HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old

Go down 
+13
00biohazard
Spike991
ohmybasch
Sargent D
Jacen Dex
The Knife
Mass Distraction
Bub537
RaviorStygian
NiteKrawler
ThomVD
Monster Mash
Ghost Leader
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old Empty
PostSubject: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 am

You're allowed to like or dislike Paul Anderson's movies and voice opinions at your own prerogative, but the constant bashing of the man is getting kind of old. I hate Twilight and Avatar, but I don't go all over the web bashing them at every turn. I also hate Leon Kennedy, but I don't go into every thread here on REF relating to him and bash him repeatedly, do I? I dislike the gameplay direction that the new RE games have taken, but do I repeatedly bash them in every thread made about them?

It seems like every thread about an RE movie of any kind on this site degenerates into a game of who can insult Anderson the most heinously and it can be kind of off-putting to people who actually like the live action movies and might be considering joining the community. Frankly, some of you at times act as if you're forced by law or something to sit down and watch the live action movies. If you don't like them, just don't watch them. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 am

I agree with you to a certain extent. While the movies have alot of flaws, they are fun and not all bad (I actually thought that Extinction was quite well done). Also, I think that there are alot of unnecessary attacks on Anderson as a person which seem incredibly unfounded since I highly doubt anyone here knows him personally.

That being, said I find it especially galling that Anderson would say that he's a big videogame fan, and then make the movies the way that he did. The characters were all mixed up, the dialogue for the first one was especially bad, some of the monsters were half-assed, and a number of the scenarios are ripped from other horror films that have no link to RE. This is not what a "fan" would do.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 am

You got a point. I'll try to stop bashing them unless Retribution will suck ass.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am

I've long since stopped going on tirades about how bad a person Anderson is and how bad of a director he has become. And I won't go into any of those details here, such as how he took the phrase "creative liberty" and completely ran away with it until he had taken someone's idea and transformed it into something unrecognizably horrendous just to make some easy money by sexing it up and throwing in an insane amount of explosions, or how he took a game franchise and left all of the game characters out of the first movie and made the main character into a ridiculous image of power, sex, and now, hate. And then married her. I won't say anything about how the storylines for these abominations make NO SENSE whatsoever. I mean...all in all, it is very clear how in Afterlife Wesker turns Alice into a mortal and then has the jet crash into a mountain, only for Alice to walk away unscathed AFTER BEING TURNED INTO A MORTAL!!!!!! while it apparently became a life or death situation for Wesker among the rubble, who was actually the one with super powers. It makes complete sense. And there is no reason for any of us to go into detail about how Anderson claims to be a fan of these games he has brutally butchered on the big screen. Or about how he said that no other director is good at making video game based movies other than himself. And bringing Jill back at the end of Afterlife just to replace her without showing her again is definitely not to be questioned. No...I'm far beyond all of that frivolity. And I completely agree with GL.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:47 pm

I don't agree with bashing him personally. Just because of the things that Nite pointed out doesn't automatically make him a rotten person. We don't know. He could be a really nice guy with strong morals who has great empathy for other people. We don't know.

But we do know that the RE movies are terrible RE movies.

They are fun to watch though. I admit I enjoyed myself quite a bit watching them. To be honest, I'm glad I saw them. Just forget that they are called Resident Evil (which may be hard with the second one because I'm pretty sure Nemesis is just about picture perfect in that movie) and they automatically become good fun.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I don't agree with bashing him personally. Just because of the things that Nite pointed out doesn't automatically make him a rotten person. We don't know. He could be a really nice guy with strong morals who has great empathy for other people. We don't know.

Yes, we do. He borderline stole someone else's work and tweaked it badly to make money. He also has the ego and narcissistic personality disorder of Wesker, as seen in his comments that only he succeeds in making good video game movies.

RaviorStygian wrote:
But we do know that the RE movies are terrible RE movies.

They are fun to watch though. I admit I enjoyed myself quite a bit watching them. To be honest, I'm glad I saw them. Just forget that they are called Resident Evil (which may be hard with the second one because I'm pretty sure Nemesis is just about picture perfect in that movie) and they automatically become good fun.

I can pretend they are not RE movies and that only makes them bad movies, instead of bad RE movies.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
That being, said I find it especially galling that Anderson would say that he's a big videogame fan, and then make the movies the way that he did.
That's a bit unfair of an accusation, don't you think? There isn't any one collective "video game fan" opinion of what's good or bad that he can abide by, it's down to the individual to decide for himself whether what he sees is good or bad.

I'm a huge GTA fan and am currently writing a fan fiction based on Vice City. Does the fact that some people won't like that story make me any less a GTA fan? Absolutely not.
I'm a big fan of Conan the Barbarian, but many other Conan fans I know disagree with my interpretation of the fictional Hyborian Age that the character lives in. Does that change the fact that I love the character and the stories centered around him? Hell no.
I also previously mentioned on this site a "Grand Theft Auto: Raccoon City" fan fiction idea I played around with that had various RE characters in different roles (e.g., William Birkin as a crime boss instead of a scientist) with a GTA style plot. Undoubtedly there are people that wouldn't like that, but it doesn't change the fact that I absolutely love the RE franchise.

