HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

do you honestly think RE5 is racist??

Go down 
+11
Down
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
bravotwozero007
Wesker
lyfesArcanum
Spike991
ChrisSherry
Regenerator
frodomir
residentevilkid01
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

do you think RE 5 is actualy racist?
Yes
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? Vote_lcap0%do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? Vote_lcap100%do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
residentevilkid01
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
residentevilkid01

do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? Empty
PostSubject: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok, I know this has probably been done before but. Just because its set in africa, does that realy a reason to say its racist? I honestly don't think its racist, I mean there has been mention the t-virus origins being in africa, so you can't realy blame capcom for sending chris to africa can you. What a Face
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 pm

o.O

NO BLOODY HELL NO

Why do ppl keep posting this
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 pm

there aint no way people should think this game is racist
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm

No, I don't.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Hell Yeah it is racist!!!!!!!!!!!!

No just kidding, it is stupid, the people that think that, but I have gotten over it and it doesn't even bother me anymore, although there is always some dumb person on youtube who has to make a big rant about how it isn't, almost as if they are speaking to someone, but anyway, regardless of it not being racist, there were still a few things changed for the sake of pleasing the nay-sayers(which Capcom seems to be doing alot, catering for everyone else other than the fans), they put white/caucasian and others into the mix in the African bunch, simply so that it wouldn't seem racist to them, but I find that annoying, and rascist all in its own, there would be a bunch of Africans there, not White guys with blonde hair, that is highly unrealistic(even though there are other races in Africa), they could have added in Black or Asian Ganados in RE4 to mix in with the Spanish villagers, it wouldn't seem right seeing those races there in that village, but it is the same as what is here in RE5.....
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:46 am

Nah, it's not racist. I just ignore everybody who says that it will not be a good game and who make comments about it being so.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 pm

frodomir wrote:

NO BLOODY HELL NO

Hehe afro
+1
Back to top Go down
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 3:43 pm

this isnt rascist in the slightest, dont know who on the net started this off but its on nearly every forum, just people trying to cause a bit of hate
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:04 pm

bravotwozero007 wrote:
this isnt rascist in the slightest, dont know who on the net started this off but its on nearly every forum, just people trying to cause a bit of hate

I believe we can give the credit to N'Gai Croal who posted something about it on his forum or whatever, either that or some other person who doesn't even play games.....
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Spike991 wrote:
bravotwozero007 wrote:

I believe we can give the credit to N'Gai Croal who posted something about it on his forum or whatever, either that or some other person who doesn't even play games.....
That is the way the world turns.

Last edited by lyfesArcanum on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid referance before)
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
bravotwozero007 wrote:

He who is without sin casts the first stone. Very Happy

Got it Mei Ling.Smile

I think that he certainly sinned alright, that was a crime to think of it as being racist, just stupid....
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 pm

The game is set in freaking Africa. What's the population supposed to be, Japanese?!

But, at any rate, the assortment of parasite-ridden whatever-they're-called has already been shown to be much more ethnically diverse, so I think the claims of racism are pretty much moot now.
Quote :
Actually, the line is Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and in a way it means that no one, no matter how hard he/she may try, can ever be entirely without a "sin" of some kind on their conscience.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:08 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
The game is set in freaking Africa. What's the population supposed to be, Japanese?!

But, at any rate, the assortment of parasite-ridden whatever-they're-called has already been shown to be much more ethnically diverse, so I think the claims of racism are pretty much moot now.
Quote :
Actually, the line is Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and in a way it means that no one, no matter how hard he/she may try, can ever be entirely without a "sin" of some kind on their conscience.
Yeah, I realized that it didn't make any sense, that's why I changed it in my original post, but not until after Spike had quoted. Sorry about that Spike.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Racist. Bah. I remember hearing that a long time ago. So stupid. Not to mention that Capcom is a JAPANESE developer/publisher. I think the people who think it is racist don't realize that. I mean, Japanese people don't have the historical tension with black people like white people do. It doesn't make any sense to say it's racist against black people when it is being made by Japanese people. Just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Down
Admin
Admin
Down

Playstation Network none...

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Noo is not racist at all I think it just Africa and thats how it is nothing racist about the
Back to top Go down
http://www.residentevilforums.net
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 pm

I think the bigger crime is not that it was called racist, but that Capcom felt the need to try to defend themselves, they shouldn't of had to.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:13 am

Maybe now's the time to announce the new equally-offensive Resident Evil 5: White Guilt! lol!
Quote :
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racist

Ever since the next installment of the zombie slaughtering “Resident Evil” franchise was announced to be taking place in a remote country in Africa, white people everywhere took to message boards in protest. The initial idea for Resident Evil 5 pitted the player against African villagers, a concept that didn’t sit well with pointlessly sensitive gamers who had become so used to fighting predominantly light skinned fictitious video game zombies all their lives. The game’s creators promptly responded last month by releasing a new trailer which featured a slightly more diverse batch of enemies but alas, detractors were still not satisfied. That’s why today, Capcom has released an exclusive first look at the now equal opportunistically racist Resident Evil 5: White Guilt, an all out onslaught of undead stereotypes and obvious ethnic jokes in poor taste.

