HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! Empty
PostSubject: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySat Jun 29, 2019 5:00 am

Well, 7: Biohazard has noticeable elements lifted from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Saw, The Evil Dead and Trancers.

The others kind of copy the style of Call of Duty.

The winter section with Moira and Evgeny in Revelations 2 is very similar to Ellie's ordeal, where she went and hunted deer in The Last of Us.

Nemesis was probably inspired by movies like The Terminator.  scratch

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 12:10 am

The intro sequence in RE2make was heavily inspired by The Walking Dead and the Arklay Sheriff outfit in the game is modeled after Rick Grimes' uniform.

White Rock wrote:
The others kind of copy the style of Call of Duty.
CoD was at the height of its popularity at the time of RE5 and RE6 and Capcom wanted in on that craze thinking it would get them CoD-level profits. Of course, that obviously didn't work out. Which I told everyone here it wouldn't because the majority of the CoD fanbase only cares about CoD, but no one listened to me. Sometimes I hate being right all the time.

Open world games like GTA are the rage these days, with RPGs and looter games trailing them, so don't be surprised if the next non-remake RE is an open world RPG loot shooter.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 11:27 am

Maybe retro space invasion films like Invasion of the Body Snatchers too, or The Thing. And oh yeah. Night of the Living Dead, of which I'm W-A-A-A-A-Y certain it was an homage to. Or just zombie films in general.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 4:16 pm

There are actually quite a few references to other horror properties in RE2make, though. I watched a video on YouTube highlighting them all. One particularly notable example is during the Sherry segment
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 2:59 am

I haven't seen The Shining in years, but everyone knows that scene well. There's a sequel of sorts, out soon.

Happy 4th of July, to anybody on here who is American.

Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! Semelhancas-ada-nikita
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 8:33 pm

The original RE2 was heavily inspired by action/horror movies. You got the G creature that chest bursts à la Alien. The giant alligator which gets defeated just like the shark from Jaws. Knocking Mr.X into molten steel might be a reference to Terminator 2, although the result is much different. Probably even more that i'm forgetting.

Then theirs the interesting case of Resident Evil being inspired by itself!. With the now iconic laser corridor from the movie appearing in 4, 6 and Umbrella Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
The giant alligator which gets defeated just like the shark from Jaws.
OMG, I never even noticed that before now. Banhammer

Quote :
Knocking Mr.X into molten steel might be a reference to Terminator 2, although the result is much different.
Not really. The T-1000 pursued John Connor tirelessly just like Mr X did Claire and Leon and was destroyed by being dumped into a vat of molten steel just like Mr X. The only difference is how they were put into the molten steel, with the T-1000 being blown apart and falling while Mr X chased the G sample inside Sherry's pendant when it was thrown in.

Quote :
Then theirs the interesting case of Resident Evil being inspired by itself!. With the now iconic laser corridor from the movie appearing in 4, 6 and Umbrella Chronicles.
Yeah, there's that case, too.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:10 am

There is actually a film about an alligator in the sewers that had it being blown up.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 1:27 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:
The giant alligator which gets defeated just like the shark from Jaws.
OMG, I never even noticed that before now.  Banhammer

As a kid i'd always say "Smile you son of a ..." before taking the shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!   Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to! Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies and games that Resident Evil rips off, or, um... pays homage to!
Page 1 of 1