Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 2 remake talk...

Go down 
+4
PWNERX
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Bulls-3ye
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Resident Evil 2 remake talk... Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 am

Like my video, please.

What are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm

So nothing today huh? maybe the Japanese release date on the 29th?.

Anyway, happy anniversary RE2!.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added spoiler tags because it stretched the page - GL)
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 12:06 am

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 am

And as was plenty discussed on the Discord server, those turned out to be phooey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 1:05 am

I'm not really interested in the RE2 remake any more at all. I'd rather we got news about RE8 or even Revelations 3 at E3, because I think this is just for the fanboys to scoff about. I'm sure this remake will be nothing like the remake of the first game, and sure, we've had nothing to go on, so maybe I'm selling it short. That's exactly why I'm worried. You have to question their true motivation for making this, and why some of their past employees act snappy on Twitter when fans are just curious about its status. Aren't we all concerned about it by this stage? Even Naughty Dog doesn't do this to their fans.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 am

White Rock wrote:
why some of their past employees act snappy on Twitter when fans are just curious about its status

Because they don't work for Capcom anymore, don't have anything to do with the development of the game and most likely have no clue about how it is doing, yet people still keep pestering them about it. I would get pissed if hundreds of people kept asking me about what people are doing in my last work place, like I was on a direct phone line with them at all times.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 1:01 am

Yes. I guess I'd get annoyed too if they kept asking me questions I'd answered before, but they're still entitled to their opinions. Maybe they should turn off direct messaging, so they only receive tweets. Then they can mute the fans that tweet too much, so they don't get to know they're blocked. Although in doing so, they're kind of taking away their freedom of speech. If the tweets are abusive, then I can see their point when it comes to blocking users. Although with that said, being asked the same stuff will become unpleasant. Not everybody who made a Resident Evil game 20 years ago still revels in the idea of making more of them. They'd be better off taking their questions up with whoever is doing it nowadays, but I can see a lot of people being angry if E3 comes and goes with no confirmation of any sort...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyWed May 02, 2018 3:22 am

White Rock wrote:
Yes. I guess I'd get annoyed too if they kept asking me questions I'd answered before, but they're still entitled to their opinions. Maybe they should turn off direct messaging, so they only receive tweets.

That's the problem though, they'd need to turn off their entire twitter for that to work. People keep atting them (not direct messaging), making their entire feed just questions about a game they know nothing about.

Then the blocking thing, you'd have to spend a lot of time just doing that since there are thousands of people just spamming them. I guess the main problem is that actual good questions and other tweets like that get buried under the masses of people with no second thoughts about sending messages to people without checking their facts first.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Just one more month to go until E3 (13 June, I think). For we have mouths and we will scream.

If Capcom leaves us yet another year devoid of news, I'll be so cheesed off. It's long overdue.

Some people have already gave up on it, but I think they got too impatient, since we've seen nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat May 12, 2018 1:13 am

White Rock wrote:
Some people have already gave up on it

I don't really understand that, though. People have been waiting for a remake of the second game since the first came out in 2001. When we finally get a confirmation that yes, there indeed is going to be a new one, people give up after no news for some time? You waited for over 10 years and just the knowledge that there will be such a game is enough to make you not want it anymore due to no news? Why are people like this. Just... why. This is why we can't have nice things.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat May 12, 2018 5:48 pm

There's a guy on YouTube called Nemesis. Well, it is Nemesis with a dash after his name. Not sure what you call it. I'm such a newbie, because despite being a user on forums since 2003, I just call it 'the dash' since I don't know what its right name is. Uh...

But anyway, I just wanted to point out that all of his videos (while good to watch from the perspective of a long term fan) are kind of repetitive, because he always talks in just about every video about how Capcom ruined the legacy of Shinji Mikami, or how Capcom are money grabbers, liars, scam artists and you name it. Within a few weeks, he sees a bit of news (even if it ain't much) and then he just goes off on one yet again.