An individual not agreeing with your vision doesn't change one's level of affection toward a particular subject matter. Not liking the Anderson movies has no bearing whatsoever on his level of video game fandom.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 pm

I've never bashed him personally. I just don't like how he portrays the RE universe in movies.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I've never bashed him personally. I just don't like how he portrays the RE universe in movies.
But the movies and the games are two different universes and the movies are non-canon to the games. What's the problem?
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
But the movies and the games are two different universes and the movies are non-canon to the games. What's the problem?

Just how he meshes random characters together in this giant clusterfuck where it makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:06 pm

You can take away the name Resident Evil and no one would ever accuse him of ripping the games off. That's a problem.

My biggest complaint is the fact that now, we won't see a true movie adaptation of the RE main game series for at least quite some time. And that pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:38 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
You can take away the name Resident Evil and no one would ever accuse him of ripping the games off. That's a problem.

My biggest complaint is the fact that now, we won't see a true movie adaptation of the RE main game series for at least quite some time. And that pisses me off.
Hopefully it will have the same fate as Spidey. It's possible we could have a reboot in 2020.

I have to say, though, I'm sure Hollywood would mess that up too. It would follow the plot, sure, but I have a feeling it would be done poorly.

The only way it could be good would be if the writer or director grew up playing the RE games (a lot) and loved the franchise and was very purist when it came to putting the game (any of them) on screen, even to the point of taking the risk of making it a CG movie using heavily updated game models.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:03 pm

It must follow the storyline. It must be CG. It must NOT deviate from the games!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:08 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It must follow the storyline. It must be CG. It must NOT deviate from the games!
CG vg movies are always good, from what I hear.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:23 am

I can't question his videogame fandom as he seems persistent on making videogame based movies. Much like Uwe Boll.

It just hurts me that most of the movies are... just bad movies. I would never watch something like Dead or Alive again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 am

FF advent children was pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:32 am

I'm still waiting for the new Tekken movie to get on some disc based format.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:49 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
That being, said I find it especially galling that Anderson would say that he's a big videogame fan, and then make the movies the way that he did.
That's a bit unfair of an accusation, don't you think? There isn't any one collective "video game fan" opinion of what's good or bad that he can abide by, it's down to the individual to decide for himself whether what he sees is good or bad.

I'm a huge GTA fan and am currently writing a fan fiction based on Vice City. Does the fact that some people won't like that story make me any less a GTA fan? Absolutely not.
I'm a big fan of Conan the Barbarian, but many other Conan fans I know disagree with my interpretation of the fictional Hyborian Age that the character lives in. Does that change the fact that I love the character and the stories centered around him? Hell no.
I also previously mentioned on this site a "Grand Theft Auto: Raccoon City" fan fiction idea I played around with that had various RE characters in different roles (e.g., William Birkin as a crime boss instead of a scientist) with a GTA style plot. Undoubtedly there are people that wouldn't like that, but it doesn't change the fact that I absolutely love the RE franchise.

An individual not agreeing with your vision doesn't change one's level of affection toward a particular subject matter. Not liking the Anderson movies has no bearing whatsoever on his level of video game fandom.

Ignoring the actual storylines, the movies could just have been better. Some of the dialogue on the first film almost made me feel like I was watching a b-class sci-fi film instead of a major motion picture. Apocalypse was a bit better, but it just felt too rushed. Extinction was much better, but large portions of the film were just ideas ripped from other movies. Afterlife was plain boring, and the addition of RE5 monsters was done in a very lazy manner.

It's one thing to tweak a series to fit your vision, but Anderson bent over backwards to put some pseudo-Matrix crap in just to please modern audiences' desire to see slow-motion combat scenes and people running up walls. Alice's Jedi powers made everything even more ludicrous. As to Milla herself, I really don't think that she's that bad of an actress, but her script was bad, and half the time in all of the movies, it seems like she's alternating between sleep-walking and kicking ass with very little in-between; her character has relied far too much on the whole "Who am I?" schtick.

My biggest complaint is that it almost seems like Anderson has lost control of the whole storyline. The whole zombie apocalypse was an incredibly cheap and cliched plotline, but it's been exasperated by his continued use of Umbrella as a once-dimensional villain. Each movie, it's just a new Umbrella operative/scientist who is the main bad guy, and they never seem to learn from each other. The plot has become flat with few twists and Alice simply accumulating various classic RE characters as allies at random points. Anderson also doesn't know how to balance out the monsters; with all of the different creatures to pick from, lickers did not have to be in two movies, zombie dogs do not have to be in every movie, and the plaga need to be more than just zombies with flower mouths. All in all, it just feels like Anderson is throwing characters, creatures and plotlines at us in rapid fashion without delving that deep into any of them.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:45 am

ThomVD wrote:

I hated that film. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:52 am

The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I hated that film. Mad
Why on earth? It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 am

The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I hated that film. Mad

Are you a FF fan?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:28 am

I'm not an FF fan and I still thought Advent Children was great.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 am

I know a lot of people disagree with me on this but I also enjoyed Spirits Within. It's not traditional FF, I know, but oh boy was it fun.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 am

ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I hated that film. Mad

Are you a FF fan?

To some extent, yes.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:44 am

Then why is it that you didn't like the movie? And what is your favorite FF? Mine is X, but I love all games from 6 to 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old   Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old Empty

Back to top Go down

Honestly, the Anderson bashing really gets old
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next