HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

resident evil 5 demo x box 360

Go down 
+7
lyfesArcanum
Wesker
Indiana Jones
Spike991
charlieRE2
Ghost Leader
Umbrella Spy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I don't understand what existed in the 'previous one' that is absent in RE4?

It's a "horror atmosphere" that's kind of difficult to explain. It's a feeling that the previous games always give me, that RE4 and 5 simply don't.
Quote :
I sure didn't ask for co-op, and I sort of dislike the idea of having to play the whole game like that, but we have had co-op situations before, RE0 & Outbreak, not to mention teaming up with someone for a small portion, in all of them actually.Smile
Not me, either. RE is a game to be played alone to get the most out of the horror aspect, IMHO. But the "gaming community" supposedly wanted it, and now that it's in, from all I hear, it sucks.

But I will cede RE5 one aspect in common with all pre-4 REs: The low ammo count. RE4, on the other hand, had more ammo than a company of Marines.
Back to top Go down
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:28 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
bravotwozero007 wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
Where do you download Resident Evil 5 demo for PS3? Smile

from the ps network or on the xbox it xbox live

Thank you for replying Smile
I tried looking on the PS network, but I can't find it.

did you try the playstation store??
Back to top Go down
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:30 pm

Indiana Jones wrote:
Its just not as scary as the previous ones, lets face it, things are only scary when alone, but when you bring another person, eventhough Sheeva (or your friend) might not be able to that much, its still less scary because theres more then one person. coop should have never been added. Now take a mini game like the RE4 Mercenaries one and tack on coop, that would be a blast, but for storymode, I would rather play it alone. I dunno who asked for Coop, but it sure as hell wasnt me

i agree with that, being with two people takes away the fear factor of being alone and low on ammo, i do like how you have to change guns and use items without pausing, adds a bit of tension
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:34 pm

bravotwozero007 wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
bravotwozero007 wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
Where do you download Resident Evil 5 demo for PS3? Smile

from the ps network or on the xbox it xbox live

Thank you for replying Smile
I tried looking on the PS network, but I can't find it.

did you try the playstation store??

Yeah, But, I don't see it Sad
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
I don't understand what existed in the 'previous one' that is absent in RE4?

It's a "horror atmosphere" that's kind of difficult to explain. It's a feeling that the previous games always give me, that RE4 and 5 simply don't.
Quote :
I sure didn't ask for co-op, and I sort of dislike the idea of having to play the whole game like that, but we have had co-op situations before, RE0 & Outbreak, not to mention teaming up with someone for a small portion, in all of them actually.Smile
Not me, either. RE is a game to be played alone to get the most out of the horror aspect, IMHO. But the "gaming community" supposedly wanted it, and now that it's in, from all I hear, it sucks.

But I will cede RE5 one aspect in common with all pre-4 REs: The low ammo count. RE4, on the other hand, had more ammo than a company of Marines.

I thought that RE4 had a good 'horror atmosphere' right in the beginning, I agree that it is hard to explain, but I found the rural village and especially the beginning in the woods to be nice 'scary' areas, and it would have been nice to spend more time on them.Smile

That is all exageration with the ammo, and the same with RE3.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Spike991 wrote:
That is all exageration with the ammo, and the same with RE3.Smile
No, I never once ran out of ammo in RE4. But I can't count how many times I did so in 1-0.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
No, I never once ran out of ammo in RE4. But I can't count how many times I did so in 1-0.

I think that it is, I ran out of ammo, or at least I ran really low at points, and in RE3 with all of the ammo it was the same as in RE4.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 am

In general, I've just found RE5 to be much more difficult than 4. The main reasons for this, I think, are the controls and the limited ammount of ammo with which to kill the "new" Dr. Salvador.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 6:46 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
In general, I've just found RE5 to be much more difficult than 4. The main reasons for this, I think, are the controls and the limited ammount of ammo with which to kill the "new" Dr. Salvador.

