all share holders at every company have the same mentality, and that is the only way to do business. I can tell you from my experience working that different firms can often make money in the same or similar markets by conducting business in very different ways.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:08 pm

I agree on going back to the roots of RE in RE6 but I feel we that we should still use some old character in the next RE game. Barry Burton is on the top of my list to return in RE6.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Solidus wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Would you mind pointing out how that is general knowledge or some law? From my experience working in business two products can have the same amount of time put into them, have different attributes, and provide and return on investment. I really do not believe that general knowledge should be treated as if it were some corporeal law. Just because no developer will take time to make two or more high quality scenarios it does not mean it cannot be done. It could be done by A) Holding back on the release of a product B) Increasing employment amongst the ranks and spending more in the short term to get a product on to market. Some companies do plan in the long term such as entertainment companies. Comics for example are already put on market months after they are completed. Soap operas which bring in a lot of money are done the same way as well. That type of business model could be applied to video games. I remember playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It actually had 3 really great different scenarios in which you could complete the game and they were radically different. The final fantasies are known for their non-linearity and ability to explore the world and they're blockbusters. So I reject the notion that every game that takes place in that kind of fashion is a failure. The fact that you stated that no developer would take the time to make two or more quality scenarios is patently false. Remember scenario B in resident evil also? There's also the grand theft auto games to consider too. You can deviate like crazy from the main scenarios and have a blast.

Just because there is pressure to release a non-linear shooter every year, it does not mean that all share holders at every company have the same mentality, and that is the only way to do business. I can tell you from my experience working that different firms can often make money in the same or similar markets by conducting business in very different ways.

Obviously anything is possible. I'm merely stating what WILL happen. You are just throwing out an idealist attitude. In a perfect world, communism would work perfectly. But guess what? In our REAL world, it doesn't. And you cannot argue that if a company makes a game with two separate scenarios, each scenario's quality will be compromised. It's common sense. If they took the time it takes to make two scenarios and focused on one scenario, the one scenario would be better. You cannot argue that. That's all I was stating. I wish we could have a game nowadays that had two different scenarios that were done well. RE2 did a good job of it. But will they do it now and give us true quality? I really don't think so. I don't mean to state it as law. I'm merely stating what I almost know will happen. I like to be an idealist as well. But realists are often less disappointed in the long run.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:34 am

RESIDENT EVIL 6

Gameplay

The over-the-shoulder view remains intact but with a few noticeable tweaks and enhancements, namely a more fluid approach to the control of moment as well as the ability to move (walk/jog) whilst aiming a weapon.

Survival horror will once again become heavily emphasised as various puzzle elements and a level of difficulty will become apparent.

A new consequence system, based on decision making, will also become a new feature and will alter certain events throughout the game which will define the final ending.

- How about something along those lines?

Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.   Resident Evil 6:  ideas and suggestions. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6: ideas and suggestions.
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next