HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?

Go down 
+5
Ghost Leader
PWNERX
EQOAnostalgia
Mass Distraction
DampRevil
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? Empty
PostSubject: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 am

Sony recently made a mural for the PlayStation, which featured Claire Redfield on it. However, after looking at the mural closer, it appears that Steve Burnside is actually on the right of Claire.

Since the pictures are kinda big, I put them into a spolier box. The first picture is the original mural, while the second was manipulated to add Claire and Steve's renders from Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles.
Spoiler:

While the man in the mural is wearing different clothing than Steve, the resemblance is definitely there. Claire, on the other hand, looks exactly the same.

So what do you guys think? It could mean nothing, but with PlayStation's 4 tagline being "Greatness Awaits", you have to wonder. Maybe the rumor about Resident Evil: Enhanced Veronica isn't fake afterall?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 am

I thought it was Leon.

A bigger HD version of the picture would be nice, for better detail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:30 am

I can't tell who is behind her. But seeing claire gives me some hope for the future... very little, but still, some hope.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I thought it was Leon.

The man's hair is red, so it's definitely not Leon. I got a better image, but it's not HD quality.

Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? 9EZdobc

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I can't tell who is behind her. But seeing claire gives me some hope for the future... very little, but still, some hope.

I wouldn't get my hopes up either. It's just weird that they would use Claire, no offense to her character, if they're trying to promote Resident Evil. You'd think they'd use either Chris, Jill, or Leon. It's also funny that she's on a poster to promote the PlayStation 4. I assume that means something.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I thought it was Leon.

The man's hair is red, so it's definitely not Leon. I got a better image, but it's not HD quality.

Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? 9EZdobc

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

I wouldn't get my hopes up either. It's just weird that they would use Claire, no offense to her character, if they're trying to promote Resident Evil. You'd think they'd use either Chris, Jill, or Leon. It's also funny that she's on a poster to promote the PlayStation 4. I assume that means something.

That man...a certain someone from Silent Hill?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Does someone in Silent Hill have red hair? It might be Henry or Murphy, but both of them have dark brown hair. The pose of the man is also very similar to Steve's portrait from The Darkside Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:56 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Does someone in Silent Hill have red hair? It might be Henry or Murphy, but both of them have dark brown hair. The pose of the man is also very similar to Steve's portrait from The Darkside Chronicles.

I am pretty sure it was Harry Mason...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:08 am

The colours on the picture might be off so it might be just a shade of brown instead of red, though it does look red.

Let's all remember that a picture of Crash Bandicoot was seen in the Greatness Awaits promotion video, even though Activision has gone as far as deleting their Crash website and stating they have no plans of selling the franchise either.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:21 am

The tagline is for the console, they just picked a bunch of characters out of the PS library for the ad and patterned it after the painting of George Washington leading his army across the Delaware River. I could be more enthused if Claire was on the lead boat with Nathan Drake, Lara Croft, Big Boss, and that guy from Watch Dogs, but since she's stuffed in the obscure background, I'd say she's just being used as filler.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:05 pm

PWNERX wrote:
I am pretty sure it was Harry Mason...
It could be, but Harry has slicked back hair. The man's hair in the picture is shaggy.

Ghost Leader wrote:
The tagline is for the console, they just picked a bunch of characters out of the PS library for the ad and patterned it after the painting of George Washington leading his army across the Delaware River. I could be more enthused if Claire was on the lead boat with Nathan Drake, Lara Croft, Big Boss, and that guy from Watch Dogs, but since she's stuffed in the obscure background, I'd say she's just being used as filler.
While that's likely, I find it hard to believe that Claire would be chosen as a filler character. There's hundreds of Sony characters that are more well known than Claire. Sony probably would have used Jill or Leon if they were looking for a filler character from the Resident Evil series. Also, on Sony's website, they mentioned that that mural was created specifically for the PlayStation 4. I'm going to assume they chose the characters that are on it for a reason.

Here's the mural from Sony's website. You can see the PlayStation 4 logo on the bottom.
Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? Ps410
It's no secret that Resident Evil 7 is in development, so maybe Claire's appearance on the mural could be a hint at her making an appearance in Resident Evil 7. She might be in her Resident Evil 2 outfit because Capcom hasn't officially announced Resident Evil 7 yet?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:15 pm

DampRevil wrote:
While that's likely, I find it hard to believe that Claire would be chosen as a filler character. There's hundreds of Sony characters that are more well known than Claire. Sony probably would have used Jill or Leon if they were looking for a filler character from the Resident Evil series. Also, on Sony's website, they mentioned that that mural was created specifically for the PlayStation 4. I'm going to assume they chose the characters that are on it for a reason.
By "filler", I mean "taking up space". And I know the ad is for PS4.

