HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...

Go down 
+37
Outbreakgirl
00biohazard
Mcghie
Jill Sandwich
CaptH0wdy
DeadlyGenetics
Dren
rawrgodd
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
Methsia
RebelliousQueen
chrisredfielmusculo
Chelichan
HUNK420
Vandal
weskersbarber
Residentevil521
r-zone
Monster Mash
Cyberote
Mass Distraction
The Knife
Sargent D
NiteKrawler
S.Winters
Hellraiser
BioHazardMerc1
PublicEnemy
Regenerator
Jadice
charlieRE2
Kytte
Ghost Leader
ChrisSherry
duralumin
Spike991
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Steve Burnside, what do you think about him?
Cool character
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_lcap45%Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 25 ]
I hate him, and am glad that he is dead!
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 12 ]
I love him, he & Claire were a nice couple<3
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 11 ]
I don't care anyway:l
Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 55

AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 am

ThomVD wrote:
Yeah I liked his voice in DSC too but in CV he had some terrible lines.

Yes. You are right he sounded like a retard in CVX.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I like how he sprayed bullet at his father while Claire was right under him. A miracle she wasn't hit.

Cause he was protecting Claire.
I know what he was doing, but stick that in a real life situation he would have killed Claire. Kick the zombie off first, or grab his shoulders and help him off of Claire, then shoot him. That's how you protect someone who's being grappled by a zombie. You don't shoot wildly at the zombie if he's pinned your friend to the ground. I know what you're trying to do: you're trying to protect a character that you like which is understandable, but no matter what you say will change my mind. That's my most hated cut scenes in the game. The developers of the game were not thinking when they were making that cutscenes, which translates to Steve. He's an idiot for doing that and I say again, it's a miracle that Claire survived, because she wouldn't have died by Steve's zombie father who didn't have an operating brain, she would have died by Steve who didn't have an operating brain. 
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:56 am

-sighs- Maybe Capcom didn't noticed that. But you are right. Its not realistic. I mean if thats happened in real life. Claire would be dead by now.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 am

-sighs- Maybe Capcom didn't noticed that. But you are right. Its not realistic. I mean if thats happened in real life. Claire would be dead by now.
Well not to say that Resident Evil is a realistic series to begin with, but when I think of zombies and survival, I always think of ways to well... Survive. I use to make zombie screenplays and we would put characters in different settings: a school, a building, etc. Seeing Steve pump bullets in Claire's general direction: someone who, up to that point has been saving him constantly, was just a mindwarp. I would do anything to keep this chick alive cause she knows what she's doing.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:15 am

I see your point. That cutscene wasn't that good.
Back to top Go down
rawrgodd
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
rawrgodd

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I really liked Steve and wish Capcom didn't kill him off. His character had a lot of emotion and like when his dad died and stuff. Him and Claire were great together.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:48 am

I thought it was ridiculous how at that one part where you are in the Antartic, and you get outside, like where you fight Nosferatu, how snowy and absolutely deathly freezing it has to be, but Steve & Claire are both out there with short sleeves...

Almost as bad as Chris rolling up his sleeves in the arctic in RER...seriously, what the eff?
Back to top Go down
rawrgodd
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
rawrgodd

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 am

Spike991 wrote:
I thought it was ridiculous how at that one part where you are in the Antartic, and you get outside, like where you fight Nosferatu, how snowy and absolutely deathly freezing it has to be, but Steve & Claire are both out there with short sleeves...

Almost as bad as Chris rolling up his sleeves in the arctic in RER...seriously, what the eff?
ya that didnt make much sense to me either
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm

They're just that hotblooded.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

You and those Ponies.

"But that's not fair!!!" I remember that one.
Back to top Go down
Dren
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Dren

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I love Steve. He is an interesting, complex character who undergoes excellent development over the course of Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X. Sure, he initially comes across as a jerk, but as Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X progresses, it is revealed that his arrogant, cocky, and overly flirtatious persona is a shield to protect himself from the great inner pain he feels from the traumatic events he has experienced. His complete distrust of others also stems from his father's incompetence, which led to both of them being imprisoned on an island managed by a megalomaniacal sadist and his mother being killed. As he comes to terms with himself and his past, as well as learns that he can trust in others through his relationship with Claire, he breaks down his psychological barriers and reveals himself to be a kind, loyal, selfless, and sensitive young man. Needless to say, I am hoping he returns in a future RE title. His character offers juicy story potential. Thankfully, my wish might come to fruition in RE6, since the mercenary and the blonde girl might very well be him and Sherry. If he does come back, I am hoping he eventually receives a good ending. After all the agony he has been through, he deserves one.

As for his DSC counterpart, he was alright. Much like his original character in Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X, he definitely had an intriguing personality and great depth. A lot of his lines were also humorous. However, his character essentially remained the same in DSC. Given how much character development he went through in Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X, this irritated me, especially considering how integral his growth was to his overall character. Additionally, his "death" scene was poorly done. It was very rushed and lacked the same level of emotional impact that it had in Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X. As for his romance with Claire, their interactions were enjoyable and they shared nice chemistry, but they did not really share any deep tender moments that allowed them to form a strong emotional bond. There was definitely an attraction between them in DSC, but they seemed more like flirtatious friends, not two people who really developed a romantic love for one another. Needless to say, Steve's love declaration (where he did not even finish what he was saying) felt quite forced and unnatural in contrast to his love declaration in Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X, where his love for Claire was shown clearly before he made it.