Is the 'new Salvador' supposed to the guy with the potatoe sack and the chainsaw, or Asteroth from Soul Calibur?Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:33 am

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Is the 'new Salvador' supposed to the guy with the potatoe sack and the chainsaw, or Asteroth from Soul Calibur?Smile
It's the one-eyed potato head man. He's pretty difficult. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

It's the one-eyed potato head man. He's pretty difficult. Very Happy

He is really skinny too, it seems like it might be frightening seeing some skinny dude running at you with a chainsaw..Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 pm

I got the demo today for Playstation 3 today! I love it! Smile

I finally hooked up my Playstation 3 to the internet lol
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:

Yeah, your so lucky. I've been able to play the demo at my friends house, but I can't get it myself. Sad Do you think that it is difficult?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:48 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:

Yeah, your so lucky. I've been able to play the demo at my friends house, but I can't get it myself. Sad Do you think that it is difficult?

Why can't you? Sad
Not really. But the way they have the controls set up makes it hard, I have to change it to Type A (So, it's like it is in RE4) Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:59 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:

Why can't you? Sad
Not really. But the way they have the controls set up makes it hard, I have to change it to Type A (So, it's like it is in RE4) Smile
With control type A do you both move and aim with the left? Because that's what makes it a challenge for me, having to aim with the right thumbstick. I'm used to my Gamepad for RE4.
I haven't got it yet because I don't have an xbox or PS3. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:53 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:

With control type A do you both move and aim with the left? Because that's what makes it a challenge for me, having to aim with the right thumbstick. I'm used to my Gamepad for RE4.
No, you still have to use both sticks.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:57 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Well, that is better in some ways, because those are the controls for most FPSs which I play quite frequently. With practice it shouldn't be too hard. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

You have to use both sticks? Like most FPSs, or weren't we able to change it to like the actual RE controls, left thumbstick to move and aim?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

You have to use both sticks? Like most FPSs, or weren't we able to change it to like the actual RE controls, left thumbstick to move and aim?
Even the RE4 lay-out wasn't any better. You still have to move forward with one stick and turn with the other. And aiming and shooting just seems much clunkier than in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Even the RE4 lay-out wasn't any better. You still have to move forward with one stick and turn with the other. And aiming and shooting just seems much clunkier than in RE4.

Man, that really lessens my exitement for RE5, it almost seems as if they are making the controls for an FPS or something, certainly not what RE is, even the FPS RE games(Survivor, Survivor 2, Dead Aim) had a classic RE control scheme....
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Man, that really lessens my exitement for RE5, it almost seems as if they are making the controls for an FPS or something, certainly not what RE is, even the FPS RE games(Survivor, Survivor 2, Dead Aim) had a classic RE control scheme....
It's reasons like that that I don't consider RE4 & 5 to be true RE. Sure, they've got RE characters in them, but that's not enough.
Marvel vs Capcom II had Jill Valentine in it, but that doesn't make it an RE game. One of the Smash Bros. games had Solid Snake in it, but that doesn't make it MGS. EndWar had Scott Mitchell in it, but that doesn't make it Ghost Recon.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
It's reasons like that that I don't consider RE4 & 5 to be true RE. Sure, they've got RE characters in them, but that's not enough.
Marvel vs Capcom II had Jill Valentine in it, but that doesn't make it an RE game. One of the Smash Bros. games had Solid Snake in it, but that doesn't make it MGS. EndWar had Scott Mitchell in it, but that doesn't make it Ghost Recon.

I think that RE4's controls were pretty true, they changed the camera, but that was fine, the controls were the same, the same buttons still did the same thing, it had the characters, and that alone doesn't make it RE, but they had a great continuation of the story and I think that it makes it true RE.

The thing that I dislike is how it is becoming an action game through the controls, all of the free dodging or whatever it has, I want to have to stand in one place while shooting, and the new aiming where you control it is great I think, but I really feel that they should have left it at that, maybe add the Kevin-kick from Outbreak, or even that idea that you had where you move around like original camera, and then when you aim it goes into newer camera for aiming, that would be cool I think.Smile
Back to top Go down
BioHazardMerc1
Zombie
Zombie
BioHazardMerc1

Playstation Network Charlz0r

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:40 pm

I tried it at my friend's house and it rocks!!!!
(sorry for being away for a long time, my link doesnt work :S)
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 3:39 am

stewiegriffin_1108 wrote:
I tried it at my friend's house and it rocks!!!!
(sorry for being away for a long time, my link doesnt work :S)
Same here, my friend has got an xbox, and I convinced him to get the demo. He's a little loopy though, because he doesn't love it. Just kiddin'. Everybody has their tastes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: resident evil 5 demo x box 360   resident evil 5 demo x box 360 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

resident evil 5 demo x box 360
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2