Quote :
It's no secret that Resident Evil 7 is in development
When was this announced?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if Capcom is going to survive for long enough for Resident Evil 7.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

By "filler", I mean "taking up space". And I know the ad is for PS4.
Even if they just wanted to "take up space", they probably still wouldn't have used Claire. Again, there's hundreds of other Sony characters who are more popular than Claire. Putting Claire on that mural seems a little specific.

Quote :
When was this announced?
In regards to Resident Evil 7, it was listed on a costume designers Linked In profile, and I believe it. The last time Resident Evil showed up on Linked In was when two voice actors from Resident Evil 6 confirmed their involvement in the game. Both of those actors are under the credits for Resident Evil 6. To add to that, I don't think a professional costume designer would lie about her involvement in a project she hasn't worked on. It's not on her profile anymore, but it stayed there for a few weeks after the news broke out.

Vandal wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure if Capcom is going to survive for long enough for Resident Evil 7.
That's true. I didn't think they were in that much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:36 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Even if they just wanted to "take up space", they probably still wouldn't have used Claire. Again, there's hundreds of other Sony characters who are more popular than Claire. Putting Claire on that mural seems a little specific.
You don't seem to be understanding what I mean. It isn't a matter of popularity. To quote Wikipedia, "filler is material that is combined with material of greater relevance or quality to 'fill out' a certain volume." I.e., Claire is simply there to take up space in the background and has no other relevance. The fact that she can barely be made out supports this.

Quote :
In regards to Resident Evil 7, it was listed on a costume designers Linked In profile, and I believe it. The last time Resident Evil showed up on Linked In was when two voice actors from Resident Evil 6 confirmed their involvement in the game. Both of those actors are under the credits for Resident Evil 6. To add to that, I don't think a professional costume designer would lie about her involvement in a project she hasn't worked on. It's not on her profile anymore, but it stayed there for a few weeks after the news broke out.
Circumstantial at best, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:31 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
If they are going to make a new RE in two to three years after the previous one, it wouldn't be a surprise if it was already in development. If they really planned on the 2015 release, they at least should already be developing at least some addition to the franchise.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/resident-evil-7-could-hit-by-2015/
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
If they are going to make a new RE in two to three years after the previous one, it wouldn't be a surprise if it was already in development. If they really planned on the 2015 release, they at least should already be developing at least some addition to the franchise.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/resident-evil-7-could-hit-by-2015/
That isn't proof of anything other than an intention by Capcom to reduce development time of major titles.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
You don't seem to be understanding what I mean. It isn't a matter of popularity. To quote Wikipedia, "filler is material that is combined with material of greater relevance or quality to 'fill out' a certain volume." I.e., Claire is simply there to take up space in the background and has no other relevance. The fact that she can barely be made out supports this.
I understand what a filler character is. I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. I'm saying that Sony wouldn't have chosen Claire as the filler. It probably would have been Leon or Jill. It is what it is. In my opinion, I think her inclusion means something else.

Quote :
Then it's very overwhelming circumstantial evidence.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:21 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I understand what a filler character is. I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. I'm saying that Sony wouldn't have chosen Claire as the filler. It probably would have been Leon or Jill. It is what it is. In my opinion, I think her inclusion means something else.
Filler, by definition, isn't relevant. Using something as filler therefor means it's irrelevant. The lead boat, with Nathan Drake and company, is where the relevant characters are. If she were in the lead boat, I'd agree with you, but she's not and so I don't. And why would they use Jill or Leon in such a role? Both have been much more prominent in recent years. Claire's appearances have been minimal, almost forgettable.

Furthermore, why is it a render of her taken from a previous game when even "Steve" seems to have been posed uniquely akin to Drake and Lara Croft?

Quote :
There were several similar GTA V hints that turned out to be false alarms. Did this costume designer work on any previous RE games?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

That isn't proof of anything other than an intention by Capcom to reduce development time of major titles.

But if they were planning on cutting the production time on their major IP's, wouldn't that also mean Resident Evil? Meaning that, by this plan, one should be out in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 am

To assume that a mural at e3 predicts future games is admittedly foolish. It's nothing but an advertisement. That's like saying you saw an advertisement with Gordon Freeman in it and going on the internet to confirm Half-Life 3.

It's just paying homage to Playstation's games. People get to vote who gets to be on the mural. They're not hinting at upcoming games. Why is this even a topic?

http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/gamer-masterpiece.html

Sony wrote:
Next week, we will unveil a gaming inspired mural at E3, which fans can check out in front of the Los Angeles Convention Center. As the masterpiece is being painted, we will give fans a chance to vote for iconic PlayStation characters to be painted into the E3 mural on GreatnessAwaits.com.