I often see people bashing Steve solely for his voice in Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X. Personally, I really liked it. I found it cute and thought it fit his age very well. Bill Houston (Steve's Code: Veronica/Code: Veronica X voice actor) also did a superb job in conveying his emotions.

Sam Riegel (Steve's DSC voice actor) was fine, though. However, I was a bit disappointed by the fact that he used the exact same voice for Steve that he has used for other characters in the past (namely Silabius from the .hack//G.U. trilogy, Reid Hershel from Tales of the Abyss/Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology,
Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia, and Allegretto from Eternal Sonata).

Mercy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I like how he sprayed bullet at his father while Claire was right under him. A miracle she wasn't hit.

Cause he was protecting Claire.
I know what he was doing, but stick that in a real life situation he would have killed Claire. Kick the zombie off first, or grab his shoulders and help him off of Claire, then shoot him. That's how you protect someone who's being grappled by a zombie. You don't shoot wildly at the zombie if he's pinned your friend to the ground. I know what you're trying to do: you're trying to protect a character that you like which is understandable, but no matter what you say will change my mind. That's my most hated cut scenes in the game. The developers of the game were not thinking when they were making that cutscenes, which translates to Steve. He's an idiot for doing that and I say again, it's a miracle that Claire survived, because she wouldn't have died by Steve's zombie father who didn't have an operating brain, she would have died by Steve who didn't have an operating brain.
Steve was struck by great emotional distress and turmoil from the thought of having to shoot his now zombified father. Do you really expect him to be rational in that type of situation? Most people (unless they hate their parents or do not care about them) would react in the exact same manner that he did. Even though his father had become a zombie, he was still his father, whom he still loved despite all of the suffering he had caused for him.

Spike991 wrote:

I agree. Even as a kid, I ALWAYS wondered how Claire and Steve were able to walk around in their apparel without being affected at all by the freezing cold Antarctic weather.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm one of the ones who actually liked the guy and was rather sad that he 'died'. I've been hoping since Wesker had taken Steve that he would make another appearance in a later game, even one of the spin-offs. You know? Almost like he didn't really die and Wesker revived him or something. But noooooo. I wouldn't mind seeing Steve come back to see Claire one more time and being able to have him as a playable character. I didn't find him annoying or anything like that at all.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Why can't he just live? Stupid Capcom...

I've been playing a lot of CVX recently and they did a good job at giving the game some feeling, only to let us down later...

I'll finish this game soon, I guess... And then cry about it later.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 pm

S.Winters wrote:

I've been playing a lot of CVX recently and they did a good job at giving the game some feeling, only to let us down later...

Uhhh....you're such a little girl.

Crybaby.

I liked Steve, he's good people. Wink
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:02 am

Spike991 wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Uhhh....you're such a little girl.

Crybaby.

I liked Steve, he's good people. Wink

You won't see me cry so it'll be ok.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:38 am

I like Steve. Damn Capcom bring back Steve! Sad
Back to top Go down
CaptH0wdy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
CaptH0wdy

Playstation Network xCaptH0wdyx

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 4:28 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve come back. I never found him that annoying, but you gotta remember he was teenager. Maybe now he would be more.... mature? maybe?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:42 am

CaptH0wdy wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Steve come back. I never found him that annoying, but you gotta remember he was teenager. Maybe now he would be more.... mature? maybe?

Welcome new guy Very Happy , you can introduce yourself here
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 am

Besides that damn annoying way he pronounced ''sorry'', Steve was pretty cool. I wanted him to live and escape with Claire and Chris Crying or Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 am

As much as his whiny baby voice made me want to stick pins in my eyes.
I did like his character.
I think if he every gets featured in future instalment his character will be more bad ass and less whiny.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 am

Mcghie wrote:
I think if he every gets featured in future instalment his character will be more bad ass and less whiny.

I agree with you, his voice are not that good. But who knows on future RE Series, He might the one who kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Mcghie wrote:

I agree with you, his voice are not that good. But who knows on future RE Series, He might the one who kicks ass.

Well sherry in RE6 looks like she has matured and is kicking ass now, so I guess Steve would go down the same road Smile
One can only hope that he comes back, Capcom set CV up to have the potential of him still being alive or him being dead.
The balls in there court now.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Hate him. He never shouldve happened to RE.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 pm

00biohazard wrote:

Come on man thats a bit harsh, give the little girl a chance Razz
what dont you like about him ?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Mcghie wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

Come on man thats a bit harsh, give the little girl a chance Razz
what dont you like about him ?

He has an asshole attitude, but not in a good way, he has a whiny girl voice, and he looks like a lesbian. That shit aint cool when it comes to RE. I just dont like him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...   Steve Burnside...love him, hate him... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Burnside...love him, hate him...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next