Capcom has also revealed some gameplay details thanks to this stolen manual scan of the controller layout:

do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racist2

A partial achievement list has leaked as well and should equally please exactly nobody:

do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racistAC1
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racistAC2
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racistAC3
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racistAC4
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racistAC6
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? RE5racistAC5

So hopefully the entire planet has been universally represented in a negative manner. Is everyone happy now?
Link

I thought this was hilarious when I ran across it in Google.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:06 am

lol. That's hilarious. Nice post. lol!
do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? ResidentevilforumsGOTMILK
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:20 pm

I love it, very funny.Smile

lol, worship a cow.Smile

Ghost Leader you deserve one of these.Smile

do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? ResidentevilforumsGOTMILK
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:00 pm

not racist at all. cant even be bothered to talk about this subject again.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:40 pm

I just read some of this stuff on wikipedia, thought I might share it.Smile

Question of racism
Resident Evil 5's 2007 E3 trailer was questioned for its depiction of a white protagonist killing black zombies in an African village. Newsweek editor N'Gai Croal began the criticism, stating, "There was a lot of imagery in that trailer that dovetailed with classic racist imagery." He acknowledged that only the preview had been released.

The second trailer for the game, released on May 31, 2008, revealed a more racially diverse group of enemies, as well as Sheva, an African agent who assists the protagonist. However, designer Jun Takeuchi denied that complaints about racism had any effect in altering the design of Resident Evil 5. Takeuchi commented that the game's producers were surprised by the controversy. In an interview with MTV, he explained that Capcom's staff is racially diverse, and acknowledged that various cultures may have had different opinions on the trailer. In an interview with Computer and Video Games, producer Masachika Kawata also commented on the issue, stating, "We can't please everyone. We're in the entertainment business - we're not here to state our political opinion or anything like that. It's unfortunate that some people felt that way."

In Eurogamer's February 2009 preview of Resident Evil 5, Dan Whitehead expressed concerns about the controversy the game may generate, stating that "it plays so blatantly into the old clichés of the dangerous 'dark continent' and the primitive lust of its inhabitants that you'd swear the game was written in the 1920s" and "there are even more outrageous and outdated images to be found later in the game, stuff that I was honestly surprised to see in 2009." The article also states that the addition of the light-skinned Sheva "compounds the problem rather than easing it."

Glenn Bowman, Senior Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Kent, Canterbury, has stated that he does not believe Resident Evil 5 is racist. Bowman added that the game presents an anti-colonial theme.

One particular scene in the game, said to show black men dragging off a screaming white woman, was submitted for evaluation to the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC), which deemed it not to be racist. Sue Clark, Head of Communications at the BBFC, stated, "We do take racism very seriously, but in this case there is no issue around racism."

The game's control scheme was criticized for not allowing the player to shoot and move at the same time. The new inventory system was also called into question, the review stating that many will not like it, though it is "essentially game balancing". Resident Evil 5 was summarized as "an action spectacular with terrific production values" and as an "excellent co-op game."

Game Informer gave high marks for the game's "brilliant pacing" and "tight and inventive gameplay" but frowned on the continued use of the stand and fire control, citing it as a cheap and artificial way to raise difficulty rather than a technique to enhance tension. Their review of other areas - particularly the option to play with a partner online, which was appraised as "one of the best multiplayer modes in gaming" - met with greater success, with Resident Evil 5 ultimately being awarded Game of the Month and a rating of 9.5 out of 10.

do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? 1kalfs10 This is the man N'Gai Croal, the one who watched the RE5 trailer and immediately thought of racism...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The game's control scheme was criticized for not allowing the player to shoot and move at the same time.
Yeah, by Gears of War fanboys! Rolling Eyes Why can't people get it into their dull brains that Resident Evil isn't about shooting? Mad
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The game's control scheme was criticized for not allowing the player to shoot and move at the same time.
Yeah, by Gears of War fanboys! Rolling Eyes Why can't people get it into their dull brains that Resident Evil isn't about shooting? Mad

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking when I first read it, that the peope criticizing it for not being able to run & gun are people that don't even play the games...

As annoying as that all is, I just hope that Capcom doesn't consider any of that junk, because they are a gaming company after all, and even though they should be listening to US, they also listen to THEM as well....Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking when I first read it, that the peope criticizing it for not being able to run & gun are people that don't even play the games...

As annoying as that all is, I just hope that Capcom doesn't consider any of that junk, because they are a gaming company after all, and even though they should be listening to US, they also listen to THEM as well....Sad
All the more reason for my belief that the franchise began its downhill drop with RE4. Capcom needs to do themselves and the veteran RE fan base a favor and just take the Resident Evil/Biohazard name off of it.

But, honestly, I'd probably have been much more receptive to the new direction it's going if they'd have given us a traditional "Resident Evil: Fall of Umbrella" before moving forward with RE4.
Ever since RE1, they'd been building us up to taking down Umbrella in grand fashion, then...all we got was a little poof in the form of a mere mention in the opening of RE4.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

All the more reason for my belief that the franchise began its downhill drop with RE4. Capcom needs to do themselves and the veteran RE fan base a favor and just take the Resident Evil/Biohazard name off of it.

But, honestly, I'd probably have been much more receptive to the new direction it's going if they'd have given us a traditional "Resident Evil: Fall of Umbrella" before moving forward with RE4.
Ever since RE1, they'd been building us up to taking down Umbrella in grand fashion, then...all we got was a little poof in the form of a mere mention in the opening of RE4.

I don't think that Capcom changed the camera like they did because of other people complaining, at least not primarily, they have been trying out new cameras and control schemes for awhile, RE4s just happen to be a huge suceess and garnered a bunch of uneeded attention...

I sort of like how they opened in RE4 with Umbrella being finished, they really drop the bomb by telling you that Umbrella is no more, it would certainly have been better to see the fall of Umbrella a bit more than that, and even more than what we were given in Umbrella Chronicles(being as it is just a rail shooter), but all in all I think that it was okay.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you honestly think RE5 is racist??   do you honestly think RE5 is racist?? Empty

Back to top Go down

do you honestly think RE5 is racist??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next