I'd also like to point out that Lara Croft is in her classic uniform, not the reboot. Despite the new Guardian of Light sequel coming out, I don't think it's that big of a deal for them to advertise her in that uniform. She was simply advertised in the classic uniform because she started off on the Playstation platform and again, was paying homage to Playstation.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 am

Hmmm it does kind of look like Murphy from Downpour... it looks like he has the same hairstyle and the prison outfit...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Filler, by definition, isn't relevant. Using something as filler therefor means it's irrelevant. The lead boat, with Nathan Drake and company, is where the relevant characters are. If she were in the lead boat, I'd agree with you, but she's not and so I don't. And why would they use Jill or Leon in such a role? Both have been much more prominent in recent years. Claire's appearances have been minimal, almost forgettable.

Furthermore, why is it a render of her taken from a previous game when even "Steve" seems to have been posed uniquely akin to Drake and Lara Croft?
Maybe Claire's in the back boat and one of her old renders is being used because the game she could possibly be in might not have been announced yet? Everyone in the lead boat has either had their game announced or released. It's hard to have a reasonable discussion about this topic given that both of our arguments are based on assumptions. Time will tell.

Quote :
There were several similar GTA V hints that turned out to be false alarms. Did this costume designer work on any previous RE games?[/quote]
No she hasn't, but that doesn't mean she can't. Unless the new standard of professionalism is to lie about projects you've worked on, then I highly doubt she's lying. I don't think she would risk her reputation and possibly a lawsuit against her just to say she's worked on a game that hasn't even been announced. Also on her resume, she mentioned that she collaborated with House of Moves (while working on Resident Evil 7), which is a video game motion capture studio. Again, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:08 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Maybe Claire's in the back boat and one of her old renders is being used because the game she could possibly be in might not have been announced yet? Everyone in the lead boat has either had their game announced or released. It's hard to have a reasonable discussion about this topic given that both of our arguments are based on assumptions. Time will tell.
Whether a game's been announced or not is irrelevant. You think Sony doesn't have the resources to commission an artist? They could have easily painted Claire pushing blocks of ice out of the way just like what's-his-name in Drake's boat, but instead they just stuck in a render from an old game. All the background characters are probably renders from old games, the only difference is that they can't be made out.

At any rate, Vandal hit the nail on the head. It's just a mural paying homage to PlayStation's history. Any secret messages or future predictions are squarely in hopeful people's head.

Quote :
No she hasn't, but that doesn't mean she can't. Unless the new standard of professionalism is to lie about projects you've worked on, then I highly doubt she's lying. I don't think she would risk her reputation and possibly a lawsuit against her just to say she's worked on a game that hasn't even been announced. Also on her resume, she mentioned that she collaborated with House of Moves (while working on Resident Evil 7), which is a video game motion capture studio. Again, time will tell.
I'm not saying she can't, I was asking because it could easily have been a typo, since 7 is right next to 6 on most keyboards. A similar typo happened on the resume of a stuntman who worked on GTA IV when he listed "GTA V" as among the projects he'd worked on when he didn't. But now you bring forth something a little more conclusive, so fair enough.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Whether a game's been announced or not is irrelevant. You think Sony doesn't have the resources to commission an artist? They could have easily painted Claire pushing blocks of ice out of the way just like what's-his-name in Drake's boat, but instead they just stuck in a render from an old game. All the background characters are probably renders from old games, the only difference is that they can't be made out.

At any rate, Vandal hit the nail on the head. It's just a mural paying homage to PlayStation's history. Any secret messages or future predictions are squarely in hopeful people's head.
Like I said earlier, it is what it is. None of us have any proof as to what Claire's inclusion on that mural means.

Ghost Leader wrote:
I'm not saying she can't, I was asking because it could easily have been a typo, since 7 is right next to 6 on most keyboards. A similar typo happened on the resume of a stuntman who worked on GTA IV when he listed "GTA V" as among the projects he'd worked on when he didn't. But now you bring forth something a little more conclusive, so fair enough.
While that could be the case, it's completely missing from her resume now. If it were just a typo, she probably would have just fixed it. My thoughts are, assuming the information is correct, that when the news leaked onto the internet Capcom made her take it down.

You mentioned that she could have meant to type Resident Evil 6, but her name isn't listed under the credits for the game. She also posted that on her resume in October of 2013, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:40 am

Quote :
Like I said earlier, it is what it is. None of us have any proof as to what Claire's inclusion on that mural means.

Again, if Gordon Freeman was on the mural would it mean that Half-Life 3 is in the works? For all we know, it could be, but if he was included in the mural it wouldn't by any means confirm it. Her inclusion is actually very clear, and Sony Playstation stated in my last post "Next week, we will unveil a gaming inspired mural at E3." The main focus here is "gaming inspired mural." It's by no means an announcement or a hinting towards an announcement, if Capcom comes out tomorrow and announces Resident Evil 7 with Claire as the star, it doesn't mean the mural announced it. It was paying homage to past Resident Evil titles and recognizing her as an important part of Playstation history. It's an advertisment, not an announcement.

I don't know how much I have to say that, but if I need to spell it out for you again, I will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?   Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Greatness Await Claire and Steve?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next