I can see his point, but he talks about the same issues over and over again, like an overly obsessed fan. However, I do appreciate what he has to say. It's just that he loses his cool from time to time, so he just repeats himself. Then he may do a live stream and edit out a particular part if he needs to emphasize something in particular, but again, it's usually a similar rant to one I've heard already.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySun May 13, 2018 3:40 pm

White Rock wrote:
he always talks in just about every video about how Capcom ruined the legacy of Shinji Mikami

I think Shinji Mikami ruined the legacy of Shinji Mikami all by himself. Evil Within was a terrible game and if it was any indication of where RE would have went in his hands, I doubt I'd be a fan of the series anymore.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyMon May 14, 2018 2:49 am

I enjoyed The Evil Within 2. The story made no sense, but it was a lot like Silent Hill, so I appreciate it. I'm sure there will be a third one, bringing it to a trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:11 am

White Rock wrote:
I enjoyed The Evil Within 2.
That one wasn't made by Mikami, though. He only supervised its production.

Even I think it looks interesting despite having been burned so bad by the first one. I think it might be the first person perspective.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyTue May 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Did you like Alone in the Dark? That is supposedly coming back too. Resident Evil (1) borrowed from it.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat May 26, 2018 5:22 am

There's been another small-ish leak of the remake. A grain of salt, again, and all that but here it is: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/source-resident-evil-2-remake-to-be-best-looking-entry-to-date/

White Rock wrote:
Did you like Alone in the Dark? That is supposedly coming back too.

Played through the entire series last year. I can honestly say I only really liked 4 and 1, 3 was so-and-so, 5 had potential but lost all its steam after about halfway through the game and both 2 and 6 were such abysmal pieces of crap I wouldn't wish for them to be played by anyone ever anywhere. Jack in the Dark was alright, too, I guess. Coincidentally I also watched the first movie, which was quite fun and not at all as terrible as people have made it out to be.

Speaking of the movie, the Alone in the Dark series is not coming back, at least not as a game. What many news outlets failed to actually check is what kind of copyright Atari was renewing. It wasn't the copyright for the games, that has last been renewed in 2015. The copyright that was renewed was for movies and tv shows, so if anything, we're getting another AitD movie (or a TV show). Even that is not very likely, as I think they just renewed it to keep the IP and not let anyone else go bidding for it.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptySat May 26, 2018 10:07 am

I hope this is all true. Although they really need to keep this game very faithful to the original. Even the least little screw up can still turn fans ravenous, and because 2 is arguably the best game in the series, they have to get their 'A' game on.

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-2-remake-details-4k-60fps/
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyMon May 28, 2018 11:59 am

White Rock wrote:
Even the least little screw up can still turn fans ravenous

I don't think it even needs to be a screw up to make fans go ballistic. The most "hardcore" RE fans in general are such a spastic bunch that start yelling and bawling their eyes out the instant a minute detail is not to their liking, whether it be a new title or a remaster. I honestly don't think Capcom needs to adhere to everything people demand, just make a great game.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyTue May 29, 2018 4:17 pm

I'm going to hazard a guess that the camera angles will be a mix of fixed and over the shoulder, where the character is not right against the camera, but a few steps forward, and the positioning changes based on your aiming or where you walk. Like the Reborn game's angles, only way better. I think they won't do a full RE 4 camera alteration, because I think they know fans are kind of expecting that, so they're probably going to work on this. Well, we will know soon enough at E3 either way. White Rock out!
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 11:49 pm

We Do It!

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 am

And it's so beautiful...
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am

I may have teared up a little.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm for it, but at the same time, I don't particularly dig the new look for Claire or that other stuff that isn't faithful, like the new design of Mr. X for example. Leon on the other hand, well, he is okay. But I do think after giving it more thought, that it's a decent thing that they are switching up the story a lot, so it's not like a scene for scene remake like the first remake is. It's probably not a canon entry anyway. It's a great game for the fans to enjoy and appreciate. I'm still a bit pissed that it ain't a full remake of 2 as I wanted, but I'm still prepared to enjoy it in its own right as you know? "Something else" to play...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

White Rock wrote:
It's probably not a canon entry anyway.

How so? More likely this will take RE2's place in the main canon, just like the first REmake did for RE1. I'm sure this will retcon a ton of continuity problems the 4 scenarios of the original RE2 presented, since while Claire A/Leon B is the canon one, still some of the stuff from the other scnearios made their way into the canon as well.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 3:48 pm

I am highly stoked for this! I pre-ordered on Monday. Everything I have seen from the demo playthroughs looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 remake talk...   Resident Evil 2 remake talk... Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 remake talk...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next